Verified:

warmaniac Game profile

Jan 14th 2013, 18:08:08

Hmm.. Some said top feed policies are bull fluff and shouldn't be a big issue if a person with huge nw grabs one fat fella with low defense.. Well true, that fat ass could have done better defending his fat land, but guess who has been enforcing all this L:L retal policy? If like how somebody said how it's supposed to be, then let's see how well he takes it if he's top fed and just entitled to a 1:1 retal..

And sometimes talking sense into someone who is senseless is just a waste of time... All they need is just some impact learning where they have to just for once be the receiving end of the issue and there, all their previous arguments of how stupid and petty this issue is will in turn be their most solid grounds to FS some other party who did that to them..

Well, that's how it goes I suppose

SirSepher Game profile

Jan 14th 2013, 19:00:13

So then a better question to this aspect may be such: At what point does a grab become an aggressive land grab, (aka: fluff move), and how should alliances handle and deal with high land transactions =P Because at some point, grabs do become aggressive and border on the line of "friendly". I envision a war or two fought over landgrabs.
-Sir Sepher
Old Fogey learning to play again
PDM FTW
For the glory of Camelot

Rockman Game profile

Jan 14th 2013, 19:32:26

Originally posted by SirSepher:
So then a better question to this aspect may be such: At what point does a grab become an aggressive land grab, (aka: fluff move), and how should alliances handle and deal with high land transactions =P Because at some point, grabs do become aggressive and border on the line of "friendly". I envision a war or two fought over landgrabs.

I envisioned this being an issue, so back in May 2011, I outlined a method for LaF to allow grabbing between allies, while still having protections in place against countries who are grabbing to be a fluff, and to protect explorers and stockpiling countries, too.

Unfortunately, LaF doesn't listen to me as much as they should, and I've never campaigned hard enough on a Rockman for Don campaign.

iScode Game profile

Jan 15th 2013, 0:40:27

arent all landgrabs aggressive landgrabs?

i grab with the sole intention of gaining land and making the other guy get fluff all on the retal.

the fact this thread is here is retarded...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Jan 15th 2013, 1:25:10

Originally posted by iScode:
arent all landgrabs aggressive landgrabs?

i grab with the sole intention of gaining land and making the other guy get fluff all on the retal.

the fact this thread is here is retarded...

euglaf Game profile

Jan 15th 2013, 5:54:17

talking about grabbing ethics regarding an unpacted alliance is probably the stupidest thing ever.

if you dont like it, go to war. pretty easy.

tellarion Game profile

Jan 15th 2013, 13:32:21

Originally posted by euglaf:
talking about grabbing ethics regarding an unpacted alliance is probably the stupidest thing ever.

if you dont like it, go to war. pretty easy.

Yes, that was your answer when I tried to talk to you about things, wasn't it?

iScode Game profile

Jan 15th 2013, 19:11:03

well if i was an fa and you came to me with this, you would get the same response, absolutely stupid thread.

When will it end? Next after the grab and retal are done the originally grabbed country will want the military they lost fa'd to them too...

iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Marshal Game profile

Jan 15th 2013, 20:35:54

and money they spent on oil and money/bushels wasted on turns to spy and retal grabber.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

tellarion Game profile

Jan 16th 2013, 7:27:33

well if i was an fa and you came to me with this, you would get the same response, absolutely stupid thread.

When will it end? Next after the grab and retal are done the originally grabbed country will want the military they lost fa'd to them too...

Meh, I don't think it's stupid. Obviously you don't really want to benefit the person you're grabbing. But this guy went so far as to harm his own country just to screw over the other guy a tiny bit more. That's just self destructive..it's like stealing $1000, knowing the other guy is gonna get $400 back, so you throw $100 away just so he gets $350 instead. You both lose $50 bucks for no reason...

locket Game profile

Jan 16th 2013, 8:26:51

You guys have done grabs that have not benefited both sides in similar ways. A commie hitting a techer or farmer and jumping in net? Not that different. Destroying a few buildings early doesn't lose him much in the end. I much preferred the hits I exchanged with a few of the Evo members who were fine with both sides benefiting. I would even build up for them.

Unfortunately just like you are whining here, you have members who were doing things that were purely meant to screw over the other country when they had other targets who would have benefited them more. It goes both ways. Acting like this is a one set issue is ridiculous.

I saw some good will between Evo and Laf countries. I suggest using that to build upon instead of focusing on the douchebaggery going both ways.

Edited By: locket on Jan 16th 2013, 11:03:42
See Original Post

bertz Game profile

Jan 16th 2013, 10:42:15

LOL

Erian Game profile

Jan 16th 2013, 12:29:32

It's pretty obvious when a grab is made in "good faith".

Same strat, hitting a country that has not changed to stockpiling mode, making sure that you are at least 95% of the other country's acreage after the hit, don't destroy buildings unless you build up others etc. Most everything else is douchebaggery and deserves to be sandbagged.

Personally I've tried to be a good sport this reset and generally my targets have gained more land than me. Maybe this is the wrong attitude to bring to a conflict game, but I think it's a good way to foster better relations. On the other hand, if someone tries to mess with me (break the above), I'm happy to sandbag them (only happened once to me this reset, PDM were great sports, as were all but one of Evo).

I guess there are just too many people on both sides who don't really want better relations, och just generally like to screw other people over...

tellarion Game profile

Jan 16th 2013, 13:23:03

Originally posted by locket:
You guys have done grabs that have not benefited both sides in similar ways. A commie hitting a techer or farmer and jumping in net? Not that different. Destroying a few buildings early doesn't lose him much in the end. I much preferred the hits I exchanged with a few of the Evo members who were fine with both sides benefiting. I would even build up for them.

Unfortunately just like you are whining here, you have members who were doing things that were purely meant to screw over the other country when they had other targets who would have benefited them more. It goes both ways. Acting like this is a one set issue is ridiculous.

I saw some good will between Evo and Laf countries. I suggest using that to build upon instead of focusing on the douchebaggery going both ways.

A commie hitting a techer a day after said techer hit 2 all-x rep countries and then jumped to avoid retals is not the same...

And you're right, we've had plenty of good exchanges all set long with some of your members. Unfortunately, they've been in the silent majority, whilst the very very vocal minority continues to sour things. If you want details of what I have offered all set long in order to smooth things over and break the cycle of stupidity, please come find me on irc and I will show you just how willing I have been to work with you guys on issues like these.

locket Game profile

Jan 16th 2013, 20:45:56

The commies hit other techers and other exchanges were made later that were less than favorable but meh. The vocal minority has always been the biggest issue between Laf and Evo.

bertz Game profile

Jan 17th 2013, 3:48:39

Originally posted by locket:
The commies hit other techers and other exchanges were made later that were less than favorable but meh. The vocal minority has always been the biggest issue between Laf and Evo.

LOL

iScode Game profile

Jan 17th 2013, 19:27:49

Originally posted by tellarion:

Meh, I don't think it's stupid. Obviously you don't really want to benefit the person you're grabbing. But this guy went so far as to harm his own country just to screw over the other guy a tiny bit more. That's just self destructive..it's like stealing $1000, knowing the other guy is gonna get $400 back, so you throw $100 away just so he gets $350 instead. You both lose $50 bucks for no reason...

so i get $550 and he looses $650. Yip i would throw away the $100 cause it pisses the other guy off more.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

anoniem Game profile

Jan 17th 2013, 20:12:00

so i get $550 and he looses $650. Yip i would throw away the $100 cause it pisses the other guy off more.

that's because you're an arsehole with fluff all better to do. must be why you ran off to sof.
re(ally)tired

iScode Game profile

Jan 18th 2013, 0:23:28

yip that must be it.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

tellarion Game profile

Jan 18th 2013, 15:31:01

That's what I'm talking about...

Edited By: tellarion on Jan 18th 2013, 15:41:32
See Original Post