Verified:

Rasp Game profile

Dec 13th 2021, 21:16:58

Thinking about joining. What are the non-stated rules about attacking bots vs players?

I've seen some people get banned lately for attacking players, which seems odd. Why not just make it an all explore server or bot farming server and disable the ability to attack other players?

Serious question. Thanks.
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 13th 2021, 21:22:03

https://www.earthempires.com/rules

https://www.earthempires.com/...b-2014-23176?t=1534817384

https://www.earthempires.com/express/serverdetails

https://www.earthempires.com/...ministrative-tool-49995/1 <-----Slagpit's first post describes what will happen on solo servers

Forum Rules: (you should already know these)
https://www.earthempires.com/...-conduct-337?t=1427678937

A good amount time these guys will do challenges they post on the forums. Like an all x challenge or ... best certain gov challenge. This can be a fun server.

Edited By: galleri on Dec 13th 2021, 21:28:18

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Dec 13th 2021, 21:22:28

I should probably update the one on express that is stickied.

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Tmac Game profile

Dec 13th 2021, 21:23:22

You can do whatever you want besides play only to ruin others experience. If you think farming a human is in your best interest, do it. Just don't farm someone with your only intention being to laugh that you messed their country up.

Rasp Game profile

Dec 13th 2021, 21:35:49

Originally posted by Tmac:
You can do whatever you want besides play only to ruin others experience. If you think farming a human is in your best interest, do it. Just don't farm someone with your only intention being to laugh that you messed their country up.

Isn't that subjective? Where do you draw the line of grabbing someone into oblivion versus "farming/messing up someone's country"? Both are technically ways to improve your own networth.

Quoted from Slagpit's post:

Examples of acceptable behaviors on solo servers:
* Landgrabbing other players in an attempt to improve your own networth.
* Warring over an ingame issue that occurred this round or the last round.
* Running an offensively-oriented country and harshly responding to any country that attacks you.

I had an idea while reading Slagpit's rules. Tournament already has a "server bracket" system (Game A, B, C). When someone misbehaves, griefs, whatever, why not move them (or demote?) to a "Purgatory" server with bots and other people who have done the same? Give them their own server to "drive backwards" on.

Think of it like this. In MMORPG's you have PVE and PVP servers. Why not make the Purgatory server a more wild west, PVP-like server where anything can go?

Maybe this can be cleaned up and put under [Suggestions]
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Dec 13th 2021, 21:36:51

Originally posted by Slagpit:

Negative examples of player diplomacy:
* NPCs countries cannot engage in diplomacy.
* Players who are unwilling to engage in diplomacy. For example, deciding that the goal of a reset is to destroy another player's country before the reset even begins.

Negative examples of conflict:
* NPCs countries cannot attack or spy other countries.
* Players pretending to be NPC countries in order to force other players into war.
* Players engaging in cross server attacks.
* Players griefing other players.
* Clan server OOP wars under most circumstances.
* Clan wars on the final day of a reset under most circumstances.
* A player "suiciding" a clan under most circumstances.

One last thing to discuss is the negative examples that cannot be resolved with better NPC code and cannot be resolved in a reasonable matter with coding, guardrails, or server rules. I understand very well that different players have different ideas in terms of what should be considered to be a negative example. At the end of the day, the admins are going to be strongly biased against behaviors that drive players from the game. I do not believe that a player with bad intentions who drives ten other players from the game is more important then the ten lost players. I kindly ask players who view most of the negative examples listed here as acceptable to evaluate why you choose to play this game. There are millions of free games out there to play. This may not be the right game for you.

Rasp Game profile

Dec 13th 2021, 21:38:31

I'm trying to be part of the solution here. Banning active players across servers seems like it will only create more griefing.

No fense but stating you can't write code because there are too many griefers to create countermeasures for seems to me that you are band-aiding the problem and not creating a true solution.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Dec 13th 2021, 21:38:35

Originally posted by Rasp:
Originally posted by Tmac:

Isn't that subjective? Where do you draw the line of grabbing someone into oblivion versus "farming/messing up someone's country"? Both are technically ways to improve your own networth.

Quoted from Slagpit's post:

Examples of acceptable behaviors on solo servers:
* Landgrabbing other players in an attempt to improve your own networth.
* Warring over an ingame issue that occurred this round or the last round.
* Running an offensively-oriented country and harshly responding to any country that attacks you.

I had an idea while reading Slagpit's rules. Tournament already has a "server bracket" system (Game A, B, C). When someone misbehaves, griefs, whatever, why not move them (or demote?) to a "Purgatory" server with bots and other people who have done the same? Give them their own server to "drive backwards" on.

Think of it like this. In MMORPG's you have PVE and PVP servers. Why not make the Purgatory server a more wild west, PVP-like server where anything can go?

Maybe this can be cleaned up and put under "Suggestions"

It is under the rules clarification post up at the top of express forums. I fixed it. I know it is lot of links, but each server has different rules and I think adding them over to suggestions is confusing. Honestly they are confusing as is being in a few places, and I am sure there are few new players that have no idea about this forum, or the forums exist. (I should probably go over to the other solo server forums.)

Edited By: galleri on Dec 13th 2021, 22:59:43
See Original Post

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Dec 13th 2021, 21:40:36

I'm trying to be part of the solution here. Banning active players across servers seems like it will only create more griefing.

No fense but stating you can't write code because there are too many griefers to create countermeasures for seems to me that you are band-aiding the problem and not creating a true solution.

I am just posting to you what was placed before. We all know I can't code. I also cannot cook. But I taught you to build a nice garden :P

Tmac Game profile

Dec 13th 2021, 21:42:26

I really don't see the confusion. The sanctions have only been applied in obvious situations.

I'm not against servers with different sets of rules. I think slag has talked about it before.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 13th 2021, 21:55:35

SuperFly should run for office, he's already mastered the art of spinning and selling, there will always be sheeple to bamboozle.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 13th 2021, 21:57:03

Unreal
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 13th 2021, 22:04:46

I've seen some people get banned lately for attacking players, which seems odd. Why not just make it an all explore server or bot farming server and disable the ability to attack other players?

Its not about 'attacking players'. It's about intentionally ruining multiple players rounds, over and over again.

This weekend Superfly started talking again about what he did being an attempt to beat my land record to explain away his actions this past half year so I decided that I should go beat my own land record and so I did it in 1 try (didnt really try tbf) without hitting any player for land, after I had killed Karnage in a mutually agreed war last set:
https://www.eestats.com/express/oldcountry/2857/50

Thats what I can do after getting a kill on a war prepared player without being a fluff to anyone. I did this to show that what superfly is saying he tried to do is easy to do without driving any players from the game.
I spent 2+ days of turns warring and still got it. I'm not saying that anyone can do what I did - get a kill and 83k+ acres in the same set. But I am saying that any decent player including superfly could hit only bots for 2000 turns and get 83k+ acres with ease. If you don't think so you think far too highly of me.
He knows this as well. It was always only griefing and the drama he could create that was on his mind.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 13th 2021, 22:09:02

Why is this?

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 13th 2021, 22:15:05

I think Superfly hacked Rasps account to keep the topic going. Gal locked the other thread.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 13th 2021, 22:39:56

Was anyone banned? Hungry? Superfly?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 13th 2021, 22:56:53

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Of course no one got banned.

TwoPodRay Game profile

Dec 13th 2021, 23:05:49

Of course no one got banned.

Have any sanctions been applied?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 13th 2021, 23:47:32

I do agree with Rasp that this is a band aid. A band aid sometimes helps tho, so I wouldnt discredit that. But with any kind of punishment, the purpose isnt vengance or removing them from society only. Part of the effect comes from signaling to anyone who is on the fence about doing the same that 'Look this is what punishment you can get if you do something like this, we dont accept this' so they decide not to.
So in any case sanctions are applied you should, in order to do less work. make a closed thead and post: "this player has been sanctioned, Here is a link to his profile, so you can look up on eestats what he has been up to. Have a good day, play well"

Prime

Dec 14th 2021, 4:32:16

So in any case sanctions are applied you should, in order to do less work. make a closed thead and post: "this player has been sanctioned, Here is a link to his profile, so you can look up on eestats what he has been up to. Have a good day, play well"

But can we put them in the stockade and hurl moldy vegetables at them?

SuperFly Game profile

Dec 14th 2021, 5:13:23

Hello, I am a sad panda but alas what do you do... hopefully you can sanction whoever owns the real hungry account that suicides everyone on every server.

Edited By: SuperFly on Dec 14th 2021, 5:27:24

Tmac Game profile

Dec 14th 2021, 14:58:43

The image of superfly trolling us in a panda suit made me laugh, lol.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 14th 2021, 15:00:00

/me throws bamboo shoots

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 14th 2021, 15:23:54

Originally posted by Prime:

But can we put them in the stockade and hurl moldy vegetables at them?

Anything to avoid more players needing sanctions to maintain a fair and sportsmanlike playing environment for all.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 14th 2021, 23:22:04

If you attack non-noobs that cry, you will face sanctions. The whole "doing it for the betterment of your country" is so subjective and strawman that it's not funny. Thinking you can infer someone's intent when they make attacks is comical. Especially when nerds here are running around using chat logs of some comment said in jest, you cannot even positively link the statement to the person. It's anonymous screens names anyone can make up, lol.

The heart of the issue is if the game owner(s) do not want you to attack other players, then just remove that ability and save everyone the time and effort of debating it.

Why do you people insist on having a game that is open to free will but wants everyone to self-modulate not to attack each other so you can farm bots that don't attack back all day? Let's call this a PVE game and get on with our lives.

#removeTheWarRoomButtons
#callItBotFarmingButtons

BaDonkaDonks Game profile

Dec 15th 2021, 0:09:23

nerds

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 15th 2021, 0:23:08

Originally posted by Requiem:
If you attack non-noobs that cry, you will face sanctions. The whole "doing it for the betterment of your country" is so subjective and strawman that it's not funny. Thinking you can infer someone's intent when they make attacks is comical. Especially when nerds here are running around using chat logs of some comment said in jest, you cannot even positively link the statement to the person. It's anonymous screens names anyone can make up, lol.

The heart of the issue is if the game owner(s) do not want you to attack other players, then just remove that ability and save everyone the time and effort of debating it.

Why do you people insist on having a game that is open to free will but wants everyone to self-modulate not to attack each other so you can farm bots that don't attack back all day? Let's call this a PVE game and get on with our lives.

#removeTheWarRoomButtons
#callItBotFarmingButtons

Land grabbing humans is fine. Land grabbing bots is also fine. I believe that was the consensus. It took a 5 page thread, and now this new thread. But most everyone agrees.

Edit: Who is "you people" by the way? I'm not sure I like where you're going with this. Keep it clean guise.

Edited By: g0nz0 on Dec 15th 2021, 0:26:24
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2021, 0:26:58

Tell that to SuperFly!

SuperFly Game profile

Dec 15th 2021, 1:06:16

I’d continue to speak hard truths about how I asked moderators and was cleared of wrong doing etc.. but it’s pointless and I do not need a forum ban next so f all y’all. You can catch me all-xing and still making top 10 while all the fluff low level noobs that I was farming for the last 2 months will still be finishing below the Top 20 bots.

I R WoG SuperFly (#3) Is my country grant me a DNH cuz you all automatically got a DNH from me….

Good luck to you bot farmers and to Hungry #17 who I am sure will wreck someone for fun as he usually does on all servers

Edited By: SuperFly on Dec 15th 2021, 1:18:45

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2021, 1:23:15

I think Rasp deserves punishment for speaking on your behalf.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Dec 15th 2021, 14:34:35

Originally posted by SuperFly:
I’d continue to speak hard truths about how I asked moderators and was cleared of wrong doing etc.. but it’s pointless and I do not need a forum ban next so f all y’all. You can catch me all-xing and still making top 10 while all the fluff low level noobs that I was farming for the last 2 months will still be finishing below the Top 20 bots.

I R WoG SuperFly (#3) Is my country grant me a DNH cuz you all automatically got a DNH from me….

Good luck to you bot farmers and to Hungry #17 who I am sure will wreck someone for fun as he usually does on all servers

You were cleared of which wrong doing by which mod?

Edited By: galleri on Dec 15th 2021, 14:39:44

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 15th 2021, 16:21:38

Originally posted by galleri:

You were cleared of which wrong doing by which mod?

The conversation he claims were had between mods where he asked if multi-tapping players in express was in violation of the rules. It was determined by mods that technically it did not break the rules. Which is true. So this was his defense of the behavior on express. He declared this multiple times in threads you participated in. His shield was that ruling.

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 15th 2021, 16:27:34

Thanks to Rasp for restarting a closed thread. Sanctions we're threatened, the issue addressed, we all had a good cry. Let's have a fresh start tonight. Good luck to all. Remember sharing is caring.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2021, 16:42:18

I've never really played express, is it hard to use all of your turns?

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2021, 16:58:01

If you ever do play Express you will discover that the people who play crap throwaway countries just to fluff people up, (suiciders/ griefers) have always been a serious problem in Express. They stop people from playing their set and have nothing invested in the game themselves. Superfly has been playing in that way all summer and is a perfect test case for the new sanctions. No-one should be immune to these sanction, however long their tenure in the game. The sanctions were only applied after a consensus of admins, mods and some experienced players was reached. Superfly's violations of the guidelines were extreme and went on for many sets.

A lot of new players try the game out on Express. We should be encouraging them and having fun interactions with them ingame, not playing to fluff then up and bully them until they quit. I'm really glad that these sanctions are in place and that they have been used. I think it brings some hope to the game. It has nothing to do with making the game People Vs. Bots only. Its stupid to say we should take away the attack button. There will still be wars and conflict. Just not a total tromping of noobs by experienced bullies who get their jollies by destroying people's fun, rather than by playing the game in a reasonable manner.

Its easy to play all your turns in Express Requiem. They come every 4 minutes and the game is fast paced.

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 15th 2021, 17:02:50

Originally posted by Requiem:
I've never really played express, is it hard to use all of your turns?

It's the best way to practice various strategies and builds. You have a Primary set, except it's like 4 days. You can see what works and learn markets if that's still a problem.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 15th 2021, 18:02:49

I think that playing your turns is the hardest part of express. First off if you are a techer you usually cant affordably play your last turns, aside from that you can easily play all the rest of them since you are a techer with a button to just press and it plays turns for you.

Casher and farmer are both decently chill since they have instant income and can therefore take as many turns as they want at once.
Indy is the hardest by far. Even if your stuff sells you cant spend as many turns as you might like because your NW and expenses become huge in just a few dozen turns, and your money run out. Indy needs many logins and if you want to do well those logins are perhaps not when you want to do them.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2021, 18:05:18

Casher it is :p

SuperFly Game profile

Dec 15th 2021, 20:33:16

Originally posted by Getafix:
Superfly has been playing in that way all summer and is a perfect test case for the new sanctions. No-one should be immune to these sanction, however long their tenure in the game. The sanctions were only applied after a consensus of admins, mods and some experienced players was reached. Superfly's violations of the guidelines were extreme and went on for many sets.

It was not all summer but if 20% of the time equates to all summer than ok I see magical interpretations at work.

So are you saying that you and Gerdler were part of the council that decided my fate? Cuz from my understanding it was one admin who came to the final conclusion and thus over turned the two mods who I had asked previously via forum PM lol. It also seems that not even the mods have received full guidance and understanding of how the sanctions even work from the Sanctioning admin. So I myself do not even know what I can or cant do and if it only applies to express or to other servers....

I guess I am your first human test trial on how these fabulous sanctions will work......

Edited By: SuperFly on Dec 15th 2021, 20:36:10

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2021, 20:40:20

I saw a lot of discussion and input from various people, and a decision made by a person with authority to do so after a general consensus was reached. That seemed like a fair process to me. And you certainly took the opportunity to defend yourself. I guess nobody was persuaded by your lengthy arguments.

SuperFly Game profile

Dec 15th 2021, 20:40:47

Well i just reread a lot of my PMs and I guess the sanctions do not apply to team or alliance unless things have changed since I received this response:

May 07, 2021
To: SuperFly
There are no sanctions on team. Clan servers are dirty places where dirty play is tolerated as long as people aren't breaking the game rules.

May 08, 2021
To: Slagpit
Oh ok so anything goes.

Guess I am only hooped for Express, Tourney and Primary then. Well dont farm me I guess :P

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2021, 20:42:47

Then I guess we battle on in Team! :)

SuperFly Game profile

Dec 15th 2021, 20:44:00

I saw a lot of discussion and input from various people, and a decision made by a person with authority to do so after a general consensus was reached. That seemed like a fair process to me. And you certainly took the opportunity to defend yourself. I guess nobody was persuaded by your lengthy arguments.

oh ok so you are assuming that input was based on that now deleted and edited thread then. I was interpreting your post as if some IRC meeting went down where I was put on trial behind closed doors lol

SuperFly Game profile

Dec 15th 2021, 20:45:17

Then I guess we battle on in Team! :)

lol I guess so. So Requiem are you the guy raising hell in team and in 1a?????????????? My parking lot of a country wants to know?????

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2021, 20:47:42

No, I sure wasn't involved in anything like that. I just read the thread and joined in. Anyway, I know we've had a lot of fights over about 10 years, but I'm still glad you are around. Your style of play is different from mine, and it pisses me off. But I have enjoyed some of the fights you have started. You just go too far sometimes.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 15th 2021, 20:49:42

Hey, don't look at me, I have been arguing for you to be sanctioned since July with no result. IF it happened months later it was because you had built up a large enough body of evidence that you convinced a lot of others that you needed it as well.

In other words, you are very pedagogical, much more so than I am, evidently.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2021, 20:52:15

Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria style, SuperFly in a nutshell :P

PS: I sent you an in-game message, Getafix :P

I'll send you one too SF, that way you don't feel left out ;-)
(•_•)

SuperFly Game profile

Dec 15th 2021, 21:01:52

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Plato o Plomo Cabrones lol

Getafix I know we have had our issues but we have allied twice in express since them :P

Gerdler you should ally me as well. I swear that I wont attack you............. cuz I cant lol lol lol lol lol lol

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2021, 21:05:01

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Plato o Plomo Cabrones lol

Getafix I know we have had our issues but we have allied twice in express since them :P

Gerdler you should ally me as well. I swear that I wont attack you............. cuz I cant lol lol lol lol lol lol

Es "Plata" guey! Get it right, n00b!
(•_•)

Tmac Game profile

Dec 15th 2021, 21:08:49

Did the heads at mercs think they were losing their guy? Makes more sense now. Sanctions are for solo servers only.