Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 7th 2011, 19:04:56

Of Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor,December 7th,1941. How fast does time fly! Anywho,if you know someone that was there and survived,give em a hug!

I'm really dissapointed we celebrate that piece of fluff Columbus and we've forgotten the lost lives in Pearl Harbor,its just after 11am PST and I'm yet to hear any kind of mention of what happened 70 years ago today by the media,trully shameful!!!!

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Dec 7th 2011, 19:07:00
See Original Post
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Menion Game profile

Dec 7th 2011, 19:21:16

I may be wrong (opinion from Britain(as in location not entire nation)) but it always comes across that Americans do not really like to mention their military losses.

But then again, what's reported about other countries isn't always true.

Bigwiggle Game profile

Dec 7th 2011, 20:46:20

We've got no issues mentioning military losses.. Our US History textbooks are all pretty straightforward as to when we sucked and when we didnt
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

mrford Game profile

Dec 8th 2011, 1:44:51

im wore a USS Arizona t-shirt that i got in Hawaii under my work clothes today.

you still need to put a space when you use a comma. its insanely annoying.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KyleCleric Game profile

Dec 8th 2011, 1:51:02

Memorial Day is kind of that.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Popcom Game profile

Dec 8th 2011, 3:56:55

well every country has a skewed view of their military exploits i think...

kind of odd that you aren't hearing anything about it, im in canada and there was a lot of stuff on the radio and TV about it
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 8th 2011, 5:11:55

See!, even Canada remembered!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

NightShade

Dec 8th 2011, 5:56:04

I remembered.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

mrford Game profile

Dec 8th 2011, 6:35:22

no coma goes after a !

are you an American? is English your first language? wtf dude. im an Engineer. terrible at all things English and i know this fluff
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 8th 2011, 7:00:23

No, and no, I'm from South America, lighten up bro, you're starting to irritate me with your grammar lessons....
(•_•)

ICe Man

Dec 8th 2011, 7:01:38

So, technically, he's American. So Fordy is pwnt raged.
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 8th 2011, 7:08:39

LOL!
(•_•)

NightShade

Dec 8th 2011, 7:19:48

Also... most anyone who have survived Pearl Harbor, let alone World War II would be their 90s or 100s.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 8th 2011, 8:11:24

75 if you was 5 and running for your lives
(•_•)

mrford Game profile

Dec 8th 2011, 8:39:41

one of my great uncles died on the Arizona. My 2 grandfathers both server in the pacific, but were not in the military at the time of Pearl Harbor. they lied about their age and enlisted about a week later.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

llaar Game profile

Dec 9th 2011, 9:20:35

i got family photos of it... my grandma was there

my grandpa lied about his age to get in too fordy

<3 to our servicemen

Cabrito Game profile

Dec 9th 2011, 23:35:00

Now KO do you know who fired the first shot at Pearl on Dec. 7, 1941? (see I use a space after a , lol)
When the white man discovered this country,
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.
White man thought he could improve on a system like this. - Cherokee proverb

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 10th 2011, 0:17:13

No, I don't! Cabs! Join XI bro!
(•_•)

Cabrito Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 0:29:31

Then US history books need to be rewritten. The USS Ward (a ww1 destroyer) fired upon and sunk a Japanese midget sub some 3-5 hours before the planes even took off from their carriers. However the crew did not even know if they had even hit the sub. One of the crew members who was there did find out 60 something years later when they finally pulled the sub from the bottom, with a hole in the conning tower.

And BTW I heard somewhere that there was 6 carriers that took place in the raid not the 4 that ended up at the bottom 6 months later during the battle for Midway. But I can not remember where I seen it at.
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 10th 2011, 0:31:31

Yes, yes! I now remember that midget sinking! :)
(•_•)

Cabrito Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 0:35:31

Ah but what they dont teach ya is that US warships were already firing and sinking German u-boats even before Dec 7. Or was it just firing on them. Ah who cares the point is the US unofficially entered the war long before Dec 7 just by firing at u-boats.

Is it u-boats or uboats?
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 10th 2011, 0:52:47

Yup, they where policing for the Britts! :p
(•_•)

mrford Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 1:12:52

Originally posted by Cabrito:
Then US history books need to be rewritten. The USS Ward (a ww1 destroyer) fired upon and sunk a Japanese midget sub some 3-5 hours before the planes even took off from their carriers. However the crew did not even know if they had even hit the sub. One of the crew members who was there did find out 60 something years later when they finally pulled the sub from the bottom, with a hole in the conning tower.

And BTW I heard somewhere that there was 6 carriers that took place in the raid not the 4 that ended up at the bottom 6 months later during the battle for Midway. But I can not remember where I seen it at.

Originally posted by Cabrito:
Ah but what they dont teach ya is that US warships were already firing and sinking German u-boats even before Dec 7. Or was it just firing on them. Ah who cares the point is the US unofficially entered the war long before Dec 7 just by firing at u-boats.

Is it u-boats or uboats?

i knew this information long ago. it was taught in my school, and was all over any Pearl Harbor documentary shown on many channels here in the US. your perception seems to be incorrect.

your timeline is also incorrect. the US minesweeper detected the midget sup at about 4am and signaled the USS Ward about it, however the Ward was unable to confirm the detection until around 6:45am when it detected and dropped depth charges on the sub. when it surfaces it fired its 5in gun at the minisub and the first shot misses, and many sailors report that the 2nd shot hit, and the sub slowly sinks. the USS Ward reports the encounter at around 6:55am

the first waves started taking off from the japanese carriers at around 6am.

so you can see, you are just as ignorant and assuming as you accuse the "american textbooks"

also, the USS Ward, while you may consider it to be a WWII destroyer, was commissioned mere weeks from the formal CF.

thank you come again

edit, ill take it further, the USS Ward's message was sent in code at 6:55am, and took until around 7:15am to be decoded by the brass. At around 7:05am the infamous radar station detected the incoming waves of Japanese fighters, but they were dismissed to be a scheduled wave of B-17s from the mainland. the first wave of planes struck Pearl Harbor at around 7:50am

so you see, there wasnt exactly a massive HOURS of warning like you seem to be portraying.its kinda embarrassing that you would attempt to chastise american teachings when your recollection is inface so incorrect. you might wanna look up the timeline, because ofc i did this all from memory of my fluffty american history lessons. i could be wrong, but i know im not.

Edited By: mrford on Dec 10th 2011, 1:21:58
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Cabrito Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 1:17:47

Actually the first sighting was at about 0200.
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

mrford Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 1:22:15

false
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 1:23:26

here, i googled a timeline for you, so you can stfu

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/...pearlharbor_timeline.html
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Cabrito Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 3:59:20

Next you will say that D day actually was the turning point in Europe huh? Don't believe everything you read.

And perhaps you can tell me about the wave in the middle of battleship row in a picture taken during the raid from the air. Here is a link for it.

http://www.history.navy.mil/.../images/h50000/h50931.jpg

It is about mid left side of picture.

Edited By: Cabrito on Dec 10th 2011, 4:07:14. Reason: added link
See Original Post
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

mrford Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 6:32:56

i didnt say i believed everything i read. but a generally and widly accepted timeline (unless you consider National Geographic an unreliable source) isnt exactly the same as your opinion on communism. its a little bit more objective.

edit: as for your picture which is a famous one that is well known to of been taken by a japanese pilot over the harbor towards the beginning of the attack.

The wave comming off the middle Battleship, the USS West Virginia btw, looks like the ripples from an explosion, like the explosion from a torpedo hit. in many firsthand recountings, the West Virginia is the first to be hit on Battleship row.

I know you mean well, but your statements and questions sound more like a conspiracy theorist, and i really hope that is not what you are getting at.

Edited By: mrford on Dec 10th 2011, 6:38:07
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Cabrito Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 7:11:34

I was actually talking about the wave/ripple what ever ya want to call it on the left side of the picture in the middle of the harbor.

And ya have to excuse me I could not remember the time there about but knew it was around 2ish or so give or take an hour
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

mrford Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 7:26:45

on the bottom left corner of the pic? if i had to guess id say it kinda looked like a torpedo glancing off the bow of the ship, i havnt done any research on it though. i will if you wish
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 7:32:35

after a bit of research, that ship, the Nevada, actually got underway after the initial attack, and was later sunk in the channel. i knew this, but had apparently recently forgotten that fact.

but thats besides the point. this class of battleship was retrofitted with torpedo armor, which increases the strength of my story. the extra thick waterline armor probably caused a torprdo to glanse off in that pic. it you go back and look closer, torpedos rarely sank ships in the 2nd world war. they damaged them, but it was the bombs through the thin armored decks (ships were built for torpedo and naval gun attacks, not areial attacks) it was the most effective.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

iolair Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 12:50:42

"The survivors of pearl harbor" organization was disbanded on the 70th Anniversary by the remaining members. Some are 95 making them 25 at the time - a few younger ones also remain.

The radar operators testing and learning the new equipment decided to use it just a little longer and detected the flight headed toward Hawaii though they gave warning that the planes were coming it was disregarded as a possible malfunction or inexperienced operators.

Edited By: iolair on Dec 10th 2011, 13:01:12
See Original Post
nothing to see here ... move along

mrford Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 18:15:45

no, it was disregarded as the scheduled incoming flight of B-17s from the mainland.

but yeah, the equipment was less than a month old at the time, and there were only 6 stations on all of Hawaii.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 10th 2011, 18:17:23

Fordy is correct :)
(•_•)

Cabrito Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 19:21:43

Ight here we go. Sorry I did not do this before was kind of getting tired. I used paint to circle the area in question.

http://img.photobucket.com/...s/v429/Cabrito/h50931.jpg
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

mrford Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 19:56:16

are you being serious? the caption explains that easily. that is the entrance of air dropped torpedoes ti the water, clearly in an attack on battleship row. you can even see the bubble trails leading to the ships as most torpedos were powered by air back then, leaving the infamous contrail.

what are you smoking? what did you think it was?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 20:03:53

if you wish for me to go into more detail i will. and this is all off the top of my head.

the Americans correctly believed that a torpedo attack on Pearl Harbor was impossible, and it was with known technology. However the Japs ingeniously fitted a boxfin to the back ot the torpedos, making them work in the ~45-65 foot deep harbor. a side effect of this technologs was a "jumping" of the torpedo as the fins directrd the torpedo upwards in the water to negate the force of falling from an aircraft 40 feet above the water at 200 mph.

you can clearly see an entrance and a "jump" point of atleast 2 torpedos in that picture, along with atlaast 2 contrails towards the middle ship in the row. in addition, its plainly evident that ATLEAST one torpedo has already struck the Vest Virginia as you can see the immediate ripples, and the less noticeable but more circular ripples further out.

so as the caption in the pic says, its a torpedpo attack on battleship row. what will your feeble conspiracy mind come up with next?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Cabrito Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 20:41:26

Actually experts disagree that it is a torpedo dropped from an aircraft. Some feel one of the 5 midget subs actually made it into the harbor and did launch one during the attack. The one I have circled is, by some experts, believed to be one such torpedo that was launched from a midget sub. And then some believe it is the rooster tail of a midget sub just after it launched a torpedo.

And actually it was the British attack on the Italian harbor of Taranto, a little over a year before the Japanese attacked Pearl, that it is believe to have given the idea to the Japanese to attack Pearl in the first place. Tho they might have attacked it anyway, regardless however we may never know the full truth.

Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

mrford Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 21:00:49

if you think that is the rooster tail of a midget sub you are an idiot.

period

that sub would have to be traveling in excess of 20 knots, in that extremely confined space, immediately after launching a torpedo, to make a rooster tail of that magnitude, and that still doesnt explain the splashes around your so called "rooster tail" and the other bubble trails directly leading off from the splashes. that is stupid, and inaccurate. dont really care where your "experts that disagree" are. link them if you wish to.

yes, it is argued that the attack in italy may have inspired the japs, b ut the harbor topography was completely different, and the depth was a problem like i said. hence the fins on the torpedos causing the jump. i dont really understand why you keep jumping topics. the orignal topic was you fluffting on american text books on Pearl Harbor. now you are talking about the British attacking Italy? something i know about as well? what the fluff is your point anymore?

use some logic dude. seriously

Edited By: mrford on Dec 10th 2011, 21:03:28
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Dec 10th 2011, 21:09:27

i take that back, that "splash" is at least 20 feet tall is you reference the ships around it. it is not simply possible for a "rooster tail" from a sub whos top speed couldnt of been more than 8 knots under water, was 20 feet tall. tell your experts they are idiots.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Cabrito Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 1:38:49

My point is most American history books I have read all same the same thing. That the Japanese fired the first shots by bombing Pearl. We all know they did, however most do not know about the Ward firing and sinking the midget sub. And it has only been in the last 10 years that the proof about the sinking of such midget sub has been brought out.

And these so called experts as you call them, actually happen to be American historians. And as for the rooster tail, I never said I believe it to be one, all I said was some experts do. The problem is no one can actually prove what it really is from. If it is from a midget sub then it would be when the tail end of the sub leaped out of the water just after firing its torpedo.

My point about US history books tho is that the American historians, say what they want the general public to know. I could go on about about them and how they claim D-day was the turning point in ww2 and blah blah blah. But I will not. All I wanted to know was what you thought it might be. Excuse me if I cant correctly recall a certain time. I surely was not there, and unless your pushing 90 neither was you.

Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

Donny Game profile

Dec 12th 2011, 20:10:09

I however was there,, inside my mom that was inside my grandma on her 8th birthday!
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.