Verified:

dreamCatalyst Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 14:11:42

Next set I'm going to be playing Casher just so everyone knows that the food market is going to be superhigh.

How do I know and why should you care? Because I'm consistently good at choosing the worst strategy with regards to the public market so I'm doing you all a favor.

This set I'm playing techer, just look at the g*ddamn prices. Whoever decided it's a good idea to start selling Bus/Res at 2900 NOT EVEN THREE WEEKS IN?!? -sigh-

*exit frustration mode*

Rockman Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 14:14:32

Mercs decided to play a lot of techers this set for war. We've contributed to the low tech prices.

You also need to blame PoD. Their cashers and farms have absolutely ZERO production techs. They should have been buying tech, but haven't. So I think its best to blame them.

dreamCatalyst Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 16:42:35

Absolutely amazing. It'll be interesting to see how long it'll take for tech to hit 900. At this rate it'll be in about another week.

Havoc Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 16:43:09

Can't be as bad as tech was in Team last set.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 18th 2011, 16:44:46

Slash/nightshade/ryuko(or whatever) may or may not be playing this set or the next. That's the important thing to take away from this thread. Gender, occupation and place of origin is also still to be determined. Check back with us later, though.

NightShade

Aug 18th 2011, 22:47:36

To clear this up, so this no miscommunication, I may not be playing this set -- but I sure as hell haven't said I wasn't playing the next set, I am joining up with everyone who's coming after you and your tag. Whether you think this is all a game or not, you've made this war quite personal for me.

So, brag all you want about killing me... it's about the same thing as bragging about winning a gold medal at the Special Olympics.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

Twain Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 0:12:49

Originally posted by NightShade:
To clear this up, so this no miscommunication, I may not be playing this set -- but I sure as hell haven't said I wasn't playing the next set, I am joining up with everyone who's coming after you and your tag. Whether you think this is all a game or not, you've made this war quite personal for me.

So, brag all you want about killing me... it's about the same thing as bragging about winning a gold medal at the Special Olympics.

So, you're...
1) Making fun of people with special needs, and
2) Saying that killing you is just as easy as winning a race against a bunch of people with special needs?

NightShade

Aug 19th 2011, 0:22:43

I've never had anything bad to say about IMP prior to their personal campaign against me. For whatever reasons it's worth, maybe I went a little too far with that comment, but if you are going to brag about killing me with at least a thirteen-to-one advantage when you've had the entire campaign slanted in your favor before you've even launched your first attack, then there's something to be said for that.

As far as I am concerned, whether their motivations behind this are personal or not, it's become personal to me (I do genuinely apologize to Titanium about the mistake I made, but as far as making any kind of public apology to the rest of IMP, they haven't shown any honor to deserve one). I realize that IMP were one of two major powers in the original FFA a decade ago, but back then they held themselves to some degree of honor in conducting themselves. And, whether or not you agree with me or my opinions on the matter, IMP have sunk pretty low to engage in some form of self-glorification by picking fights with people who have no chance of defending themselves with the current conditions of this game.

I don't hold myself or my tag to be something great in comparison with the rest of the other alliances or any particular players who've achieved far more than me in the time I have been playing, but at the same time, I am rather proud of the achievements I feel I have personally made prior to this set. And while this may be my sole opinion on the matter, I feel as if I am having an entire group of people going out of their way to prevent me from learning to play this game better.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

NightShade

Aug 19th 2011, 0:49:31

As far as making fun of people with special needs, I did go too far. However, in the last 20-21 months this game has been up you've said some pretty veiled if not choice words about me too. I've been wondering whether or not it was because of my involvement in killing TIE FFA on at least two occasions, or because you simply don't like me. Either way, I've tried being nice, I've tried learning to play this game, I've tried biting my tongue.

And while this latest tirade of mine could have been worded a little better, I've had people say far worse about me than I've said here. My sincerest apologies though, I am just tired of finding myself on the end of something (I believe) I did nothing to deserve.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

Klopek Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 0:58:09

NightShade, this game mimics life. You rarely get what you deserve. You made fun of the gimps and now they are out to get you. They will limp their way over to your country and try to decapitate you with their crutches, all the while mumbling something indecipherable.

There's no way to forge a peace agreement with someone you can't communicate with.

NightShade

Aug 19th 2011, 1:03:00

Originally posted by Klopek:
NightShade, There's no way to forge a peace agreement with someone you can't communicate with.

I've intentionally paraphrased what you'd just said to avoid anymore problems. But, even from the beginning of all of this, the only two people I'd talked even remotely with was KC (in IRC) and Titanium (briefly on Facebook) if anything, it appears they're not looking to communicate with me or anyone outside of their crew.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

Klopek Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 1:08:08

Nightshade, just between you and me, I've always thought KC was a rude little punk and don't get me started on titanium. I hold so much disdain for him that I refuse to capitalize the letter t in his name. I just won't do it. I won't.

They got their crews man and that's how it is. Take them down before they make another move.

NightShade

Aug 19th 2011, 1:13:13

With just me and my sixteen countries? Doubtful.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

Klopek Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 1:15:25

Go underground for the next 5 sets and terrorize them with untagged and detagged countries.

NightShade

Aug 19th 2011, 1:17:21

I am not a suicider, nor have I ever been. Doing that would only make matters worse.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

Klopek Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 1:18:00

Destroying your enemies by any means necessary can never make matters worse, only more severe.

NightShade

Aug 19th 2011, 1:21:52

I would rather admit my wrongdoings and hope they'd be willing to put things behind the both of us than make matters worse, or more severe.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

jagernacht Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 1:30:10

Originally posted by Primeval:
Slash/nightshade/ryuko(or whatever) may or may not be playing this set or the next. That's the important thing to take away from this thread. Gender, occupation and place of origin is also still to be determined. Check back with us later, though.

lol... thats the only useful post in this thread.

but rockman's blaming of PoD is pretty funny too...

haha.

also, nightshade. stop posting in every thread the same fluff. klopek is obviously trolling you... and to some degree he's succeeded at it more than you ever could in killing IMP apparently. IMP would've respected you more if you didn't self-delete, claim a campaign of never-endingness, then publicly post you give up like 90 fluffing times.
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

NightShade

Aug 19th 2011, 1:35:25

So, what you're saying is: try (and by "try", I mean sit back with a half-gallon of Jack and drink while letting them kill me) to defend myself and let myself get killed?

I've tried fighting back against them, even with the restarts I had.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

jagernacht Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 1:41:55

im just saying, if you had put those countries in vacation or walled... it wouldn't have looked as sad when you restarted. IMP is killing your restarts and you dont even get the gratification of saying you stopped them.

should've put em into vacation or something. like your friend in your tag.
they call meh juggsy!!!
MSN:
E-Mail:

NightShade

Aug 19th 2011, 1:46:23

I could have, but it wouldn't have made too much of a difference.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

jagernacht Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 1:49:03

it would've given you more to stand on. if you want to rest this set, rest. no one would blame you. but flaming them after the stuff they pull won't get you anywhere. like bsnake said in the other thread... actions speak a lot louder than words. it's not necessary to notice FFAT when you have a bowel movement just like you don't have to let everyone know every single bi-polar conclusion you come to. please.
they call meh juggsy!!!
MSN:
E-Mail:

NightShade

Aug 19th 2011, 1:53:14

Alright.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

Twain Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 2:50:07

Originally posted by NightShade:
As far as making fun of people with special needs, I did go too far. However, in the last 20-21 months this game has been up you've said some pretty veiled if not choice words about me too. I've been wondering whether or not it was because of my involvement in killing TIE FFA on at least two occasions, or because you simply don't like me. Either way, I've tried being nice, I've tried learning to play this game, I've tried biting my tongue.

And while this latest tirade of mine could have been worded a little better, I've had people say far worse about me than I've said here. My sincerest apologies though, I am just tired of finding myself on the end of something (I believe) I did nothing to deserve.

1) None of my words have been veiled. I've been pretty straightforward when I've spoken of you.
2) If you ever killed any countries of TIE's, I was never aware. The only person I ever remember doing any significant damage to TIE was Bsnake, and I have no problem with him. You're not as significant as you think you are.
3) My main reason for ever saying anything bad for you was that, as I said in #2, you're not as significant as you think you are. As far as I've seen, you've never been a very good player. SOTA has always, as far back as I remember, been at best a third-tier clan, and that might be too generous. Yet you talk about it like it was one of the greatest clans ever.

Between all the drama you constantly have, and the fact that you're not even very good at this game despite the history you tell us you have of greatness, I don't think much of you. Don't get this into your head like I hate you or anything. I really find it difficult to drum up any strong emotion towards you. I simply find all the drama you bring to the boards to be quite annoying, considering how little of an impact SOTA has ever had on this game vs. how big of an impact you THINK it's had.

Drinks Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 2:52:08

You have destroyed Dreams thread. Lets bring it back to the original content.

Im loving buying tech at sub $3000 already :)
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Angryjesus Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 2:59:47

it'll stay steady for longer because it takes longer to reach landgoals in ffa; you're a casher i'm assuming drinks?

Drinks Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 3:02:29

Farmer.

So im snatching up agri/bus/res.

But im reaching my tech goals on all countries. So roughly another 2 days and then ill stop buying tech till it drops sub $2400.

<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

NightShade

Aug 19th 2011, 3:28:59

Twain:

I never said I was significant. As far as SOTA "being one of the greatest clans ever" I don't mean to sound as if I am insinuating that at all, I've been a member of clans (IMP, USIMP, MPE, SworDs, DOL/DUEL, AODxMSI/AMT) that have had far more impact than SOTA ever will. SOTA was a temporary tag when I first used it in 2000, and upon my not so gracious exit from DUEL it was yet intended to be a temporary tag, I *never* expected some of the people I have had the pleasure of calling friends or even one-time members to join, even if the tag really didn't do anything well.

I'll admit that I'd been playing this game under some form of self-imposed ignorance for the better part of the last decade, and really there was no better goal than just playing to have fun. I play for the same reasons I did then as I do now, I am not here to compete with anyone. But, I went out of my way last set to learn a little about how to play my countries better, and mine and my girlfriend's TNW from last set as compared to before should be ample proof of that.

I didn't write up my history of events to tell everyone just how goddamned awesome I am or my tag was, even with some slight exaggeration on the part of ZDH and his tag. I play in my tag because people still distrust me after the fluff I've done in the previous decade, and I don't blame them. But at the same time, with all of the people who've made snide remarks made about my gender, or what not, why would I want to join them if they're going to talk about me like that? I'd rather just join a tag that respects me for being a human being who plays this game, who is trying to better themselves in the ability to play this game as good as everyone else.

SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

didleoman Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 7:41:23

i never talked to you. don't care to. don't care about your gender. don't care about your past in general. for someone that didn't mean to insinuate their past, you talk about it a lot

with the drama that comes out of your mouth, i'd quit before playing with you. been playing roughly since '00 and you act like you want to be left alone but you're always involved politically you become a target next. then you cry foul saying you are neutral.

hell bauer learned to shut up and at least for a set or 2 seems to be doing better.

KingKaosKnows

Aug 19th 2011, 8:53:45

The problem is obvious, there is either a string of huge techers undercutting techs on the market by a lot, or a bunch of techers in a war clan do the same after kill runs.

Didn't you notice? When agri tech prices were at 4400, someone put a fluff load of agri tech at 3699, and I do mean A LOT; It was $200 under the day lowest, so that completely and utterly screwed the market, because everyone had to undersell that amount, if they wanted their tech to sell.

I suggest we find the stupid clan doing this and declare perma war on their stupid ass until all their techers die.

Edited By: KingKaosKnows on Aug 19th 2011, 9:00:26. Reason: 3am and is dark
See Original Post

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 9:42:13

*looks at IMP*