Verified:

aponic Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 2:08:08

I just liked this thread, not to stir fluff, but to really state opinions on who might win in what situation.

I would say given even ground (a fresh reset and both war prep'ing) that NBK would hands down win an attrition war with even numbers. That would mean mutual FS time week 3 NBK would pull it out regardless on sheer willpower.

Same scenario, week 5, CC might have the advantage. A much crappier restart rate, but probably better country builds and top down killing style would give them the NW edge, but likely not kills.

Same scenario, week 6, I give CC a good edge. Being able to mainly work around NBK wallers by avoidance, they would likely have a similar kill count and a nw advantage.

I do not think CC will have numbers to match these scenarios next set and a war hungry NBK will probably be a monster next set. At any rate, I might as well sneak it in that I won't be around for a while, starting next reset (June).
SOF
Cerevisi

Kill4Free Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 2:14:18

I think CC, prepared, and getting the FS would beat NBK.
NBK is great at warring, but you fellows showed that you are the kings of FS's (1a style!).

But if the war started anytime within the first few weeks, I would expect NBK to win, cause we damn well never give up, passed that CC would have a breaker advantage we could not beat with the time left in set, so we would have to have an oop war the set after to balance it out :) That is what we specialize in, haha.

CC is more capable of building super war ready countries given a specific deadline, and that is true, pound for pound you guys would be far superior breaker wise. We got some solid wallers to compensate too.

I would say the most even fight would be a mutual FS 5 weeks into a set.

Although the killing style is irrelevant. If top down in the situation is superior, then Ill be killing top down. In a lot of cases it is inferior however, but we will pick the best one.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Bigwiggle Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 2:20:26

I'd say that NBK would take it through tenacity.. they have some stubborn fluffs.

Although the art of walling is almost completely dead with the new 'attack again' feature (I've heard 13hps per country??), and that takes away one of NBK's big strengths.

So, uh, yeah I talked myself into not being sure. Only one way to find out fellas...
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Kill4Free Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 2:26:37

Nah Bigwiggle, you could do 13hps before, was just harder. And CC already knew how to do that after we did it to them for a while :P

Hitting faster per second may seem like a strength, but if you buyup at the right time, you will get a few hundred failed attacks in a row. Double edged sword it is.

I don't think the attack again button will help either CC or NBK much in the war, I expect it to shave a second or two off a kill run at most for us or them.

I could do 14 hits per second months ago (I havent been able to pass that though, 14 was my max) :P
NBK

Popcom Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 2:33:24

we have a lot of new players atm. both to the game and to just the clan. so hard to judge IMO
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Bigwiggle Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 2:38:41

But now everyone in the run can hit that fast easily, as opposed to the few who really got it before.. you're looking at some sick fast KRs. I could get 7-8 hps, but 13? This is why I'm a padawan.

And that 'Attack Again' button will relocate if you bounce, because the attack text is shorter. So once you bounce one hit you know it..
Wiggity

msn -

Kill4Free Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 2:46:07

Didnt realise the bouncing aspect. In that case it might be worse if you are to efficiently break someone. I purposely fail my first couple attacks at sending minimum military to maximise casualties.

But avoiding bouncing lots is an advantage too if target is an easy break.

Reguardless, even though we both wall well, CC has damn good wallers. Ill stick to my statement that it benefits us both and hinders us both equally.

I will say that the auto startups benefit CC more then NBK, but honestly, they suck. It is only more of a real benefit if followed through with real country running, otherwise insta death.
NBK

Kill4Free Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 2:52:59

Actually we play on normal times :(
I forced everyone to log on at 4am to kill countries that were normally solid walls, I felt sorta bad, but we doubled our killing efficiency!
NBK

AquaView Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 2:56:48

i would say nbk will win the war first strike or not at even numbers early in the set.

last set we lost a lot of key players due to unforseen reasons. and we was way out numbered. cc are great killers no doubt about it. if this was going to happen i say let the bigger clan have first strike better yet set day and time

Kill4Free Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 3:02:29

Honestly I wouldn't want CC to have FS on NBK, after what they did to Imp and Focus, sometimes you can never recover from an FS. Doesn't mean we will ever give up but sucks to fight a war with restarts, a lot more diffcult to wall with.

This is looking to be the first set NBK didn't war, and we are having a pretty good time. But that being said, this is the first set we didn't war.
NBK

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 3rd 2011, 4:01:15

donny, at least it's not while your in the bathroom.

To talk of the new hitting technique, vs walling. I think it has been proven in the alliance war of SOL vs ICN/LCN/Imag that walling can be done.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Kill4Free Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 4:17:25

People who say the change will not let you wall are wrong. Not versus professional warring clans.

CC builds better countries aimed at a certain timeline, NBK is good to fight whenever, give us sticks and stones and 6 weeks, and we will topple empires ;)

Both are strong in situations, both are vulnerable too. As Aponic said, an early war favors NBK, a later war favors CC, and I will agree with that.
NBK

synoder Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 10:31:25

I agree with pretty much what everyone has said so far :) I really think it would all depend on the circumstances of the specific set. Clan size and activity varies a lot from one set to another so it's hard to say but regardless it would be a great war :)

Bsnake Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 10:43:10

i think the gap is smaller now... both have great active players... and that wins wars...

CC is learning the FFA way of how and where to hit to maximise that effort... even if ppl like me and llar take them there kicking and screaming :)....

people underestimate the 300-400 country wars(per side) i remember CC talknig about breakers in the past wars... i think some of the leaders have seen how an old school FFA killer knows how to balance that out... and start to see how awesome Nbk can be and have been in past wars... breakers are not everything...

but with 2 quality clans, restarts are key... who keeps hitting and growing.... well orginised chats and well ran are massive...
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

aponic Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 12:15:59

FS from either alliance would be devastating, no question.
SOF
Cerevisi

Bsnake Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 12:41:25

yest the time ive spent in CC.... they are surprised at how well and war ready my countries are.... regardless of situation or war....

its knowing FFA.... and that will be NBK's advantage, we are off the same mould.... but as i said gap is closing... i think CC is learning the FFA war style more and more... but the biggest mistake in FFA is underestimating NBK....to do so is at your own peril...

/me hugs all my buds in NBK.....been friends and warred with them for so long....
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

Popcom Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 14:28:49

OOOOOOR
NBK and CC form a super empire and FS FFA!
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

mrford Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 15:17:45

Originally posted by Bigwiggle:
I'd say that NBK would take it through tenacity.. they have some stubborn fluffs.

Although the art of walling is almost completely dead with the new 'attack again' feature (I've heard 13hps per country??), and that takes away one of NBK's big strengths.

So, uh, yeah I talked myself into not being sure. Only one way to find out fellas...

i walled about 500 hits easily this set, i got greedy and went to drop land just before a rush and they got me.

im a terrible waller, if i can do it anyone can.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

TNTroXxor Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 16:24:57

Hmm
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Gmann03 Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 23:08:26

popcorn, stop dreaming......................lolol
Lot/Mars2025
http://cc.ghqnet.com
http://
http://sol.ghqnet.com
http://lot.ghqnet.com

Gmann03 Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 23:14:28

After warring both clans, I agree with the consensus about an earlier war (3 to 4) weeks oop favors NBK. But, a later war (8 weeks or more into the set) favors CC. But, it would be one helluva war with lots and lots of destruction...................lolol
We'll make it even, week 6 into the set NBK and CC have an arranged war. Both side get to prep their countries, and just have fun.
Lot/Mars2025
http://cc.ghqnet.com
http://
http://sol.ghqnet.com
http://lot.ghqnet.com

mrford Game profile

May 4th 2011, 21:43:19

8 weeks in? i was pretty sure that the sets were only 8 weeks long.

you arnt the brightest crayon in the box are you?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Bigwiggle Game profile

May 4th 2011, 23:05:09

Originally posted by mrford:
Originally posted by Bigwiggle:

i walled about 500 hits easily this set, i got greedy and went to drop land just before a rush and they got me.

im a terrible waller, if i can do it anyone can.

I'm talking about walling KRs from NBK or CC .. some of you may be alert enough, but 20 second kill runs aren't easy to get on in time for.
Wiggity

msn -

aponic Game profile

May 5th 2011, 2:32:52

I figured this thread would get more replies. I suppose there is not enough trash being thrown around.

Kill4Free eats babies and synoder jogs with underwear on his head.
SOF
Cerevisi

Kill4Free Game profile

May 5th 2011, 2:43:11

If by babies you mean, I eat the bulk of CC membership for breakfast, then yes, yes I do eat babies :P
NBK

aponic Game profile

May 5th 2011, 2:52:05

I take your statement as a confirmation of synoder jogging with underwear on his head since you avoided that part.
SOF
Cerevisi

Kill4Free Game profile

May 5th 2011, 2:54:05

We don't like to speak about that.
NBK

synoder Game profile

May 5th 2011, 10:14:40

you make it sounds like that is wierd? I thought everyone jogged with undies on their head?

Kill4Free Game profile

May 5th 2011, 13:07:39

It does keep them cleaner I suppose....
NBK

llaar Game profile

May 5th 2011, 13:33:39

a week ago i calc'd my defend/death rate, and i averaged ~650 hits per death of country, (something like 3200 defends, and only 5 deaths)

in the end i estimate i walled around 25-30 times, and they only got 6 of my originals

walling is possible here, i did have to adjust my technique a bit from before. KR's are faster now for sure with more people knowing how to hit faster.

Popcom Game profile

May 5th 2011, 14:23:49

well its possible, cause not everyone does a 20 sec kill run.
if 100% of the time the KR were in that 20-30sec range, the chances of walling 30 times would be almost 0 unless u work on a comp with IRC set up, highlights, and a earth tab up in the background lol
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

Kill4Free Game profile

May 5th 2011, 14:25:56

I can wall a 20 sec run probably about half the time, depending on how busy I am at work. A 50 second killrun I can wall everytime.

In our war with Pan, I only lost 2 countries until I went away for the long weekend, I think I had 2600 hits on me at that point. Ended up losing 10 more during the weekend :(
NBK

mrford Game profile

May 5th 2011, 14:32:23

yeah, i only lost 3 countries in our war with NBK until the holiday break and i lost 7 on the plane.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Kill4Free Game profile

May 5th 2011, 14:36:34

I only lost 3 as well, and lost 5 on the plane, lol. Lost a decent amount more while partying in Portugal, but I had a few originals left still.
NBK

aponic Game profile

May 5th 2011, 15:22:41

I only lost 8 to NBK and one was lost due to power failure (yes, I live in Colombia). I would say 100% of those kills were under 45 seconds. It certainly is not impossible to wall. You definitely need to be at the keys or have your phone in hand with an earth tab setup.
SOF
Cerevisi

gambit Game profile

May 6th 2011, 1:44:34

we would come to your house and knock down all of your mother fluffin legos...

and steal your beer pong balls
Natural Born Killer

mrford Game profile

May 6th 2011, 1:46:43

take the legos, but you even THINK about fluffing with the beerpong, and you will have problems!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Bsnake Game profile

May 6th 2011, 2:12:45

i just found new and exciting ways and places to be when getting killed over the last 2 sets.....

on the fluffter
in the shower
in a tent
while actually watching the KR only to have a moment of clarity and went "ohhh fluff thats me,damn too late"
<Crippler> 115m NW

Bsnake Game profile

May 6th 2011, 2:39:04

it takes skill ;)
<Crippler> 115m NW