Verified:

allbymyself87 Game profile

Nov 21st 2021, 14:49:35

Based on Announcements board, the last announcement made by a game developer was by Slagpit in May 2021 and seems like there's no more new announcement being made since then.

Therefore, if there's no more active game developer around, then, is it possible for the mods (or anyone that knows how to contact QZ) to request QZ to promote Celphi as Game Developer?

I believe there are multiple bugs stacked up in this forum and yet there is no active developer around to look into them.
It's kind of frustrating and disappointing when players report valid bugs and yet no one is around to fix them.

Therefore, since Celphi knows tons of coding and he shows interests in helping out as game developer to fix those bugs, then, can someone requests QZ to promote him into game developer to help out?

I know it's a dying game, but at least if we can have an active Game Developer around to fix bugs and maybe bring in new changes from time to time, then maybe it can make players feel that there is hope for this game to survive somehow. >_>

Symbolic Game profile

Nov 21st 2021, 15:18:19

Hes got my vote and is always welcome in Mercs.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2021, 15:25:16

I support Celphi for this

SuperFly Game profile

Nov 21st 2021, 16:02:16

I’d recommend him for the job.
Benefits are non existent, it’s an unpaid internship and we don’t even have office supplies that he can steal but it’s a rewarding opportunity:p

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2021, 16:31:17

+1

Celphi has my support.

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Nov 21st 2021, 16:52:59

Plus 1 for celphi
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2021, 17:12:01

Hi I'm Celphi & I approve this msg. Let's assimilate some of these bugs!
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 21st 2021, 18:13:27

Your suggestion has been passed along to the appropriate group of people.

g0nz0 Game profile

Nov 21st 2021, 18:36:52

Originally posted by Slagpit:

Please allow 5-7 weeks for processing and delivery

lol@u guys thinking developers want to cede power to a player who brags about the ability to crash it all if he's on his menses. Maybe leaving out that "I be flexin on yo dumb asses, learn to code ni**@s!"

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2021, 19:32:51

Unleash the borg!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2021, 22:40:19

@Gonzo you definitely have a valid point. I definitely have no interest in helping with bugs if everyone - i mean everyone - wants me to. I'm perfectly fine with leaving it as is.

Nov 22nd 2021, 0:41:02

Originally posted by g0nz0:

lol@u guys thinking developers want to cede power to a player who brags about the ability to crash it all if he's on his menses. Maybe leaving out that "I be flexin on yo dumb asses, learn to code ni**@s!"

With no active game developer around, I see no harm for someone who knows coding to give it a try.
If you have better suggestion, then feel free to propose. :)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2021, 0:52:54

Originally posted by allbymyself87:

With no active game developer around, I see no harm for someone who knows coding to give it a try.
If you have better suggestion, then feel free to propose. :)

That's the thing that makes your point even more valid, people now a days especially on the internet are very quick to shoot down ideas and do not offer an alternative solution 🤷‍♂️
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2021, 0:58:15

+10 for KoH

Just read the B&S board; it's a 'lets poo poo everyone's idea' board.

The biggest offenders should be banned from posting there, they offer nothing and discourage people from throwing out ideas. No idea is a bad idea btw; the game staff will decide if it's worth doing or not.

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2021, 1:47:21

slag posting
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 24th 2021, 21:12:21

slag blocking
(•_•)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 28th 2021, 13:31:27

I spoke with QZ. Ultimately he wanted me to work with the bot code first before working with fixing bugs. It's his game so you have to respect his wishes.

Ultimately I have no desire with messing with the game mechanics (that includes bot code). Let's be frank, this game is built on nostalgia. The more you deviate from the game of old the less desirable it is to play.

SuperFly Game profile

Nov 28th 2021, 15:14:02

So you are saying that you decline the position based on the compensation package not being good enough for you right?

I told you guys we gotta offer Celphi full dental and 401k. But alas no one is paying to play here so we can’t complain as we aren’t funding this game

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 28th 2021, 21:00:57

Originally posted by Celphi:
I spoke with QZ. Ultimately he wanted me to work with the bot code first before working with fixing bugs. It's his game so you have to respect his wishes.

Ultimately I have no desire with messing with the game mechanics (that includes bot code). Let's be frank, this game is built on nostalgia. The more you deviate from the game of old the less desirable it is to play.

That's understandable, you offered a finger but they want your entire arm :-(
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 28th 2021, 23:16:46

Celphi – it's already deviated a long way from the old game. The fact that people break 1b NW every set is a sign that something has majorly changed. I'm not saying this is bad (or good), but the deviation is already there no matter how we look at it.

I doubt we can get back to the original now.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 28th 2021, 23:29:37

All that to say, what can we do now to make this version fun to play? Right now, my opinion is that it is too repetitive and easy. If someone like Galleri can get a top 10 with no FA, there is something wrong.

Now, this is not a slight against Galleri. She admits to sucking all the time.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 28th 2021, 23:33:50

Originally posted by Requiem:
All that to say, what can we do now to make this version fun to play? Right now, my opinion is that it is too repetitive and easy. If someone like Galleri can get a top 10 with no FA, there is something wrong.

Now, this is not a slight against Galleri. She admits to sucking all the time.

:(
Pick on galleri week in ee.
I missed the notice on this one.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 29th 2021, 1:10:12

That's why I qualified my statement!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 29th 2021, 2:02:53

lmao @ thread.

poor galleri

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 29th 2021, 4:37:07

I got a top 10 with no FA too... Som Tin Wong!
(•_•)

Nov 29th 2021, 13:29:23

so...
just let the game dies? =/

g0nz0 Game profile

Nov 29th 2021, 13:37:44

What's wrong with the bots? As I understood the crash a few sets back was an expired certificate.

Edit: Reflecting the crashed eestats was the certificate. I didn't read all the posts, but maybe they tied together somehow.

Edited By: g0nz0 on Nov 29th 2021, 13:39:56
See Original Post

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 29th 2021, 15:24:41

The certs are easy to fix.
 certbot renew 

g0nz0 Game profile

Nov 29th 2021, 18:02:37

[quote poster=Celphi; 50522; 985628]The certs are easy to fix.
 certbot renew 
[/quote]

If I were a bot, and I had some missiles, how would you program me to launch automatically at a country that hits me? 1 for 1.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 29th 2021, 19:52:58

That's easy....

/fluff you g0nz0 [send nuke]>>>>>[to g0nz0]>>>>>>/boom!
(•_•)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 30th 2021, 21:23:20

@Gonzo:
There's lots of ways.

Probably the easiest would be to have an attack history table that stores all attacks made on bots.

CREATE TABLE bot_defend_history (
id int AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY
, attacker int
, defender int
, retal tiny int default 0);

ALTER TABLE bot_defend_history ADD INDEX (attacker);
ALTER TABLE bot_defend_history ADD INDEX (defender);
ALTER TABLE bot_defend_history ADD INDEX (retal);

Then whenever bots logged in they'd check history for when they were hit and had a retal value of 0.

$sql = "SELECT * FROM bot_defend_history WHERE defender = ? AND retal = 0";
$pdo->prepare($sql);
$results = $pdo->execute([$bot_number]);

if (count($results) === 0) return;

$retal_made = [];
foreach ($results as $result)
{
if (send_attack($result['attacker'], 'missile'))
{
$retal_made[] = $result['id'];
}
}

Then you'd update the history table of countries you shot a missile at.

if (count($retal_made) === 0) return;
$sql = "UPDATE bot_defend_history SET retal = 1 WHERE id IN ('" . implode("'","'", $retal_made) . "')";
$pdo->query($sql);

This is the procedural approach.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 30th 2021, 21:26:04

Of course you'd want to truncate this table every set. ^

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2021, 14:40:01

I don't think people can handle bots attacking back in any way. KoH already complains about earthquakes!

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2021, 15:21:41

Here's an idea, program the bots to attack suiciders.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Dec 1st 2021, 16:16:38

Originally posted by Getafix:

But then what would constitute a serious suicider? That is a wide open question.

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2021, 16:17:02

That would require defining what a suicider is. Which would be a problem,

ie 5 attacks equals suicider

then the suicider would just do 4 attacks.

The only way to possibly achieve this is via machine learning.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2021, 16:54:11

We could form a committee or have a poll of clan leaders. We could start with "Hungry". I think there is common agreement by the main clans about who the suiciders are. The various clans often join together to kill them.

It would be fun to watch the bots join forces for a killrun!

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 1st 2021, 17:37:08

The bots would Target whomever attacks them. And only 1 for 1. Suiciders are for the mods. They are always on top of that. No worries.

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 1st 2021, 17:41:40

Of course you'd want to truncate this table every set. ^

Maybe limit the attack to immediate retal. If it has a turn and missile it sends. No missile no response.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2021, 21:35:12

@Gonzo

Then yeah the code i have above can do that. Just minor tweak.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2021, 21:36:25

But then players would just disarm their missiles then do what the'yre already doing now.

Or they'd invest in SDI.

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 1st 2021, 22:20:51

But then players would just disarm their missiles then do what the'yre already doing now.

Or they'd invest in SDI.

That's what makes us better than the Machine. We have a choice. Freedom. I'll take my chances. Make sure it's random.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2021, 23:02:55

@Gonzo-

but im not coding bot code. :/

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2021, 23:05:06

if they want to improve bots, then they should allow us to make our own bots and play them ingame. 1 per server of course.

instead we have to post code that everyone can see and exploit. pointless.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2021, 1:43:52

I'd play a bot on alliance if it were allowed.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 2nd 2021, 8:21:16

The bot code is public and you can make your own pulls and push your own code there. Someone will just have to see it and test that it works on the other end.
You also should be able to run your own bot code on the AI server. I have in the past but years ago, I assume it still works similarly.

I have not seen the new code(running in Express) posted but the old bot code (which is running the FFA/1a bots as we speak) is here;
https://github.com/jhaagsma/ee_npc

If you want to actually contribute with bot code improvements that has always been possible for ANY user with the know how. I'm useless at coding php so all I've ever done is tweak numbers and ask for fixes to problems I can't solve myself.

The express bots are far better at playing the game and not misbalancing the game. I know some people complained that the only strat that ever wins express is Techer. Well since the bots have been changed early this spring indy, farmer, casher and techer has all won, with techer together with casher being slightly weaker than indy/farmer.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2021, 11:00:06

@Gerdler

To your last comment. Just because those list of classes have won doesnt mean it's balanced.

Contributing to bot code is pointless for the very reason it's open source. Any player can see how they run and exploit them.

If I were to code bots, it would be impossible to beat them., because i'd use machine learning., and so there wouldnt be any hard coded decision making.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2021, 14:21:40

They should be reaching out to universities to see if any of them want to have an exercise in developing decision making etc. Get a ton of free coders to contribute!

For something like this more diversity is good.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2021, 16:14:09

And Celphi if you put a repo together to do some ML bots id like to contribute. ML is something I haven't ventured into yet.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Dec 2nd 2021, 22:26:54

The bots would Target whomever attacks them. And only 1 for 1. Suiciders are for the mods. They are always on top of that. No worries.

For some reason g0nz0 still has this dreamfest in his head that mods delete and deal with suiciders. No matter how many times anyone tells him otherwise......