Verified:

Bsnake Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 4:23:42

All in one day.....

what a weird arse day....

knew i was going to get let go(before my probation ended on monday) applied for a job and had second interview today... got offered the job....
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

ZDH Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 4:33:42

poor decision by the second company :-P

Bet you couldn't do that in America atm lol
-BigZ

Junky Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 4:35:31

sure you could.. goto a mediocor<sp town, and you could get offered a job from all the ones you apply for :-P
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Popcom Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 4:49:00

you could for sure. all depends on the type of job.
if u are willing to work a lower paying menial job you can move around a lot easier then if u want to be a VP lol.
all in how u look at it.
glad it worked out for ya bsnake. nothing is more stressfull then being out of work
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

ZDH Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 5:03:01

Jobs arn't always that easy to find dude even McDonalds isn't always hiring anymore.
-BigZ

Dizology Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 9:16:24

Originally posted by ZDH:
Jobs arn't always that easy to find dude even McDonalds isn't always hiring anymore.

Maybe you're not 16 anymore?

mrford Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 10:40:45

A lot of college grads can't find jobs. I fer of my friends enlisted in the military, WITH a degree, just for a job so they could start paying their student loans back.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 15th 2011, 12:13:55

congratulations, bsnake - damn good going mate :)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

ZDH Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 12:24:31

Yeah my girl graduated for dental assistant but can't find a job :-\. And it took her months to find a job at target of course her record messes her up lol
-BigZ

Popcom Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 12:54:27

in 08 i got laid off cause my work burned down. was on EI. i could have gotten a ton of jobs, but they were all really really low paying. like, make less then i would make on EI jobs. which is ok if u dont have mouths to feed, but i did and couldn't take them. i wasn't even looking for a fancy job, just a regular blue collar one and it took FOREVER.
the job i ended up getting, i only got cause a friend worked there and got them to check out my resume, they had like 200 people apply within a week.
and the new job i just started same thing, the wife is in management and told them which name to check out. they had 300 ppl apply in 24h.
seems decent jobs are all about who you know. at least here
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

ZDH Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 16:21:30

So your wife is your boss...that SUCKKKKS.
-BigZ

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 16:30:55

I just hired a couple new DJ's - we got 137 responses to our ad within 36 hours of posting it....a lot of which were from folks who were way over qualified, and obviously were only interested because other things hadn't been panning out for them.

Finding a job in the US blows big floppy donkey fluff right now. There are about 3x more applicants than there are positions available. Like Popcom said, if you want a job (especially higher up than flipping burgers) you better have an inside track for it.

Link Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 16:32:03

i have been looking for a "good job" since my lay off at the end of 08
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

mdevol Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 17:34:29

an inside track, or just very good at what you do. those people tend to be in high demand regardless of economy.

also if you willing to relocate helps.

Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

LeftyHa8er Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 19:20:44

what my dad did when he got laid off after working for the same place for 20+ years. What hes plan was when he was out of work was to take the same/smiliar job but take way less pay up front but he was able to prove to the new company what he was worth and now gets paid like he did at the 20+ year job. hell he is how i got my kick ass job the other way i know is inside track thats how all my friends are getting jobs now.

Popcom Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 19:31:34

Originally posted by mdevol:
an inside track, or just very good at what you do. those people tend to be in high demand regardless of economy.

i find im always better then 95% of the people at my job.
unfortunate, if the company hasn't hired you, they dont know that. ..
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

mdevol Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 5:12:10

Originally posted by Popcom:
Originally posted by mdevol:

i find im always better then 95% of the people at my job.
unfortunate, if the company hasn't hired you, they dont know that. ..

true. very true. which is why you wear a tux to your interview, you will stand out.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Bsnake Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 8:35:31

it does come down to how employable you are....

i kick arse in interviews.... so jobs r easy to come by....
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

Popcom Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 14:46:46

iv never interviewed for a job i didn't get.
its getting the interview that's hard.
when hundreds and hundreds of people apply, kinda hard for your resume to stick out lol
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

ZDH Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 16:50:23

What do you say in an interview? IDK what they want to hear I tell them i'm an awesome worker and very focused but the truth is i'm lazy and got ADHD! muahaha
-BigZ

Desperado Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 20:52:24

I lucked out when i got laid off in 08, the place that laid me off called me back in 09, the fluffty part was I had to take a paycut to be brought back, but now I make more than when I was laid off.

Though I am so effing sick and tired of working in a factory, and having somebody as my supervisor who shouldn't be anything more in life that a shift manager at wendy's. I'd much rather go back to installing siding like I used to do, the only problem with that is nobody is getting their houses resided anymore because they can't afford to do anything for their homes.

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler