Verified:

Dragon Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 23:05:28

Originally posted by mrford:
im more for thinking about thosw that WERNT lost as well thanks to those that went into help. it could of been SO much worse. 10s of thousands possibly

Nice.. I'm personally happy to see someone recognize this.

I was a Volunteer Firefighter and Fire Chief for almost 15 years.I worked for in the field and then ran a Paramedic Service for 20 years. A lot of EMS personnel lost their lives that day. If they could speak to us, they'd say that they were just doing their jobs. They'd also likely tell you that they felt like they didn't do enough.

The cops, firefighters, paramedics ad EMT's who lost their lives that day in the line of duty aren't easily replaced. I KNOW none of those men and women were thinking about themselves when that building collapsed because they all KNEW it was probably inevitable considering what had happened. Despite that, they soldiered on trying to get that last person to safety before those buildings came down.

Fire, Police and EMS are a family. We're brothers and sisters out there in the streets every day trying to keep life norman and safe for everyone and giving it all to strangers in the time of need. I lost family that day. Every one of those who died trying to help the helpless.

Uncommon Valor. Not only soldiers have it. Thank a cop, or EMT or firefighter the next time you see one for what they do day in and day out for us.

Thanks mrford for recognizing what many do not.

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 1:50:42

I had to post this here....

One of the funnier blogs on the web that I know of, and this one is just too appropriate for what fordie posted:

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/rescorla.html

Sauron NBK Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 4:24:18

Funny thing about racists like watertowers is that they could have empirical evidence that completely proves their prejudice wrong and they would stubbornly turn their nose and refuse to believe it. You keep talking about looking at the evidence in an unbiased way. Assuming what you had was real evidence it still wouldn't matter because its painfully obvious to anyone with half a brain that you are anything but unbiased. It's backwards ass tea party psychos like you that are determined to inhibit man's capacity to move forward as a race. It's already a pre-determined fact that everyone will be beige in a thousand years, get over it. I have a feeling that u are the kinda fluff of man that has a black boss but don't have the balls to confront him so you come here and vent your frustrations out on an online forum and u are pathetic. Do us a favor and kindly go back to fluffing your sister, better yet, go play in some traffic.

P.s I am a full Native American with a blond haired blue eyed white girlfriend. I bet that just drives your cracker ass crazy eh?

gambit Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 5:00:14

and he pumps babies out of her like its his job :P
Natural Born Killer

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 5:26:48

gentlemen, I do believe we've found our new gregg....

and lol@sauron and crazy cracker asses...

mrford Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 6:12:19

um, he has a few threads on general talk you need to read if you think this is bad.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Celeborn Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 6:19:46

what's with the "tea party psychos" crap reference?

less govt
less spending
less taxes

seems like a sensible thing to me
I am,
therefore I RAGE.

mrford Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 6:23:12

simple but pragmatical
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 6:24:05

I've seen 'em fordie - I think I posted the same on one of them over there as well.

Celeborn - wrong place for that discussion.

Celeborn Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 7:08:24

Sauron NBK brought it up, not I
I just didn't ignore the liberal talking point
I am,
therefore I RAGE.

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 7:38:02

it wouldn't kill you to ignore it and take it somewhere else - is it really too much to ask for just a hint of reverence?

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 8:37:48

please tell me at least one person read the Rescorla article.

It's a little on the longish side (that's what she said!), but it's funny and pretty interesting.

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Sep 15th 2011, 10:01:24

4 days later... RESPECT!

I am one that he refers to I guess? I am half breed, and damn proud of my Native American side, as well as whatever else I am... I guess my mother never got the memo that she wasn't supposed to sleep with a white guy. (I am laughing at Watertowers on the inside)

What clans is this guy in btw?

Khavic25 Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 12:34:07

Get off of Watertowers and ZDH.

You all come on here spouting off and calling them names for what they believe and telling them to shut up while at the same time going off about how great it is that you believe something else.

Disagree with them if you like, but by throwing up your bullfluff rhetoric lines as retort to their bullfluff rhetoric you all sound like a bunch of 6 year old kids on the playground.

Every one of you have the ability to believe what the hell you like. You all can and will teach your children what you like.

No one in this thread has advanced any opinion with the comments they have made.

QM has been the only one to even attempt to apply reason to his thoughts by relaying his experience with the Marks.

I am not going to post a 1k word essay on my own opinion since I agree in part with each of you who have made comments here.

I will say:

I do not care what color, race, or creed a person is or what religion a person chooses to follow. Do as you wish if it makes you happy and does not interfere with someone else pursuing what makes them happy. Don't talk down to someone else for saying what they believe if you want me to respect what you say you believe.

Live and let live.

And as for the original topic:

I still choke up when I think about that morning. Watching those planes hit the towers was torture. I remember very clearly wanting to be there to help the scared and confused people coming out of the buildings. I remember the looks of bewilderment in their eyes and the pain I felt for them. Every muscle in my body wanted to run to their aide, push, pull or carry every one of them to safety. As I stood in my living room, thousands of miles away, holding my wife as she sobbed. I can still feel the hot tears of frustration and then anger well in my eyes until they overflowed and ran down my cheeks. As I write this post I can hardly believe it has been 10 years, as the pain still throbs in my chest for lives lost that day and for the families that lost loved ones.
Damn missed it

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 12:58:29

Sorry Khavic, but I will never "get off of" people who go around espousing unfounded and hurtful rhetoric about any given group, especially in the face of contradictory facts.

Personally, I would be disappointed in any one who did. I really hoped that as a community we had slightly higher standards than that.

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Sep 15th 2011, 21:16:53

I haven't even heard of "khavic" before, now hes in NBK and telling people what to do? sorry man you have no stance to tell me what to do around here. And FYI this is a playground and we are a bunch of 6 year olds :) because thats as far as I read haha

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Sep 15th 2011, 21:20:10

Originally posted by Khavic25:
Every one of you have the ability to believe what the hell you like. You all can and will teach your children what you like.

It only matters if your children will learn and keep what you want them to. Kids nowadays are smarter than we were when we were younger, and know what they want. WaterTowers can teach his kids to not date blacks, or natives, but who is to say they will listen? they will know what free country means and once they are old enough to realize that they don't have to listen to their parents they will do what they want, I know I did :)

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 21:26:50

This is all, of course, ignoring the fact that those opinions were completely inappropriate and off topic for this thread in the first place, and could have simply been taken to another thread.

btw - does anyone else hear Leo screaming "Look at me Gilbert! I'm really high on the water tower this time!" every time they see a post from watertowers, or is that just me?

QM Diver Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 23:46:32

I still choke up when I think about that morning. Watching those planes hit the towers was torture. I remember very clearly wanting to be there to help the scared and confused people coming out of the buildings. I remember the looks of bewilderment in their eyes and the pain I felt for them. Every muscle in my body wanted to run to their aide, push, pull or carry every one of them to safety. As I stood in my living room, thousands of miles away, holding my wife as she sobbed. I can still feel the hot tears of frustration and then anger well in my eyes until they overflowed and ran down my cheeks. As I write this post I can hardly believe it has been 10 years, as the pain still throbs in my chest for lives lost that day and for the families that lost loved ones.

Whew! That's heavy.. Thanks, Abbs...
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Khavic25 Game profile

Sep 16th 2011, 1:14:15

Okay let me rephrase my prior post a bit and try again.

ZDH and Watertowers:

Trying to identify an outward appearance of a person and make a judgement of their abilities and or intellect seems a far reach. Your rhetoric and comments are not going to sway me to believe that there is a color of intelligence.

Those that blast insults and belittling comments and think it is cool:

Ignore the trolls or bring up facts, but your racist comments and seemingly mindless drivel are totally irritating. Spouting equally offensive, though more commonly accepted racist and derogatory comments is equally as unimpressive.

Is that clearer?
Damn missed it

gambit Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 2:45:57

so twiz, now that you have turned 15, you think you are so grown up eh?

all i know is that between sauron and his dad and twiz... somebody owes me a native bride :P
Natural Born Killer

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 4:35:47

Did ANYONE read the Rescorla article? I R sad panda that no one liked that...

Khavic25 Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 4:57:27

I read it NOW3P

guy was a real bad ass

Damn missed it

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 5:01:04

I feel much better now :-)

That's one of my favorite blogs. I love the writing style.