Verified:

mrford Game profile

Mar 1st 2011, 18:33:00

http://news.gather.com/...articleId=281474979099109

his funeral is today, right now as I post this actually.

My mom told me about this and I looked it up. He was a SWAT member for 23 uears so he was no stranger to the equipment.

Apparently he was conducting a routine safety check on his SWAT gear at his home when a supposedly non-lethal flashbang grenade went off killing him shortly after arriving at the hospital. Not many details have been released about this that I have found and I'm sure a full investigation is being launched, but I find it weird.

He's being burried next to the 2 CMPD officers that were executed on the job a few years back. In the same cemetary that 90% of my family is buried oddly enough.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NOW3P Game profile

Mar 1st 2011, 20:04:40

Defective unit?

I can't imagine a guy who'd been playing with those toys for 23 yrs was overly likely to make a foolish mistake.

ZDH Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 0:06:31

Don't pull the pin...unless your going to throw it.
-BigZ

mrford Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 1:02:05

after 23 years on SWAT, im thinking he knew that. He was months from full retirement.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Forgotten

Mar 3rd 2011, 19:12:53

possible suicide? I'm not saying it is, but pressure is there and he was going to have to retire, away from a career he loved for 23 years, and worked for it even longer.

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 19:42:58

how often do y'all execute CMPD officers? and why is an honorable veteran who died by accident being buried near them?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Forgotten

Mar 3rd 2011, 20:05:17

i'm pretty sure it's two CMPD officers that got executed by the guys holding them hostage? that's what a SWAT was needed?

durrrrrrr
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

mrford Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 20:23:56

no, 2 CMPD officers were shot in the back by some crazy guy that thought they were after him when in fact they didn't even know he was in the area.

The killer walked up to them when they were heading back to their cars after resolving a unrelated disturbance call approximately at 11:30pm on March 31st 2007. After talking for a bit the 2 officers turned to walk away. The perp then shot both of them fatally in the back like the coward he is. hence i said executed.

Officer Sean Clark and Officer Jeffrey Shelton were their names. Their killer was recently convicted of 2 counts of first degree murder i believe.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 20:38:21

ahh, i see, they were simply killed in the line of duty... they weren't executed by the state because they were corrupt officers stealing money or abusing their positions...
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.