Verified:

Terranus Game profile

Nov 12th 2011, 23:15:01

(Read through a few pages of bugs and sugs but didn't find this one)

Kinda annoying to calculate 32 turns worth of tech points :S
And that for 8 countries.

So my suggestion is to just use the turn input instead. As with exploring.
"I wish to tech for 32 turns! Make it 16 for res and 16 for bus. Thank You professor Smartman!"
You get the idea.

Or then make so I can input the land amount for the exploring :P
jk

General Earl Game profile

Nov 12th 2011, 23:32:55

This is actually something I've been meaning to suggest for a while :).. it would be more friendly to do it by turns as opposed to points (or at least give the option to be able to switch between the two.)
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

blid

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2011, 0:03:14

This is lazy! You can just open windows calculator for a second.

Edited By: blid on Nov 13th 2011, 13:48:22
See Original Post
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Nov 13th 2011, 0:53:43

Well unless theres a specific reason the game mechanic works the way it currently does, I don't see why it couldn't be changed.

There's a number of things about this game that haven't changed since e2025 first opened up and making the game more friendly and intuitive to new players requires a little bit of thought and consideration... or at the least some discussion.

That being said, I don't think it's wrong to open up a discussion on improving the interface in a way that may be a little more helpful and welcoming towards the current and next generation of players.

Most of us have been playing the game for some time and are used to it's quirks, however from the perspective of a new player- there's a better chance they'll walk away in favour of a game that requires less work than bother sticking around and struggle with the current interface.
General Earl
----

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 13th 2011, 1:43:40

I like to be able to spread 1 turns tech points amongst many categories.

Nov 13th 2011, 1:46:28

Which is exactly why I said make it an option :) (on the tech page itself, not a user preferences thing). eg:
Tech by turns [ ], Tech by points [x].
General Earl
----

Terranus Game profile

Nov 13th 2011, 19:01:35

Originally posted by AndrewMose:

Interesting. But why ?

Chaoswind Game profile

Nov 13th 2011, 19:07:33

Originally posted by AndrewMose:

me too

Terr lets say I want to get 1000 points on each tech, just for kicks and my tech per turn is around 1200

Should I invest 1 turn on spy tech (1200) or 1000 points on spy tech and 200 in warfare?

some of us just want minimal values in some techs and wasting a full turn on them isn't the way to go :P
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Terranus Game profile

Nov 13th 2011, 20:01:12

Well, just for the kicks, You can drop Your reslabs to ~340 and get 1k tpt :P

Tin Man

Nov 13th 2011, 20:23:18

teching my turns would screw some tech start allies over.. there's a reason why teching a turn or so at a time is more beneficial then batch teching. I havent played in forever and know this come on guys! If you don't know what I am talking about take a country that has 1000 warfare tech and have his res ally research 10k points of warfare tech, see how much you received in free tech then tech 1k points at a time for ten times(if you have a TPT of 2500 you'd be wasting turns unless you spread the other 1500 elsewhere) but if you put the full 2500 into warfare tech your ally wont receive max benefits.

Tin Man

Nov 13th 2011, 20:23:43

if you can read my post and make sense of it it makes perfect sense ;)

Terranus Game profile

Nov 13th 2011, 23:33:38

Interesting, so batch teching works like batch explore. I didn't know that.

So the suggestion isn't purely UI change anymore.

caffeineaddict Game profile

Nov 14th 2011, 7:32:40

terranus, i think what tin man is saying is that tech ally contribution is capped so if you tech more than what your tech ally can receive it isn't a good thing.

tech allies will receive 10% of the tech is researched capped to 10% of that tech the ally has.

if your tpt is 1000, you tech 1000 warfare and your ally has 100 warfare, your ally will receive 10 tech.

i often remind my tech allies of this and tell them to make sure they have about 1000 of all techs

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2011, 16:47:43

What if you wanted to split turns say tech .5 a turn on res and .5 a turn o business?

Nov 14th 2011, 17:35:26

If it was an OPTION on the research page, you could do either.. by turns or by points.
General Earl
----