Verified:

Junky Game profile

Apr 4th 2011, 21:15:32

Originally posted by mrford:
well then, recruit

thats all we at CC did, we recruited hard for about 4 days and we gained 100+ countries.

making a post on FFAT announcing you are recruiting does not count. you need to troll IRC, bother people that say they have no interest in FFA. tell them about all the new changes that make it easier to run multiple countries. i cant tell you how many people we accepted this set that only promised to run 6-8 countries.

dont stand there ant cry that CC and NBK are getting too big when you arnt willing to do any work yourself to increase the size of your clan.

I was guilt tripped into playing 15 countries for CC :-P I was only planning on making 3-4
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Junky Game profile

Apr 4th 2011, 21:18:46

Mrford loves the CC, all it took was a single war to get em hooked :-D

JJosh Game profile

Apr 4th 2011, 21:23:30

hehe, nice JUNKY =}
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL
#JJosh on your server

mrford Game profile

Apr 4th 2011, 21:56:14

Originally posted by paulie:
yep i am, but Dave and his gang saved this game, so my loyality will always be with them. between boxcar and earthstats who needs anything else.

some peeps just cant be happy with what they have

that is what you call blind loyalty. and its never a good thing

there are other clan hosting sites out there
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

JJosh Game profile

Apr 4th 2011, 21:59:24

Mrford, since i am a lazy hick atm,

could you point me toward the sites for the other hosting sites??

I have seen the "Boxcar
Evolution2025
LetsKillStuff.org
GHQ
LegendsAtEarth
SoF"
for status uploads,

and only know of BoxCar, And letskillstuff.org sites really..

is there nice wiki's allready for each?

ok,
time to head for bed b4 my buzz sizzles...
tks mrford
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL
#JJosh on your server

Twain Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 0:34:55

ford: Are you guys on SoF? Or something else? Is it setup for FFA usage like LaE is?

Last set, the only problem I had with the LaE sites is that they were incredibly slow, but they seem to be better this set. And it's nice to have all the FFA-specific tools. Heck, it's nice even to just have a website that will allow you to register 16 countries.

I do agree on boxcar. It's nothing against the developers, as it's best that they spend their time working on game stuff rather than boxcar stuff.

And aponic, mrford, anyone else: I feel I should clarify my position. If a clan like NBK or CC goes outside of the FFA server and FFAT to recruit, that's awesome. Any players you bring to the server, whether they're new to EE or just new to FFA, means more countries out there.

The point I was trying to make (and fear I probably did a poor job of) is that if there are players that are asking you for a good place to play, or asking on FFAT, it might encourage more growth while still benefiting your clan as well if you tried to help your allies by referring people to them, especially anyone that posts on FFAT.

Whenever I've been in one of the clans that have been huge in relation to the server (LaE early on, PAN for a couple sets before we've come down a bit), I've usually answered any of those posts with: "We'd be happy to take you, but here are some places you could make a bigger difference."

Furthermore, just like I said I dislike the Yankees, it doesn't necessarily mean that if I were the GM of the Yankees that I'd limit my payroll to 120M so other teams could better compete with us. My concern wouldn't be what's best for baseball, it'd be what's best for the Yankees.

So ultimately, you guys do what you want. Hopefully if you start to approach that super-clan type status that LaE once had, you'll maybe re-adjust your priorities though.

mrford Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 1:46:06

we use GHQ

it allows the registering of 16 countries and restarts, and has FFA tools
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Heston Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 2:01:42

plus some other fluff
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Junky Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 3:31:59

GHQ is really the best way to go.. thanks to Dragon and co.

JJosh Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 4:15:15

I would like to investigate the GHQ way...

http://www.ghqnet.com/

:) :)

thanks Twain & mrford
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL
#JJosh on your server

mdevol Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 6:22:03

ghq is temp down for a few hours getting updates and resetting. will be back up shortly
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

JJosh Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 17:34:11

Okie. Submitted my app :)

Tks
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL
#JJosh on your server

Havoc Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 18:06:49

who runs ghq?
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

mrford Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 18:18:01

Originally posted by Junky:
GHQ is really the best way to go.. thanks to Dragon and co.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Ozzite Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 18:22:59

this thread is fluffing stupid. alliances are the size they are based on recruiting/friends, etc.

How about we get 10 300 member alliances instead of trying to shrink big ones?
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

paulie Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 18:33:53

Swagger!! oh really
FOG!!

Junky Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 21:02:44

get 10 people to run 10 countries and you got a 100 member tag... if you play in a semi medium tag in 1a setup squad compitetions in 1a to see who is better, each set... groups of 10 people.

Twain Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 23:24:00

Originally posted by Ozzite:
this thread is fluffing stupid. alliances are the size they are based on recruiting/friends, etc.

Says the guy who's entire FFA experience comes from playing in LaE :P

(yeah yeah, ok, so there were two sets in KA)

Twain Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 23:26:05

And I wouldn't mind having an amby account with someone who has GHQ just to check it out.

I understand if there are clans trying to keep secrets out there and don't want an outsider in there, but if CC or anyone else that is on GHQ doesn't mind me poking around their site, I'd appreciate it.

mrford Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 23:27:44

we cant let you in

we dont want to catch a case of the netter
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 23:45:04

Fair enough. Worth asking.

JJosh Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 4:16:08

Originally posted by Ozzite:

Seriously, WHO (name names) is tryin to shrink any clans Ozzite?

I am not. Absolutely not. I commend the awesomeness we refer to as CC! Kudos to any large clan.

I was merely thinkin "FFA needs more mid clans"...
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL
#JJosh on your server

Ozzite Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 9:07:00

Originally posted by Twain:
I don't begrudge NBK or CC for their current size, but I would hope that they'd turn away any random recruits to the other clans (friends are different,

Disclaimer: I <3 Twain

Ozzite Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 9:14:25

Oh, and before someone says that isn't shrinking clans...people die and quit, that means if you don't recruit or accept new members you eventually shrink.

Ozzite Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 9:14:34

and POOP

aponic Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 14:41:13

Twain: you can apply for your own ghq site just like boxcar.
SOF
Cerevisi

Twain Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 19:03:36

Originally posted by aponic:
Twain: you can apply for your own ghq site just like boxcar.

Yeah, just seems like too much work since I probably wouldn't want to consider moving PAN over until I knew if it was actually better.

But thanks. I might check it out over the summer if nothing else.

And Ozzite: Again, I'm not advocating that they turn away their friends or turn away members they recruit from outside the server. I'm simply saying if you're the big guys in the server, there is something to be said for the altruistic idea of recommending your allies that aren't quite as big as landing places for random veterans.

I'm also a fan of groups of players breaking off to create their own clans like PApaSmurf and Link did from PAN to create SALT.

This isn't a criticism of CC or NBK's recruitment policies. They have every right to recruit up to whatever size they can manage. It's simply a statement that (hypothetical situation alert!) a clan were to become 800 countries big where the next clans are 300, it definitely causes imbalances in the competitiveness of the server. That's the only point I'm trying to make. It's in no way an actual criticism of CC or NBK, just as I would have happily defended NBK or PAN from criticism a couple sets ago when NBK and ourselves were the only 300+ country clans.

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 19:22:08

PoD is happy with the members we currently have. We prefer quality over quantity.

We may accept applications at some point, but for now, we are not adding any extra pressure or headaches to our clan.

If there are any true veterans out there looking for a home, please get ahold of me. But don't be upset if we don't accept you. We are truely looking for quality players and are fine being lower in membership than others if thats what it takes.
FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

mrford Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 20:28:18

i dont think anyone cares DeDLySMuRF

make your own recruitment thread so we dont have to look at you in this one
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Kill4Free Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 20:36:55

He looks pretty.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

mrford Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 20:37:21

pretty bad
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Kill4Free Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 20:47:49

Badass!
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Rico Game profile

Apr 7th 2011, 1:20:33

IMP does not recruit. We multiply.

KeTcHuP Game profile

Apr 7th 2011, 1:23:45

Originally posted by Rico:
IMP does not recruit. We multi.

Fixed for accuracy!

jk=P
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Rico Game profile