kasana

Dec 11th 2010, 2:15:18

i can't do simple arithmetic :(
[/turtle]

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 11th 2010, 4:52:59

Most of the bonuses are not as good as straight up extra turns =/

It seems like you guys spent a bit of time on this, but once the bonus turn option is gone, I feel like the strategy will be trying to figure out which bonuses are not as bad as others for your country.

oats Game profile

Dec 11th 2010, 14:06:48

You won't be able to compare against bonus turns. That will be the new reality. Therefore bonuses will only be seen as positive unless you continue to live in the past.

Timing of use will be the strategy.

Helmet Game profile

Dec 11th 2010, 19:37:34

yeah, some of them are obviously no good. Like the 2 turns for 15% food production. So you give up 2 turns for 1.5 more turns of production? hehe

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 11th 2010, 20:03:04

Well, specifically the progression of the levels seems to get worse. The next food bonus is 4 turns for 120% production, so you give up more points than it's worth. I can't imagine that the progression is meant to reward players who don't specialize, so hopefully this is something that will be worked out.

Otherwise, they should leave all the production specific bonuses as their original 1 pt version that you can use over and over.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 12th 2010, 10:54:45

i agree with Tertius.. either make the progression so that it rewards for using the same bonus or keep the production specific ones at lvl 1.

as it is, i can see how these bonus points will help starting up countries and ease you off them once you top out at lvl 3. and they will still help you at lvl 3.. just not as much as at lvl 1 =/ so i can kinda see what Pang's done in regards to making it so that the higher powered bonuses are normally used in the beginning for that extra cash and then lower powered ones just give you a bit of an extra edge once you're built up. So, if you keep it the way it is, i guess i'd understand. just seems a bit funny to give higher results(per point) at a lower level.

also, Pang also said that there would be other ways to gain bonus points, so we might not be stuck with the normal 8 points a day.

my personal favorite bonus(which i think is severely bugged) is the one that gives you -150% Expenses. i mean.. it gives you free cash for 10 turns! there's no way it's supposed to work like that :-)
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 13th 2010, 2:26:28

don't compare things to the 2 turn bonus, because that isn't the intention of these bonuses.

doing that is beyond pointless in terms of discussing the bonuses going forward.

I'm debating removing the 2 turn bonus earlier because that seems to be what most of the complaints are actually about.

also, as another thought -> these are meant to be STRATEGIC BONUSES, not just something you make sure you ALWAYS have active whenever you run any turns.

think of it more like player buffs in RPG games... you get a buff and it's not going to make you super invincible, it may give you +5% armor.... but that's an extra 5% you didn't have before :p

Edited By: Pang on Dec 13th 2010, 2:31:58
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

dantzig Game profile

Dec 13th 2010, 15:56:49

I don't think comparing the bonuses to the 2 turns is pointless. We've already determined that some of the bonuses can be better than the 2 turns: namely the exploration, production, attack power, and decreased expenses bonuses. The building cost bonus might also be better than 2 turns if used correctly since it works on batch building over 10 turns.

The 2 turns is a safe way to go if you're unsure of how to use the other bonuses but is not always the optimal choice.
FoG

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 13th 2010, 19:25:37

What about for farmers, though? Regardless of comparison with two turns, the progression definitely gets a lot worse. I can't imagine that was the intention.

dantzig Game profile

Dec 13th 2010, 19:33:20

FoG

Helmet Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 13:49:01

Did something change with the explore bonus? It doesn't seem like I got the 20% bonus on my entire batch that I just did yesterday.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 20th 2010, 17:57:34

it's working fine, I tested it out during my last batch explore on Alliance.

The estimated acres per turn you see on the explore page INCLUDES the bonus, btw!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Helmet Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 19:23:59

Ok, thanks.

You're right. I went back and checked the math. I blame martian!

martian
President
President
16:33 12/13/10
Delete
the batch thing doesn't work anymore, they caught and fixed that.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Dec 28th 2010, 8:50:40

how dare you guys change the exspence bonus to only -50% ! lol

I was looking foward to my -150% being applied to my -25 mil a turn ;)
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

lincoln

Dec 28th 2010, 22:55:18

i wante to follow up on one of dantzig's suggestions on the express forum

since the express spies have been castrated and are essentially pointless
why not restore them with an extra spy ops bonus option?

that way at least spies are not a completely foolish expenditure
on express
FoG

SaRaveok Game profile

Dec 30th 2010, 5:41:36

so no more doing a 142 Turn batch explore?
General of The Fallen
---------------------------
MSN:
IRC: #thefallen on Gamesurge

Application For The Fallen: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?appID=1142

jedioda Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 13:25:01

Please, is it possible to have the progression table for every bonus.
... and Happy new earthempire year to everybody

jedioda Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 13:40:40

koonfasa

Jan 21st 2011, 12:23:36

Wanted to say, this is quite neat, I can see it taking a whole new spin on strats. Especially if there was no time limit.

Although everything isn't powerful enough for all that effort. Except the two turns. Getting 126(120)16(with 8 to come) is kinda fun.

Click ads to buy stimpacks. They should be strong enough to let players make a breakaway from others. If the scores can get higher within the 2 month sets, target sizes will start limiting who we can hit. Force clans to find civilised ways to grab each other abit more, rather than the land:land or what ever it is.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 21:18:17

land:land is used (besides pdm) only if attack is topfeed and definition of topfeed varies on different alliances.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

koonfasa

Jan 27th 2011, 12:54:30

I'd still like to see country:country given a shot. How'd that get argued out?

Anyway, wouldn't this game be more interesting if the bonuses were more powerful? We're all clicking them, coz we're ranked third. Although I do wonder who really checks those sites, and the other games out. I wonder what first and second are like. They look more popular...

Make it give us 3 turns a point, that can be stored for a week, or plus 50% for a longer duration. Rather than gimmicks, make them tools. I like the idea of options to tweak your turns depending what you need to do. If it's just the netting bonuses, all that does is spread out all the players both across strats and within the strat (which is what I think needs to happen, but more so).

I like population growth the best, after the turns of course, but it barely helps. Most powerful one is prolly the -10% expenses, but I wouldn't know. I don't play theos.

Edited By: koonfasa on Jan 27th 2011, 13:02:24
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 23:01:24

c:c retalling gets shot down by netters who don't want to spend 100s of millions on jets and oil and then not getting land back and not getting money back on jets and oil and several other reasons.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2011, 8:16:14

PDM has a retal policy that encourages C:C by having L:L only if the defender takes it.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 29th 2011, 1:06:28

yea but prob is l:l which doesn't encourage grabbing.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2011, 1:11:34

But it's L:L not including ghost acres, everyone gains.

nicholas Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 5:18:18

spamming for free points

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 28th 2011, 1:54:58

It ran a half hour late but it appears to have worked.