Verified:

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 30th 2023, 1:31:43

On the front page, bore wrote that EEStats.com will end July 2023.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

mdevol Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 2:25:55

he must have had the inside scoop on clanGDI. timing checks out.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 2:42:36

Good job QZ
Catch me on ir c

Tmac Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 2:57:24

Is there any other sites where I can check the news?

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 2:59:45

Thanks QZ for causing people to quit and the EEstats owner to shut it down.

allbymyself87 Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 3:40:34

RIP earth. :'(

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 4:11:03

Woof. Any chance he feels like giving one of the nerds his code. Someone might host it.

Doug Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 4:16:05

Damn wow
Paradigm VP/Senator
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 4:23:02

Originally posted by Tmac:

LaF has their own private site. You can apply to join their tag for access. They control everything now. bow down to your overlords

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 5:43:46

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

Just had this crazy redemption arc go thru my head where Turtle Crawler rebuilds Comwood's Earthgraphs and he winds up being the anti-hero we needed all along.

I'll be honest....I'd stop giving him fluff if he did it.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 5:47:17

Also, I have somewhere between 12-26 whole US fine dollars I'd venmo bore or whoever for the next guy. Tell him thanks for 13.5 years.

mrford Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 9:48:38

Game is going to die before 2025.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Suicidal Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 10:57:10

Heard QZ is creating a new game..... "LaF2035"..... be the same if he just changed the name of "Earth Empires".

If there is any good with the latest change, we surely have no need for Moderators anymore. If you get, or see, a message/post that offends you.... you the ability to delete it and save your crybaby energy.

Edited By: Suicidal on Jun 30th 2023, 11:08:45

bore Game profile

Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 12:25:37

Haha, timing is a coincidence, I don't know what you guys are up to :) I just realized paying a couple hundred bucks a year to host a site for a game I haven't played in several years was a waste of money that could be used for beer.

I haven't got time to properly hand over the code to someone, I don't know how or why the site still works, much less what would be needed for someone to set it up on their own server. I'm not even sure what language (english or norwegian) the code is using for variables etc :)

But I'm looking into transferring the whole server to someone to see if they can figure it out, so hoping it will work out!

Jun 30th 2023, 12:31:13

Originally posted by bore:
Haha, timing is a coincidence, I don't know what you guys are up to :) I just realized paying a couple hundred bucks a year to host a site for a game I haven't played in several years was a waste of money that could be used for beer.

I haven't got time to properly hand over the code to someone, I don't know how or why the site still works, much less what would be needed for someone to set it up on their own server. I'm not even sure what language (english or norwegian) the code is using for variables etc :)

But I'm looking into transferring the whole server to someone to see if they can figure it out, so hoping it will work out!

Thanks for the many years!

Tmac Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 12:37:54

Agreed, thank you bore!

Suicidal Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 13:04:23

Great political response but, we know LMAO

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 13:15:36

Evo have a site, boxcar, ghqnet and LaF have a site.
Don of LaF

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 13:16:33

It's been a useful resource for many years :)
Thanks for hosting it so long.
Don of LaF

Link Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 13:40:50

Originally posted by mrford:
Game is going to die before 2025.
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 13:51:03

Thanks bore eestats was the greatest one

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 14:02:35

Thanks Bore for the service.

neversilence

Jun 30th 2023, 14:10:19

So funny people want to fluff on QZ... assuming you are not just kidding around. Just as bore, I give Kudos to QZ.

Tmac Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 14:12:54

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:

Evo have a site, boxcar, ghqnet and LaF have a site.

I meant for all servers, not just alliance.

Suicidal Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 15:04:45

Originally posted by neversilence:
So funny people want to fluff on QZ... assuming you are not just kidding around. Just as bore, I give Kudos to QZ.

🖕

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 15:44:36

Originally posted by Suicidal:
Originally posted by neversilence:

🖕

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 16:02:54

Thanks for keeping EEstats going for all these years Bore. It's an essential part of Earth Empires and I use it just about every day. It's a huge loss to the game. I really hope that whoever owns this game will buy your server and keep it going. I don't know how the game will survive without eestats.com.

Auk Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 16:14:39

Thanks Bore for hosting EEStats. If you're really paying hundreds within a single year, that sounds way too much to me.
Yay, new signature:
https://i.ibb.co/...s-a-paradigm-black-bg.png
Discord: HappyTheExceed
Paradigm's Secretary of State/HFA

Doug Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 16:30:37

I don’t know bore, but I will say our members are thankful for the resource and the addition to the game. I wish it weren’t so, but alas, things happen. But we thank you for your dedication and contributions to the game and it’s players.
Paradigm VP/Senator
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 18:11:06

Thank you for hosting it! We'll get something up to replace it I think, so thanks for the warning.

bore Game profile

Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 18:42:31

Originally posted by Auk:
Thanks Bore for hosting EEStats. If you're really paying hundreds within a single year, that sounds way too much to me.

In the beginning I tried several $5/month VPS-services, but they weren't stable enough for a site like eestats where you want updated data at all times, so I went to Linode, which was $10. After a while the db got bigger and queries got slower, so I upgraded to 2GB RAM to keep more data in memory, that was $20/month for a few years before they reduced prices to $12/month. So varying costs over the years, but probably around $2500 total. Cheapest would be to run it off a spare machine at home, but I'm not letting this bunch connect to a machine on my home network :)

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 19:05:58

Originally posted by Auk:

In the beginning I tried several $5/month VPS-services, but they weren't stable enough for a site like eestats where you want updated data at all times, so I went to Linode, which was $10. After a while the db got bigger and queries got slower, so I upgraded to 2GB RAM to keep more data in memory, that was $20/month for a few years before they reduced prices to $12/month. So varying costs over the years, but probably around $2500 total. Cheapest would be to run it off a spare machine at home, but I'm not letting this bunch connect to a machine on my home network :)

I've found the $5 vps to be reliable enough, but running servers at home was a headache. In theory a rewrite onto AWS serverless stuff could be even less but the time it takes to rewrite is too much.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 20:00:31

I'm not sure eestats would work well on a $5 VPN cloud service with every server. The feeds would prob end up consuming too many resources, and the data would grow too much.

I like Digital Ocean or Heroku for cloud hosting, but I bet you it would cost more than $5 a month in resource use.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 20:28:08

@bore – it looks like you are paying $12 a month right now?

What if people donated money to keep it up? Would you consider that?

bore Game profile

Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 21:28:18

Originally posted by Requiem:

It just doesn't make sense as I don't have the time to update the site or play the game. But it looks like I'll be able to transfer the whole VPS to the guy who has sent me the most bug report emails the last few years :)

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 22:35:01

I wouldnt let these LaF scum near muh stuff.

I hope ypure not sending it to them.

Also.. Req said he can pay you in beer if thats what youre saving for.. he has a direct line to Truly beer
Catch me on ir c

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 30th 2023, 23:06:15

It just doesn't make sense as I don't have the time to update the site or play the game. But it looks like I'll be able to transfer the whole VPS to the guy who has sent me the most bug report emails the last few years :)

I appreciate you for having done this after all these years.

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Chewi Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 23:16:06

Originally posted by Shweezy:

Also.. Req said he can pay you in beer if thats what youre saving for.. he has a direct line to Truly beer

bore is LaF scum!

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2023, 0:47:49

Originally posted by Chewi:

bore is LaF scum!

OI!!!

Then LONG LIVE GHQ!

(some laf like s are alright, maybe chewi)
Catch me on ir c

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2023, 1:08:22

bore is LaF scum!

OI!!!

Then LONG LIVE GHQ!

(some laf like s are alright, maybe chewi)

Agree

Gains is cool to me too, he’s like the neighborhood friendly geek grandpa.

Karnage/syko is crazy but he is a vetbro.

And Galleri is a men’s loafer aficionado.

Bug has always been pretty cool too.

mrford Game profile

Jul 1st 2023, 1:49:33

Syko was full retard before he joined the army. The military just made him a confident retard.

Bug was NA long before becoming LaF. He is eccentric, but I can't blame him.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jul 1st 2023, 2:19:02

bore is LaF scum!

bore hasn't played this game in 10 years. He wasn't in LaF then.

Leto Game profile

Jul 1st 2023, 2:30:57

Boxcar works

Snoopdawg Game profile

Jul 1st 2023, 3:11:07

announcement on site..... eestats is hopefully not shutting down, transfer to a new admin is in progress!

bore Game profile

Patron

Jul 1st 2023, 5:28:33

Originally posted by galleri:

bore is LaF scum!

Haha I would actually consider LaF to be my home, it is where I got my first top100 23 years ago, and where I've played the most, though I have been in EoS, UCN, NM, Omega, SoL, LCN, IX, NeoFed, MD and many more :) My last few resets in Alliance were ten tears ago in iMag.

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2023, 5:36:32

http://sol.ghqnet.com/

Apply and if ABM deems you worthy you can have a reason to play and keep eestats open, I'll even put in a good word for you, if you say LaF loves truly and budlight beer
Catch me on ir c

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2023, 16:56:23

Dang. Thanks a ton bro. I'd have never won FFA without the utility let alone being one of the top dogs all time. Hard to say how much eestats has helped in the years since EG went away, but my experience in the game wouldn't have been the same without eestats. Thanks for taking the financial hit to let all of us enjoy the game more. You're a real one.

HH Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2023, 17:45:20

Great site bore! You were in MD? Hmm I might remember you!

I was willing to take over ownership and pay the cost but sounds like you found somebody already :)

HeadHunter

Chewi Game profile

Jul 1st 2023, 23:17:40

Originally posted by galleri:

bore is LaF scum!

Come on, like the Norwegian dude that built an earth data site isn't from LaF...

Thanks for running the site all these years bore!

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2023, 23:48:11

I thought all you nerds were Swedes?

Catch me on ir c