Verified:

Helmet Game profile

Jan 30th 2011, 22:12:48

die!

mrford Game profile

Jan 30th 2011, 22:21:42

Originally posted by anoniem:
aponic, that still doesn't take away the fact that there seem to be quite a few threads that call evo out about something menial.

i mean it's pretty lame to claim that we do buyouts and send foreign aid to claim top 10 when there is no proof, not to mention nobody would even consider doing it.

Everybody gets riled up at certain points over differing opinions; however I'm not sure why I should be chastised for stating what I feel. Most of the responses I get are childish and quite frankly make me think what is the point playing in this 'community'. I get far more satisfaction playing on the solo servers where I am not constantly threatened, because my view does not coincide with another's. What I say is not binding and I represent myself.

If it made people happier I won't have an opinion from now on. It's not like I get any satisfaction posting here anyway.

a simpler solution would be to stop posting on and/or reading the boards. If you can't take it then don't participate. There are tons of alliance players that don't post on or read these boards. They arnt crying that the people here are too mean.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 30th 2011, 23:02:08

That's just it, mrford...

Ivan keeps threatening anoniem's alliance everytime anoniem defends himself and his alliance against accusations made against his alliance in this thread...effectively forcing anoniem off the boards anyways.

IMO, saying that you'll change policy towards another alliance because of things said on a public forum just shows how immature a person really is.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Helmet Game profile

Jan 30th 2011, 23:25:46

lol

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 0:10:56

NukEvil I think you're making Evo's situation worse

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jan 31st 2011, 0:26:55

NukEvil, it depends. If the things said are along the lines of "you keep accusing us of FAing our countries and claiming you don't but here's proof you do" then yes, it is immature ;)
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Chevs

Jan 31st 2011, 0:59:47

I thought the point was dont talk s**t on AT if you aren't prepared to back it up with war but maybe i missed something
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Thomas Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 1:10:57

Just make FA packages in the news and the beneficiaries of goods sold a certain mark known.

If Mil Strat is sold for $7000 due to a buyout, highlight the countries benefiting from it.

Makes it easier to determine who was legit and who wasn't.

mrford Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 1:13:35

Or play on a solo server if you want "legit"

hate to break it to you but pacts and tag protection also contribute to NW on your fat ass countries
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

locket Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 1:15:30

Ugg. Ford you are intentionally being an idiot there.

Jan 31st 2011, 1:46:57

Solo servers also have a high amount of suiciders out to screw the top country any way they can.

mrford Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 1:58:55

So would this server if there wernt teams dedicated to killing suiciders

clan protection!

All sayin is, you wanna call aided finishes "unlegit" then by that logic your 40k acre countries protected by nothing more than tag protection would be just as unlegit IMO.

You can't have one limitation and not the other just because it suits your perticular style of play.

I could care less about netting and "legit countries" because I don't do it. I'm just sayin
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 2:00:22

ford has a point that should be considered.

Jan 31st 2011, 2:04:13

No he doesn't, since virtually everyone has tag protection against suiciders, and the larger the alliance to be able to kill suiciders off, the more they attract. It's flawed logic.

mrford Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 2:15:37

Hardly. It's an alliance game. Some tags have horrible suicider kill teams.

You are benefitting from being in a organized and well established alliance while they don't get the same. You have an unfair advantage!

Look, my logic is, it's an alliance server. It's a team sport now! If one clan wants to fluff all over their ANW in order to throw a few into the top 10 then let them. If you don't like it, then FS them.

In no way is it against the rules and therefore, on no way should an astrick be placed by their country. Are you that insecure that you have to have the ones that had help from their team identified just because they beat you?

Get your alliance to help you then.

Other than that, you would have to change the rules, and I would not suggest doing that.

If you want to prove that you are an elitenetter join one of the solo servers that bar any teamwork whatsoever. OMFG I have to run defence there! Guess what, so does everyone else. It's as close as you can get to level field.

But ofc that isn't good enough because not enough people pay attention to the solo server scores to stroke our ego. Am I close there?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

anoniem Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 2:22:41

Primary has 400 more players than alliance server, so by that I'd assume that there are more people to stroke one's 'ego'.
re(ally)tired

mrford Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 2:24:43

And primary's forum is SOOOOO active

I can always count on you to pick out my least relevant point and try to pick it apart. However poor your attempt.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 2:57:04

Originally posted by Chevs:
I thought the point was dont talk s**t on AT if you aren't prepared to back it up with war but maybe i missed something

Yep...you definitely missed something.

And mrford, your recent posts aren't even worth the energy it would take for me to quote them. Suffice to say that trolling isn't one of your strengths here.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

mrford Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 3:01:23

If I was trolling, I wouldn't of written out such lenghty responces.

No, I think that your comets bias and ignorance propells you to dismiss my valid argument as trolling and to move on.

Quite an effective debate strategy you have goog there. "you are stupid, I don't agree with what you say, therefore you are trolling!"

pitiful Nuke, I expected better out of you.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

anoniem Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 3:06:26

The fact that you correlate forum activity (spouting incoherent rhetoric) to in-game accolade is silly.

Also you concluded your argument with that same 'least relevant' point.
re(ally)tired

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 3:06:53

*shrugs*

May want to work on your spelling as well. Just saying.

Ozzite Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 3:08:49

hey ano, remember GNV? good times :-P

just wanted to drop by and tell yall mrford is the king of the trolls, best thing to do is ignore him.

good hunting
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

mrford Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 3:10:46

OMFG your points are invalid because you post from a autocorrecting iPod and don't give a fluff about editing!

Another classic Nuke debate tatic

Anon: where else would it be discussed? There are no primary clan boards. If you don't keep the same country name no one knows who played that country.

I guess with the new stat feature it is more open, but you know what I mean.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

diez Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 3:26:32

Is LT finally going to not screw up his destock?

:p

Goodluck man, I'm sick of seeing FAed people/ppl with landfarms talk up their netting ability.

mrford Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 3:37:17

Bottom line, at it's core my point is that this is an alliance server.

pretty much none of you can dispute that because a good number of you argue this when untag rights come up.

You use your alliance for:
allies, including teh leeching and what not
suicider protection
tag protection through pacts and dedicated retallers
FA teams that fight for reps if/when you are done wrong

All of these points help you in every imaginable way netting. This is an alliance server, correct? So there is nothing wrong with any of this.

Now that that is established, you are trying to put a limit on the level of an alliance server it is. You can use your alliance for EVERYTHING except FA packages and market buyouts?

Is it an alliance server or not? If it is a true alliance server, and it isn't against the set rules for the server, it should be allowed, correct?

Is there distinctions on the scores lists wether you were All-X? What about if you tech leeched? How about if you farmed untags and small clans relentesly and your clan killed that untag because he retalled in an "unacceptable maner" therefore eleminating the threat and you didn't have to waste a turn

there isn't, all of these scenarios help you increase your networth. You can run low defense countries all set long if you wanted to correct?

So why can't a clan put the extra effort into projecting a member or two into the top 10? Is it because you just don't like it? It sure isn't because it is against the rules, because it isn't. Farming untags to get 50k acres and not getting retalled because you have tag protection is pretty extreme as well, but it isn't against the rules either. I havnt seen anyone push for astrick next to those coutries.

So my question is, why do you get to look down on them, and call their finishes "unlegit" just because you don't agree with that style of play? What if they don't agree with hitting the same untag 30 times a day for a entire set? Do they get to call your finish unlegit?

All I'm trying to say is don't sit there and look down a these people for working together to put a country into the top 10 when you benefit greatly from your clan as well. The only difference is they used their ALLIANCE in an ALLIANCE server a little more extensively to finish up high. It isn't a single persons coutry at that point in time, it is a country with that alliances tag in the top 10 and everyone who helped that coutry get there was a part of that top 10

I really don't care either way, I am playing the devils advocate here and arguing against the grain because you all seem to be too stubborn to even attempt to see the other side. You will argue that it wasn't a solo effort. Well, it wasn't, but it was done on an alliance server, as an alliance wide effort

I see nothing wrong at all about that.

Edited By: mrford on Jan 31st 2011, 4:07:04. Reason: edited some for Nuke
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 3:48:36

So I think the top 10 will be $150m, top 25 will be $120mil, and top 100 will be somewhere around $75 mil.

Any more guesses?

highrock Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 4:37:18

Originally posted by mrford:

pretty much none of you can dispute that because a good number of you argue this when untag rights come up.

suicider protection

All of these points help you in every imaginable way netting. This is an alliance server, correct? So there is nothing wrong with any of this.

Now that that is established, you are trying to put a limit on the level of an alliance server it is. You can use your alliance for EVERYTHING except FA packages and market buyouts?

Is it an alliance server or not? If it is a true alliance server, and it isn't against the set rules for the server, it should be allowed, correct?

Is there distinctions on the scores lists wether you were All-X? What about if you tech leeched? How about if you farmed untags and small clans relentesly and your clan killed that untag because he retalled in an "unacceptable maner" therefore eleminating the threat and you didn't have to waste a turn

there isn't, all of these scenarios help you increase your networth. You can run low defense countries all set long if you wanted to correct?

So why can't a clan put the extra effort into projecting a member or two into the top 10? Is it because you just don't like it? It sure isn't because it is against the rules, because it isn't. Farming untags to get 50k acres and not getting retalled because you have tag protection is pretty extreme as well, but it isn't against the rules either. I havnt seen anyone push for astrick next to those coutries.

So my question is, why do you get to look down on them, and call their finishes "unlegit" just because you don't agree with that style of play? What if they don't agree with hitting the same untag 30 times a day for a entire set? Do they get to call your finish unlegit?

All I'm trying to say is don't sit there and look down a these people for working together to put a country into the top 10 when you benefit greatly from your clan as well. The only difference is they used their ALLIANCE in an ALLIANCE server a little more extensively to finish up high. It isn't a single persons coutry at that point in time, it is a country with that alliances tag in the top 10 and everyone who helped that coutry get there was a part of that top 10

I really don't care either way, I am playing the devils advocate here and arguing against the grain because you all seem to be too stubborn to even attempt to see the other side. You will argue that it wasn't a solo effort. Well, it wasn't, but it was done on an alliance server, as an alliance wide effort

i've posted this before but i think the way you define alliance is not the right way. As long as any action you take benefits yourself and other alliance members without sacrificing the NW of other alliance members, then it should be legit. Otherwise it's not.

So the following should be legit:

-tech allies: mutually beneficial
-suicider protection: mutually beneficial
-tag protection: mutually beneficial
-FA teams that fight for reps: mutually beneficial
-bushel clearing: beneficial for most, not harmful for others

The following should not be considered legit:

-landfarming your own alliance: hurts one or more country for the sake of another country (an exception can possibly be made for countries that are about to leave/quit)
-buyouts: hurts countries doing the buyouts
-FA: countries sacrificing their finish for others
-GSing into DR: wasted turns for those GSing
formerly Viola MD

Raf Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 4:38:07

Lol I find myself agreeing with Mrford

I will be seeing a doctor tomorrow.
+RAF

mrford Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 5:15:26

Highrock:

"-buyouts: hurts countries doing the buyouts
-GSing into DR: wasted turns for those GSing"

I would argue that having a dedicated kill team hurts your country if you are a part of that kill team. Killing anything hurts your chance of finishing well. I understand what you are trying to say, but your line of logic says that anything that doesn't benefit both parties should not be legit. Killteams benefit a large number of people, possibly the entire clan, but the members of said team do not benefit whatsoever. It can be argued that it is by choice, but that arument can also be used for buyouts and/or FA

Edit: almost forgot about rep countries! Plenty of times I have ran a rep country and was on the killteam. I benefitted in no way whatsever by paying reps for my alliance mates, they benefitted greatly. Should runnig a rep country be illegal? Should everyone have to pay their own reps? That defeats the poit of an alliance!

Like I said, u have some good points, but your logic is almost self defeating in some points. Even with all that aside, why should it not be legit for someone to be selfless and give up NW for their alliance? I see that as being more of an alliance atmosphere than "only do it if it benefits both parties" that sounds more of an agreement than an alliance, but we are getting into symantics at that point.

But what do I know, apparently I'm just a silly little troll

Edited By: mrford on Jan 31st 2011, 5:27:30
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Jan 31st 2011, 6:00:42

Originally posted by diez:
Is LT finally going to not screw up his destock?

:p

Goodluck man, I'm sick of seeing FAed people/ppl with landfarms talk up their netting ability.

Well, I won't finish 1st that's for sure.. should finish 215-220m net, over 150m now with 15.5b cash remaining. Won't beat what I believe was your farmer last set.. although I should've. :-p Started my destock a bit late and had to buy 20m off of public, and also forgot to undec war for the duration of stocking, lost another few M net.

achan Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 9:01:02

You can put a SancT country in the top 10 too.

I should finish at about 195mill nw

unless top 10 cutoff will be higher :p

Prodde Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 12:07:10

Originally posted by highrock:
Originally posted by mrford:

suicider protection

i've posted this before but i think the way you define alliance is not the right way. As long as any action you take benefits yourself and other alliance members without sacrificing the NW of other alliance members, then it should be legit. Otherwise it's not.

So the following should be legit:

-tech allies: mutually beneficial
-suicider protection: mutually beneficial
-tag protection: mutually beneficial
-FA teams that fight for reps: mutually beneficial
-bushel clearing: beneficial for most, not harmful for others

The following should not be considered legit:

-landfarming your own alliance: hurts one or more country for the sake of another country (an exception can possibly be made for countries that are about to leave/quit)
-buyouts: hurts countries doing the buyouts
-GSing into DR: wasted turns for those GSing

So i assume LGing an untagged or a smaller alliance that are unable to retal should count as not legit as it only benefits one country then?

zygotic Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 12:15:40

Tag - INERTIA
Pass - Episonic

Join the rebellion

locket Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 12:19:28

Nuk I hope to heck you are right about top 25 :P

locket Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 12:21:21

Oh and Nuk...im sad now because thats what they are already at so no way will they end there :P

Rufus Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 12:47:35

Originally posted by NukEvil:
So I think the top 10 will be $150m, top 25 will be $120mil, and top 100 will be somewhere around $75 mil.

Any more guesses?
Hmm, unless the set unexpectedly ends right now and not in 60 hours, those numbers are already met... Do you know something we don't know? :P
I am John Galt.

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 13:00:04

Not really; I was just trying to get the thread back on topic.

locket Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 13:18:28

Ok well maybe 135-145 for top 25 is my guess. Top 10 i dunno :P Too many cheat0rz up there

Helmet Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 13:27:49

Looks to me like 160-165M for top ten. I probably would have made top ten if not for some of the stuff going on, but I don't really care. I've always expected buyouts/self farming etc. to put someone else past me so I'm never surprised when it happens. :P That's my expectation of the alliance game I should say, not the other servers. No biggy.

SMz Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 14:29:35

LT - you screwed up you jump big time me thinks =]

SMz Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 14:31:22

oh and for the record , before ppl start accusing at end of set , im #102 , I did not get FA'ed , i droped 750m bushels for 54 , you do the math =]

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 14:58:56

SMz cheated! I know it!!! lol... anyways it looks like I'll make the t100, heh, I was worried for a second=)

Chevs

Jan 31st 2011, 15:15:19

related question, whats the highest NW for an untagged on this server ever? Bobby will you take the crown?
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

SolidSnake Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 15:43:28

he probably will for a country that was untagged all reset, although i would suggest his competition probably finished at about 5m nw or so....

Corfu Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 16:19:57

Originally posted by Corfu:
Chevs - EVO doesn't do buyouts or FA chains.

I would think top 10 cutoff will be around 185 million.

I'm standing by my original prediction. LOTS of good countries out there that are not yet done destocking.

Chevs

Jan 31st 2011, 16:39:57

i wanna know who had that 300m+ bushel standing order for 53 dollars
SOF Head Of Poop

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jan 31st 2011, 19:15:56

Originally posted by SMz:
oh and for the record , before ppl start accusing at end of set , im #102 , I did not get FA'ed , i droped 750m bushels for 54 , you do the math =]

Umm you're not being accused of FA, you're being accused of (and are guilty of) farming your alliance-mate, probably a friend whose only purpose was to run a landfarm for you or a multi. And this friend/ multi was soon deleted.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Ivan Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 20:36:01

wasnt any multis go a head and ask the mods like i said before, and i doubt that hes the only one this set or last set that hit someone who was bout to quit

locket Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 21:39:08

Ivan I have heard some damn good proof it was indeed a multi but meh. And smz you arent legit either way so enjoy your fake top 10

highrock Game profile

Jan 31st 2011, 21:40:33

Originally posted by Chevs:
i wanna know who had that 300m+ bushel standing order for 53 dollars

haha probably somebody who was trying to make a profit by reselling bushels throughout the set. i tried doing this last reset, but it got way too tedious as my stock grew bigger.
formerly Viola MD