Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 23rd 2024, 16:52:38

We plan to create a new netgaining clan-based server tentatively named the Cooperation server. On this server, it is not possible to attack or to perform harmful spy ops on player countries. Countries will start with 180 turns, will gain 1 turn every 24 minutes, and can hold a maximum of 240 (480) turns. Each reset will last around 2 months.

Clans will use team-style restrictions with a maximum of 100 countries per tag. Players cannot spend turns if they are untagged. Players cannot drop their tag or drop acres. Clan admins will have a configuration option that allows open access to the tag. New players could join a random tag which allows for clan joins without the tag password. NPC countries would use the latest code ("express style") and would not be able to get allies.

This game server will have a number of special rules:

* A tech point is worth 4 NW instead of 2 NW.
* Standing orders will be changed to make them more fair and to make market transfers more difficult.
* The warfare and SDI technologies will not be present
* Government switches will not remove bonuses
* Base military expenses for jets are $0.2
* Users will be able to specify how long goods remain on the public market

* Only SS and PS attacks are permitted.
* A country can only PS up to twice every calendar day. A country can still do SS attacks if it has done its daily PSes. It works in the same way as the spy op refresh system.
* Base attacking military losses for SS are 98%.
* The Dictatorship government loses 50% less units when attacking.
* The maximum standard benefit of medical tech is 50%.
* Medical tech reduces military losses from attacking.
* The minimum acres per grab is 1 instead of 10.
* There are no humanitarians range restrictions.
* GDI is not available.

* Research allies provide HALF the typical benefit to allied countries that have less than 20% of the TPT of the techer.
* Offensive ally military losses are impacted by their govt attacking military loss modifier and medical tech.
* Offensive ally military losses are not impacted by the SS penalty for attacking military losses.
* FA packages cannot be sent.

* The daily spy op limit per country is 50 for dictatorships and 10 for all other governments.
* All information ops are allowed against other players.
* Harmful ops will use the "express style" formulas.
* All types of ops are allowed against NPC countries.

The rule customizations attempt to drive late set public market demand, make landgrabbing an NPC country a meaningful and strategic choice, and to encourage players to tag up with like-minded players. A player could create their own tag and play by themself but they would be playing at a disadvantage. I'm not fully satisfied with the extra military loss mechanic and expect to replace it one day with a different system, but the loss mechanic system is relatively easy to create.

Please share any feedback or ideas that you have for the Cooperation server.

Edited By: Slagpit on Apr 24th 2024, 2:11:03

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2024, 17:57:27

That sounds great, that way people that don't like PvP have a place to hug trees and compete there.

Does this mean no clanGDI in 1a?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 23rd 2024, 18:59:46

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
That sounds great, that way people that don't like PvP have a place to hug trees and compete there.

Does this mean no clanGDI in 1a?

Not necessarily. I just made a post now on the alliance feedback thread. I would prefer to keep this announcements post focused on the new server as much as possible.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2024, 20:26:14

* Only SS attacks are permitted.
--> We should also be able to PS. Will bots join GDI? If so, also the ability to declare war.

* Attacking military losses increase by 1% for every 2 attacks that have been performed over the full round. For example, if a country has performed 200 attacks then they could lose 100% of what they sent on an attack.
--> I don't know how I feel about this kind of limit. For example, in 1a, I've already done 200 attacks. Does this mean that after let's say, 25-30 days, I am basically done grabbing?

g0nz0 Game profile

Mar 23rd 2024, 20:31:13

Originally posted by Requiem:

* Attacking military losses increase by 1% for every 2 attacks that have been performed over the full round. For example, if a country has performed 200 attacks then they could lose 100% of what they sent on an attack.
--> I don't know how I feel about this kind of limit. For example, in 1a, I've already done 200 attacks. Does this mean that after let's say, 25-30 days, I am basically done grabbing?

Not if you buy Med tech.
* Medical tech reduces attack military losses. The loss reduction is applied after the SS penalty is applied.

g0nz0 Game profile

Mar 23rd 2024, 20:46:38

Originally posted by Slagpit:
We plan to create a new netgaining clan-based server tentatively named the Cooperation server. On this server, it is not possible to attack or to perform harmful spy ops on player countries. Countries will start with 99 turns, will gain 1 turn every 24 minutes, and can hold a maximum of 240 (480) turns.

Clans will use team-style restrictions with a maximum of 100 countries per tag. Players cannot spend turns if they are untagged. Players cannot drop their tag, self delete, or drop acres. Clan admins will have a configuration option that allows open access to the tag. New players could join a random tag which allows for clan joins without the tag password. NPC countries would use the latest code ("express style") and would not be able to get allies.

* Medical tech reduces attack military losses. The loss reduction is applied after the SS penalty is applied.
* Attacks do not provide ghost acres.
* One barrel of oil will support 15 jets or tanks. Troops do not use oil.

* Research allies provide double the typical benefit to allied countries that have less than 10% of the TPT of the techer.
* Offensive ally military losses are impacted by their govt modifier, weapons tech, and medical tech.
* Offensive ally military losses are not impacted by the SS penalty for either country.

* The daily spy op limit per country is 5.

The rule customizations attempt to drive late set public market demand, make landgrabbing an NPC country a meaningful and strategic choice, and to encourage players to tag up with like-minded players. A player could create their own tag and play by themself but they would be playing at a disadvantage. I'm not fully satisfied with the extra military loss mechanic and expect to replace it one day with a different system, but the loss mechanic system is relatively easy to create.

*Players cant drop acres.
Why?

Why?

Why?

*Troops do not use oil.

Would this lead to all troop grabbing and a shift in markets from jet to troop monopoly? Loss of oil market.

Why?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 23rd 2024, 20:50:45

Originally posted by Requiem:
--> We should also be able to PS. Will bots join GDI? If so, also the ability to declare war.

Some players may choose to make that decision, but I don't expect everyone to do that. When it comes to grabbing on this new server, it only comes down to making the effort and the expected economic benefit of doing a grab. If a grab is still worth doing even with 100% jet loss, why not do it? Further, there are countermeasures to jet loss. Consider a defending country with 1 M turrets of defense:

*An attacker with no tech and no offensive allies might send 1 M jets. They would lose 1 M jets if they have already done 200 attacks.
*An attacker with 125% weapons tech, 85% medical tech, and full offensive ally support might send 400k jets. They would lose 340k jets and their offensive allies would lose significantly less even if they have already done 200 attacks.

As I said before, I want grabbing to be a meaningful choice, I want to drive late public market demand, and I want to encourage players to tag up and work together. The jet loss mechanic does all three of those, but I admit it isn't the best possible system.

Edited By: Slagpit on Mar 23rd 2024, 20:58:37

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 23rd 2024, 20:57:44

Originally posted by g0nz0:
We plan to create a new netgaining clan-based server tentatively named the Cooperation server. On this server, it is not possible to attack or to perform harmful spy ops on player countries. Countries will start with 99 turns, will gain 1 turn every 24 minutes, and can hold a maximum of 240 (480) turns.

Clans will use team-style restrictions with a maximum of 100 countries per tag. Players cannot spend turns if they are untagged. Players cannot drop their tag, self delete, or drop acres. Clan admins will have a configuration option that allows open access to the tag. New players could join a random tag which allows for clan joins without the tag password. NPC countries would use the latest code ("express style") and would not be able to get allies.

* One barrel of oil will support 15 jets or tanks. Troops do not use oil.

* Research allies provide double the typical benefit to allied countries that have less than 10% of the TPT of the techer.
* Offensive ally military losses are impacted by their govt modifier, weapons tech, and medical tech.
* Offensive ally military losses are not impacted by the SS penalty for either country.

*Players cant drop acres.
Why?

Why?

Why?

*Troops do not use oil.

Would this lead to all troop grabbing and a shift in markets from jet to troop monopoly? Loss of oil market.

Why?

Players cannot drop acres to prevent the extremely low acreage TMBR destock method.

Tech is 4 NW per point to buff techers and to hopefully take a bit of pressure off of the bushel market while many countries are stocking.

Ghost acres are a system designed to make players feel less bad after trading landgrabs with each other. Attacks only go one way on this server so there's no need for that. Furthermore, I'm generally in favor of reining in the extreme inflation that we've seen in land and NWs.

A jet still has double the offensive power of a troop so it's still cheaper to grab with jets than troops in most cases. If a troop doesn't use oil then it will be less costly to grab when both the private and public market are empty of jets.

The daily spy op limit is 5 to encourage players to tag up and work together.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2024, 19:43:35

I feel like removing the TMBR destock removes some QOL gameplay. I don't want to have to spend a ton of time camping the market to jump.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2024, 19:46:33

But I guess SOs might help with that on second thought.

Duff Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2024, 19:59:39

sounds interesting will have to see how it works in theory.

AndrewMose Game profile

Mar 26th 2024, 12:18:24

this sounds like a fun new server. I'm not smart enough to figure out how all of the changes will combine together, but if this is easy enough to build it certainly would be interesting to see how it all works out. I wouldn't vilify the TMBR - oil destock method too much though...without it the value of the oil resource will drop significantly and the entire oiler strategy go away. I think there are more subtle ways to make the FFO->TMBR pattern more equitable with casher, techer, indy.

table4two Game profile

Mar 28th 2024, 1:01:39

Originally posted by AndrewMose:
this sounds like a fun new server. I'm not smart enough to figure out how all of the changes will combine together, but if this is easy enough to build it certainly would be interesting to see how it all works out. I wouldn't vilify the TMBR - oil destock method too much though...without it the value of the oil resource will drop significantly and the entire oiler strategy go away. I think there are more subtle ways to make the FFO->TMBR pattern more equitable with casher, techer, indy.

Yeah I agree with Andrew and others re retaining the ability to drop land. I imagine many are like me, who don't have much free time, so anything that makes playing the game less time intensive is encouraged. The ability to oil destock is definitely one of these.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2024, 4:00:10

I don't think that type of change is much of a deal breaker or really impact QoL. I'd argue the dropping land was always a bug / oversight, but even if we ignore that: oil still has it's value, it would just balance out (likely at some lower price point) for the benefits. And with the recent expenses changes, if people are shooting for the 700M range instead of 1.4B, most governments would be able to compete by a mix of private and public markets - you just might have to decide if it's more beneficial to destock off the private a few days earlier or play turns without expenses and buy oil or gamble on the public. That's not so bad.

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2024, 0:23:48

Rather have Pang back...

Edited By: Shweezy on Mar 30th 2024, 0:26:49
Catch me on ir c

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2024, 0:24:47

Originally posted by Shweezy:
So if 1a is already dying, you want to split that server to net or war, just say you dont want LaF to net with a threat.

Im sure your new servers will THRIVE

Most likely, thanks for the dagger
Catch me on ir c

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 30th 2024, 11:29:29

Originally posted by Shweezy:
Rather have Pang back...

Pang is active.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 7th 2024, 17:07:23

I updated the post with changes. Most of them have to do with the new attack mechanics.

NitelL Game profile

Apr 18th 2024, 18:34:15

Server's a great idea overall! Brand new rules means needing to think about strategy again - this reminds me of the last time you made changes to Express, and many came back to try to figure out what the best strategy is for winning. These things bring life back to Earth!

At first glance, it seems these new rules are all about the economic value of the land gain (production over remaining turns in the set), vs the cost of acquiring the land (military losses primarily).

* Only SS and PS attacks are permitted.
* A country can only PS up to twice every calendar day. A country can still do SS attacks if it has done its daily PSes. It works in the same way as the spy op refresh system.
* Base attacking military losses for SS are 99% except for the Dictatorship government which has 50%.
* The maximum standard benefit of medical tech is 50%.
* Medical tech reduces military losses from attacking.

What's the military loss for PS?