Verified:

mrford Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 22:42:33

They have actually launched ground attack sorties and are the first to send MANNED aircraft into the newly declared No-Fly zone! Rumor has it that they are even committing one of their Aircraft carriers to the coalition.

Rumor has it Gadaffi is already awaiting France's imminent surrender.

On the reals though, France is launching manned fighter sorties and a selection of US surface and subsurface (2 Arleigh Burke class DDGs and 2 688i class subs) along with one UK subsurface warships have launched 112 TLAMs at intigrated air defense targets along Libya's coast. Some were even the new advanced TLAM

I lost count how many times Obama has proclaimed that the US will not be sending ground troops in. The US is supposedly using their unique capabilities to open up the airspace for mass manned enforcement of the newly declared no fly zone. France and the UK is supposedly heading the international diplomatic talks in an attempt to downplay the US's sizable involvement.

USA, Canada, England, France, Qatar, and the UAE have already committed to the coalition with more expected to make the announcment soon.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 19th 2011, 22:44:05

lol french surrender joke
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Evolution Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 22:59:08

Unfortunately Australia's aircraft carriers and subs are having problems functioning because we bought them from the US.

So far the stats are: Gadaffi vs UFE

Gadaffi 1 attack / 0 missiles
US/France/England/ 15 attacks / 110 missiles

Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 23:37:19

Here is our chance. Quick, shoot down all the French war planes violating the no fly zone!

Rumor has it, the Poland also sent in a sub manned by 26 people. Unfortunately, they all drowned due to the fact that a sandwich cannot float.

Rumor has it, Gadaffi has captured the French President! He was hiding in the same spider hole that the US found Saddam Hussein in.

Rumor has it, one UK subsurface warship has been sunk! It was due to "friendly fire". Sorry bout that.

Rumor has it, Reinforcements have been sent in from Egypt. They are sending in a 2,000 man Camel Charge, armed only with machetes. They should arrive by Christmas.

Rumor has it, Due to new findings of large oil reserves, the USA will liberate Canada after freeing the people of Lybia.

I hope you all have enjoyed these rumors. They were all based on facts (these countries really do exist).
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 23:40:33

Seriously, is the US going to send in ground troops? I know Obama said we were not- but seriously, who believes him any more?
I shall fear no retals,

Foobooy Evolution Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 23:54:09

Obama waited until Gadaffi made a come back before being called in by the rebel alliance. US for the FS!

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 23:57:44

Yes, nothing smarter for a military to do that give up 2/3rds of your ground before you start the fight. Im sure everyone likes to pay twice for the same ground- especially when it is in blood. Ya, real smart.

Had he hit them from the start with missles- ok. At this point i think the US should stay out of it. We have nothing to gain. At the end of the day, even if we liberate the rebels, they will still hate the US and want to kill us. It is dumb what he is doing and how.
I shall fear no retals,

Mar 19th 2011, 23:59:15

We'll never know how many rebels died in the unneeded counter attack.

I'm surprised Gadaffi hasn't pulled a Saddam and put civies all over his air defense sites.

Kyatoru Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 0:05:52

I really wonder what Libya is going to do with the Eifel Tower once France surrenders...
+Kya

Junky Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 0:38:28

Rumor has it.. that the missiles were loaded with papers with terms that France would hope be agreeable for their surrender... half their wine stock, imported cheese they could get from surrounding countries, and all of their women..
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

joe2 Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 1:56:16

Originally posted by Foobooy Evolution:

I'm surprised Gadaffi hasn't pulled a Saddam and put civies all over his air defense sites.

Pretty sure they had civilians headed to the airports and other sites that would be targeted already :P.

Also judging by how slow the US acted and how Gadaffi responed to obama specifically I would assume that we were playing both sides of the fence. Only after everyone else yelled that we werent doing enough did Obama decide to support the rebels. (Thats just what it seems like to me, not based on anything factual)

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 2:15:03

Playing both sides of the fence is something he is a master at. The problem is in the long wrong all you wind up with is a torn crotch in your jeans.
I shall fear no retals,

ZDH Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 3:20:59

interesting...

bombs away.
-BigZ

ghall Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 11:46:07

Yeah I thought obama said we would assist in sending planes and etc. but he said there will be no ground troops.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 20th 2011, 12:23:07

I still would like to know where this famed "Lybia" is.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 20th 2011, 12:23:49

I would also like to try that mysterious Franch toast
:)
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

ZDH Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 12:25:23

Did you guys see the report where they talked about Gudaffi's letter to Obama saying stuff like "You are my son" and fluff like that lol.
-BigZ

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 13:16:00

Ya, i was shocked to see the part where he called Obama "my own flesh and blood". How are they related?
I shall fear no retals,

Lobo Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 13:58:59

Hmmm have to agree with Ron Paul on this one. In fact on his entire FA stance.
http://www.youtube.com/...ure=player_embedded#at=20

even better...no offence to those that serve...long line in my family are military.
http://www.youtube.com/...p;feature=player_embedded
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 15:15:00

That even better video is dumb. All he is trying to do is make our country weak. He is wrong. If all his concerns are unfounded he says nothing will happen. Well, thats not always right. We could strip all our forces down to nothing and keep out of the rest of the world and i promise you we would be invaded and taken over. There are other countries who do not have what we have. As long as that is the case we need strong deff.
I shall fear no retals,

Mar 20th 2011, 18:53:51

Roger that Deerhunter.

I like Ron Paul, up to the water's edge, then off the cliff he goes.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 19:16:25

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
That even better video is dumb. All he is trying to do is make our country weak. He is wrong. If all his concerns are unfounded he says nothing will happen. Well, thats not always right. We could strip all our forces down to nothing and keep out of the rest of the world and i promise you we would be invaded and taken over. There are other countries who do not have what we have. As long as that is the case we need strong deff.

dude, please... 40% of the population is a bunch of fat cows that need heavy equipment to get them to the drive-thru window. weak? heck, if they don't eat 1/2 a cow a day, they can barely raise a finger to flip you off...
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 20:38:09

LMFAO Dibs- is that why people in the US live longer than other countries? I guess its because we are all fat and our health care system is broken. Ya, that must be why we are living longer. NOT!
I shall fear no retals,

mrford Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 20:42:51

ppl in the US do not, in general, live longer than other advanced countries.

look up the stats for yourself.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Mar 20th 2011, 20:51:01

LOL, that's the wrong thing to say to me. i think you should drop dead at 65 and quit being a drain on society if you can't pay your own way anymore. great, the fat cows have found a way to suck all the money out of society so they can get a few more years of breathing done even if a machine has to do it for them.

i am clinging to life by the thread of a hair out of a dog's ass, i have no legitimate function in life anymore because of dementia. i am consuming 1000x the amount of resources that it would take a baby sealed in an incubator to consume... but i will Huff And Puff until the very last of my grand children's future is entirely burnt away because we have the technology to keep me breathing.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 20th 2011, 20:53:34

based on the CIA world fact book, the US is ranked 50th at a life expectancy of 78.11
for general reference

Canada is 81.23
Australia is 81.63
UK is 79.01
Sweden is 80.9
Mexico is 76.06
China is about 73

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Mar 20th 2011, 21:03:39

gadzooks, do you even watch the news? if you live long enough you end up getting sexually molested and beaten to death by somebody 1/4 to 1/3 your dang age. assuming that a hurricane doesn't drown your butt because they didn't think it was important enough to drag your butt out of the retirement community.

Nekked Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 21:09:47

pies for everybody

Evolution Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 21:58:14

Originally posted by Foobooy Evolution:

He has :/ thats why the Arab league is thinking about withdrawing their support because Gadaffi is using human shields everywhere.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Mar 20th 2011, 22:01:19

meh, we already missed a legitimate opportunity to blow his head off along with every other body part. why's he going around acting so paranoid for?

TAN Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 22:54:58

FORD IS NOT ADVANCED.

FACT.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 23:31:24

fluff YO COUCH TAN
Swagger of a Chupacabra

PraetorNLS Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 0:58:18

Well, France is the only NATO country that really has forces to spare, even with parts of the legion tied up in other african countrys and their marines spread thin around the world, the rest of NATO is pretty much depleted and worn out with Afghanistan and Iraq, as in, we can keep up the current force requirments, even if alot of countrys has had to resort to using their reserves and/or homeguard style forces (All creditt to these, but only active units should be sendt to war) it should be denoted that alot of countrys only use these forces for base defence etc to free up manpower in their active units to get more boots in the dirt.

With this said, the biggest strain ist on the grunts, its on the a) the levels above like brigade leadership/staff were you dont have enough to rotate with a decent amount of R6R b) the special forces, like engineers (from combat to IED teams) , medical support personel, Evac teams etc and c) the special operation forces , which are heavily involved in both current theaters and prob alot more countrys that we wont know about until 2050 or never, but they are still a sought after capacity and should we belive rumors, allready in-country.

To sum up, IF there should be a land intervention, alot of countrys outside of NATO would have to dip into their forcepools and send troops, and as any other country, ask themselfs, are we willing to risk our troops and public opinion, IF this scenario should become a reality, it shall be quite interesting to se what units are deployed, it seems the UN as the US and NATO has tried on many occasions lately, belive that airpower will win a war, but history has shown us over and over again that land forces are needed to hold a territory, airpower alone, as overwhelming as it can be, cannot.

I guess we are rooting for the rebels in Libya to pick up arms and themself overthrow the regime, because if they do not succed, the path we have started ends in an landbased intervention.
Praetor - disqualified from the human race for being three laps ahead in the second round.

Lobo Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 1:29:00

Originally posted by Deerhunter:

Ummm yeah, so with all our mil away on a PS....USA would be a cakewalk to takeover. You run your earth country like this as well? your #? :P
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 4:16:43

The only way you will see French troops on the ground in Libya is if they were attacking the UK. See, by the time the first bullet would be fired i figure most of the French forces would be in Libya catching their breath and resting after the long run and swim they had to do in order to escape the UK. Basicall, the french take one step towards the fight and then 2000 away form it. The talk a good show but really are nothing more than an ankle biter.

They have not been a good fighting force since Napoleon. I guess all the brave Frenchmen died with him.
I shall fear no retals,

Evolution Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 5:59:37

Yes I agree with Praetor about reserve forces, and how they are being over deployed to active combat. Praetors other points are very good too.

@Deerhunter; Frances legion and special forces are very good; just their regular forces have a rep for being uncoordinated but are usually deployed for peacekeeping tasks.

It's interesting that Russia and China complained this time, so they must have the most oil assets in lybia and only when oil assets were under threat that UN finally did something. Though the league of Arab nations are annoyed that the UN is targeting tanks as well...

crazyserb Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 15:18:30

Evolution , russia and china always complain when the US goes on one of their crusades....

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 19:12:21

Earlier, I saw a link on CNN.com that said "Inside look at Gadhafi's compound". I clicked on it, hoping to see a youtube video of a camera, mounted on the front of a Tomahawk missile, as it very quickly zooms into the top of the compound.

Once again, I was disappointed.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

crazyserb Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 19:23:53

lol i still dont even get why anyone watches CNN...

oh wait, they need the american public to understand how Tomahawk's save civilians...(what!!??)

PraetorNLS Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 20:38:51

Taking out the stash of mustard agents might save alot of civilians..
Praetor - disqualified from the human race for being three laps ahead in the second round.

crazyserb Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 21:10:09

so hold on Gadafi had mustard agents for the whole 20 years while he was in power and suported by every western leader in the world???

why did they wait this long??

whatever if CNN says it it must me true...just like all the biological weapons they had in Iraq...oh wait, those were never found 10 years later...

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 22nd 2011, 21:59:56

Originally posted by crazyserb:
so hold on Gadafi had mustard agents for the whole 20 years while he was in power and suported by every western leader in the world???

why did they wait this long??

whatever if CNN says it it must me true...just like all the biological weapons they had in Iraq...oh wait, those were never found 10 years later...

Errr Libya was a pariah state until about 5 years ago
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

PraetorNLS Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 22:27:19

Your Iraq comparisson is voided by the fact that Libya did have WMDs.

On 19 December 2003 Libya agreed to destroy all of its chemical, nuclear, and biological weapons, and agreed for representatives from western inteligence organizations to monitor their destruction.

From globalsecurity.org :
"During the visits, the team of US and UK inspectors went to 10 sites related to Libya's nuclear effort, chemical stockpile and missile program [other accounts suggested that the team was taken to dozens of sites], but apparently no biological weapons facilities were visited. US and UK specialists invited to Libya found no concrete evidence of an existing biological weapons effort. The team was given access to medical or pharmacological scientists and facilities, and Libyans were questioned about equipment and research that could be applied to biological warfare, but the Libyans denied that a BW program had ever existed."

crazyserb Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 0:12:07

lol so they found nothing...what does this article proove exactly for the year 2011?

PraetorNLS Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 1:29:10

That you cannot compare Iraq and Libya with regards to WMDs , as Libya is proven to and have admitted to having WMD programs.

And just for the record, Mustard gas is a chemical weapon, not a biological.

Iraq did have WMDs, they even used them the most documented is March 16, 1988 Halabja when they used Sarin to kill 3200-500 and injure 5000-10000 (est) kurds.

Libya is estimated to have a stockpile of 10 tons of mustard gas, the effects of mustard gas is more longterm than other chemcial agents as Sarin and say VX, as its a blister agent it will target the respatory system and skin, and will traditionaly inure more people than it kill, making it more effective to use on an army to substain a blowing hit to their infra structure (aid stations, medical personal overload, resources etc) than to commit a genocide , but seeing its very low tech is can be delivered by most means, even a rpg or a tank, even if the missile capabilites would be taken away.

I dont belive it will be used, but if we`r debating possibilites and not plausubilites, then its absolutly possible.