Verified:

vern Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 23:34:03

baseball ? HOCKEY is starting :)

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 23:36:21

just hope somebody, anybody can beat the Phillies...
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Bigwiggle Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 1:32:12

GO INDIANS! Despie where do you live? We seem to have similar taste in teams
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Twain Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 2:01:42

Originally posted by Desperado:
indians always had detroits number this year in cleveland... till september rolled in

but don't worry cleveland will stink it up again next year because they'd rather keep hafner as dh than persuade thome to stick around

Incidentally, is there any more overrated player than Hafner? You'd think someone who was a full-time DH could stay healthy for more than 100 games a season.

Angryjesus Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 2:03:41

indians always had detroits number this year in cleveland... till september rolled in

but don't worry cleveland will stink it up again next year because they'd rather keep hafner as dh than persuade thome to stick around

Incidentally, is there any more overrated player than Hafner? You'd think someone who was a full-time DH could stay healthy for more than 100 games a season.

Reggie bush is. He sucks.

Rockman Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 2:11:47

Originally posted by Angryjesus:

Allen Iverson tops them both. Great individual stats, but it never seemed to translate into wins for his team.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 2:16:05

The people in Philadelphia deserve to have a winner. It’s simple as that. It goes further than that … If I can’t practice, I can’t practice. It is as simple as that. It ain’t about that at all. It’s easy to sum it up if you’re just talking about practice. We’re sitting here, and I’m supposed to be the franchise player, and we’re talking about practice. I mean listen, we’re sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we’re talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it’s my last but we’re talking about practice man. How silly is that? … Now I know that I’m supposed to lead by example and all that but I’m not shoving that aside like it don’t mean anything. I know it’s important, I honestly do but we’re talking about practice. We’re talking about practice man. We’re talking about practice. We’re talking about practice. We’re not talking about the game. We’re talking about practice. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you’ve seen me play right, you’ve seen me give everything I’ve got, but we’re talking about practice right now. … Hey I hear you, it’s funny to me too, hey it’s strange to me too but we’re talking about practice man, we’re not even talking about the game, when it actually matters, we’re talking about practice … How the hell can I make my teammates better by practicing?”
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Bigwiggle Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 2:18:09

Originally posted by Rockman:
Originally posted by Angryjesus:

Allen Iverson tops them both. Great individual stats, but it never seemed to translate into wins for his team.

Tom Brady. The patriots offense is a well oiled machine that he is the head of, but any other qb could be placed where he is and make the playoffs. He gets like 5 second pockets and just stands there until a tight end gets open. He's accurate, he's great, but he's nowhere near the best ever. It's belichick's team
Wiggity

msn -

Popcom Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 4:37:13

there are times he LITERALLY stands there for 5 sec...like..feet planted. its insane
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Desperado Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 5:36:42

Originally posted by Bigwiggle:

cleveland suburb

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

Twain Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 16:06:36

heh, I was more thinking in baseball, but I'll actually disagree. Reggie Bush WAS overrated, but now most people see him for what he is: A decent to above average running back, but certainly no one that's going to be able to carry a team like Peterson or LT could (and others, obviously).

And Iverson had his issues, but I wouldn't say he was as overrated as Hafner either. Iverson during his prime could deliver a team to the playoffs by himself, and once made the Finals with a team that featured Theo Ratliff, Eric Snow and Aaron McKie as major players. I know he doesn't have any titles, but neither did Karl Malone or to stretch into football again, Dan Marino. Titles do a lot to validate a player's career, but they're not the end-all, be-all that some people claim they are.

It seems like Hafner's thought to be this great hitter, but the guy, more often than not, isn't even on the field for 100 games. He's also only had two 30-HR seasons, and the most recent was 2006. Leaving out his first season in Texas, he's averaged 20-21 HR a season since. That's pretty awful for a guy who's supposed to be your big DH power hitter. Obviously the dude has power, but again, I'm just amazed someone who doesn't even play the field can't get out there for 140 games or more AND that a team was silly enough to play $13M a year for such production. I can only imagine he signed his current contract right after that 2006 season.

Bigwiggle Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 17:45:04

Originally posted by Bigwiggle:

cleveland suburb

I work in Lorain. Just moved from buffalo a few months back
Wiggity

msn -

Twain Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 18:11:01

Wow. I actually know someone who's originally from Lorain. She hasn't lived there for quite some time, so I can't imagine you'd know her, but still--kind of amusing how small the world has become thanks to the internet.

kemo Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 20:25:25

im still overly nastalgic of the old days with david justice, tom glavine, chipper jones, john smoltz and greg maddux. plenty of others but these came to me faster
all praised to ra

Desperado Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 22:34:45

steve avery before he went to cleveland and subsequently went insane, ryan klesko, terry pendleton(HOW could you forget terry?!) ron gant, fred mcgriff, otis nixon...

pants antler

mrford Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 23:32:29

Andruw Jones?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Sep 30th 2011, 23:41:08

andruw isn't the same era as the other guys listed, but quite definitely worth mentioning.
oh well. i can quit caring about baseball for a few months now.

mrford Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 23:45:01

ok

Mike Stanton and Marquis Grissom!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Mars UP Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 1:47:05

I still think the 91 Braves vs. Twins Series is the greatest series I have ever watched.

Angryjesus Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 2:25:38

heh, I was more thinking in baseball, but I'll actually disagree. Reggie Bush WAS overrated, but now most people see him for what he is: A decent to above average running back, but certainly no one that's going to be able to carry a team like Peterson or LT could (and others, obviously).

And Iverson had his issues, but I wouldn't say he was as overrated as Hafner either. Iverson during his prime could deliver a team to the playoffs by himself, and once made the Finals with a team that featured Theo Ratliff, Eric Snow and Aaron McKie as major players. I know he doesn't have any titles, but neither did Karl Malone or to stretch into football again, Dan Marino. Titles do a lot to validate a player's career, but they're not the end-all, be-all that some people claim they are.

It seems like Hafner's thought to be this great hitter, but the guy, more often than not, isn't even on the field for 100 games. He's also only had two 30-HR seasons, and the most recent was 2006. Leaving out his first season in Texas, he's averaged 20-21 HR a season since. That's pretty awful for a guy who's supposed to be your big DH power hitter. Obviously the dude has power, but again, I'm just amazed someone who doesn't even play the field can't get out there for 140 games or more AND that a team was silly enough to play $13M a year for such production. I can only imagine he signed his current contract right after that 2006 season.

If you think reggie bush is a decent to above average running back then you're proving my point that he is vastly overrated.

gambit Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 21:08:18

how did this get to football? reggie bush is another one of the over hyped flops that came out in the past few years... best thing he ever did was bang kim kardashian :P

well, i refuse to read all this... but its too bad chipper didnt get to play in another post season before he retires :(
Natural Born Killer

Desperado Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 10:34:14

Originally posted by Azz Kikr:
andruw isn't the same era as the other guys listed, but quite definitely worth mentioning.
oh well. i can quit caring about baseball for a few months now.

yes he is.. kinda... lol 95 i think

pants antler

Desperado Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 16:52:57

Originally posted by Mars UP:
I still think the 91 Braves vs. Twins Series is the greatest series I have ever watched.

'92? nlcs vs the... pirates?

pants antler

Twain Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 19:12:33

So far with the exception of TB winning a game, it's been all chalk winning each game.

What's everyone got for predictions?

I'm going to say:
Philly over St. Louis in 5
Milwaukee over Arizona in 4

Milwaukee over Philly in 7

Tampa over Texas in 4
Detroit over NYY in 5

Detroit over Tampa in 5

Detroit over Milwaukee in 6 for the World Series.

Don't have any strong feelings on those picks, but hey, why not.

didleoman Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 3:27:29

So far with the exception of TB winning a game, it's been all chalk winning each game.

What's everyone got for predictions?

I'm going to say:
Philly over St. Louis in 5
Milwaukee over Arizona in 4

Milwaukee over Philly in 7

Tampa over Texas in 4
Detroit over NYY in 5

Detroit over Tampa in 5

Detroit over Milwaukee in 6 for the World Series.

Don't have any strong feelings on those picks, but hey, why not.

i'd buy it :-)

Mars UP Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 7:51:08

ALDS

Yankees in 5
Rangers in 5

NLDS
Phillies in 5
Brewers in 4

ALCS
Rangers in 6
Phillies in 6