Verified:

ZIP Game profile

May 26th 2011, 19:34:34

Ok so that may be a bit over the top, but hey the game will always be changing, evolving in many ways, so when do you say enough is enough, it is ready? The vision of perfect is always changing.I feel as much as we go forward, we don't gain any ground on the prize. How much farther do we have to go?

So my suggestion is to speed it up for personal gain, thank you
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

aponic Game profile

May 26th 2011, 20:23:09

apparently building the facebook application is very difficult. the time they are taking now is to ensure that application/interface works and no longer to make adjustments to the game and game formulas. i could be wrong here, but i am rather certain this is the case.
SOF
Cerevisi

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 26th 2011, 22:58:53

Mk so I just sat down and hammered out a list with Pang as to what we need to do yet;

1) updating authentication to match new fb specification
2) need to redo code for invitations
3) need to add invitation -> bonus point code
4) redesign + graphics & smoothing of first-time user experience possibly including portal (we're treating this as a blocking requirement, but that may be downgraded depending on a reassessment whenever we finish 1+2+3 as to time required & difficulty... and if anybody has any good ideas)
5) a proper n00b tutorial (not a blocking requirement, but high priority)
6) consistent, error-checked help would be good... (not a blocking requirement, but high priority)
7) using wiki as extended help in-game would be freaking awesome (not a blocking requirement, but medium priority)

<pang> i'd like it if we had like a more facebook-y feel
<pang> with some more graphics and stuff

So if you feel you can help with #4, #5, #6, or #7, please, offer your help in some form, and we can get moving forward better & faster :)

#4 for graphics & design people

5+6+7 for tutorial / strat writers :) or even just people who are proficient at the game and in English and can edit spelling and old numbers...

#5 i'm envisioning some sort of javascript popups during first couple times playing or something.... scripting you through some tutorial...
Finally did the signature thing.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 26th 2011, 23:06:52

ya, there's still quite a bit of stuff on the to-do list

not all of it is dev stuff, so there are certainly avenues to help move things forward! :-)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 26th 2011, 23:07:51

be the one game on facebook that doesn't need fancy smancy graphics. shock the monkey!

can always upgrade later.

meh, i dunno the financial limitations.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 27th 2011, 5:06:22

there are no financial limitations... we don't pay anybody... there are *time* limitations :)
Finally did the signature thing.

Havoc Game profile

May 27th 2011, 20:20:20

Change the name to "Earthville" and watch the masses fly in..

:p
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Hardy Game profile

May 28th 2011, 4:41:16

Most alliance have mucho strats already written and tutorials too (id think)

Why not ask around if they are willing to share? Of course crazy sexy strats with 400m NW finishes wont be given.. but the basics :)

ZIP Game profile

May 28th 2011, 16:31:46

If you make it... they will come
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 28th 2011, 16:36:13

if you make it poorly, they will come... but won't stick around.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

PapaSmurf Game profile

May 31st 2011, 17:42:01

agreed. I think the one real nice thing earth would have over other FB games, is sets. I've gotten board with other FB games, cause it never really ends.

PapaSmurf Game profile

May 31st 2011, 17:45:43

Also, I still say the FB games that keep users around, are always changing and adding things to the game. You have to complete task in a certain amount of time, there are holiday items to be earned, etc. I don't really see how you can include that in earth. However if we still had the forums and boxcar stuff, that might help. Or at least have clan sites are that complex within the actual game.

Twist Game profile

Jun 1st 2011, 18:43:34

@Papasmurf: True.... IF all we accomplish is having a bit more to buttom feed on for a week, before people quit, that's not a good FB app...
New poeple need to be more easily joined with the current clan environment. Perhaps some of the clans would like to make a facebook app for the alliance server ?!?

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jun 1st 2011, 19:20:50

Look I'd love to have a million players and all, but to be honest, if all that is accomplished by putting this on FB is the admins/devs make some income and be able to put some $ back into the game for those of us that have played this for 10+ years, it would be well worth it.

I warn you all though, once this does hit FB, Don't be suprised when unknowns all of a sudden are running a 50-100 member alliance and start trying to create there own policys. This game will change forever as soon as it hits.
FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

ou812 Game profile

Jun 2nd 2011, 11:48:50

Earth-ville FTW!

ZIP Game profile

Jun 3rd 2011, 15:29:24

bring it !!