Verified:

QM Diver Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 8:34:03

NBK has currently killed 70 more Sof countries, more than SoF has killed of NBK's.

Another ballpark indicator, is the 'Hits Per Kill' average..
They, who have the lowest numbers, will have the better chance of winning, because of the fewer wasted turns.
Currently, NBK's HPK is 201. SoF's is at 272.

Statistics now shown by Pang's crafty crew, will soon show the efforts from both sides of this war..

This NW Bull fluff, that a certain few people are not trying to be subtle about, who will likely continue to force feed their 1a practices down the throats of the FFA server, will need to go back to the game they are used to playing.

FFA participants will not succumb to such aggression that quite obviously wants to changes the dynamics of this server's character. There's delicate balance here, in FFA, that the alliance server can never enjoy. Quite frankly, the majority of the FFA server is NOT dominated by the cold hearted cut throat type of play, the 1a server is.

That is not to say, cold hearted cut throat type of play is a bad thing, or that should change, at the alliance side of the coin I speak. There, in 1a, the powers that rule the server basically enforce the rules they had dictated over, for years.
There also, is a balance, though weighted to the side of "NO MERCY"

This game IS different, yet it is the same. In alliance, 1 player, 1 country. Every turn played makes for a much more important result. Perhaps even 15 times more significant, than the play, on the FFA server.

I've played on both servers, but have been (for lack of a better word), 'bred' for the FFA game play dynamics.

For example if, in a hypothetical, where both clans are evenly matched in number of countries: They, who get's the first strike has an actual unknown advantage, depending on the builds of the opposing clan's countries build. The FS certainly doesn't guarantee the win of the FSer, but gives them a better chance of taking the advantage.

The rest, is prolly a very complex set of formulas and might well have been researched and informally analyzed, for years. Much of this, done, by the very players themselves, many of whom I've met over 10 years ago, from Disco, (the son of one of the first players to play the beta version of Earth 2025, created by Mehule Patel) to the countless others, people of whom I've played with and against, while they stayed in the dorms of universities around the world, or lived at home trying to graduate from high school.

I feel I can speak for FFA gameplay, when I say:
1.You kill more countries than your adversary,

2.a. You kill, using the most effective means,
b. having the most successful attacks,
c. using a minimum amount of turns for a maximum amount of damage AKA. HPK.... And...
d. unless there is a politically motivated cease fire, the winner of a war, in the Free For All server, will be the clan that loses fewer countries, thus killing more countries than the target clan.

Basically, nothing has changed here.. None of this is news to those who play counties in FFA..

Obviously there's rarely a perfectly matched clan base, so these numbers will vary, with numbers of members, and the effort that each expends in attacking and defending their 16.. Not to forget the follow up restarting of dead countries.. This, left up to the warring clan's discretion.

I will suggest, just like the L:L retal rule, the FFA does not recognize, and will not accept... Winning war via Net Worth is equally dodgy, and will never be accepted in the Free For All Theatre.

I'm sure, if NBK came to 1a and tried to shove FFA practices into the well oiled gears of what is, the Alliance server, NBK would be dissected and discarded as cannon fodder. This, would happen within the first weeks of any set...

"that's the way it is"
(Walter Cronkite)

That is all.
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Dizology Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 8:37:02

Confirmed...

aliyah Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 8:38:10

Agreed! :)
ALIYAH
TINY BUT MIGHTY!
HEAR ME RAWR!

LCN Spellchecker in training

gambit Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 8:44:29

now youve gone and done it qm...

i can see the trolls and crybabies coming around the bend even as we speak...

im leaving before they get here!
Natural Born Killer

AquaView Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 8:46:23

agreed but if the war doesn't end of set. if there is a personal grudge then the wining clan is the one still standing or other clan surrenders in this regard NBK has not lost any wars to aodt as it never ended tell aodt close the doors

Murf Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 8:49:17

roflmao

NW etc does have to be considered in war, for total domination you need to smash your enemies total nw into the ground.

Sure you guys have more kills, you had the fs, you kill a lot of restarts, and you kill a few originals when you can.

But when the nw gap becomes to great and you can only kill restarts,your gonna come on here and spout a lot of crap.

Tis a fun war though

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 9:00:16

I don't think he's saying NW is not to be considered - only that in this server, it is not nearly the definitive statistic for a war as it is in Alliance.

I could be misinterpreting it, but if that is what is being said, then I think it's a very fair statement.

Thomas Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 9:04:23

I don't care enough to argue this, and I don't know whose been arguing about it.

But NW is used as a determining factor because hit stats such as hits, kills, HPK etc, can easily be skewed by doing stupid landkills on restarts.

It's harder to use NW on very large tags as the gap isn't likely to be as large between the two tags at war as it would if the tags were smaller.

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Dec 20th 2010, 9:52:05

I will agree with someone soon... someone make sense so I dont have to read what he posted :/

synoder Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 11:50:31

yeah we need a summary for Twiz and I.

kemo Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 18:59:22

bauer wins. end of contest
all praised to ra

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 19:03:45

Boobs is gud

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 19:04:42

Too much text... Ill just agree with everything everyone said above me.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 19:06:15

It's a Alliance vs. FFA thread....you'd be lucky to get %50

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 19:14:08

I will say you are more likely to win a war if you kill networth. But killing networth on its own doesn't make you win,.

Killing restarts on its own for more kills does not mean victory either.

The end is the clan that finishes with the greater ability to finish off its opponent, a mixture of killing restarts as well as killing mains.

A restart with 100 turns will do near equal damage to an opponent as a main with 100 turns. Killing the ability to fight is as important as killing the ability to break.
NBK

aponic Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 21:43:54

QM DIVER: I gave up reading after the first three paragraphs. Yes, you are doing a great job of rushing targets and not letting us get online but you have not won the war. You mention some comments that people have made about our advantage in networth signifying the we are winning and then jump into some bullfluff speech about alliance politics.

Give it up dude. I am super tired of hearing this stupid fluff about us forcing some new politics on NBK or the rest of the server. You are winning in kills, we are winning in total networth killed. The war is yet to play out and as many people from both NBK and SOF have said, it is a great war and very even.

Last reset you killed a string that was tagged SOF because some of that players countries suicided you. Fair enough. We were mad about not being contacted before or after it and that blew up on AT and led to this war. That is just normal politics. It is not alliance politics or FFA politics.

These server vs server threads are very stupid unless it is your goal to alienate crossover players from populating the FA server.
SOF
Cerevisi

aponic Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 21:45:51

And after reading a little further... No alliance on the alliance server enforces land:land anymore. Find a new point.
SOF
Cerevisi

rebelnbk Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 22:08:49

still, NBK is WIN!!!

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 22:09:09

Lol, he does post quite a lot, don't get mad at QM though :P I didn't read everything he posted either, lol.

As for last set, had it been anyone but LAE (Our sole ally) We would have killed them asap, for the sole reason that those would have been getting ready to suicide us too.

We could have declared war on you then, but we didn't want that, we just wanted to get rid of Known suiciders.

And meh, I don't care about 1a or ffa or where people come from, although I take it people from 1a like to AB!
NBK

rebelnbk Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 22:11:20

Maybe tanks can kill a country in 1a?

Twain Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 22:13:59

--Note: If you're one of the people complaining about these posts being too long, I'll save you the effort, skip down towards the bottom--

Obviously the attitude on war is far different between 1a and FFA, but ultimately kills aren't the definitive gauge of winning a war.

It must be a combination of NW and Total Kills. Usually the winner is fairly evident, but for instance, one of the AoDT vs. NBK wars: (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, as I wasn't in either clan, but going from memory...)

If I recall correctly, AoDT took the first strike and for the most part, wiped out NBK's originals fairly efficiently. NBK stuck with the war effort however, and continued to attack AoDT whereas once most of AoDT's main countries were too large to attack NBK, AoDT stopped putting forth the same effort.

If I recall, I believe NBK finished with more kills because they were very good at killing the restarts and occasionally picking off a larger country, but AoDT obviously had far superior countries at the end of set, because they had some top 100s and other very good countries, whereas NBK finished with pretty much all low-level restarts that didn't even make top 1,000 finish.

If I'm misremembered this, feel free to correct me and consider this a hypothetical situation instead. Like I said, I was either in LaE or PAN when that war happened, don't really recall, so I didn't really follow it much. In that war, I don't think it's really fair to think NBK won the war, considering AoDT was able to have half their clan move on and netgain for the 2nd half of the set, whereas NBK didn't have any real networth "value" to their countries.

--End of really long part, start reading here if you want the short version!--

Kills alone and NW alone are both problematic for deciding who's winning. And for the purpose, right now, even though it seems SoF is doing better in the NW part of the war, whereas NBK is doing better in the Kill total, it's just too close to call.

Wars between two evenly matched war clans always take a little more time to see a separation. Both sides should be happy with their performance so far, but it'd be short-sighted to say "NBK's winning" or "SoF's winning."

Just keep fighting. The winner will be obvious by the time you two clans are done beating on each other.

Edited By: Twain on Dec 20th 2010, 23:27:33. Reason: grammar fails.
See Original Post

Juusto Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 22:20:47

for the ABing, NBK please choose your targets better, check the news for #3298... i mean what the hell you guys were thinking??? over 100 AB´s to 1600 acre country with 400k NW :/

anyway nice war so far :)
FFA: PANLV
MSN:

Popcom Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 22:22:36

Originally posted by Murf:
roflmao

NW etc does have to be considered in war, for total domination you need to smash your enemies total nw into the ground.

Sure you guys have more kills, you had the fs, you kill a lot of restarts, and you kill a few originals when you can.

But when the nw gap becomes to great and you can only kill restarts,your gonna come on here and spout a lot of crap.

Tis a fun war though

fairly sure we killed 20 yesterday above your ANW..
and QM....tl:dr :P
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

synoder Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 22:32:03

lol @ #3298. Not sure what that was about but I am gonna have to crack some skulls if that happens again.

Murf Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 22:56:01

well done popcom

kemo Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 23:15:10

you people need to add cliff notes
all praised to ra

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 23:38:21

Originally posted by Juusto:
for the ABing, NBK please choose your targets better, check the news for #3298... i mean what the hell you guys were thinking??? over 100 AB´s to 1600 acre country with 400k NW :/

anyway nice war so far :)

I had hoped no one would notice it!
Apparently one of the fellows son's logged on, and he knew a little bit about how to play. This is the result :(
NBK

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 23:41:51

And Twain, what had happened vs AoDT before was, aodt FS'ed NBK with 470 countries to our 350, so within a week all our originals were dead.

We both killed each other for a while...

End of set AoDT had 79 countries tagged that were out of protection. Everything else they had was dead or in prot.

We outkilled em in NW, not that it mattered, they had more kills total.
But the reason why we said it was a victory, was because we ended set with 350 countries, 320 outta protection. All they had were a few dozen, and at that point losing 15-20 everyday right before it ended.

Sure it wasnt a complete tagkill, but it was obvious it woulda happened 1 week after had set not ended.
NBK

Twain Game profile

Dec 21st 2010, 0:24:43

Ah. See? Told you I wasn't paying close attention and just going off memory.

Anyway, consider my situation a hypothetical situation then and apply the same logic.

Mathais Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 1:24:49

Two things...

First, I have been an FFAer almost exclusiely as long ad I've played this game, and I don't quite get the debate. Does it really matter whether you want to look at a war using NW or HpK or Total Kills...or anything else? To my mind, if one clan has more NW and another has a better kill count at the end of a war... Good for you both. Seems like you both fought a decent battle... And if both clans want to claim victory for themselves, so much the better. I, personally, am okay with that. Brag and haggle about it all you want on FFAT... That's part of the fun too. It doesn't matter what specific statistic you use to judge the outcome of a war.

Hell, of the very first wars that I ever fought in this game... so long ago that I don't even remember what clan it was that we fought. It was a much larger clan than UNITED, though, so disproportionate that they were largely ridiculed for declaring on us. Anyway, there were only 6 or maybe 7 active members in the clan, and at least a few of us were real green, but we fought as best we could. By the end of the set, I don't even know if we were ahead in any one of those stats that was mentioned... But we claimed victory anyway on nothing more than the moral high ground... And that was just fine with me, and I gather with most of the server.

Second, What have you guys got against long posts? I used to be famous for my long rants. :P

Bsnake Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 3:40:19

i havn't read all of the war and peace posts to be honest.....

but you all make good points.....

Winning a war has so many factors but lets face it the factors that 1a and FFA consider important are very similar, but 1a is different based on the pure fact each country is much more important.....

You cant just have it the way to suit one or the other,one clan will always have a disadvantage so it is never going to be fair...

just get used to it....

Is TNW the main factor as to who has won, not in this server, is it important during war and the ability to break, hell yeah.. but in FFA spies and use of spies can negate that disadvantage majorly.... 1a players seem to forget about that because they are not used to "wasting" those turns as in 1a they are much more scarse...

I see HPK was brought up,once again the use of spies comes into effect yet again, doesnt show up in stats but so impotant... Many people forget the days where us "fluffty" suicders used to break your 20mill NW countries with our pissy countries or kill 5 countries and only lose one...

So many factors to a good war effort guys..... Not just NW or Kills...
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

mrford Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 4:07:42

If one clan becomes too large to hit, or too large to be broken by the other clan, and the other clan just preys on the restarts for the rest of the set and gets 3x the kills

does that mean the restart killers win?

Idont really agree with that. Not to say that NW alone wins a war, but more times than not, if the clans are the same size, nw is far more important than kills.

I could bring my restarts oop right now and get 10 kills, but what did I kill? 10 other pretty worthless reatarts
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Popcom Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 4:12:51

the key there is what are you killing.
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Mr Emerald

Dec 22nd 2010, 8:48:06

Wow too much reading.
We are not the same, I am martian!
you are all retarded in the eyes of fluff
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER TEDDY BEAR!!!

Mathais Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 14:04:28

My only problem with people who want to use NW to judge a war instead of kills, is that it's possible to win a war by NOT warring, but rather by netting until you're too big to be broken, and that's not right either.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 14:10:55

thats why Avg Nw/Killed is also a key part :P
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

aponic Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 15:10:19

yea ICD. That basically solves both problems.
SOF
Cerevisi

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 22nd 2010, 15:11:57

Originally posted by Mr Emerald:
Wow too much reading.

i fell asleep last night at the start of the thread :(
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================