Verified:

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 6:14:48

This is not a new idea, but is an interesting concept revisted.

What about a 'server war' server? You create a country, you randomly get placed on side A or side B (without knowing until you log in) and you build for say 3 weeks. On a specific date, the game allows for attacking and the two sides war?

This would be an anti-alliance with no politics and just a giant war.

Would anyone be interested?
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

Pain Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 6:23:10

its a good concept. the tags would need in game forums for players to communicate with each other. it would encourage people who wouldnt normally interact to communicate.
Your mother is a nice woman

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 6:35:28

It could be linked to boxcar, but again you cant log in until teams are decided.
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

KyleCleric Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 6:38:35

sounds good.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

bertz Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 10:10:16

I will still Net on that server

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 14:26:40

Sounds pointless. Because running restart after restart is not interesting for 70% of the server after 1 week.

diez Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 15:34:13

I can read the future.

This thread will be moved to B&S in

... poof

nico Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 15:52:38

in b&s it will never be read again lol

but yeah i think this idea sounds pretty fun. if only for a test, run it for a set?

PapaSmurf Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 16:08:58

i love this idea. I think it just needs to be a new server for most people to be interested. However I'd be willing to even do this on alliance server, but most would never do that.

You can even use one boxcar site to make this work. Call it War or something. Have one person be willing to be admin. Just take away the ability to see online users, and set up two sets forums and give each group perms to either side a or b. To me it makes it easier to have one boxcar, so all that are interested apply to the one site. And each set you can reset teams, and add new players or set players to inactive.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 21st 2011, 16:23:45

This actually came up many months ago and I personally like the idea. imo it wouldn't be that pointless if it was structured like express in terms of speed or maybe something faster but not quite that fast...
anyway:)
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

BattleKJ Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 16:25:57

ALLIES vs AXIS Server.

Pain Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 16:36:21

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Sounds pointless. Because running restart after restart is not interesting for 70% of the server after 1 week.

it would be a server dedicated to warring only. im pretty sure anyone who actually signed up has no problem making restarts.

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 16:56:52

not 'a server dedicated to warring only' as much a s complete server war. But you are right Pain, anyone signing up not to war is a dumbfluff. A netter wouldn't last very long and considering the time some put in to netting, doesn't make a lot of sense ;-)

In that sense, it would also change market values. Obviously there would be lots of oilers, so the oil market would be cheap. Etc. Commies would stay in high demand as opposed to commies wearing down immediately.

The boxcar idea is good, but the log-in info would have to be associated to whatever team you are placed on. I wouldn't want people creating and switching accounts to be on the same side as their friends. The point is for people to intermingle. No SOL vs SOF, no LaF vs Evo. Just one crazy gangbang (that isnt videotaped and sold online for ad revenue............or will it....)

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 16:57:28

I hope it's not moved to bugs and suggestions until most have had a chance to see it. Its a ghostland there ;-)

Lowbacca Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 17:13:28

Sounds like fun but could be made very interesting by making it "Sudden Death" when your dead your dead no restarts and a 6 week reset

Which ever side has the most countries after 6 weeks wins
Lowbacca
Paradigm
Head of Border Control

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 21st 2011, 18:19:02

I'm not moving it:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 18:58:27

Originally posted by Pain:

it would be a server dedicated to warring only. im pretty sure anyone who actually signed up has no problem making restarts.

You're not getting it. The point is, one of the 2 sides will win and get the upper hand after 1-2 weeks, the winning side will grow, and the losing side will ankle bite, in your typical lopsided wars. From that point onwards, it will cease to be an interesting war. It's not that people aren't willing to restart - its that restarting contributes to nothing once one side has a 10x NW advantage over the other side, the outcome is fixed.

Also if the focus is not on top 10 NW, then there needs to be officially a different metric for measuring who is "t10" on the war server.

Chaoswind Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 19:39:54

I was thinking about this and is easy bisy

New Server Details

Multiple countries are not allowed.
Clans are not allowed.
Turns are awarded every 15 minutes.
Countries can hold a maximum of 100 (200) turns.
The two billion dollar cash limit is in effect on this server. (this makes the whole war stock a lot harder)
Standing orders are enabled on this server.
The minimum time for market goods to arrive on the market is 2 hours. The maximum time is 4 hours.
Unsold goods stay on the market for 36 hours.
A planned strike brigade is unavailable for 12 hours after launching.
A country can carry out a maximum of 150 spy operations per day.
No Humanitarians protest if a country attempts to attack another country.
NO GDI membership.
No attacks during the first 5 days of the set.
No special attacks during the first 7 days of the set.
Factions are enabled
A player can join a faction with up to (TWO) friends, using the invite system.
Joining takes 96 hours after with, no new countries can be created.
Land Kills completely destroy the country, making "restarts" impossible.
Civilian Kills sent the country into a forced vacation mode for 48 hours. (to regain civilians)
Civilian Kills cause the lost of 70% of the land/Tech/Military/Cash/Food.
During "Vacation" Mode countries DO get turns, but cannot do any action.

Server Ends when a faction gets a decisive advantage over the rest.

Edited By: Chaoswind on Nov 21st 2011, 19:42:44
See Original Post
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

PapaSmurf Game profile

Nov 21st 2011, 20:32:16

I think it would be a mistake to have players killed and not able to play any longer.

I would also suggest no Spy DR. To me spy DR is mostly to protect netters from getting to much damage from ops. But in a war server, who cares.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 22nd 2011, 2:52:55

Originally posted by martian:
I'm not moving it:P

I will!! bwhahaha...j/k

Like idk...there is some people i don't want to play with on like side A or B...and I am sure there is people that don't want to play with me.
I mean what if now all of a sudden I become friends with someone I disliked before...this happened to me and soviet and look where we are now :P
pssh

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Pain Game profile

Nov 22nd 2011, 3:26:42

You're not getting it. The point is, one of the 2 sides will win and get the upper hand after 1-2 weeks, the winning side will grow, and the losing side will ankle bite, in your typical lopsided wars. From that point onwards, it will cease to be an interesting war. It's not that people aren't willing to restart - its that restarting contributes to nothing once one side has a 10x NW advantage over the other side, the outcome is fixed.

Also if the focus is not on top 10 NW, then there needs to be officially a different metric for measuring who is "t10" on the war server.

i understand you being in LaF not understanding what happens in an even/fair war but when those conditions are met, it doesnt end up lopsided. each side will have to restart roughly the same amount of times. in fair wars they dont often become lopsided after only 2 weeks.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 22nd 2011, 5:19:11

You'd basically be forcing the entire server to be all-X for three weeks, which would make the market nonfunctional. You could replace the public market during that time with a private market that scales with turn use, but then there's no point in keeping a typical turn rate during the pre-war part of the round. Just make it enough time for side A and side B to get organized.

If you really want your idea to be taken seriously I'd suggest working in something about changing rules so there would finally be a way to test new war ideas. It'll never happen in Alliance because players here prefer fluffty politics over real wars.

Xintros Game profile

Nov 22nd 2011, 5:22:42

What about a round robin?
No then 2 Teams will concentrate on one, get it out of the way and go at each other.

Sounds like Utopia, where you don't know where you will end up.
Anyway, I'd play.
Message me if this takes off please.
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a killrrun" - Xintros
https://www.soundclick.com/...efault.cfm?bandID=1381300

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2011, 5:26:04

I'd play it, but I'd like to see one change:

Once your country is killed you're out of the game and cannot restart until the round is over, the round is over when one side kills everyone on the other side or a pre-determined time limit has been reached.

That way it really is winner take all!

iScode Game profile

Nov 22nd 2011, 5:33:17

i like this idea, but have nothing to add to the thread.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 22nd 2011, 14:07:32

i understand you being in LaF not understanding what happens in an even/fair war but when those conditions are met, it doesnt end up lopsided. each side will have to restart roughly the same amount of times. in fair wars they dont often become lopsided after only 2 weeks.

This is unfortunately not true.

Evenly numbered wars (by number of countries) can and will become lopsided after 2 weeks, depending on walling rates, strategy employed, etc.

Very rarely will you encounter a situation where both sides are equally skilled, equally matched, have equal walling rates, restart rates, organization, etc, or even the same starting stockpiles/country NWs.

TIE vs Monsters this reset were pretty even in numbers for example, but other factors cause it to be lopsided barely 2 weeks later.

KingKaosKnows

Nov 22nd 2011, 18:10:20

I believe this was suggested some months ago

Anyways

Forcing everyone to be all explore on the first 3 weeks of the set is utter nonsense.

I think the initial rules should be

1) all players are protected during the first 200 turns of their countries.

2) Special attacks become allowed after 5 days of the set.

3) Killed countries will be forced into protection for 100 turns or 24 hours after first log on they country after its demise, so they can no longer be attacked or attack, and during those 100 turns production of all kinds will be cut to 0% and expenses will be doubled.

4) on the rest I pretty much agree with Choaswind

-----------------------------------

My goals:

1) Not to hold the hands of players and screw the public market BIG time.

2) On this I am torn, because no special attacks favor comie/turrjeter, but the alternative is everyone warring OOP.

3) Creates another skill on the game, managing a dead country with no production for 100 turns, and we could even make it stack. First dead = 100 turns + 100 turns for every new dead.

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 5:14:04

would anyone be willing to work on a general layout proposal with me? Not in any rush obviously.

This would just be a test idea, and if you don't think it will work or want to complain the entire time don't join. If you have legit input, pm me?