Verified:

Chevs

Jun 19th 2023, 13:08:44

I came back in 2019 after a long Hiatus to the following membercount (Reset 57 for reference)

Clan Members
SoF 36
LaF 31
SoL 29
Stones 15
Elders 14
Monsters 10

Since that time (Reset 78 - Most recent non-major war round) we have the following

Clan Members
Laf 29
SoF 7
Mercs 11
SOL 15
Stones 8
Monsters 5

So in the last 3 years, netting tags have virtually the same members but warring tags have gone down by 60%!!!!

So why are the admins still hell bent on only developing things that benefit LaF? the only logical answer is they do not care about the number of users, but only the playing experience for their friends in LaF. I guess its their game they can do whatever they want, but to deny this favouritism is downright absurd and laughable.

Here are 3 changes that come to mind:

Cause: Chevs topfeeds enforcer for 45k land
Effect: Admins immediately code a 10% cap to protect netters

Cause: TheBOMB wrecks LaF 7v35
Effect: Sanctions are hard coded into the game and TheBOMB is run out of the game

Cause: LaF finally has to pay the piper for their misdeeds and gets owned last set
Effect: Clan GDI is immediately implemented

Discuss
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 13:35:24

You can count on war tags losing more members. Reading the coalitions IRC this morning I see that 3 members quit over night now that war has been eliminated from the game.

The only logical thing would be to now FS all the bots but than you would be likely sanctioned for being obnoxious to the crown jewel of LaF.

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 19th 2023, 14:47:27

Start buying Patron/coins as much as those basement nerds and maybe you'll be noticed $$$ talks
Catch me on ir c

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 19th 2023, 15:17:22

The new changes are absolute trash for sure, you’ll see a pattern of significantly more players talking against it than for it.

It’s also trash that this new feature comes at $0 ingame cost. Obviously this is to benefit one clan and 1 weirdo.

The small netting clans were the true champions, being able to net and can diplomatically rely on their warring friends to protect them and back them up when needed.

Laf seems like they rely on game devs to protect them because they can’t diplomatically navigate through the game.

Real Man

Jun 19th 2023, 15:49:20

Originally posted by Coalie:

Laf seems like they rely on game devs to protect them because they can’t diplomatically navigate through the game.

+1

myerr21 Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 16:34:20

This shows a severe lack of integrity and morals.
Elders

gains [23:16:55] * Myerr!*@* added to ignore list

cloud-superfly: CP is ok

Suicidal Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 17:47:42

Garbage qZ, just garbage

Matrolen Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 23:40:38

Is this the Apocalypse?
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse

farmer Game profile

Jun 20th 2023, 0:33:48

another nail in the coffin . I never play express because of the crazy rules now it seem as i will be ran out of Alliance

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2023, 1:59:09

This is a terrible mistake by Qzjul and it will destroy the game. We just saw lots of people come back to the game to fight LaF, because they are so disliked for their underhanded tactics, and now we see them sucking up to the developers and changing the most fundamental aspect of the game to protect their stupid netting. The war clans even made a 12 month non-aggression pact with LaF so we wouldn't drive them out of the game, after we beat them 2 sets out of 3 in the recent war. But now, that non-aggression pact is irrelevant, along with most of the diplomacy in the game.

You can expect a few of us to stay on to cause as much trouble as possible for a while, ABing the bots and doing harmful ops, and then you'll see half of the players gone, never to return. Qzjul, you should reverse your decision on clan GDI and cancel it right away, or I predict that's whats going to happen.

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 20th 2023, 3:37:08

Originally posted by Getafix:
This is a terrible mistake by Qzjul and it will destroy the game. We just saw lots of people come back to the game to fight LaF, because they are so disliked for their underhanded tactics, and now we see them sucking up to the developers and changing the most fundamental aspect of the game to protect their stupid netting. The war clans even made a 12 month non-aggression pact with LaF so we wouldn't drive them out of the game, after we beat them 2 sets out of 3 in the recent war. But now, that non-aggression pact is irrelevant, along with most of the diplomacy in the game.

You can expect a few of us to stay on to cause as much trouble as possible for a while, ABing the bots and doing harmful ops, and then you'll see half of the players gone, never to return. Qzjul, you should reverse your decision on clan GDI and cancel it right away, or I predict that's whats going to happen.

Well, lets if see the ownership group decides to abort this decision as they did with the whole sanctions BS....

Dutchy Game profile

Jun 20th 2023, 7:32:45

Old bored player who never liked LaF back in like 2001 and can’t memba why, running a solo tag, please include me in any anti-laf shenanigans bluds.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2023, 9:28:50

Well i would say its the complete opposite, you now have to be very good at diplomacy to convince the alliances in clan GDI to fight wars. Before you could just be lazy and refuse to pact and kill the netters, now you have to work with them to come to some agreement.
Don of LaF

Link Game profile

Jun 20th 2023, 12:15:29

oh well. they dont want the old war vets around

well said
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Thunder Game profile

Jun 21st 2023, 12:35:27

Originally posted by Real Man:
Originally posted by Coalie:

+1

+2
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Doug Game profile

Jun 21st 2023, 13:47:22

I know I know… Doug’s the blonde twink here BUT:

Can I have a short argument FOR and a short argument AGAINST the Clan GDI

Im gave many players asking….
Paradigm VP/Senator
My Discord: twink_attack
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.
His Discord: happytheexceed

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 21st 2023, 13:56:05

Originally posted by Doug:
I know I know… Doug’s the blonde twink here BUT:

Can I have a short argument FOR and a short argument AGAINST the Clan GDI

Im gave many players asking….

Doug if someone wanted to have sex with you without your consent, you can always count on your beefy manly war buddies to come save you. It’s nice to have and make friends. If you are good at communication and diplomacy, you will enjoy earth 2025 pre-clanGDIfluff.

Now, this clan gdi makes it so it’s harder for someone to come assault you because you’re a puzzy that relies on a welfare system to protect you instead of your big beefy manly masculine friends.

Personally I like friends.

But this clan gdi works great for small griefer clans though. Just don’t rely on your warring clans friends to come help you anymore.

Edited By: Coalie on Jun 21st 2023, 14:06:28

Doug Game profile

Jun 21st 2023, 13:58:19

I do communicate with my peers I do so well I thought the hell are you talking about
Paradigm VP/Senator
My Discord: twink_attack
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.
His Discord: happytheexceed

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 21st 2023, 14:02:03

Originally posted by Doug:
I do communicate with my peers I do so well I thought the hell are you talking about

Yeah exactly you’re not a puzzy.
You don’t even need to be in a clan gdi because nobody is coming to grief you. And if they did, you give us a call. That’s what this game is about.

HH Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 21st 2023, 16:29:09

Great changes. Props to qzjul for Clan GDI!

Will buy alot of premium to show my thanks :)
HeadHunter

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 21st 2023, 16:31:40

Originally posted by HH:

you better be buying $1000 of of premium to make up for the ad revenue of departing players!

HH Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 21st 2023, 16:35:41

I can pay 100 dollars if I can get the magic market added to my country only ;)
HeadHunter

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 21st 2023, 18:00:42

Maybe like, give it a chance for a couple of sets and see what happens eh? We can always adjust things. Better to try something new every now and again than to stagnate.
Finally did the signature thing.

Real Man

Jun 21st 2023, 18:22:47

Originally posted by qzjul:
Maybe like, give it a chance for a couple of sets and see what happens eh? We can always adjust things. Better to try something new every now and again than to stagnate.

I think it’s the suspect timing that has irked everyone, given the results of last set. Also why did you add more bots?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 21st 2023, 18:25:52

I think it’s the suspect timing that has irked everyone, given the results of last set. Also why did you add more bots?

Ehh the numbers were always kindof an off the top of my head sorta thing. I've always wanted to make it more like 20k bots per server, but I'm not sure my comp would like that. That said, I want to make 'em do more....
Finally did the signature thing.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 21st 2023, 18:41:52

Less is more.

BlackHole Game profile

Jun 21st 2023, 21:54:25

Originally posted by SuperFly:
Originally posted by HH:

you better be buying $1000 of of premium to make up for the ad revenue of departing players!

Bye Felicia.

DevilsReject Game profile

Jun 22nd 2023, 1:44:37

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:

Well i would say its the complete opposite, you now have to be very good at diplomacy to convince the alliances in clan GDI to fight wars. Before you could just be lazy and refuse to pact and kill the netters, now you have to work with them to come to some agreement.

Yes, we know Gains. You and Gerdler cant heap enough praise on this totally organic and conveniently timed change to fundamentals of warfare. Im sure it came as much of a surprise to you guys as the rest of us. Its the bestest thing to happen since bots were first implemented, and land trading stopped being a thing.

Qzjul doesn't follow the politics and drama. He bought the "dwindling time" bait, and feels appreciated after constantly being dogged in the forums the last couple years.
He added more bots because netting clans have great difficulty in grabbing with high DR. If you have several members who consistently gain 500k+ acres, you either have to compete with other clans (Evo and Omega), or you add more bots. If I ran a netting clan, these are changes I would push for. The FA spy gimmick was a little blatant, which is why the rest of this happened in discord and email, rather than out in the open so the player base could provide input or, as we see, say no thanks, nice try.

Originally posted by myerr21:
This shows a severe lack of integrity and morals.

^^

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Jun 22nd 2023, 2:48:54

Netgaining and playing like LaF is simply more chalenging and fun. War is not fun (as evidence by players in such alliances slowly leaving). If you want to compete with LaF then try to learn to netgain and maybe you're players will stick around.

And yes, making it impossible to netgain will essentially end the game. The 'war' clans will be right back to organizing wars amoungst themselves and slowly leaving because war for it's own sake is essentually pointless.

Notice how in your own stats you had LaF at 29 countries, now how many? 17. You have done SIGNIFICANT and INTENTIONAL damage to the game. The legacy of this recent set of wars is nothing but shame, which will not be forgotten and hang around the neck of those responsible forever.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 22nd 2023, 3:01:42

"On May 2, 2012, the game administrators announced[dead link 2013-02-23] on Alliance Talk that Hanlong, with assistance from former game administrator Turtle Crawler, had gained access to the game's database, allowing the two to view all countries without requiring the turns needed for spy operations, change anything in any of the countries, and view private messages sent via the Earth forums as well as those sent in the game itself. "

significant and intentional ^

Jun 22nd 2023, 3:27:13

Oh dang. That's bad.

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 22nd 2023, 5:32:59

Originally posted by Turtle Crawler:

Notice how in your own stats you had LaF at 29 countries, now how many? 17. You have done SIGNIFICANT and INTENTIONAL damage to the game. The legacy of this recent set of wars is nothing but shame, which will not be forgotten and hang around the neck of those responsible forever.

Pretty rich coming from a known cheater and bot using multie runner lol.

Btw myself as a former LaF player for an entire decade I can with 1000% certainty say that we as LaF chased out more players from the game than any war clan will ever chase out from 2018 and onward….

LaF leadership also chased a lot of its own members out to other teams over the years as well lol

Edited By: SuperFly on Jun 22nd 2023, 5:59:12
See Original Post

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 22nd 2023, 5:34:46

Originally posted by BlackHole:
Originally posted by HH:

Bye Felicia.

Why are you even posting? You are literally a useless forum contributor. Didn’t you take your ball and go home to another game cuz no one liked you on either side of the war? Lol

BlackHole Game profile

Jun 22nd 2023, 10:23:39

Originally posted by BlackHole:
Originally posted by HH:

Bye Felicia.

Why are you even posting? You are literally a useless forum contributor. Didn’t you take your ball and go home to another game cuz no one liked you on either side of the war? Lol

Hahahah

HH Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 22nd 2023, 15:59:08

It doesn't matter what changes are done to this game, the fact is; there are too few players left. I do however think its a better strategy to focus on the netgainers, we are all like 40+ in age now and the war aspect of the game is something not many have time for, while netgaining is alot easier.

I guess time will tell, will EE lose more players now or will more come back because its easier to be left alone to netgain now.

If the game had more players, I would argue keeping a server with the "old" rules would be good. Or a server for player vs bots. But there are too many servers as it is right now for the 100 or so active players left.
HeadHunter

Suicidal Game profile

Jun 22nd 2023, 17:39:01

Originally posted by HH:
It doesn't matter what changes are done to this game, the fact is; there are too few players left. I do however think its a better strategy to focus on the netgainers, we are all like 40+ in age now and the war aspect of the game is something not many have time for, while netgaining is alot easier.

I guess time will tell, will EE lose more players now or will more come back because its easier to be left alone to netgain now.

If the game had more players, I would argue keeping a server with the "old" rules would be good. Or a server for player vs bots. But there are too many servers as it is right now for the 100 or so active players left.

In the old days it was easy to recruit. I have recruited players since the introduction of bots and was told the game does not follow the Mission Statement. These are not fat, lazy folks that just want to hit bots and share social media conversations. They want the challenge presented by the earlier game days.
A LOT of old vets returned in the past few sets to war.... with the new Clan GDI and everyone signing a 1 yr pact (prior to Clan GDI) they no longer want to stay and most have left already. WE even saw a few new recruits who came to the game.

Jun 22nd 2023, 19:17:29

Originally posted by Suicidal:
Originally posted by HH:

In the old days it was easy to recruit. I have recruited players since the introduction of bots and was told the game does not follow the Mission Statement. These are not fat, lazy folks that just want to hit bots and share social media conversations. They want the challenge presented by the earlier game days.
A LOT of old vets returned in the past few sets to war.... with the new Clan GDI and everyone signing a 1 yr pact (prior to Clan GDI) they no longer want to stay and most have left already. WE even saw a few new recruits who came to the game.

Bringing people back on the premise of being a bully is always going to be short lived. I get it, putting together a gang and topping the big guy feels good for a little while. The only way to make it last, however, is to improve yourself to the point where you are the big guy.

myerr21 Game profile

Jun 22nd 2023, 19:26:18

Originally posted by HH:

Bringing people back on the premise of being a bully is always going to be short lived. I get it, putting together a gang and topping the big guy feels good for a little while. The only way to make it last, however, is to improve yourself to the point where you are the big guy.

The best way to make it not last is to change the rules to fit your way of playing after you get the fluff kicked out of you.
Elders

gains [23:16:55] * Myerr!*@* added to ignore list

cloud-superfly: CP is ok

Symbolic Game profile

Jun 22nd 2023, 20:45:43

I think you guys forget who the bully was, it was gains that said he would war us off the server. We just responded.

mrford Game profile

Jun 22nd 2023, 20:55:44

Originally posted by myerr21:
Originally posted by HH:

The best way to make it not last is to change the rules to fit your way of playing after you get the fluff kicked out of you.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Lord Milk Game profile

Jun 22nd 2023, 21:57:17

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH THE TOXICICITY OF OUR CITY!!
“Light must come from inside. You cannot ask the darkness to leave; you must turn on the light.”
WE ARE THE LIGHT!

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 22nd 2023, 22:44:53

[quote poster=Coalie; 51948; 1015020]"On May 2, 2012, the game administrators announced[dead link 2013-02-23] on Alliance Talk that Hanlong, with assistance from former game administrator Turtle Crawler, had gained access to the game's database, allowing the two to view all countries without requiring the turns needed for spy operations, change anything in any of the countries, and view private messages sent via the Earth forums as well as those sent in the game itself. "

significant and intentional ^ [/quote]

Lmao !

Now kindly stfu TC
Catch me on ir c

BlackHole Game profile

Jun 22nd 2023, 23:21:22

Originally posted by HH:

You and your friends literally chased away the first new players this game has seen in a long time. You can't talk about wanting the player base to be strong when you were directly responsible for chasing away new players.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 22nd 2023, 23:48:35

Blackhole, for one thing, you are still here. And for another thing, the people who are still here after many years have been beaten up and tested multiple times. We are the ones who couldn't be chased off. This has never been a game for pussies and quitters, and there has never, until now, been any protection on Alliance for anyone. That is what makes this game unique. Everywhere else, where games are commercialized, you can buy protection. Its a sad day when LaF can be such pussies that they persuade Qzjul to fundamentally change this aspect of the game. Its not a minor fix, like the $2b bug, its a change to the most basic principle of this game.

Rick Game profile

Jun 23rd 2023, 0:18:03

I like squishy things.

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 23rd 2023, 1:35:21

I just like how TC has no rebuttals or acknowledgment to the two posts from Coalie and I.

Also I like how Black Hole says that we chased his new players away and yet his former tag is now flourishing on two servers now that he isn’t at the helm and yet he is still here despite posting all over the place that he was done and leaving. Haha

Jun 23rd 2023, 18:16:03

I just like how TC has no rebuttals or acknowledgment to the two posts from Coalie and I.

Also I like how Black Hole says that we chased his new players away and yet his former tag is now flourishing on two servers now that he isn’t at the helm and yet he is still here despite posting all over the place that he was done and leaving. Haha

Oh I took your posts as acknowledgement that what I said was true, so it requires no response.

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 23rd 2023, 20:41:33

Gotcha your silence to my post and coalie is acknowledgement to what we wrote as honest truth.

Carry on fellas

BlackHole Game profile

Jun 23rd 2023, 21:07:42

Blackhole, for one thing, you are still here. And for another thing, the people who are still here after many years have been beaten up and tested multiple times. We are the ones who couldn't be chased off. This has never been a game for pussies and quitters, and there has never, until now, been any protection on Alliance for anyone. That is what makes this game unique. Everywhere else, where games are commercialized, you can buy protection. Its a sad day when LaF can be such pussies that they persuade Qzjul to fundamentally change this aspect of the game. Its not a minor fix, like the $2b bug, its a change to the most basic principle of this game.

And there's your problem. You think people who quit a game that isn't FUN are 'pussies and quitters'.

Now you know, PRECISELY, why the game has under 100 active players. It's not because it's text based. It's because the player base doesn't give a damn if the game is fun. And if people quit cause it's not fun, they call them 'pussies and quitters' rather than trying to be introspective and understand why people don't want to stick around.

And while I'm still here posting, at our peak The Resistance had 10-15 members.

There might be 4 or 5 still around in various servers. I'm not one of them. I'm not playing anymore, I'm only fluffposting on here.

BlackHole Game profile

Jun 23rd 2023, 21:09:00

My former tag? I don't see a Resistance tag anywhere.

And I know the vast majority of our former players don't play anymore.