Verified:

Trock

Aug 19th 2010, 21:57:45

00:47:27 < ee> PS I R Under Cover (#345) [RAGE] --> sTANd by your TAN (#186) [Paradigm] -- 682A/999A
00:48:17 < ee> PS sTANd by your TAN (#186) [Paradigm] --> I R Under Cover (#345) [RAGE] -- 626A/1049
00:49:36 < ee> SS I R Under Cover (#345) [RAGE] --> sTANd by your TAN (#186) [Paradigm] -- 548A/784A
00:50:07 < ee> SS sTANd by your TAN (#186) [Paradigm] --> I R Under Cover (#345) [RAGE] -- 432A/710A
00:50:25 < ee> SS I R Under Cover (#345) [RAGE] --> sTANd by your TAN (#186) [Paradigm] -- 564A/796A
00:51:12 < ee> SS sTANd by your TAN (#186) [Paradigm] --> I R Under Cover (#345) [RAGE] -- 455A/734A
00:52:20 < ee> SS I R Under Cover (#345) [RAGE] --> sTANd by your TAN (#186) [Paradigm] -- 507A/693A
00:53:10 < ee> SS sTANd by your TAN (#186) [Paradigm] --> I R Under Cover (#345) [RAGE] -- 415A/624A
00:53:22 < ee> SS I R Under Cover (#345) [RAGE] --> sTANd by your TAN (#186) [Paradigm] -- 523A/707A
00:54:44 < ee> SS sTANd by your TAN (#186) [Paradigm] --> I R Under Cover (#345) [RAGE] -- 437A/649A
00:55:08 < ee> SS I R Under Cover (#345) [RAGE] --> sTANd by your TAN (#186) [Paradigm] -- 534A/646A
00:55:23 < ee> SS sTANd by your TAN (#186) [Paradigm] --> I R Under Cover (#345) [RAGE] -- 473A/607A

mrford Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 22:14:54

Land traders!

Fs them fs them!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

snawdog Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 22:21:02

we were both simply enforcing 1:1 retals......
ICQ 364553524
msn

Sifos Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 22:23:13

Gah, why are we in some kind of coalition with those...
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

Detmer Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 22:43:47

Originally posted by Sifos:
Gah, why are we in some kind of coalition with those...

Yes, lets not try anything new ever. I sure would hate to do anything with open minded people!

mrford Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 22:48:35

What are you refering to as being new? Coalitions? Farming for ghost acres?

Because neither of those are new ideas. They are old an arnt around anymore because they usually get beaten into the ground and given up
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Ruthie

Aug 19th 2010, 22:51:51

EEVIL took a lot of fluff for two members doing it in their own tag last reset.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 19th 2010, 23:01:06

PDM is doing sketchy things to gain land which a large chunk of the community doesn't agree with?

That sounds somewhat ironic and perhaps a little hypocritical :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Ruthie

Aug 19th 2010, 23:32:33

lol if you are equating this to the LaF thread issue, its a bit different.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

TAN Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 23:35:22

Ghost acres are a part of the game. We are using a feature of the game for our benefit.

It's not different from combining a Republic government with building only enterprises and residences. Simply just another strategy.

I myself frown upon landtrading, but guess what? If you don't like it, do something about it.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Angel1 Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 23:42:20

I support PDM and Rage in there scheme. I might do it if I weren't so darn lazy.
-Angel1

locket Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 23:49:03

Different and yet the same ruth. Shall we all just self farm now? But yes, I would think that after the crap eevil took people would have realized that perhaps thats simply meant for ffa server.

Devestation Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 23:50:24

It's only bad if it's between countries of the same tag. Thats fapping. This is loving.

locket Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 23:53:43

I see this as no different. Land trading isnt why ghost acres were put back in.

TAN Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 23:57:46

If Pang feels we are abusing the game, he can just remove ghost acres again. Until then, do something about it or stfu.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

locket Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:09:53

Perhaps you should inform the people on the laf threads of your opinion on doing something or shutting up. Or perhaps ill simply keep commenting here

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2010, 0:13:15

This is not an ethical way to gain land.

I remember when EEVIL (or someone like them) tried this and the majority of the community did not support or view this as legit game play.

TAN/PDM you guys know it's not a legit way to gain land and it is an exploit of the game mechanics. This is not how ghost acres were meant to be used. This is the exact reason Mehul took them out of the game and the exact reason why Pang and qz were hesitant to add it back in. Qz even tried to build in a system (CS loss) to deter people from doing this. Do you think this is all a coincidence?

If you're so 'bored' with this game just quit and save us all the fluffing and complaining I see you post every day.

TAN Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:13:41

I've been doing something.

I stopped posting and started retalling. Check your embassy for PDM now.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

TAN Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:15:03

Req, I don't approve of landtrading. I mentioned that above and I've posted this insite.

But I am not running PDM now. Detmer is prez and Drow is VP. Take it up with them.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:16:41

Tan is still mrford minon
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2010, 0:18:44

That's what the /PDM was for ;)

I'm all for thinking outside the box but this is just as bad as NA's market buyouts to boost one country to the top. Is it cheating? Technically not. Is it lame and against earth etiquette? Absolutely.

And BTW Detmer, this is by far not new. People tried to do this back in the Mehul days of earth. So go back to the think tank and come up with something better.

TAN Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:21:03

Req, why don't you stfu and come back to PDM? We miss you. And you could even raise your points insite, and I'll back you up.

I could even change your name back to FUJIFILM for you. ;)
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:22:06

Minion!

And na hasn't done a buyout in a while, hasn't done one on ee that I know of.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Dragonlance Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:24:30

Thefist killed a rage country for trying to intiate land grabbing.

I think i finally see why this game will never take off again.

How someone can look down on this whilst systematically farming small alliances into the ground to me shows the putrid stinking feces that you players have become.

Until such a time as clans actually put in some effort to fix the Land/LG issue i cannot in good faith stop a rage member from taking a route to land that doesn't lead to further degrading of the player base. + that country aint gonna finish top 10.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 20th 2010, 0:28:04

This is pretty low on the offenses scale.

snawdog Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:35:33

I really don't get it..
Does the number of times you attack/get retalled decide what is land trading?
I mean if i get double tapped and follow up with 2 retals today and the same thing tomorrow,is that land trading?
What about the grab hogs that go back to the same countries day in and day out after being retalled and waiting a day?
So is that it?..The number of grabs?
If so, there is ALOT of that going on.
ICQ 364553524
msn

Dragonlance Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:39:06

wow my msg is alot harsher than i originally thought.

sorry bout that:p

Detmer Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:45:55

Originally posted by Requiem:
That's what the /PDM was for ;)

I'm all for thinking outside the box but this is just as bad as NA's market buyouts to boost one country to the top. Is it cheating? Technically not. Is it lame and against earth etiquette? Absolutely.

And BTW Detmer, this is by far not new. People tried to do this back in the Mehul days of earth. So go back to the think tank and come up with something better.

... we have never done this before. It is new. HTH.

joe2 Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 1:11:54

snawdog I think its the timse stamps that make it blatant land trading.

I do quite enjoy PDM trying to push people into doing something about it *I even mentioned to drow that PDM could benefit from growing a pair last set* Keep it up at least it will get you into a fight for a decent reason!

snawdog Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 1:23:16

what about the timestamp?
what about the hard grabber that grabs 6-8 times a day on a two or three day rotation on the same 10 - 12 countries?
So if you grab several a day, knowing that all you are gunna get out of it after retal is ghost acres, is that trading?
ICQ 364553524
msn

archaic Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 1:40:28

This is a lot less agregious IMO than farming a small tag out of existance. If you want to solve this, don't pact these guys, wait a day after they land trade and grab them.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Pain Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 1:53:40

yea i dont see a problem with it. as much as they land trade they can still be grabbed by non pacted alliances, and chances are they dont have much defense.

no matter how you look at it its bringing acres into the game even though someone is using it to gain an unfair advantage.

the way i see it, better them grabing each other then grabbing me :P
Your mother is a nice woman

Detmer Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 1:57:10

Originally posted by Pain:

the way i see it, better them grabing each other then grabbing me :P

Fact!

If this were a large scale thing to gain competitive advantage that would be one thing. This is isolated. We'll see if we do it anymore. I am not promising we will or won't. I definitely don't think this is anything to get one's proverbial panties in a bunch over though.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 20th 2010, 2:06:06

Detmer, you act like this is the first time this has happened and everyone is acting out of character

whenever ANYONE does organized or internal farming, people make posts about it generally denouncing it

when MD did it before, it was the community that brought it to Mehul's attention to get it changed in e2025.

As admins of EE, we already made changes to the system to cut down on the ability to abuse it, so this seems more like a political issue right now. If we think it's upsetting balance (like we felt it was last set and those before it) we will continue to make changes.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2010, 2:09:56

Where do you draw the line Detmer?

Slippery slope there!

You can't honestly tell me its a legit way to play. And if its not to get an advantage why don't you just explore? The whole reason you would want to do this is because it gains land faster than exploring thus giving you an advantage over someone who is all-x, for example.

It's easy to see its not large scale... Yet. But once you go down that road it's much easier to go back.

Also just because you've never done something before doesn't mean it's new. The fluff is getting quite deep around here!

Detmer Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 2:18:21

Originally posted by Pang:
Detmer, you act like this is the first time this has happened and everyone is acting out of character

whenever ANYONE does organized or internal farming, people make posts about it generally denouncing it

when MD did it before, it was the community that brought it to Mehul's attention to get it changed in e2025.

As admins of EE, we already made changes to the system to cut down on the ability to abuse it, so this seems more like a political issue right now. If we think it's upsetting balance (like we felt it was last set and those before it) we will continue to make changes.

Pang, I don't recall two tags doing this before. I recall previous outrage was over internal issues.

If this is not something the admins want in the game they can make a public statement, they can impose rules, they can alter the game mechanics. I don't think you can expect people not to try something that is not outlawed. Or are we the only ones who aren't supposed to see the losses and gains (I realize not everyone has done this, but enough have that I only think it is fair that we have the data)

Requiem - do you not know how the word "new" is used in the English language? If you go to Baskin Robbins and someone tells you to try something new, that doesn't mean you are the first one to have ever tasted it.

And I am not drawing a line. I don't answer to you or anyone other than the members of PDM. (or the game admins when it comes to rules)

And it is a legit way to play. It is using an existing game mechanism that is not in violation of any rule. Just cause you don't like it doesn't make it illegitimate. Just because it is very unpopular does not make it illegitimate.

I am aware of how much other people have done it and I am aware of the response to their behavior. I have seen statements from other alliances on their intended reaction to doing this large scale. Crying over one time just seems childish to me.

I am pretty sure it was Omega =P

Mr. Lime Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 2:24:58

i see...when 2 RD members do it the whole server rush's to condem it....but non RD are just given a slap on the wrist

i gotcha

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2010, 2:26:03

[quote poster=Detmer]
Requiem - do you not know how the word "new" is used in the English language? If you go to Baskin Robbins and someone tells you to try something new, that doesn't mean you are the first one to have ever tasted it.

And I am not drawing a line. I don't answer to you or anyone other than the members of PDM. (or the game admins when it comes to rules)

And it is a legit way to play. It is using an existing game mechanism that is not in violation of any rule. Just cause you don't like it doesn't make it illegitimate. Just because it is very unpopular does not make it illegitimate.

I am aware of how much other people have done it and I am aware of the response to their behavior. I have seen statements from other alliances on their intended reaction to doing this large scale. Crying over one time just seems childish to me.

You're a complete moron. Logic is lost with you. Have a swirvy day... Errr Pangy day!

locket Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 2:37:47

as much as your whining is ammusing at least I am still yelling lime :P and detmer the same can be said about anything landgrab related so perhaps you and others could stop complaining about the few laffers that do landgrab if you want to pull this.

And detmer, the number of tags dosn't make a difference in whether it is landtrading and against the ethics and intentions of ghost acres. But keep lying to yourself

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 2:39:37

Self farming is like masturbation.

You know the rest...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

locket Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 2:41:20

everyone does it? uhh some people need two hands? socially unacceptable to do it in large groups?

Pain Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 2:42:07

youll go blind if you do it too much?

fluff i quit FFA then
Your mother is a nice woman

Detmer Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 2:44:36

[quote poster=Requiem]
Originally posted by Detmer:

You're a complete moron. Logic is lost with you. Have a swirvy day... Errr Pangy day!

So far I have an answer for everything you have said and you resort to flames. I think you are the one lacking logic.

locket, what are the intentions of ghost acres? I think they are implicitly known but if they have been explicitly stated I seem to have missed it. I will need a direct admin statement saying not to do it before I stop considering it as a possibility.

And NukEvil... that seems like an argument for self farming...

locket Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 2:48:00

your answers to his comments aren't right though :P the fact you have an answer means nothing. And do you really have to play dumb? You know why ghost acres were removed, and they were added in with the goal of creating land through landgrabbing. They have gone to trouble to nerf landtrading while keeping ghost acres, and yet you try to claim you see no intent to avoid abuse? funny.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 2:51:43

Originally posted by locket:
your answers to his comments aren't right though :P the fact you have an answer means nothing. And do you really have to play dumb? You know why ghost acres were removed, and they were added in with the goal of creating land through landgrabbing. They have gone to trouble to nerf landtrading while keeping ghost acres, and yet you try to claim you see no intent to avoid abuse? funny.

Stating my answers are wrong without justification... how ironic... my answers are completely legitimate, and like Requiem you have nothing to the contrary. Saying that we didn't try something new is completely idiotic... we have never done this before... that means we are trying something new.

And nerfing it just means they thought it was too powerful before, not that it shouldn't be used. Maybe you're a mind reader and know the admin's inner-most thoughts. I don't. If it isn't outlawed I am willing to try it once.

Jelly

Aug 20th 2010, 2:54:45

Watch llaar do it next set and break more records.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 2:55:32

I am not arguing for or against self farming. I'm merely making a post on a thread, in the hopes people will respond to it.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

locket Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 2:55:37

They made the changes because they didnt want fluffing landtraders. They have made that pretty clear but hey... perhaps you lack reading comprehension. And just because something is new to you dosn't mean it is you. If you create a boxlike thing which uses the internet today it might seem new but its been around for years. And people use them today to make deluded statements that they try to convince others they actually believe.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 2:56:14

Originally posted by NukEvil:

I am not arguing for or against self farming. I'm merely making a post on a thread, in the hopes people will respond to it.

I am glad I can help!

Jelly

Aug 20th 2010, 3:04:27

If two alliances that aren't allied and land trades, it's called RoR and all is well and no one gives a damn other then the two alliances involved and usually would end up with someone dead

When two coalition alliacrd
Land trades. It is fishy as fluff