Verified:

Rockman Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 6:09:33

My reputation is undamaged. Mr Ford and CC have both suffered damage to their reputations from this. The point of war is to boost your reputation. You war to gain respect, you netgain to gain respect. My netting performance this set has gained me respect. CC's warring performance this set, running away from NBK, FSing an inactive smaller alliance, and then suiciding on a netter in the last 72 hours of the set - none of their actions this set have done anything to generate them respect.

I've shown what I am capable of this set. I'll be posting the numbers later on to show roughly where I would have finished. I backed up my boast. All CC showed was that they can be immature and suicide on a netter in a smaller netting alliance with less than 72 hours left in the set. I showed that I'm capable of 300 million average networth. Which is more impressive?

I don't pretend that NBK, IMP, ESD, or POD will like me. I don't try to be liked. I know that the person at the top always has plenty of enemies merely for being better. Jealousy dominates the minds of way too many people. So I'm unashamed of being the best. So I'm arrogant. I've never pretended to not be arrogant.

What could Mercs gain from fighting back against CC? Nothing at all. I've asked them to not fight back against CC, and I will not fight back against CC.

CC has damaged themselves, but they have not damaged me. Therefore, I declare victory.

Rockman Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 6:10:07

I already had a bit over 3 billion networth before I went to my church meeting tonight (something that mr ford was most likely aware of). I had 12 theocracies and 4 democracies, all which still had various amounts of stockpile.

My Democracies combined to have 91.2b cash and 2.3 billion bushels. They were going to get 4 million networth for each $1b cash, and were going to get $36 per bushel. Simple arithmetic shows that they were going to jump another 696 million networth or so.

My Theocracies combined ot have 222.1b cash and 930m bushels. They were going to get 4.5 million networth for each $1b cash, and $33.84 for each bushel. Simple arithmetic shows that they were going to jump another 1141 million networth or so.

I already had over 3 billion networth, and I had the stockpile (and time) to jump another 1.8 billion networth. 4.8 billion networth among 16 countries is 300 million per country. The lowest of my countries was still going to be over 260 million networth.

That is what a real netting performance looks like. That is why I disparaged the past netting performances on FFA. Its nothing personal, I've been screwing around on the alliance server and haven't tried for a real netting performance. LaF mocks me for it, and I don't get upset.

I care about efficiency and simplicity. Mercs, and some of the people I've given strategy advice to can attest to that. I've shown them how to spend very little time on a country, while still having it be high quality. I showed how no more than 40 minutes a day for FFA is enough for others to get 200m anw. The most important thing I've stressed to everyone I've taught is to know exactly what you are going to do before you login to the country.

Netting on FFA doesn't take a lot of time or a lot of effort. It takes less time than netting on alliance, in fact.

mrford Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 6:24:54

actually, i went to all our, allies and some clans that wernt our allies, before we killed you, and asked if they cared.

none of them protested, and some cheered us on.

who cares what you "could of done" you didnt do it, you talk too much fluff and you got killed. political achievements go hand in hand with netting achievements. you failed in that aspect so you dont get to finish. your countries will not be in the records, and everyone will soon forget what could of been a massive accomplishment and impressive record.

if you had maybe been a little nicer and less aggressive, this wouldn't of happened. i was in a simple debate with you on IRC yesterday, and within 5 minutes, you reduced yourself to name calling and other personal insults. is that really called for? i was actually the one against killing your string until today, when i finally caved in. that is when i went to clans including but not limited to NBK, Focus, Panlv, ESD, and SF and asked if they would care.

this wasnt CC suiciding on Mercs, i informed CX that your, and only your, string was being killed. as for it not being impressive, we killed 8 of your ~200mill NW countries with a 5mill ANW. you think that was easy? i can tell you it was fun.

instead of trying to wave your fluff around, maybe you can concede and next set achieve your goal of your NWs. Just tone it down a bit
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Bsnake Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 6:28:13

"before I went to my church meeting tonight"

I stopped reading and caring after that comment...
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 6:42:11

wow - too much text for my attention span.

Can you summarize in 10 words or less pls? :-)

mrford Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 6:43:47

U DAI

PEW PEW PEW

OMG I DAI

I R LEET NETTER I WIN

PEW PEW PEW
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

de1i Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 6:46:28

Rockman hurt Ford's feelings so he pulled an IMP.

(that's 8 words)

Juusto Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 6:49:21

classic
FFA: PANLV
MSN:

ZDH Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 6:52:10

Originally posted by de1i:
Rockman hurt Ford's feelings so he pulled an IMP.

(that's 8 words)

lol
-BigZ

mrford Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 6:53:04

actually, quite a few in CC wanted to hit over a week ago, i was defending him. but today i guess i didnt take my midol and gave in.

simple as that. "pulling an IMP" would imply that we killed him for no reason.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ZDH Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 6:54:48

So your reason is he made "personal insults" to you in OUR IRC?

If you don't like us why come in our IRC...
-BigZ

de1i Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 6:54:56

IMP had their reasons too. I believe it was 28 mins and a spy op done by Warster on a country in his own tag.

mrford Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 7:00:10

im sorry ZDH, i dont know what clan you are in, so i dont know what "your irc" is

rockman knows the comvos that im talking about, and others feel the same.

whats done is done and no non rockman country is being hit

what has this server come to? i remember back in the day wars starting over a MSN convo going bad. we put up with weeks of idiotic remarks and fluff talking and i dont think that earns him the right to finish the set out. we didnt kill the clan, just the player
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 7:02:33

thank you de1i! That was the only post I made it through, other than juusto and ZDH's.

ZDH Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 7:03:48

I'm in MERCS...

You mind if I can see the convo in private. I'm curious to what would piss you off so bad you had to throw a fit like this and fluff up our set.
-BigZ

mrford Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 7:07:27

ah, well i dont know how often im actually in your IRC room, although im there right now to be honest. however, just because its "your room" that doesnt mean you can talk fluff without repercussions. i also dont ever remember saying that i hated Mercs. I have been rather respectful to all your leaders and other members through this, as im sure they can confirm. My goal wasnt to "fluff your set" although im sure its a unfortunate side effect.

the bottom line is, you piss a lot of people off, eventually someone is going to do something about it. im sorry that he was in your clan, but he is just as much to blame for this as we are. we are just responding to being provoked.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

de1i Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 7:10:04

He was going to have a 200-300 million average networth for his entire 16, your 1 country doesn't count :P

mrford Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 7:11:29

well, he did war all set
Swagger of a Chupacabra

de1i Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 7:14:21

He also did a buyout for himself. My restart finished over 200 mill last reset but that still doesn't = 200 mill average NW :P

ZDH Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 7:18:00

Mrford you are an asshole is someone "insulting" you really that surprising?
-BigZ

mrford Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 7:18:05

well ofc it doesnt

rockman was going to finish impressively, i am not going to deny that. its too bad that he had to act the way he did.

i mean, im generally a pretty large fluff at times, but im not trying to net with theos with no spies and SDI. nor am i trying to set a record, so i can afford to risk the chance that someone gets pissed
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 7:19:59

Originally posted by ZDH:
Mrford you are an asshole is someone "insulting" you really that surprising?

i have already addressed that multiple times. i am not trying to net with extremely poorly defended countries. i am a war monger, being an "asshole" helps us find targets. however, im generally just an asshole to people that are assholes to me.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

de1i Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 7:20:23

I guess no one HAS TO act like an adult in this game, where is the fun in that?

mrford Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 7:27:57

Originally posted by de1i:
I guess no one HAS TO act like an adult in this game, where is the fun in that?

i have to act like an adult in real life

this is the internet, i can be a 73 year old lesbian if i wanted to

but i wont because it would turn crippler on
Swagger of a Chupacabra

gambit Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 7:40:25

unfortunately for you, ffa is not about reputation... its about numbers

nice job pissin off a clan that can make sure you never have another netting set

Edited By: gambit on Jul 27th 2011, 7:42:40
See Original Post
Natural Born Killer

jagernacht Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 8:00:11

with kind words like that gambit, you'll make me miss the evenings we shared in the NBK leaderboards...
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

gambit Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 8:08:55

juggy, come pick me up this weekend and lets go to the drive-in movies... they are playin cowboys and aliens and transformers 3

only $6 each to get in... and we can do naughty things during intermission :)
Natural Born Killer

KeTcHuP Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 8:16:57

Just to clarify, noone in TKO taht im aware of was contacted. IF i was contacted, i would have objected to this happening. Its not right in my book, and i dont like to see netting effort get wasted by warrers for personal reasons. I havnt seen the personal convos nor do i think they should justify killing unless they were taken to a personal insult level.

Rockman is a great netter, and unfortunatly comes across condesending at times. Hes a good guy, and hope we can see him properly net!
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

gambit Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 8:19:30

shaddap catsup
Natural Born Killer

jagernacht Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 9:38:25

Then it's a date!

Oh ketchup, you gotta see there's a difference between being 'allowed' to net in FFA and taking advantage of how friendly the folks are. I don't dislike rockman entirely, nor do I dislike anyone else in Mercs (CX is good people) but eventually one has to answer for the feet they place in their
Mouths. I know we all do eventually.
they call meh juggsy!!!
MSN:
E-Mail:

synoder Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 10:31:39

Part of being a good netter is learning how to net in peace. How you would have finished means nothing if you go around pissing war clans off and get killed every set.

Also, what makes you think NBK is jealous of a netter? LOL we play to war not to net and even if we were netters we realize that this is just a GAME! We play to have fun and that's all.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 27th 2011, 12:54:12

How "friendly" the folks are? You guys are even worse than 1a when it comes to treating new players or new clans.

KingKaosKnows

Jul 27th 2011, 13:25:32

Yeah, all you FFA people do is attack others for silly reasons or no reason. Thanks for killing my 2 countries you bastards

KyleCleric Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 13:39:19

Deadpool has guns. Rockman doesn't.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 14:16:28

Originally posted by Slagpit:
How "friendly" the folks are? You guys are even worse than 1a when it comes to treating new players or new clans.

bull donkey, mercs as a new alliance got sevral pacts and was able to get off the ground without a hitch, something that isnt really possible in alliance :P
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

braden Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 15:52:27

which denomination do you attend, rockman? i am presbyterian, myself.

"How "friendly" the folks are? You guys are even worse than 1a when it comes to treating new players or new clans. "

I don't know, I think I took three incoming landgrabs all reset, and then never so much as had a disparaging ingame message with anybody on this server.

I went quite literally pactless, though i have friends in sf and tko so i was fairly sure they weren't going to hit me, but past that it was a very enjoyable atmosphere this reset in ffa, for a sixteen country, one member tag.

braden Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 15:54:16

although rockman does win, i second his victory at netgaining, perhaps not staying alive, i might have beat him in that regard :P

Pain Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 16:03:25

Originally posted by Slagpit:

actually the ratio of douchebags to non douchebags in FFA is significantly lower then 1a. its just amplified because each douchebag is multiplied by 16 times here.
Your mother is a nice woman

Dragon Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 16:10:37

Originally posted by Pain:
actually the ratio of douchebags to non douchebags in FFA is significantly lower then 1a. its just amplified because each douchebag is multiplied by 16 times here.

Good point.

Got any vinegar I can borrow?

jagernacht Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 17:17:49

lmao@pain

and seeing what goes on in 1A, i still see that as the numero uno place for dbags... i mean, they hold grudges for years, grudges from e2025 even! As FFAers we've lost our server several times so we've learned to not get too attached to things... i don't see anyone here getting upset about Cham and Surak and blaming todays PLV, but i do see arrow periodically brought up and flamed in 1A :P
they call meh juggsy!!!
MSN:
E-Mail:

Rockman Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 17:53:37

Originally posted by braden:
which denomination do you attend, rockman? i am presbyterian, myself.

"How "friendly" the folks are? You guys are even worse than 1a when it comes to treating new players or new clans. "

I don't know, I think I took three incoming landgrabs all reset, and then never so much as had a disparaging ingame message with anybody on this server.

I went quite literally pactless, though i have friends in sf and tko so i was fairly sure they weren't going to hit me, but past that it was a very enjoyable atmosphere this reset in ffa, for a sixteen country, one member tag.

I attend a church in Sovereign Grace Ministries. Its part of the reformed, charismatic, and evangelical movements. My small group meets every Tuesday night.

Its funny, the 'argument' Mr Ford and I had was because Mr Ford pointed out that something I had said was wrong, and he couldn't handle me admitting that I was wrong. Its funny how he threw a hissy fit because he couldn't handle a discussion with an honest person, so he started namecalling and saying a bunch of stupid fluff.

He contended that being wrong about missiles causing DR made my whole argument in that thread wrong. I responded that it was a minor part of my argument, and that most of my posts in that thread did not talk about missiles causing DR. He said that almost all my posts did, and then I came back with proof that under 1/4th of them did, and called him a liar. After he kept saying more stupid things, I also called him an idiot. All of the personal insults I said about Mr Ford were correct, and were justified and backed up with facts. Unlike his accusation that I had killed his countries on the test server.

I piss a lot of people off because I'm honest. I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong, something which I was continually pointing out during my argument with Mr Ford. I pointed out that I'm not always right, and I'm able to admit when I'm wrong, and asked him when he's ever admitted that he's wrong. Funny how I'm the arrogant one, but I'm the only one capable of admitting when they're wrong. All the FFAers who've argued with me and been wrong, how many of them admit it? Most of them do not. They make up silly excuses, instead.

Donny shows the same flaw that Mr Ford has. He apparently didn't read my post at all, or intentionally misunderstood it (because I don't want to assume that he's just an idiot). I clearly stated that I've won because CC has hurt their reputation, and reputation matters more than whether or not a country is alive or dead. Yet he still doesn't understand why I call it suiciding, when an alliance wrecks their reputation.

He also apparently intentionally confused 200 million average networth with 200 million total networth from self-farming. Given that we've never before seen someone get all 16 countries over 200 million networth, I would say that getting 200 million average networth from self-farming is a bit difficult. He brags about a 480 million networth country last set, when I was going to put up 4.8 billion networth of countries this set. Apparently Donny thinks its an achievement to be 1/10th as good as me.

So Donny, I will congratulate you. Congratulations on being 1/10th as good as me.

Mr Ford's idea of being 'respectful towards Mercs' is rather hilarious, and given his pattern of repeated lying, I think there is sufficient reason to seriously doubt his assertion that he talked with other alliances about killing my countries and that no one tried to talk him out of it. Mr Ford and I are both arrogant. The key difference is that I'm an honest asshole, and Mr Ford is a lying asshole.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 18:00:49

Originally posted by Rockman:
I piss a lot of people off because I'm honest.

No, you piss people off because you use your "honesty" as a blunt instrument. We know it and you know it.

Rockman Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 18:01:58

Originally posted by Dragon:
I piss a lot of people off because I'm honest.

No, you piss people off because you use your "honesty" as a blunt instrument. We know it and you know it.

Yes, those who are dishonest are pissed off at the way I use honesty as a weapon. And I have no sympathy for them.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 18:12:25

Your notions of "dishonesty" are....... interesting, to say the least. Now you may well be the most honest guy in the Universe, but I find it ironic that you wear that honesty like armor yet don't have a stitch of Humility in your fiber.

That doesn't make that armor look like honesty. It makes it look like arrogance. Which is what it actually is. So before you get all self-righteous with us, there's a couple of those Seven Deadly Sins you need to pay some attention to.

Rockman Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 18:14:31

Arrogance and honesty are not mutually exclusive. Arrogance and humility are mutually exclusive. I've only claimed to be honest, not humble.

CX LaE Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 18:15:16

*munches on popcorn*
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

Dragon Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 18:19:32

Arrogance and honesty are not mutually exclusive. Arrogance and humility are mutually exclusive. I've only claimed to be honest, not humble.

So your Evangelical Church preaches that it's just fine and dandy to be arrogant and that Humility isn't actually a trait that actually counts? You know as in that whole "The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth" thing? So I guess I have to add Hypocrite to the list as well. Although Hypocrisy isn't addressed in the Ten Commandments.

Your pastor's name wouldn't happen to be Phelps, would it?

Mr Emerald

Jul 27th 2011, 18:28:54

Whatever rockman said, I am sure mrford deserved it ;)
We are not the same, I am martian!
you are all retarded in the eyes of fluff
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER TEDDY BEAR!!!

Twain Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 19:36:45

Originally posted by Dragon:

So your Evangelical Church preaches that it's just fine and dandy to be arrogant and that Humility isn't actually a trait that actually counts? You know as in that whole "The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth" thing? So I guess I have to add Hypocrite to the list as well. Although Hypocrisy isn't addressed in the Ten Commandments.

Your pastor's name wouldn't happen to be Phelps, would it?

I know you don't like the guy, Dragon, but it's probably better not to go down the religion path. All of us that observe a religion have some shortcomings that are supposed to be against our faith.

Ozzite Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 19:41:29

People who observe religion should be made fun of for the parts they observe not the parts they don't :-P
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.