Verified:

Rico Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 5:54:46

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Originally posted by synoder:
slag, when was the last time someone cried for a war DNH in ffa? I love to troll a good crying post and I seem to have missed all these posts you are referring to. Like you said tho, everyone in a war has loads of D and aren't very good LG targets so not quite sure what you are trying to prove?

Are you claiming that FFA warring clans do not enjoy the protections of war DNHs that other clans gracefully bestow upon them?

Gracefully bestow? lol

Netting clans don't grab warring clans for two reasons.
1. Police will do 2:1 on anyone hitting into war. So the gains aren't there.
2. Netting clans are too busy self-farming.

locket Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 6:31:32

Its the same elsewhere. And yet it is still respectful. Since there is always time before police are announced to hit them

Rico Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 6:51:13

Originally posted by locket:
Its the same elsewhere. And yet it is still respectful. Since there is always time before police are announced to hit them

Even so, it is still not done because netting clans are so "gracefully" doing warring clans a favor.

Nope. The bottom line is netting clans get to net because the warring clans allow them to. Deep down all netting clans know this.

locket Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 6:54:25

lol i cant wait until someone good at this game politically takes over a netting clan. Your idea will change quickly.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 12th 2011, 9:07:20

*decides not to comment*
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Sep 12th 2011, 9:15:51

Originally posted by locket:
My dog could reach 60k acres! :P

Maybe your dog can teach me a thing or two...

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Sep 12th 2011, 9:20:21

Originally posted by Rico:
Originally posted by SublimeNightmare:
I do not understand why war clans don't just farm the hell out of self farming netters with no D. Screw the retal policy. If they over retaliate then FS them :)

This. Netting clans farm their own countries with zero defense, yet expect retals if someone outside of tag hits those same countries. It is a complete joke.

I'd say netting clans have it pretty good on this server.

I think it is a complete joke that you think you can hit another clan because they are self farming, and not expect retals. Simple thing is you hit another country in another tag, they will retal you.

synoder Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 10:32:20

slag, when was the last time someone cried for a war DNH in ffa? I love to troll a good crying post and I seem to have missed all these posts you are referring to. Like you said tho, everyone in a war has loads of D and aren't very good LG targets so not quite sure what you are trying to prove?

Are you claiming that FFA warring clans do not enjoy the protections of war DNHs that other clans gracefully bestow upon them?

I'm saying that war DNH's are not because the warring tags cry for them, its because the netting tags know that its not smart to hit them while at war. #1, there are very few netters that dont self farm so grabbing is limited. #2, Those that do LG are not going to want to hit a country at war because it will 99% of the time be high military low land with lots of weaopons tech. They would lose out on the exchange. #3, if I am a war tag and a netting tag hits me a bunch while at war then next set when I am looking for a war target they are going to be first on the list.

All of those things are common sense so thus DNHs dont have to be asked for much less begged for. If netting tags want to net then giving war DNHs are just as much for their benefit as they are for war tags.

KingKaosKnows

Sep 12th 2011, 11:46:33

I think the point is that normally clans that have been at war lose breaking power, and to not take advantage of this other tags put them on DNH after the war.

And there is a double standard, I was sure NBK didn't acknowledge topfeeds, a grab is a grab right, is what you usually say here in FFAT, so going by that a bottomfeed is also a grab and there is nothing special about it.

Using 3000 acres countries to hit countries with 20000 acres isn't an issue because the countries with 20k acres should be bigger and have more defense yes that is true, but when the country with 20000 acres hits the one with 3000 is an issue because he has too much defense and there is no way to Retal? Bull.

If there is no farming per NBK own policy then they shouldn't complain about it, and 2 hits is no reason to complain.

Drinks Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 11:57:58

Can i just bring it back to the original post.

Ill phrase it in another way:

Basically if you come out of a war with 3 weeks left in the set. You arent going to finish with a good nw. So any LGs you do is clearly just malicious or out of boredom.

So it means your taking a netters land for no reason. So if the netting tag then bottom feeds you as a result of the malicious grabs, atleast the netting tag is doing it for a purposeful reason.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Khavic25 Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 12:26:26

You may not finish with a great NW, but why settle for a lower NW than you could have attained by grabbing?

NBK has gone to a 2 week from set end DNH already to alleviate the issue of stock hunting so there is no malice in any grabs we are doing. If we were running all jet countries and breaking millions of turrets then yeah I could see you being pissed, but we are grabbing 20k countries with 10 jets and you are throwing a hissy fit.
Damn missed it

KeTcHuP Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 12:28:16

Im personally not complaining about grabs.MOre about how we cant grab back because most of it would be bottom feeding.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Khavic25 Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 12:43:40

TKO has been great to land trade with in sets past because they run retallers and don't go ballistic over every grab. They also understand that well defended countries do not get grabbed. I am a little surprised that they have so many high land low NW countries right now.

What pissed NBK off about your grab was that it was a double tap. Not a land trading grab with = NW countries, but a blatant double hit from the same country at the same time. You would have had words for NBK also if the roles had been reversed. And QM, Synoder, Popcom, and Demon would have all chastised anyone in our clan if they had done that to you.
Damn missed it

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Sep 12th 2011, 12:52:16

Sometimes I think Khavic is K4F.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 12th 2011, 12:53:31

thats because we have a few new players to FFA and landtrading this reset and de1i has been inactive so he has high land low net
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Chaoswind Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 13:19:35

I finally understand what everyone means with spin the issue.

Clearly TKO isn't complaining about the Land grabs on poorly defended countries, they are complaining about the dead treats for a double tap.

However, I think things are clear, double taps are not allowed for either side :)

/me goes back to work
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Drinks Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 14:54:28

Think chaos summed it up.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

KeTcHuP Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 23:27:56

Originally posted by Khavic25:

What pissed NBK off about your grab was that it was a double tap. Not a land trading grab with = NW countries, but a blatant double hit from the same country at the same time. You would have had words for NBK also if the roles had been reversed. And QM, Synoder, Popcom, and Demon would have all chastised anyone in our clan if they had done that to you.

We woudl retal 3:2 and carry on with our day.

QM Diver Game profile

Sep 13th 2011, 0:56:30

Double taps are bad...

That is all!
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Khavic25 Game profile

Sep 13th 2011, 6:54:40

Originally posted by KeTcHuP:
Originally posted by Khavic25:

We woudl retal 3:2 and carry on with our day.

Really?

You would retal a 32mil NW country with a 5mil NW one?

The hell you would
Damn missed it

locket Game profile

Sep 13th 2011, 8:05:37

Perhaps you shouldn't hit them then. If they had single tapped you would apparently be just as mad. Considering that is your newest complaint.

KeTcHuP Game profile

Sep 13th 2011, 12:30:45

Khavic25:
Wed fail 3 retals and carry on with our day. same way we deal with grabs from NBK that its impossible to gain land back. a double tap isnt THAT bad.

Khavic25 Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 2:42:37

locket:
I don't think a single hit would have generated the threat of retaliation in future sets. I didn't make the threat so I cannot be sure, but I don't think so.

KeTcHuP:
You are now on here crying that you cannot get your land back from 10J grabs on 20+k acre countries. You are trying to make it sound like we came out of a war with 100mil jets and no defense and started raping countries of high land and NW. That is not what has happened at all. We came out of the war and started gaining land to generate the highest NW at end of set as possible. Your 1.5mil NW countries with 20k acres and 0 defense made good targets.

You also infer, but do not directly say that we are using countries designed to take land and make it hard to retaliate. (teched Tyr) Most hits have come from Fascist or Commies. Most with no tech.

And if double taps are not that bad then you would not mind if our guys double tapped those 10J breaks?

Damn missed it

locket Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 3:04:24

khavic... for all you guys say that landtraders run no D... every nbk country I spied is 90% jets :P built to topfeed and not defend their land :P but meh ill drop out

Khavic25 Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 3:12:28

locket:
did you spy the countries that have been grabbing or just random NBK countries?

i grab a bit now and then and if you op my counties you would see roughly 1mil troops / 1mil turrets / 600k jets

Also if it only take 1 to break what difference does it make if you have 1 or 10mil?

Edited By: Khavic25 on Sep 14th 2011, 3:19:55. Reason: cause i can
See Original Post
Damn missed it

gambit Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 3:35:02

he most likely spied those that bought up to make retals

only a few countries are actually making grabs
Natural Born Killer

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 14th 2011, 4:41:05

oh no how horrible, a DOUBLE TAP

that should be against the rules or something

gambit Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 4:49:57

make it happen
Natural Born Killer

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 14th 2011, 5:04:02

I'm trying to rank the deplorable act of double tapping against single taps and killing hundreds of countries without a good reason. After reading this thread, I think it's something like this:

Single taps > Killing hundreds of countries >> One double tap

From better to worse. Is that about right?

gambit Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 5:09:19

indeed... if you double tap us, then we have just cause to kill all your text based civies
Natural Born Killer

jagernacht Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 5:39:56

I for one understand NBK. Other tags like Semper are doing great after a win, but NBK came out on the losing end. I also agree with TKO. Any person who decides to complain about a double tap, but will gladly topfeed self-farmers is ridiculous. I hope NBK isn't like that. i'm not saying they are, just hoping they aren't. If NBK topfed my countries I would take my 1:1 and say, good day to you sir. You've fought a long war and I could get my land back in a few hits of land-trading anyways.

Heck, if NBK isn't hitting each of my countries 1x or 2x per day I don't mind the few who are taking the rest of the set seriously doing what they want. As long as they don't take the opportunity to ruin other peoples sets (i.e. stockhunting, declaring war and killing potential t10s, etc) I know when NBK countries get bigger I'm next on their list since I'm landfat and relatively low defence for such high acreages. I am taking a shot at netting and wouldn't hold it against them. /humps teh gambypoo

also, so NBKers don't misinterpret my view... and netters either...

NBK : I am one of the many who doesn't truly believe in "topfeeding" in FFA and would war against L:L just like any NBKer would. Netting is a weird thing to me as it is, and I wouldn't consider myself particularly skilled in that area.

Netters: I know I've yet to be hit by NBK, hence my views may seem skewed, but mind you I have no problem taking a hit. NBK is full of wh000rs though!

In summation, don't complain about a double tap if you are gladly taking the land from other countries :P You guys are way too skilled to play that card.

Edited By: jagernacht on Sep 14th 2011, 5:49:04
See Original Post
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

gambit Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 6:02:45

any interaction that went down must have happened ingame between the people that were involved... until ketchup brought it to ffat... its just been a bunch of pissin contests since then

thanks for letting us know that you have no defense... i usually just explore, but i may be tempted to touch your sweet juggies

Edited By: gambit on Sep 14th 2011, 6:04:55
See Original Post
Natural Born Killer

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 6:03:17

Originally posted by Rico:

Gracefully bestow? lol

Netting clans don't grab warring clans for two reasons.
1. Police will do 2:1 on anyone hitting into war. So the gains aren't there.
2. Netting clans are too busy self-farming.

As someone who loves to grab the fluff out of anything that moves, I have to say this is dead wrong....

the reason netting clans don't grab war clans is because war clans don't have fluff all for land worth grabbing because it dilutes your techs, especially when you figure in losing land on a single retal if they pull it off, let alone 2:1

Y'all SERIOUSLY need to quit fluffing about getting grabbed though. If I see even one person fluff about a double tap who also rallies against internal farming, I'm going to fluff slap you first for being counter-productive to your own argument, then start a string just so I can farm the ever loving fluff out of you for being a tool.

It's TWO fluffING GRABS! Get over it!

jagernacht Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 6:15:59

oh ok lol i figured as much...

*perks up my juggs*

get past my spies and we'll talk :P i'm not like most of these pansy ass netters who rock the 0 spies or <10 spal lol :D

i thought IMP self-farmed? I know I saw a few FoCuS self-farm... I figured the only ones who didn't were NBK and ESD...
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com