Verified:

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 23rd 2011, 20:11:44

Alliance server has entertained the idea of creating and introducing bot countries over there.

http://forums.earthempires.com/...z=should-we-add-some-bots

This was my favorite response:

Originally posted by locket:
yes so we can stop this retarded land trade going on

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 20:15:14

Yeah, damn landgrabbing, people should just share their land :P
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Juusto Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 20:32:30

all what you need to do is figure out when they run those bot countries and farm them before others hit them :D
FFA: PANLV
MSN:

Popcom Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 20:36:13

i suggested this like 6m ago, and fairly sure the admins flamed me mercilessly...
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Ozzite Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 20:46:11

this has been being seriously considered for a while and I think is an interesting idea. I think it should be introduced in separate servers first tho. I think the bots should also be hard to break, able to retal, or both
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Dragon Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 20:50:24

If they're too hard to break, or retal too well, the end result is that small tags will still get farmed and self farming will continue.

It would be better to set a land cap of, say, 50K acres and bump up explore rates.

Whether it's via self farming, farming the weak, or farming bots, the common denominator here is he who has the most land wins, and until that playing field is leveled, no measure will be satisfactory.

Ozzite Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 20:54:04

what is the problem with the person who has the most land wins? How would you like the game to work? You stick your penis into the USB drive and then the game chooses a random number and that is your rank? I suppose that would level the playing field.

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 20:57:07

Originally posted by Dragon:
If they're too hard to break, or retal too well, the end result is that small tags will still get farmed and self farming will continue.

Incorrect.

Although the sole example is in your favor was when Sanct first came to FFA, as netters. They farmed the hell outta Jam. Who then declared war on Sanct, and shortly after Swords and BSS joined in Jam's defense.

Ignoring the whole issue of war clans coming to the defense of small tags getting farmed by netters, how many small tags actually do get farmed?

Hrock for example.... SAS maybe? The two most notable netting single tags, amidst many others...
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Dragon Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 20:59:08

I guess it boils down to philosophy. Myself, I personally don't give a rat's ass who wins FFA or how they do it so long as it doesn't violate the rules.

I personally don't care how much land a player accrues, but you can't be serious in saying that a self farmer who accumulates half a million acres is somehow deserving of the title of Best Netgainer.

Ozzite Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 21:06:04

under the given rules of the game, yes you can say they are the best netgainer. Under the rules you imagine in your mind, maybe they aren't. What makes someone a good netgainer, getting the most networth? This is a server where you can play 16 countries, if you don't use them to benefit each other you should be playing another server. The point isn't to see how well you can play 16 countries at the same time independently. YEah it is cool to have all your countries attain a reasonably high NW, but if you don't go for #1 and you are a netgainer...you are doing it wrong :-P

Dragon Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 21:08:18

Originally posted by Kill4Free:
Incorrect.

Although the sole example is in your favor was when Sanct first came to FFA, as netters. They farmed the hell outta Jam. Who then declared war on Sanct, and shortly after Swords and BSS joined in Jam's defense.

Ignoring the whole issue of war clans coming to the defense of small tags getting farmed by netters, how many small tags actually do get farmed?

So what do you think will happen if bot countries are too hard to break, or retal too well? You and I both know that they'll either just be kill targets, or will be left alone and serve no useful purpose.

Now, to take this a step further, I didn't see NBK step up and speak out against IMP when they farmed ESD at the beginning of this set.

I should certainly think that I would qualify as a "small tag" and whether you like me or not, if you claim to be acting on principle, then you certainly shouldn't let personal feelings stand in the way of doing what's right.

Hrock for example.... SAS maybe? The two most notable netting single tags, amidst many others...

Your bias is amazingly transparent. If you think for a minute that either of those guys are "most notable" .........

Ozzite Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 21:09:33

if they are harder to break, maybe people won't be able to farm them and will nee to PS them.....or work for it.....

Dragon Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 21:10:19

Originally posted by Ozzite:
YEah it is cool to have all your countries attain a reasonably high NW, but if you don't go for #1 and you are a netgainer...you are doing it wrong :-P

And that's exacty what I said. Philosophy. You think it's "doing it wrong" if I don't do whatever I have to to have the top country on the server and I think that if my 16 beat your 16 in TNW and ANW, I'm better.