Verified:

braden Game profile

Dec 19th 2013, 7:07:20

the first turn you take away from your tech start, makes you a tech leecher and should never be allowed to play the game again, on any server. because of cheating.

h2orich Game profile

Dec 19th 2013, 7:36:00

Well, then people have to accept the tech pact right from the start, tech start for 360 turns then break pact before you play your 361th turn.

Or you can accept your tech pact, tech your turns and wait for 24 hours before running your 361th turn.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 19th 2013, 7:50:34

I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2013, 7:51:03

they are my heroes too galleri
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

silentwolf Game profile

Dec 19th 2013, 8:09:41

damn it .. I cant see the damn videos !

stupid china govt!

braden Game profile

Dec 19th 2013, 8:11:54

whichever one gets you not deleted for cheating, h2.

or, like the rest of us, you can simply not run with tech allies. hopefully they will be entirely removed from the server. you can not ask for a tech pact, without the two of you coordinating your play.

by asking for an ally, you are coordinating your two plays. if you accept, you are coordinating between two players. you should be deleted immediately for rules violations and never be allowed to play again.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2013, 8:16:32

i actually understand what you're getting at but it seems to be fueled by bitterness, and that usually comes out when you drink heh.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

braden Game profile

Dec 19th 2013, 8:19:04

no, at this stage it all blurs together. the bitterness and the drinking are no longer mutually inclusive, now i suppose i would be a just be a bitter little drunk

where's dibs when you need somebody to understand? :P

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 19th 2013, 8:20:36

I took 5 benedryls and 2 melatonins... I am getting your point! I think?
Want another rap video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYAEHE2GrM

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

silentwolf Game profile

Dec 19th 2013, 8:30:40

nooooo moore youtubes please... spare this poor little fella that's stuck in china !

tellarion Game profile

Dec 19th 2013, 14:59:50

Originally posted by blid:
Heh. If you guys want me to report leeches in game I can do so, I just didn't think that was the kind of report anyone wanted to see. And also, even if the mods don't mind seeing me report that, should I expect them to do anything? Because if not, it's still a problem to address.

Report things that you think violate the rules, and let us decide. As of now, leeching is NOT against the rules, hence my reversal of the deletion last set.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2013, 15:19:34

Yeah, that's what I thought. So I wouldn't report it. Instead I would have to attack that person or petition for changes to RAs.

If someone foolishly admits to giving up free tech on purpose to help another player, is that collaboration?

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 19th 2013, 15:45:33

Leeching might not be against the rules, but it is dishonorable. Unfortunately, until everyone does it (and it becomes "required to compete", it will be a sore point of contention.

For game balance purposes, one should ask himself - Is tech leeching an intended game mechanic, or is it an unintended one? It should be clear whether tech allies should be modified depending on your answer.

tellarion Game profile

Dec 19th 2013, 16:59:01

I think it's wrong, many of the other mods disagree. And even if they agreed, it wouldn't be right to delete someone midset for something that, until this point, had been allowed. If we make rule changes, they will be properly announced for everyone to see. Hence why I am starting this discussion.

Tech allies and leeching have a place on the alliance server, and other collaborative servers. To me, it has no purpose on a 'solo' server.

Hammer Game profile

Dec 19th 2013, 18:30:52

Originally posted by h2orich:

if you're gonna report 'leechers'. you'll need to define whats one.

Let's define all-jetters for the community, too, as there are various opinions. I have seen ratios such as 2:1, 5:1, etc in different threads. I have also seen people who load up for a retal, of which I feel they are entitled, be placed in the same group as a true, top-feeding, suiciding, all-jetter.

So, we need to define that for the community so when someone is accused, they understand why (assuming the accused reads the comments on the forums).

This is a great thread.

edfjr Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 15:36:02

lol exactly when did express turn from a quick server for noobs to learn the game into,

HYPER ACTIVE OVERLY SERIOUS MUST WIN AT ALL COSTS server

you guys are fighting over who's the best in the noob server lol

silentwolf Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 16:00:16

Xin .. Honor ?

It can not necessary be techers benefitting from the tech ring.

it can be an exchange for defence n return of tech. or Offence (since its out).

I still dont understand why the OA was removed.. to protect the bottom feeders ehh.

To make all strategy viable should be the goal of the game if you look at it from a bids eye view. All here have their own agenda..

So after tech leeching and DR is removed.. what next.. let me guess.. limiting market buyouts .. cuz god forbid someone just might do a market buyout at the end of the set to make their friends win.. bah.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 16:27:44

OA was removed because it was abusable to the extent that it gave a _significant_ advantage. People don't like it when other people get unfair advantages unless they themselves also abuse said advantage.

And sure, limiting market buyouts sounds like a great idea because of its potential for significant abuse.

I am not sure why you are promoting dishonorable behavior, and/or suggesting that cheaters are good. They only drive legitimate players away.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2013, 16:36:12

I think silentwolf has a certain cultural way of looking at it that's pretty uniquely Chinese, lol.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 16:50:56

I think silentwolf has a certain cultural way of looking at it that's pretty uniquely Chinese, lol.

He isn't Chinese.

Vic Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 16:51:01

lol but sw isn't Chinese!

blid

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2013, 16:54:08

I thought I saw a post from him saying he was from China is the only reason why I even said that haha.
http://www.earthempires.com/forum/post/516028/perm
English teacher or something or I just read that wrong?

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 16:57:34

He's Indian, from Malaysia, and currently posted to working in China.

Alin Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 17:21:53

he has a strange view over things ... i woudn't want to say more.

Fatty Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 18:05:33

Bring it back to the early days of Earth.

Sometimes the original can be fun again.

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

TDA101 Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 18:10:18

Twenty Four hour express. HELL YER.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2013, 19:04:38

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Ah cheers. I wonder why Malaysia/Singapore has so many Earth players.

Alin Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 19:04:45

24 should be fun lol.

Alin Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 19:05:15

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Ah cheers. I wonder why Malaysia/Singapore has so many Earth players.

There are like 5 playing all of them :P

blid

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2013, 19:05:43

Mehul pissed me off one time when Express was a once in a while thing only on special dates, and he announced a date/time and then never showed up to make the game. I had been excited for it and was waiting for it and just kept checking for a few hours waiting for him to show up and he never did. It was at a time when I didn't play anymore and I was going to come back just for that...

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2013, 0:27:19

I thought Silent Wolf was from Vulcan ?

major Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 1:05:25

this server is called the "express server"... so no slowing down turns, on the real,get...

eliminate all allies, why they are needed here is only to assist in def. and tech leeching...

keep this what it is and is suppossed to be, an express server.... thats what i think

silentwolf Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 15:11:56

leave the indian alone.

all i am saying is look at it from another point of view.

I am not condoning cheaters, however it doesnt make us any better if we name and shame them. If you say that they have not helped the game, i would disagree. Change is good, however the form it may come from.

I am for the betterment of the game. Dont get me wrong.

Just be a little rational guys.

No to slowing down the game, but tweak the leeching and DR please. That would be a great start to improving express.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 23rd 2013, 2:49:41

Originally posted by tellarion:

1) What do you think about removing ALL allies from this server?

I think that is a bad idea. This is perhaps the only server where you are likely to meet newbies and to recruit them to your alliance in the alliance server. Plus, you have the opportunity to make new friends that play for other alliances and forge bonds in the game.

Originally posted by tellarion:

2) What 'rules' seem too vague or confusing to you?

The rules for ingame "cooperation" need to be adjusted so that you can in fact defend your ingame allies without being accused of out of game cooperation.

I was purpled a reset ago for jumping into a fight that my ingame ally got into. It was affecting my game and thus I felt it necessary to intervene. I had no contact with this player outside of the game until I posted about the problem, and he then introduced himself to me.

This needs to have more sense put into it rather than just delete anyone who seems to be piling on, perhaps some sort of research the issue policy would work.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

blid

EE Patron

Dec 23rd 2013, 3:31:55

You indeed should have been purple as it was textbook rule breaking and no the rule shouldn't be changed and you've been given reasons why not like 5 times but instead of responding to those reasons you just keep repeating this like a broken record.

Originally posted by Cerberus:

I was purpled a reset ago for jumping into a fight that my ingame ally got into. It was affecting my game and thus I felt it necessary to intervene.
I mean are you serious with this? Like your ally being killed affects your game more than JUMPING INTO A WAR? Yeah, they gotta change the rules so we can enter wars to stop our countries from being affected! Ugh your posts are so frustrating to read.

Edited By: blid on Dec 23rd 2013, 3:35:00
See Original Post

Fatty Game profile

Dec 23rd 2013, 17:31:41

I think a couple extra days added to express would be in order.

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

Frybert Game profile

Dec 23rd 2013, 18:53:07

Originally posted by Fatty:
I think a couple extra days added to express would be in order.

I for one wouldn't mind starting on mondays instead of tuesdays. Who needs sleep anyways?

tellarion Game profile

Dec 25th 2013, 17:30:39

I plan to present my suggestions to qz after the holidays and hopefully we can get some of these changes implemented in a few sets. Until then, business as usual.

Thanks for the (mostly) constructive opinions and discussion. I feel like I've got a good taste of the various issues according to you, the players, and will work with qz from a development viewpoint to make some improvements.

Merry Christmas!

silentwolf Game profile

Dec 25th 2013, 22:55:51

Thanks tellarion :)

I appreciate the effort.