Verified:

HeadHunter Game profile

Jul 10th 2011, 1:55:20

What if we get another server that resets same dates as express, but instead of 4 min per turn its 2 min per turn.

Would be nice to be able to get to like 30-40k acres, and it would mean alot more action for those of us who can't get enough hehe.
Error 354 - Signature too awesome

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 10th 2011, 5:33:18

have thought about it ya

possibly
Finally did the signature thing.

HeadHunter Game profile

Jul 10th 2011, 12:08:38

haha

Marshal Game profile

Jul 10th 2011, 20:34:03

like who would play game where you get 1 turn every 5 secs and game lasts 1 hour? sometimes loading game-page takes longer than 5 secs and if needs to goto toilet etc is screwed.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

HeadHunter Game profile

Jul 10th 2011, 21:29:18

I just want to be able to play more turns per reset. You could either make an express copy but that is twice as long or make one that has the same duration as express but where you get turns twice as fast.

Rockman Game profile

Jul 11th 2011, 1:00:37

Its pretty easy to get 40k acres in Express the way it is right now. The obstacles to large countries isn't the number of turns, its the wearing off of DR, being limited to just attacking a country one time all set or running the risk of them using 360 turns to suicide/kill you, and having to be extra careful who you attack because almost any country using 360 turns of production to produce jets can break you.

If you want people to grow bigger, you need to decrease the frequency of the turns, so that there's less risk of a country 1/8th your networth ending up equal to your networth two hours later, and so that DR and Ghost Acre DR aren't on most of the countries out there.

We'd also need to do something about the rampant killing going on, as it leads to a noticeable decrease in the availability of targets to attack.

Giving people a turn every 2 minutes instead of every 4 minutes would help all-explore countries grow bigger, but it would not help grabbing countries at all. It would, in fact, making grabbing more difficult because more turns would mean more attacks per day, which means that people wouldn't wait for a country to leave DR before hitting it.

Express shouldn't allow people to store up 48 hours worth of turns. Express shouldn't be a server that allows people to play once a day, and to use up to 360 turns at once. Not only does it make it far easier to kill people on express, but it also makes it far easier for people to retal you, which decreases the potential of landgrabbing.

Tin Man

Jul 11th 2011, 4:48:15

drop the decay of explore rates and problem solved =D

HeadHunter Game profile

Jul 11th 2011, 12:52:27

That's true Rockman, I didn't think about DR. I wasn't only thinking about being able to grab more land but basicly having more turns available for grabbing and stockpiling.

But now that we're talking about DR, I think it should be looked into for express, I think I've encountered countries in DR that have not been grabbed for over 12 hours, maybe almost 24 and since this is an express server DR should perhaps fade off in like 6 hours or something.