Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Feb 21st 2014, 5:28:20

Originally posted by braden:
uh, what?

see, its fun not even to try to make points.

we already determined you had no interest in carrying on the conversation.

and you have two president, herbert hoover or fdr, which one caused the depression? oh, i'm sorry, the american revolution, distancing itself from the english monarchy, THAT is what caused the great depression? warshington? jefferson? adams? where do you place the blame? on the entirety of the economic system? then the american revolution, is indeed, the cause of the death of seven plus million people come the depression?

i'm confused. i at least relate my ridiculous arguments to history, you seem to make it up as you go, i call you on it with rhetoric and questions, and you ignore it as me.. what, not understanding how history works?
holy crap man, wtf
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

braden Game profile

Feb 21st 2014, 5:33:57

Originally posted by blid:
Originally posted by braden:
uh, what?

see, its fun not even to try to make points.

we already determined you had no interest in carrying on the conversation.

and you have two president, herbert hoover or fdr, which one caused the depression? oh, i'm sorry, the american revolution, distancing itself from the english monarchy, THAT is what caused the great depression? warshington? jefferson? adams? where do you place the blame? on the entirety of the economic system? then the american revolution, is indeed, the cause of the death of seven plus million people come the depression?

i'm confused. i at least relate my ridiculous arguments to history, you seem to make it up as you go, i call you on it with rhetoric and questions, and you ignore it as me.. what, not understanding how history works?
holy crap man, wtf

that is you admitting defeat? i accept.

and before you get the chance, i'll respond for you, uh what, holy crap, wtf man, uh what the wtf man?

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Feb 21st 2014, 5:39:11

NOW I'M STARTING TO GET CONFUSED, BLID.

IF COMMUNISM DOESN'T REQUIRE ANYONE TO HAVE POWER OVER OTHERS, THEN WHO FORCES PEOPLE TO GIVE AWAY THE FRUITS OF THEIR LABOR? AND IF NO ONE FORCES IT, THEN HOW IS THE "FAIR" DISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH ACHIEVED UNDER YOUR IDEAL SYSTEM?

YOU'RE RIGHT THAT IN MOST DEMOCRATIC SYSTEMS TODAY, CORRUPT POLITICIANS (IS THERE ANY OTHER KIND?) USE THEIR POWER TO GIVE BENEFITS TO THOSE WHO CAN MOST BENEFIT THEM. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I ARGUE FOR A FEDERAL GOVERNMENT THAT IS POWERLESS IN ALMOST EVERYTHING.. FOR A GOVERNMENT WHOSE SOLE PURPOSE IS TO PROTECT THE LIBERTY OF IT'S CITIZENS. A POLITICIAN WHO CANNOT TAX PEOPLE UNEQUALLY CANNOT FAVOR ONE OVER THE OTHER, OR GIVE HIS BUDDIES TAX BREAKS. A POLITICIAN WHO CANNOT CREATE BURDENSOME REGULATIONS CANNOT GRANT RELIEF FROM THOSE REGULATIONS ONLY TO HIS FRIENDS. A POLITICIAN WHO IS NOT STEALING THE FRUITS OF HIS CONSTUENTS' LABORS IS NOT WORTH BUYING OFF. A POLITICIAN WHO IS LIMITED IN HIS POWER TO DEFENDING LIBERTY CANNOT CREATE A DISASTROUS HEALTH CARE LAW WHICH DRASTICALLY RAISES THE COST OF HEALTH CARE AND HEALTH INSURANCE FOR EVERYONE.

AND YES, IN A FREE MARKET SYSTEM, TRADE *IS* VOLUNTARY. EVERYBODY HAS TO WORK TO SURVIVE IN ANY SYSTEM.. IN A FREE SOCIETY, NOBODY FORCES YOU TO WORK *FOR SOMEONE ELSE* FOR YOUR BASIC NEEDS. MOST PEOPLE *CHOOSE* TO BE AN EMPLOYEE RATHER THAN SELF EMPLOYED BECAUSE THAT IS THE EASIEST ROUTE TO TAKE, AND INVOLVES THE LEAST RISK.

braden Game profile

Feb 21st 2014, 5:43:53

blid, i'm off to bed. we can disagree on politics, history, or whether two plus two equals four or five- i only hope it doesn't prevent us from being cordial from here out <3

crest23 Game profile

Mar 4th 2014, 5:24:44

http://news.yahoo.com/...raine-211452971.html?vp=1

Yes, Putin is a dictator.

"In Monday’s survey, 30% of respondents from Moscow and St. Petersburg said that Russia could see massive political protests of the kind that overthrew the Ukrainian government last month. Putin’s only means of forestalling that kind of unrest is to crack down hard and early. So on Feb. 28, Russia’s most prominent opposition activist Alexei Navalny was put under house arrest less than six months after he won 30% of the vote in the Moscow mayoral race. Expect more of the same if the opposition to Putin’s intervention starts to find its voice."

The Nigerian Nightmare.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2014, 2:30:11

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:
COMMUNISM DOESN'T KILL PEOPLE.

NEITHER DOES CAPITALISM.

WHEN PEOPLE GRANT GOVERNMENTS THE POWER TO RULE THEM, GOVERNMENTS KILL PEOPLE. JUST LOOK AT ALL THE EXAMPLES YOU TWO ARE TOSSING AT EACH OTHER TO TRY TO SHOW HOW HORRIBLE THE OTHER SIDE IS. THE COMMON THREAD IS NOT AN ECONOMIC PHILOSOPHY. THE COMMON THREAD IS A PERSON OR GROUP OF PEOPLE WITH TOO MUCH POWER. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY.

THIS IS WHY COMMUNISM (ON A LARGE SCALE) HAS NEVER WORKED AND NEVER CAN. COMMUNISM REQUIRES THAT THERE BE A PERSON OR GROUP OF PEOPLE WITH THE AUTHORITY TO RULE THE MASSES, IN ORDER TO ENSURE EQUAL DISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH. PROBLEM IS, ONCE PEOPLE HAVE POWER, THEY TEND TO BECOME GREEDY AND CORRUPT.. THAT PESKY PART OF HUMAN NATURE THAT CAUSES US ALL TO LOOK OUT FOR OUR OWN SELF INTEREST FIRST INEVITABLY LEADS TO THE FAILURE OF ANY GOVERNING SYSTEM WHICH REQUIRES A PERSON OR GROUP TO HAVE ABSOLUTE POWER OVER OTHERS.

FREE MARKET CAPITALISM CAN AND HAS WORKED. IT IS JUST VERY RARELY ALLOWED TO FLOURISH FOR LONG, BEFORE POLITICIANS DECIDE TO TRY TO TAKE CONTROL, AND GAIN THEMSELVES SOME POWER. AND POLITICIANS ARE VERY SKILLED AT GETTING THE MASSES TO BUY INTO THE POLITICS OF ENVY AND GREED, OF US VS THEM (RICH VS POOR IN THIS CASE) AND OF FEAR (YOU NEED US TO PROTECT YOU!).

AND BLID, YOU COMPARED THE THEFT OF THE RUSSIAN PEOPLE'S ASSETS TO THE RICH IN CAPITALIST SYSTEMS... YOU DO REALIZE I'M SURE, THE HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. IN THE CASE OF SOVIET RUSSIA, THOSE ASSETS WERE ALL TAKEN FROM THE PEOPLE BY FORCE BY AN ALL POWERFUL GOVERNMENT. IN A CAPITALIST SOCIETY, THE TRADE WHICH MAKES SOME PEOPLE RICH IS VOLUNTARY. NO ONE FORCES THE MIDDLE CLASS TO SPEND THEIR MONEY ON THE NEWEST SHINY OBJECT. NO ONE FORCES PEOPLE TO BUY PRODUCTS LIKE A FANCY CAR, OR A NEW COUCH, OR HEALTH INSU... OH WAIT.

I MISS CAPITALISM.

well thought out, my man. :)

I miss Capitalism too.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2014, 2:44:37

Egalitarianism never works, instead of raising everyone up to the highest common level, it reduces everyone to the lowest common denominator.

The rationale behind this type of governmental system is that anyone who is exceptional, will not perform up to their capabilities and create, and or do, something of great import or achievement. And why should they since they will only get the same benefit as someone who wants to sit on their ass and do nothing, yet have those needs met by the people in charge of distributing the "payment".

Thus, the incentive to excel is not there, and if it is, it is never rewarded, thus, everyone languishes under the the lowest possible existance.

I would much rather live in a meritocracy rather than a democracy, or a dictatorship, no matter how benevolent.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2014, 4:51:57

cerberus offers some unique insight into communism
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

tellarion Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 14:12:41

blid, stop arguing semantics with his usage of the term 'communism'. Obviously he means russian style communism, or stalinism or bolshevism(as he started the posts with). There has not been a 'true' communist state in the modern era, because, as sam said, human nature won't allow it.

So yeah, the current Russian Federation is just USSR v.2 with brand new economic capitalistic trappings. Pretty much like China.

If you really want to use better descriptors, let's call it a One-party, Autocratic state. Better?

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 5th 2014, 14:54:28

"pure" capitalism does not and has never existed on any kind of scale. Historically the countries closest to "pure" capitalism (which has never been the United states, do some research) have tended to fall apart or have turned into Banana republics (and in a way back to a mercantalist system).
Adam smith argues that capitalism only works if there is balance and competition, but he also states that under such a system both labor and owners act to undo this balance towards their interest. He also states that the balance of power rests with the owners.

Orson Wells puts it best: "everyone is equal but some people are more equal than others"

Sam: you are actually arguing for a system called "Anarchy" (a system where there is no concentration of power, not "anarchy" as in free for all) not capitalism.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Boltar Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 15:05:34

banana republic's? they turned into a clothing store?

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 6th 2014, 4:07:19

Originally posted by Cerberus:
Egalitarianism never works, instead of raising everyone up to the highest common level, it reduces everyone to the lowest common denominator.

The rationale behind this type of governmental system is that anyone who is exceptional, will not perform up to their capabilities and create, and or do, something of great import or achievement. And why should they since they will only get the same benefit as someone who wants to sit on their ass and do nothing, yet have those needs met by the people in charge of distributing the "payment".

Thus, the incentive to excel is not there, and if it is, it is never rewarded, thus, everyone languishes under the the lowest possible existance.

I would much rather live in a meritocracy rather than a democracy, or a dictatorship, no matter how benevolent.

Here's what happens in a meritocracy:

The Peter Principle is the principle that "in a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to their level of incompetence"

braden Game profile

Mar 6th 2014, 4:19:49

i don't wish to argue, martian, but i was under the impression that the gold and silver standard, during the "manifest destiny" period of american history was, save the concept or idea of personal property and theft, but in fact pure capitalism?