Verified:

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2015, 0:40:21

Originally posted by tellarion:
Btw Archaic, you have a good point with regards to moderator choices. The reason they choose people who have no ties with a specific server is: because they have no ties with a specific server. A lot of people volunteer to mod on certain servers, but they have a massive amount of connections, history and ties with that server. The most active people on a particular server would be instantly rejected by half the players...

^^ This
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2015, 0:42:10

dbl post.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 27th 2015, 0:44:24

This is why even if I quit all servers I could never moderate alliance or ffa as I would always get accused of abuse :)
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Dissident Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 2:27:47

This is becoming too much of a pissing contest.

tellarion Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 5:47:29

Originally posted by mrford:
Tella PMed me asking for my opinion, and when I gave it he didn't respond to it or give any input, he just responded to the 2nd aspect of my post which was polite ways to fix his moderation.

That is a good metaphor for this server.

Way to jump the gun, sir. I asked about 10 people, and planning to ask more. In fact, I've already posted the information on the mod board with my recommendations...

Jump the gun? The only responce you sent me.in PM had nothing to do with my suggestions. What exactly am I supposed to draw from that? You mentioned nothing regarding the question you asked. Poor form. Par for the course.

So you come here to complain? Par for the course.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2015, 6:09:56

Tella PMed me asking for my opinion, and when I gave it he didn't respond to it or give any input, he just responded to the 2nd aspect of my post which was polite ways to fix his moderation.

That is a good metaphor for this server.

Two threads ago you were whining about how I posted one of your PMs on forums. And here you go doing it yourself.

Edited By: Celphi on Aug 27th 2015, 6:51:18

mrford Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 10:15:25

Talking about a PM is not the same as literally posting it's entire contents. Do you really not see the difference? Of course you dont. The way your brain works is perplexing.

And of course I'm going to complain here tella. Someone who I feel is a bad moderator is not addressing my concerns. Clearly PM didn't work.

Edited By: mrford on Aug 27th 2015, 10:18:52
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

tellarion Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 10:18:41

Talking about a PM is not the same as literally posting it's entire contents.

Do you really not see the difference?

And of course I'm going to complain here tella. Someone who I feel is a bad moderator is not addressing my concerns. That is what you do.

Well I apologize for your lack of understanding. As I've already stated, I have collected feedback from 10-15 of the most vocal players on these boards, and I have posted the info on the mod board for the other mods to discuss. I've made my recommendations, and we're waiting on the new mod to weigh in before we present changes to you guys. So sit tight and be patient.

mrford Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 10:20:53

And you made exactly 0 of that clear in our correspondance. That is my fault? That is my lack of understanding or your failure of communication?

This is why you are an ineffective moderator.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

tellarion Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 10:30:42

Jesus, you will never be happy, will you? I do exactly what you want me to do, and you label me as ineffective? You'd be much more accurate if you labelled me as an ineffective communicator.

And why the hell are you getting so bent out of shape over this? I asked for your feedback on what you would like to see changed, and you gave it to me. And then you sent me a message telling me why I am such a terrible moderator and what I should do to change it. I briefly defended myself and ended with "But whatever, it's all talk, and your point is taken."

I take in your criticisms while also accepting your suggestions, and you decide to attack me for it? I really don't understand you..

mrford Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 10:34:10

Are you not reading?

You gave me 0 indication that you acknowledged my suggestions. The only thing you responded to were my critisisms, like most people do.

That is my entire point. I had to complain on the boards to get you to tell me what the plan was. How hard would it have been to add 2 sentences to your responce? Was I supposed to read your mind to obtain your intentions?

You complain that my complaints arnt valid. That is the best part in all this. Your mastery of communication is a joke, and you are a moderator of a community....

Edited By: mrford on Aug 27th 2015, 10:38:00
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

tellarion Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 10:35:11

I'm sorry.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2015, 10:51:45

Don't apologize to mrford, he has insulted every single person that posts on these boards or plays in the same set as him in a game, and rants on and on about how stupid and pathetic everyone is, and never apologizes. He certainly isn't owed an apology for anything. He should be sorry for being himself.

mrford Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 10:57:34

The difference is I have no responsibilities to the community. Not that it was a real apology anyways.

Cry about it and exaggerate some more Getafix.

Edited By: mrford on Aug 27th 2015, 11:01:52
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

tellarion Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 11:04:59

The difference is I have no responsibilities to the community. Not that it was a real apology anyways.

Cry about it and exaggerate some more Getafix.

I really am sorry.

mrford Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 11:08:46

I don't want you to be sorry. I just want you to try a bit harder. You arnt far off, it is just simple fluff.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 27th 2015, 11:12:33

so how far off am i ford :)
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

tellarion Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 11:15:15

I don't want you to be sorry. I just want you to try a bit harder. You arnt far off, it is just simple fluff.

One day, I'll be a real mod and make you proud of me! You'll see!

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2015, 11:18:10

As I said once before, shortly before galleri closed the thread, and in response to one of your insults about my family, Go fluff your mother, mrford.

mrford Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 11:20:22

Originally posted by Warster:

Do you even still do moderator things?

It isn't me you need to make proud. It isn't like I'm the only dissatisfied customer, amd I have no problem with any moderator decisions you have made. But you can't conduct yourself like I do. You don't get to have that brand of fun or mud wrestling unless you step down.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 27th 2015, 11:22:42

i delete posts and be annoying , does that count :)
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2015, 11:27:43

And now, mrford, you have put me a position of cognitive dissonance where I find I am actually supporting the lackeys of vested authority simple because we are unified in our opposition to you! You really are an annoying little fluff.

mrford Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 11:36:37

You are more than welcome to ignore me though. It isn't that difficult. You crying about it isn't really going to change anything because I do what I want, and I call people acting like tards, tards.

i delete posts and be annoying , does that count :)

So you are basically a board mod now huh? Where were you during all the race riots? Hmmmmmmm? Lol.

Edited By: mrford on Aug 27th 2015, 11:39:09
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

tellarion Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 11:37:03

Do you even still do moderator things?

It isn't me you need to make proud. It isn't like I'm the only dissatisfied customer, amd I have no problem with any moderator decisions you have made. But you can't conduct yourself like I do. You don't get to have that brand of fun or mud wrestling unless you step down.

It's ok. You are still my benchmark to beat!

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 27th 2015, 11:43:42

actually im still a game mod , i mod 3 servers ( well meant to be lol)
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Dissident Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 11:44:00

We did real good. Stayed on topic for nearly one whole page.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 27th 2015, 11:48:00

went off topic when Colo decided to attack tella war xp instead of actually discussing his point and explaining why his ideas would work.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

mrford Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 11:52:47

Turning this server's rules into a legal document with clauses and sub clauses isn't going to do anyone a favor.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 27th 2015, 11:55:32

thats why i dont mod team anymore, too much work

plus this is the first reset ive played team
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2015, 12:11:13

Turning this server's rules into a legal document with clauses and sub clauses isn't going to do anyone a favor.

I actually agree with this, and it didn't even come with the usual putdowns and insults, way to go mrford.

I think there are some good general principles in place for the rules of the Team server. Some grey area's in the rules are good since they make people test out the limits and try creative stuff, and they also test people's ethics. The mods have been too inactive to deal with day to day arguments, and more timely rulings on disputes would be helpful. Maybe now that the end of summer is approaching they will have more time. I still think elves would be a good addition the the mod team, he seems enthusiastic and pretty reasonable and would probably be more available to moderate problems as they come up since he's always around on irc.

mrford Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 12:26:53

Lol at how you are insulting while talking about me not making insults.

Stay golden pony boy.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

tellarion Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 12:30:10

Getafix, keep in mind that TT isn't always representative of what goes on ingame. Many many people post stuff here complaining about abuse, but fail to report it ingame or message a mod. If someone PMs me about something, I almost always look into it. I don't always take action, but I almost always look.

Based on that, there haven't been a whole lot of reports in the last few months. But yeah, if you only see TT, you'd see a different story.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2015, 12:44:44

Thanks tella. I'm sure that's true. People sure like to start talking up a lot of bs on this forum but it not really surprising that they don't follow up by escalating and going through channels. If their dispute or problem was really important to them, then one would think they would. I would. The biggest problem I ever had was about market cheating on Express and I escalated it all the way, and eventually everyone was honest about the situation.

Anyhow, I don't want this thraed to degenerate into a flame war between me an ford. It easy to get sucked into that with him, he's such an incredible dork :)

Welll good luck with the modding! I'm heading out for a walk and away from the insults that are inevitably gong to come spewing out from mrford. Have a great day!

mrford Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 12:50:06

You have been more insulting in this thread than I have.

Get over yourself. You don't get to criticize someone else for being dirty while you are crawling out of the mud pit.

Edited By: mrford on Aug 27th 2015, 12:54:42
Swagger of a Chupacabra

tellarion Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 13:37:41

You have been more insulting in this thread than I have.

Get over yourself. You don't get to criticize someone else for being dirty while you are crawling out of the mud pit.

Man, you are just a bundle of joy recently.

Colo Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 16:56:32

went off topic when Colo decided to attack tella war xp instead of actually discussing his point and explaining why his ideas would work.

I really need to explain to you guys how it's NOT ok to tell fighters they can't defend their war from outsiders? You literally have to be a sack of fluff to think that is an acceptable solution.

But this is why Tella put the input from his right hand man and his cronies on the mod board. Tella with his NETTING philosophy wants them to have immunity while attacking the losing side. Which is BTW, a CLEAR violation of the policy that tella is supposedly upholding, which is 5v5. All in favor for his boys. Do I really need to explain in greater detail...or do you get the picture yet?

Edited By: Colo on Aug 27th 2015, 17:04:52

archaic Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 19:13:52

Just as a side note, because celphi has no history and has never done real FA - posting PMs in the forums is really really bad form. Wars have been fought because of it. Us old guys get pretty I'll about it and it earns you zero political capital.

If you want to start cultivating allies, you need to learn to treat your fellow players with respect.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2015, 21:34:18

FA is for ALLIANCE. You want alliances?? Join the ALLIANCE server.

I don't give a flip on how it was. This isn't the past grandpa. You cannot expect new players to join a server that has everyone allied against them, unless you suck their @#%!. Screw that. I don't care how many people hate me or want to war me, but if you want to, then start the war before the other team does. Otherwise stfu. You all want to run your gangbang trains on teams already at war. Losers. The ones who talk the most trash can't do anything without their alliances.

Rybka handled their own, on their own. Notice DS didn't do shyt until we got into a war. My clan finished the set with max turns to avoid getting jumped by another clan. If the rules were enforced correctly that set, xBaDx would have be tagged killed. But we had to play as much defensively as we did offensively.

elvesrus

Aug 27th 2015, 21:38:32

FA is also used to avoid war...
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2015, 21:42:15

Sure--- use FA to avoid a war with a 5v5. I shouldn't need FA to avoid 20v5.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2015, 21:43:34

The issue is 6+ teams vs 5 player teams.

I mean, what's the point of making the teams have a cap of 5, if you're going to allow them to function as a group of 25?

ssewellusmc

Aug 27th 2015, 21:45:18

Lol... this is just like his bad math. The big picture evades him.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2015, 21:55:41

On the solo servers the rules restrict you to 1v1s. You cannot recruit more players or use FA to do 2+v1.

So why on TEAM, should there NOT be rules preventing more than 5+v5??

There's other servers which allow you to go beyond that limitation. If the mods decide to allow alliances, then you may as well rename the server to ALLIANCE2. In fact, you wouldn't even need mods then, because those 20 people will bascially moderate the entire server based on FA politics.

I should be able to recruit 4 players & make a team of 5 and compete with other TEAMs of 5. I shouldn't be competing against alliances. The veterans had their chance to make the server right. Their method failed for a reason & what stops it from happening again? What stops a complete migration of 30 players to the server working together to gang up on one TEAM? Nothing if you're using the old rules.

It's completely absurd that one clan "weedylar" is the only clan allowed to net on the server because of the political atmosphere. It should be a clear 5v5 just like EXPRESS is 1v1.

mrford Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 21:59:08

Celphi just wants the rules to protect him from his mouth. It is as simple as that.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

elvesrus

Aug 27th 2015, 22:04:20

he wouldn't like one of my rule tweak suggestions
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

ssewellusmc

Aug 27th 2015, 22:31:35

Celphi just wants the rules to protect him from his mouth. It is as simple as that.

Bingo

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2015, 22:45:32

It's going to go one of two ways:

Either we have competitive 5v5s or a server population of 35, with 10 of them as suiciders.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2015, 23:08:22

Originally posted by ssewellusmc:

Bingo

Yeah, bingo, I have to say

ssewellusmc

Aug 27th 2015, 23:20:15

Originally posted by Celphi:

Either we have competitive 5v5s or a server population of 35, with 10 of them as suiciders.

Are you going to support that statement with some logic or is this just your (worthless) oppinion?

braden Game profile

Aug 27th 2015, 23:45:10

Originally posted by Celphi:

we have more than 35 now?