Verified:

Symbolic Game profile

Dec 4th 2023, 15:30:39

As prime asked for.

Originally posted by BlackHole:
There is definitely skill in a 10 second kill run, I'm not saying there isn't. What I'm saying is, regardless of the skill, it's problematic. Hell, a 60 second kill run is problematic for the game.

But the flip side of that problem is IRC bots, alerting people to get online. That is ALSO problematic. It's an arms race, and both tools (offensive and defensive) have improved, such that, without them, you can't compete.

And with them, you have to commit to the game in a way that casuals just won't.

That's bad for the game. It eliminates casuals from being able to take part in half the game (the warfare aspect).

I think all 3rd party tools need to be eliminated, and if they are a core component of the game, they should be programmed into the game (I know, that's an impossible ask, but if we are talking about optimistically, what we should do).

Kill runs should take many many minutes, if not hours, in my opinion. Being able to kill someone should be based on a better usage of resources, not how fast you can get people online at 11 oclock at night.

Those bots took people years of research and hours of programming to be what it is today. It was made by players for players to use. Also eewarbot is available for anyone to use and for alerts there are multiple platforms that have irc highlights. To just trough away the work that was put into them would be just silly.

It just sounds like you want an easy button for all the hard work people put into this game.

BlackHole Game profile

Dec 5th 2023, 0:53:11

The amount of work put into it has no correlation with whether or not it is good for the game.

And easy mode? Seriously?

You all use bots and chat alerts to tell you what to do and when to do it. That's easy mode, my friend. Hard mode is calculating that on the fly, with your brain. Hard mode is timing hits based on trusting teammates to do their job. Hard mode is a leader calling out when each person is supposed to hit and when they aren't.

I know you will never believe me on this, but hard mode is what I did when I first lead The Resistance in war against you all. I got kill runs in 60-90 seconds without bots, the hard way. I called out hits, told specific people what to do at specific times. Things like 'Ok Milk, you are to start your attacks 35 seconds after we start all attacks. And Ted you start 50 seconds after'.

Don't believe me? Ask Coalie. He watched me do it.

So don't lecture me about easy mode.

The point being though, all of these fabulous tools created hurt the game. How many people do you think have come here, had no idea these tools existed, got worked, and then quit because how the F do you compete with that? Over the years, probably a ton. The reality is that the barriers to entry ARE high. Bigger barriers make it less likely for people to play.

Beyond that, the tools existence necessitate that people be more available, jump online faster to wall, and basically dedicated more of their time to this game.

If kill runs happened over the course of hours, or a day, instead of seconds, nobody would feel obligated to sleep with their phone next to them in bed. They wouldn't pull over while driving to wall. They wouldn't have issues with EE interfering with work.

If you want people other than grandpa suicidal to play, you have to make a game that's playable by people who have a freaking life. And this game, at least the war aspects of this game, is NOT conducive to people who do not want to be tethered to their phone with alerts to play.

Bottom line. The tools make it less likely people will stay in this game when they find it. Exhibit A: A player base with about 50 people left.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Dec 5th 2023, 9:30:29

Originally posted by Symbolic:
As prime asked for.

There is definitely skill in a 10 second kill run, I'm not saying there isn't. What I'm saying is, regardless of the skill, it's problematic. Hell, a 60 second kill run is problematic for the game.

But the flip side of that problem is IRC bots, alerting people to get online. That is ALSO problematic. It's an arms race, and both tools (offensive and defensive) have improved, such that, without them, you can't compete.

And with them, you have to commit to the game in a way that casuals just won't.

That's bad for the game. It eliminates casuals from being able to take part in half the game (the warfare aspect).

I think all 3rd party tools need to be eliminated, and if they are a core component of the game, they should be programmed into the game (I know, that's an impossible ask, but if we are talking about optimistically, what we should do).

Kill runs should take many many minutes, if not hours, in my opinion. Being able to kill someone should be based on a better usage of resources, not how fast you can get people online at 11 oclock at night.

Those bots took people years of research and hours of programming to be what it is today. It was made by players for players to use. Also eewarbot is available for anyone to use and for alerts there are multiple platforms that have irc highlights. To just trough away the work that was put into them would be just silly.
This is a good point, although eewarbot is suspected of logging everything said in irc..
Do as I say, not as I do.

Doug Game profile

Dec 5th 2023, 12:22:35

Blackhole. Condense your messages into cliff notes and have them submitted to my office for approval or be paddled after class annnnnd you know me, I may enjoy it. Pith was never your strong suit was it? Derrick too lol. Paddle both of you. 🏏 ðŸĨĩ

Edited By: Doug on Dec 5th 2023, 13:28:34
Paradigm VP/Senator
My Discord: twink_attack
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.
His Discord: happytheexceed

BlackHole Game profile

Dec 5th 2023, 13:54:00

I will never conform, Doug. I come from the age of readers and writers, not the age of Idiocracy. I will accept my paddling with a smile on my face.

Doug Game profile

Dec 5th 2023, 13:58:49

I will never conform, Doug. I come from the age of readers and writers, not the age of Idiocracy. I will accept my paddling with a smile on my face.

Did you just call me an idiot? lol

Paddling will commence at 00:01 hours. Colin won’t let me do this will have to do! ðŸĪŠ

Edited By: Doug on Dec 5th 2023, 14:02:16
Paradigm VP/Senator

Doug Game profile

Dec 5th 2023, 13:59:19

See guys, he CAN be pithy! Told ya ðŸĨ°
Paradigm VP/Senator

BlackHole Game profile

Dec 5th 2023, 18:48:34

Originally posted by Doug:

Paddling will commence at 00:01 hours. Colin won’t let me do this will have to do! ðŸĪŠ

I didn't call you an idiot, I said you come from the age of Idiocracy! There were a few non-idiots that live in that age. You'd know that if you weren't an idiot! :P

Doug Game profile

Dec 5th 2023, 19:01:39

I didn't call you an idiot, I said you come from the age of Idiocracy! There were a few non-idiots that live in that age. You'd know that if you weren't an idiot! :P

Listen up you loud mouth heifer. You must like this paddling thing I have going on. I don’t know if I’m aroused or disturbed by this turn of events. ðŸĪ” :-)

Edited By: Doug on Dec 5th 2023, 19:07:15
Paradigm VP/Senator

BlackHole Game profile

Dec 5th 2023, 19:47:02

Por Que No Los Dos?!?

Doug Game profile

Dec 5th 2023, 20:09:34

Por Que No Los Dos?!?

Las nalgadas son asquerosas y Colin pediría el divorcio. Ademus probablemente hablarías más! ðŸĪĢ
Paradigm VP/Senator

Scourge Game profile

Dec 5th 2023, 21:21:11

"although eewarbot is suspected of logging everything said in irc"..

lol.. ok then

I probably have a fluffload of logs to clear out then before it fills up the server disk *rolls eyes*

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 15th 2023, 2:30:30

TTT since the same thing is still being said over and over in multiple places

Doug Game profile

Dec 15th 2023, 3:02:08

Originally posted by Primeval:

Shocked! Shocked I say!
Paradigm VP/Senator

Syko_Killa Game profile

Dec 15th 2023, 3:19:56

Agreed, I wish somebody would bring a fresh perspective, i'm tired of listening to broken records.
Do as I say, not as I do.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2023, 3:23:11

Por Que No Los Dos?!?

Blackhole coming out of the closet is Spanish.....who would of thought!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Anarchist Game profile

Dec 15th 2023, 11:23:10

Wheres the box of soap in the thread. Was it atleast irish springs?

farmer Game profile

Dec 15th 2023, 14:11:29

Solution? go back to dial up, 56 kbps max most of the time much slower. try killing fast with that

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Dec 15th 2023, 14:14:17

It’s here
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2023, 14:42:19

Originally posted by farmer:
Solution? go back to dial up, 56 kbps max most of the time much slower. try killing fast with that

I can't speak for 1a, but in FFA we did have fast kill runs even with dialup.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Doug Game profile

Dec 15th 2023, 15:44:22

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Por Que No Los Dos?!?

Blackhole coming out of the closet is Spanish.....who would have thought!

You’re bad lol 😂😂😂
Paradigm VP/Senator

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2023, 17:53:16

Por Que No Los Dos?!?

Blackhole coming out of the closet is Spanish.....who would have thought!

You’re bad lol 😂😂😂

I'm. Good observer 😜
(•_•)

Doug Game profile

Dec 16th 2023, 17:58:06

TTT to save Primeval time.
Paradigm VP/Senator

Doug Game profile

Dec 18th 2023, 16:11:35

Here. Prime gave you a place to bitzh and whine.
Paradigm VP/Senator

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 19th 2023, 17:07:46

Por Que No Los Dos?!?

Blackhole coming out of the closet is Spanish.....who would of thought!

Proof he is really Superfly!
HA!
;)

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 19th 2023, 17:10:30

It doesn't work. ðŸĪĶ

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.