Verified:

Makolyte Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 14:40:16

The UN has done nothing and will do nothing about it. On the Security Council Russia and China have vetoed everything having to do with Syria. So don't count on the UN taking action. That's ok though, their primary purpose is to contain wars, not to invade and punish sovereign nations.

The US has already said that Syria used chemical weapons, and will not wait for the UN's fluffy investigation to conclude. If we feel like pissing everyone off we'll go in unilaterally. I really doubt that will happen. We're waiting for other NATO nations to OK the strike. The UK is voting next week about it.

Most likely the strikes will be carried out by NATO sometime next week. Whether this is the right thing to do or not is a very difficult question. This is a complex situation with several state and non-state actors involved. One things for sure, i'm glad to see the US Govt showing restraint, and actually thinking before taking action.
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior

Rufus Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 14:41:09

Originally posted by SakitSaPuwit:
been out of the U.S. for 2 years, so help me a little since this gets little news coverage here, Obama wants to attack somebody because they might have used chem weapons (WMD) but the people they used them on want to be Al-Qaeda? but neither group actually attacked America?

I'm so confused

Yeah, you're pretty much on the money. You however forget the part when Barrack won a Nobel peace prize, also when he blasted Bush for doing the same in Iraq and Afghanistan....
I am John Galt.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 14:43:15

i honestly don't know.
How many wars are the U.S. involved with at the moment?
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

devilpup Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 14:47:22

Originally posted by Atryn:
Originally posted by Darakna:
Either way could be a potential deployment to Syria maybe.... One of my seccos is a lil too excited for that potential!

Anyone in the military who is "excited" at the prospect of entering a conflict and "getting to kill people" should be barred from service.

Now, if they are "excited" because they believe we are overdue in protecting innocent people from harm, I might disagree with them but wouldn't disqualify them from service.

One of my main biases against people in the military is based on the few I have met who actually enjoyed killing people and went into the military so they could have the opportunity to do it legally.

I met one such sicko in the Marines who was particularly enamored with the Vietnam stories of making necklaces from the ears of his victims. He thought that would be awesome and couldn't wait to be deployed. I keep hoping our psych exams screen these people out now... but then we end up with the random village massacre in Afghanistan, so who knows.

I was in the marine infantry from 07-11. When you're in a military force that has been at war as long as the American military has you're treated like a brand new boot until you have a deployment under your belt regardless of how long you may have been in service. So new guys are not only ready to deploy, most of them can't wait. I'm not saying this is a good thing but it is an unfortunate truth. I can't speak for what it's like for other military occupations, but from what I've seen their new guys get treated much better than fresh marines coming from infantry training.
"If I'm standing on it, it's America"-Action Figure Therapy

Makolyte Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 14:48:57

i honestly don't know.
How many wars are the U.S. involved with at the moment?

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/...t-it-publicly-admits.html

Rufus Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 14:55:33

Dude, there are a little over 200 countries in the entire world, are you saying that USA is at war with at least of a third of them? Really?
I am John Galt.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 14:57:41

but still can't come up with a excuse to invade Canada?
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2013, 16:25:32

Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Makolyte Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 16:36:16

but still can't come up with a excuse to invade Canada?

I agree. It's bullfluff that we haven't invaded Canada. God, let's just annex them hosers and be done with it.

Nekked Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 17:33:54

My appoval rating is in the crapper, scandals all over the place, what should I do now, I know start a war. Wag the dog.

Rufus Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 17:56:00

Then go golfing. Yup, that pretty much sums the strategy...
I am John Galt.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2013, 19:20:35

Lol if you think this kind of war is about approval ratings and not way bigger political forces.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

archaic Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 20:00:55

the tinfoil is strong in the Syria thread
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

iScode Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 20:19:02

Originally posted by Nekked:
My appoval rating is in the crapper, scandals all over the place, what should I do now, I know start a war. Wag the dog.

Thats even more retarded than the comments I made...

Im guessing your a republican.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Nekked Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 22:17:52

Sorry not part of the up two, just tried of being lied to by the powers to be and they're moral high ground!