Verified:

Monex Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 20:43:32

Posted by kalick on another post thought this should have its own topic.
Originally posted by Kalick:
Yes, I think everyone agrees that Team server is not working as intended. But I think the game admins have bigger things on their plate than this server, so I wouldn't expect it to be fixed by them. And I don't think WoG, TSO, or DBD are going to fix it either =p

There has been alot of talk recently about spirit of team server and how to enforce it. It is would realy not be that hard of a fix imo (If it is the majority of the server wants to)
We could try it next set if enough people are interested.

(Everyone could even keep their team/clan sights that they have now they would only act as a social center for friends/allies.)

How it could work assuming (TSO is on board).

We create a boxcar site for "sprit of team" all people/teams interested can join no country numbers or EE API Key's will be entered.
This will act as a central hub for kill runs against teams not in support of "spirit of team" and for FA matters between participating tags.

All tags have independent names no themes allowed any 2 or more tags with the same theme are killed out of the gate.

We create and enforce a basic kill policy / Grab policy server wide.

I.E (Rough draft and would need work)

A Tag is defined as a group of 3-5 countries that are actively playing turns.

Fail to meet the minimum of 3 active members and you will be considered untagged and have no courtesies extended to you.

Be found guilty of exceeding the maximum of 5 active countries working together and you will be killed by the "spirit of team" coalition

Retals will be taken on a Tag:Tag only unless a police hit is authorized at a time of war.

Kill runs will be done Tag:Tag basis only with exceptions.
1. A multi tag war is prearranged (prearranged wars may consist of any number of tags of agreed upon by participating parties. Allies may not be called in.)
2. 2 or more teams are not abiding by the "spirit of team" rules.
3. If a tag is FSed they are allowed to call in 1 ally tag. If the defending tag calls in 1 ally the attacking Tag will be extended the same privilege. No More than 1 ally tag per side may be called under any circumstance.

A Tag will not Landgrab another tag if that tag has been the subject of 3 or more grabs in a 48 hour period from a combination of 2 or more separate tags until 24 hours after last hit.

Example 1:
Tag A farms Tag B 5 times
At this time Tag B is open for grabs to all members of Tag A and All Members from Tag C-Z
Now a member from Tag C Farms Tag B 5 times
At this time Tag B is open to land grabs from all members of Tag A and the single member from Tag C that farmed them.
Tag D-Z must wait 24 hours after last hit to grab.

Example 2:
A member of Tag A grabs Tag D 1 time
A member of Tag B grabs Tag D 1 time
A Member of Tag C grabs Tag D 1 time
All above hits were in a 48 hour period
At this time Tag D is only open to grabs from the individual members of Tag A,B,C that did the grabs
All other members of Tag A,B,C and all members of tags E-Z must wait 24 hours after last hit.

The short version if a Tag is being farmed by another Tag or has been the subject of 3 grabs in 48 hours from separate Tags stay away from them for 24 hours.

Any violations of above will be brought to attention of "the spirit of team" coalition. Mistakes do happen and will be addressed accordingly. Repeat offenders will be killed.

All individual tags are encouraged to enforce any retal/kill policy they choice, as long as it does not interfere with the rules outlined above.
I.E L: L 1:1 1: kill is at the discretion of individual tag but it may only be enforced by that individual tag.

In closing
There are enough blood thirsty people here that can enforce all the initial killing. Netters would only need to follow the rules and not have to worry about the random killing that will happen at first.

Thoughts?

Edited By: Monex on Jan 22nd 2012, 22:48:09
See Original Post
[url=https://www.torn.com/1994581]Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG[/url]

Boltar Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 22:13:58

u tell em jersey boy

Monex Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 22:46:49

Quoted myself instead of editing my mistake

Edited By: Monex on Jan 22nd 2012, 22:49:02
See Original Post
[url=https://www.torn.com/1994581]Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG[/url]

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 6:47:29

We need more b00bies
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

ViLSE Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 14:55:52

I prefer to have some game changes as previously discussed where teams have to declare war in order to be able to do GS/BR and so forth.

Anything less than that will always be abused by someone someway.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2012, 14:58:04

Instead of having to declare war on all the guys breaking the "spirit of team" better if the mods just agree to these rules and enforce it by making purple those who cheat and are reported.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

braden Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 16:41:28

vilse has it right, the old idea of teams declaring war against teams and then not allowing other teams of five to jump in once it's happened.

and then if two netting teams declare war against each other to prevent being hit/farmed/whatever, then as blid points out they can happily be deleted for abusing the game rules/mechanics, however you want to word it.

this would ensure that it is team vs team, and would give us all pretty much what we'd like..

blid

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2012, 18:58:16

Yeah if there's a lot of support for this I'd love to see that done and maybe give Teams a chance
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2012, 5:27:35

It would be nice if team server actually became a true team server, but I think many of the rules by the OP are over the top. A team should be able to retal themselves as necessary, not require rules that prevent too many tags from hitting them.

At the same time, the idea of a general community coming together to enforce the spirit of the rules would be fantastic (and what the admins probably hope to see eventually happen), though it has occasionally happened in the past when people "team"ed up to take on RD etc. It might be enough to bring me back to team, even if it involves warring more than I would like, but sometimes you have to fight for the principles.

braden Game profile

Jan 26th 2012, 13:08:46

no matter who teamed up against us, we always won.

but now we're all but disbanded on this server, go iris and tbp!

Mr. Iris Game profile

Jan 26th 2012, 16:24:18

Our 1:kill is still in full effect, please don't make me try and enforce it.

Kidding.
Originally posted by archaic:
see many colors
fluttering in the spring winds
Iris blooms again

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2012, 18:53:27

Originally posted by braden:
no matter who teamed up against us, we always won.

but now we're all but disbanded on this server, go iris and tbp!
You might have "won" in the conventional sense but your membership about halved in the sets we hit you actively

We didn't care about dying. We ran one or two restarts only because we wanted to do the damage and then stop giving you something to play with.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

de1i Game profile

Jan 26th 2012, 21:21:48

Definitely no correlation to us joining Alliance full time during those resets.

toma Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 14:10:08

you keep on denying it but that's not what our spy read on your forums ;)
Originally posted by Slagpit:
Ruining peoples fun for no reason is okay, but ruining it for a reason I disagree with isn't okay. Never change, community.

de1i Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 15:33:26

Go ahead and post any proof from said spy, I would love to see how you destroyed the heart and soul in our year+ long run on this server.

Hell I think our biggest argument was whether or not we should allow our members to stay small enough to give you something to suicide on. :P

Killa Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 15:54:33

I was in RD and quit to play alliance
+Killa

tduong Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 17:33:35

Originally posted by Monex:
Posted by kalick on another post thought this should have its own topic.
Originally posted by Kalick:
Yes, I think everyone agrees that Team server is not working as intended. But I think the game admins have bigger things on their plate than this server, so I wouldn't expect it to be fixed by them. And I don't think WoG, TSO, or DBD are going to fix it either =p

There has been alot of talk recently about spirit of team server and how to enforce it. It is would realy not be that hard of a fix imo (If it is the majority of the server wants to)
We could try it next set if enough people are interested.

(Everyone could even keep their team/clan sights that they have now they would only act as a social center for friends/allies.)

How it could work assuming (TSO is on board).

We create a boxcar site for "sprit of team" all people/teams interested can join no country numbers or EE API Key's will be entered.
This will act as a central hub for kill runs against teams not in support of "spirit of team" and for FA matters between participating tags.

All tags have independent names no themes allowed any 2 or more tags with the same theme are killed out of the gate.

We create and enforce a basic kill policy / Grab policy server wide.

I.E (Rough draft and would need work)

A Tag is defined as a group of 3-5 countries that are actively playing turns.

Fail to meet the minimum of 3 active members and you will be considered untagged and have no courtesies extended to you.

Be found guilty of exceeding the maximum of 5 active countries working together and you will be killed by the "spirit of team" coalition

Retals will be taken on a Tag:Tag only unless a police hit is authorized at a time of war.

Kill runs will be done Tag:Tag basis only with exceptions.
1. A multi tag war is prearranged (prearranged wars may consist of any number of tags of agreed upon by participating parties. Allies may not be called in.)
2. 2 or more teams are not abiding by the "spirit of team" rules.
3. If a tag is FSed they are allowed to call in 1 ally tag. If the defending tag calls in 1 ally the attacking Tag will be extended the same privilege. No More than 1 ally tag per side may be called under any circumstance.

A Tag will not Landgrab another tag if that tag has been the subject of 3 or more grabs in a 48 hour period from a combination of 2 or more separate tags until 24 hours after last hit.

Example 1:
Tag A farms Tag B 5 times
At this time Tag B is open for grabs to all members of Tag A and All Members from Tag C-Z
Now a member from Tag C Farms Tag B 5 times
At this time Tag B is open to land grabs from all members of Tag A and the single member from Tag C that farmed them.
Tag D-Z must wait 24 hours after last hit to grab.

Example 2:
A member of Tag A grabs Tag D 1 time
A member of Tag B grabs Tag D 1 time
A Member of Tag C grabs Tag D 1 time
All above hits were in a 48 hour period
At this time Tag D is only open to grabs from the individual members of Tag A,B,C that did the grabs
All other members of Tag A,B,C and all members of tags E-Z must wait 24 hours after last hit.

The short version if a Tag is being farmed by another Tag or has been the subject of 3 grabs in 48 hours from separate Tags stay away from them for 24 hours.

Any violations of above will be brought to attention of "the spirit of team" coalition. Mistakes do happen and will be addressed accordingly. Repeat offenders will be killed.

All individual tags are encouraged to enforce any retal/kill policy they choice, as long as it does not interfere with the rules outlined above.
I.E L: L 1:1 1: kill is at the discretion of individual tag but it may only be enforced by that individual tag.

In closing
There are enough blood thirsty people here that can enforce all the initial killing. Netters would only need to follow the rules and not have to worry about the random killing that will happen at first.

Thoughts?

You can't enforce a server wide retal policy because that beats the whole point of team. Each team can retal whatever they want. If a team is strong enough to ror then let them. Because they can't ror every teams so they can expect to be leveled if they go that route. I shouldn't be afraid to ror because strangers will kill me wtf? lol. What you're making is just a bigger tso.

No, no calling allies. You work with just your team. wtf you tried to get rid of multi tags to differentiate from alliance so you can enforce something that's pretty much the same. I'll bet if you allow these "allies" to help then after the war they still remain allies. That's no different than tso, monks, xwbx, multi tags teams etc...

A team can be 1-5 members. If you want to be your own team of yourself then you're a retard and you will just get farmed anyways.

Any team can hit any other teams any numbers of times they want. Why are you limiting how many hits a team can take. That's like saying it doesn't matter what job you have or how well you do it, everyone gets paid the same. That's stupid and should not be a factor. 3 Grabs in 48 hours? are you kidding? Getting 80+ turns a day I am making at least 3 LGs everyday. Unless you are expecting 75% of the server to be all explore lol. You stated teams can have whatever retal policy they want but then restrict all their choices except 2 lmao.

I think the only 2 enforcements would be when there is obvious evidence that teams are working together to bully other teams. Like say tso decides to change completely different names but still working together. Or when 2 teams are warring and a 3rd jumps in to help. That's when we call the entire server to do kill runs.

back to the drawing board.
Team server should be a dog eat dog team based game. Just like solo servers except with fixed teams and they can only ally each other within that team. Hence the reason why it was built so you can't have relations outside your tag. Stop making things so complicated. If the entire server thinks 2 teams are working together then we kill those cheating teams. EEstats is our evidence and it doesn't lie. It's that simple.
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

crest23 Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 17:49:12

I agree, Team server should basically be EXACTLY like the Tourney server, except the INDIVIDUAL in Tourney are the countries and in Team, the teams. Coordinating countries on solo servers are cheating, it should be the same on the Team server. NO need for kill runs, the mods should just purple them like they would a country in a solo server.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Boltar Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 18:03:58

if there was no kill runs. they might as well name this server "Net Server"

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2012, 18:34:32

I don't think crest is saying remove kill runs altogether, but just that coordinating teams should be policed by admins similarly to how JJ and his roommate/cousin/dog are policed on the solo servers. You would still be able to have kill runs and war, it would just be based on 5v5 and individual teams rather than the alliance/coalitions of multiple teams which tend to dominate the server currently.

tduong Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 18:52:51

Originally posted by Boltar:
if there was no kill runs. they might as well name this server "Net Server"

I'll bet your kill runs wouldn't be so successful if you had just (1) 5-man team

Ok so right now you have your 40 man kill runs so we'll just call it tso's alliance server.

Boltar Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 18:58:11

tduong we have since our second set tried to setup arranged wars 10vs 10 15 vs 15 etc.. and so forth.. no one has taken us up on it so far..

tduong Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 19:06:39

that's because most people play for leaderboards which is basically nw race. You guys just didn't get enough of alliance or something and wants to create countries in teams just to kill?

do you see the problem? if you want to war then just create individual teams and war with other individual teams. No one takes you up on it because they want to netgain, not war. They war out of necessity to protect their netgain. You war for sport because you're just bored of not having enough turns in alliance and you want to feel superior in teams.

If you really want to help out team server then just start farming multi tags teams. But all you're doing right now is making people band together even more. That's the only way they'll survive. Basically, you're the big pink elephant in the room that's making everyone feel uncomfortable and ruinging the purpose of team server.

Boltar Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 19:20:15

only half accurate.. the "War clan" before we got here didnt want to war us straight up.. the bored part. yea thats about right.. and we have thought about hitting each other.. we started to last set

tduong Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 19:22:39

you mean dbd? yes they warred but they're more of netters than warmongers. They war to keep other teams down. The ones they can pick on and absolutely win anyways.

Boltar Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 19:25:47

no wog/fbi was the war clan

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 27th 2012, 19:49:24

Unfortunately, the only thing we can do from a staff perspective without causing massive problems is

1) enforce objective rules or as close to objective rules as possible.. "spirit of the server" is a little fuzzy. You are running 3 accounts is very clear cut.

2) set up the server in a way to discourage certain methods of play. For example getting rid of all kinds of attacking would drastically change the way the server would operate (NOT ADVOCATING THIS!)

Otherwise we are actively interfering in the server itself which simply won't end well imo. On this server (or alliance/ffa) players banding together to enforce certain behaviors within the game rules or discourage others is fair game. But as a game mod I'm not going to comment on what those should/shouldn't be.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

tduong Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 23:38:30

You're right banding together doesn't break rules. It just making this server not fun.

ViLSE Game profile

Jan 30th 2012, 12:56:51

Yeah DBD is certainly not a war clan at all even though we meddle in it occasionally when pushed that direction. We like netgaining preferably as war-free as possible.

The only one we have really ever picked on as tduong states is really MKR and there we most definitely had our reasons. It was in no way whatsoever just a random act. :-)

braden Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 0:49:23

if every single netgainer on the server being blindside killed isn't evidence enough that the game admins have to fluffing do something, then i don't know what is.

i mean, you're letting them turn your game into a joke.

(i apologize for the split infinitive..)

Hobo Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 23:22:09

"Teams" tag-sharing and tag-teaming is the exact reason why I stopped playing in the server.