Verified:

Tmac Game profile

Feb 5th 2021, 16:34:00

A net tag couldn't be hit. They could have non-harmful spy ops done on them, and they could do the same. They could still hit bots, but no real player. This would also completely eliminate mistypes on real players. Netters only hit bots so all it would do for them is allow them to compete with their peers every set without the possibility of someone deciding to take you out.

A war tag could do anything to anyone not in a net tag. They could still have their wars. They couldn't blindside a net tag, but I haven't seen any established alliance do that since I've been back. An alliance could also make two tags if they wanted. One for net, and one for war.

This would eliminate the suiciding of netters which occur every set. The war tags kill off these suiciders which says they're against it as well. I don't see any downside for anyone except suiciders. They could still fight with a netter, just not when they're in a net tag. There's solo servers where you can fight on an even playing field.

I figured I'd give my 2 cents. I know others have had more in depth conversations on this topic. This is just a simple idea that I think would be good.

Edited By: Slagpit on Mar 3rd 2021, 17:11:05
See Original Post

BlueCow

Feb 5th 2021, 16:38:09

Really good idea!
Slagpit
Mar 31st 2024, 15:13:02

If you sincerely believe that the game admins are lying to you then you should obviously quit the game.

DruncK Game profile

Feb 5th 2021, 17:17:15

Wars are fought for a reason, if they implement this it's just gonna drive people away even faster

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2021, 17:43:22

Originally posted by DruncK:
Wars are fought for a reason, if they implement this it's just gonna drive people away even faster

Yeah I agree, we need a different approach to deal with suiciders if that's really the main concern.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Chevs

Feb 5th 2021, 20:07:43

I love this idea too
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 5th 2021, 20:54:00

Yep I like it too! Been pushing this for 3 years. :)

I hope something similar is in the works!

Tmac Game profile

Feb 5th 2021, 21:52:48

For the ones that don't like it can I hear some reasoning? Genuine question. How would it drive people away? I think suiciders would still play, they would just be netting or warring now. Everyone already decides before the set starts whether they're going to war or net.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2021, 22:31:37

Originally posted by Tmac:
For the ones that don't like it can I hear some reasoning? Genuine question. How would it drive people away? I think suiciders would still play, they would just be netting or warring now. Everyone already decides before the set starts whether they're going to war or net.

It's not that I don't like it in my case, what's the point in having alliances if you're going to erase diplomacy? What's the end game here? Just make a server for all these people that don't want to war and have it where the war room is disabled.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Tmac Game profile

Feb 6th 2021, 0:22:20

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

It's not that I don't like it in my case, what's the point in having alliances if you're going to erase diplomacy? What's the end game here? Just make a server for all these people that don't want to war and have it where the war room is disabled.

No, we'd all still be on the same server and you could choose whether to net or war. Since I've been back I haven't seen any alliance attack netting tags. Netting tags just get suicided. Netting tags stick to hitting bots now, how does a conflict even start? I guess if someone detags and suicides, but this idea eliminates suiciding. I wouldn't be for this idea back in the day when you only hit real people, but this game is much different now. You net by farming bots, and hoping someone doesn't decide to hit you unprovoked. Alliances would still be relevant because you would still compete to be the best at war or net, maybe both!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2021, 0:30:12

No, we'd all still be on the same server and you could choose whether to net or war. Since I've been back I haven't seen any alliance attack netting tags. Netting tags just get suicided. Netting tags stick to hitting bots now, how does a conflict even start? I guess if someone detags and suicides, but this idea eliminates suiciding. I wouldn't be for this idea back in the day when you only hit real people, but this game is much different now. You net by farming bots, and hoping someone doesn't decide to hit you unprovoked. Alliances would still be relevant because you would still compete to be the best at war or net, maybe both!

Alliances make their own history and many times drag grudges, sometimes the alliance itself isn't targeted until someone who plays there pisses off someone who decides to suicide at the entire tag, this as old as earth2025, it won't go away anytime soon unfortunately, and I doubt having tag designations will stop that unless you disabled the war functions.
(•_•)

Tmac Game profile

Feb 6th 2021, 0:44:13

Alliances make their own history and many times drag grudges, sometimes the alliance itself isn't targeted until someone who plays there pisses off someone who decides to suicide at the entire tag, this as old as earth2025, it won't go away anytime soon unfortunately, and I doubt having tag designations will stop that unless you disabled the war functions.

But it would disable the war functions if the country number input was in a netting tag.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2021, 1:14:58

But it would disable the war functions if the country number input was in a netting tag.

I don't know if that's even programmable within the same server.
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 6th 2021, 1:19:50

They can do anything they think is useful.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2021, 1:33:03

Like building a shield around certain tags? That's what I'm understanding...
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 6th 2021, 1:49:47

If they think that is helpful to the game they can do that.

They can make it so I have 10 times the production of food/military/tech/cash/oil than all other players as well. I don't think they will, but if you think it would be good for the game you can always suggest it. :)

Prime

Feb 6th 2021, 1:55:42

Countries in tags that select that option for the round could also have the "War Room" replaced with "Crops Room" or "The Barn". Similar setup but comes with Planters, tractors, Cultivators, Combines.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 6th 2021, 1:58:55

Originally posted by Prime:
Countries in tags that select that option for the round could also have the "War Room" replaced with "Crops Room" or "The Barn". Similar setup but comes with Planters, tractors, Cultivators, Combines.

If this still exists..... let me start and let's be friends!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2021, 2:19:49

LOL and when you want to take land from others you use bulldozers and peasants?
(•_•)

Prime

Feb 6th 2021, 3:02:34

LOL and when you want to take land from others you use bulldozers and peasants?

Taking anything from other players is not allowed and you should be publicly shamed. Perhaps a new list in the Leaderboards section to identify all the players that interact ingame with other players without asking their permission first. I have a Mehul-given right to my land, sir.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 6th 2021, 3:10:06

Working hard to derail the thread I see Prime. If you worked half as hard to investigate reported cheaters maybe this thread and similar suggestions would have far less support. :)

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 6th 2021, 3:18:26

Let's keep it civil.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2021, 3:32:40

I still think the war changes thread down a ways is still the best way forward.

Sui posted some good ideas on the 1a forum, weve discussed clan GDI etc.

While prime is probably still mad he cant topfeed netters anymore, I think he's probably an anomaly. Even war people these days believe the best way forward isnt with half the server getting wrecked by suicides.

I've been playing FFA for about 5 years now and have been actually suicided in every single set without fail. It's a little taxing to keep investing time and money into a game who's reward is seeing my country ruined by some guy who is mad he got banned for calling me a pedophile, or in several instances, someone who eventually gets deleted for cheating.

And just knowing that I'm probably going to continue getting suicided there for homophobic reasons is just like meh. Why bother?

Edited By: DerrickICN on Feb 6th 2021, 3:34:44
See Original Post

Tmac Game profile

Feb 6th 2021, 3:53:10

5 to 3 in support of netters being able to play a full set. Good stuff, more opinions please =)

Dark Demon Game profile

Game Moderator
EE Patron
Express

Feb 6th 2021, 4:13:28

Nah
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 6th 2021, 4:15:11

I'm closing this because the thread I just created supersedes it. If you have comments on this topic you can leave them here: https://www.earthempires.com/...gdi-on-clan-servers-49768