Verified:

TAN Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 17:48:53

We, in PDM, are still reviewing whether or not we'll be discontinuing landtrading this upcoming set. Although nothing official, we may put it on hold due to the outcry this set.

But if we do stop, congrats for doing something about it rather than crying to the mods to fix the game.

Once again, I am not saying we're stopping, but we are reviewing this policy for next set. We may or may not make a public post announcing this decision.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Kalick Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 18:05:53

Too little, too late. MD is coming for you.

Trife Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 18:09:52

Too little, too late, TAN. You already hurt the kittens I gave you in our FA talks this reset and so LCN is coming for you too. We will not stop until we have 1) our kittens back (tisya included), and 2) ZEN

Trife Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 18:15:30

Also

3) Purposeful1 demands another sweaty, glovetastic burger brodate with you as well

We will not stop until we have 1, 2 and 3.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2011, 18:43:42

I'm going to land trade your face off mother fools!

ZIP Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 19:24:01

you better landtrade to get your economy going so at least you have a chance
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 2nd 2011, 19:56:32

Originally posted by TAN:
Once again, I am not saying we're stopping, but we are reviewing this policy for next set. We may or may not make a public post announcing this decision.

This thread is not a public post on the matter.

TBH, I still don't see the problem with some folks doing internal grabbing to learn about how to grab without screwing other folks over. Would other tags rather have an 8k dict grabbing a 20k casher in YOUR tag, or grab another 8k dict in the same tag? :p

That's what it comes down to, IMO -- it's a great training tool but it's definitely something that can give you a major competitive advantage when used by ppl who know what they're doing. I do like seeing "legit" countries at the top, even if they aren't from my tag. :(
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 2nd 2011, 19:59:04

*landgrabs pang*
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 2nd 2011, 20:06:13

*retals*
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

En4cer85

Dec 2nd 2011, 20:46:59

*bonus post*

Mr.Silver

Dec 2nd 2011, 20:48:00

Declares war on En4cer's bonus post.

Menion Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 20:49:30

Polices for Mr.Silver

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2011, 20:59:37

You guys said this when you first started land-trading and guess what, you're still doing it. Clearly no one likes when PDM has crappy netting countries grab those with the most land on the server just so they can have big numbers and force the other guy to rebuild when they should be destocking. However, there's a big difference between that and your 60k land traders who obviously are not using it as a "training tool."

hanlong Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 21:01:02

*holds PDM war plans in my hands*

when do i release them TAN?
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Detmer Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 21:16:08

Originally posted by Tertius:
force the other guy to rebuild when they should be destocking.

Since when is holding billions of dollars on hand with little defense a smart thing to do? You act like it is some sort of right. PDM isn't even the worst about "stock stealing" but it is a strategic play with large gains.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2011, 21:39:30

I didn't mention stock stealing and I actually meant to write stocking, my bad. I agree with you, leaving your stock home is a silly move especially when it is so easy to keep it on the market. Like when that top laf guy a few sets ago had 58B cash on hand with like 2M turrets... feel free to grab those guys =P

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2011, 21:50:31

I'll grab your face.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 21:55:19

Any alliance that does 1:1 retals instead of land:land+ghosts supports landtrading.

If you don't have a retal policy which prevents people from grabbing you and benefiting from it, then your policy allows, and in fact encourages landtrading. It doesn't support coordinated landtrading, but it does encourage the grabbing of others creating ghost acres.

Only the alliances with policies in place to penalize people who create ghost acres are the alliances actually against landtrading.

archaic Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 21:56:39

Originally posted by Tertius:
You guys said this when you first started land-trading and guess what, you're still doing it. Clearly no one likes when PDM has crappy netting countries grab those with the most land on the server just so they can have big numbers and force the other guy to rebuild when they should be destocking. However, there's a big difference between that and your 60k land traders who obviously are not using it as a "training tool."

You act as if we invented it - which, while flattering is untrue. Land-trading pretty much evolved from the ghost acre rule tweaks. Secondly, you seem to be confusing land-trading with stock stealing, which amounts to confusing consensual sex with rape.

Finally, we said we are looking into ending the organized land-trading, so . . . thats what we are doing. Regardless of the land trading decision, we will still landgrab, and if your pimply assed country is sitting there with low defense and lots of yummy bushels, you may still expect a visit from the Jet Fairy.

;D
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Atryn Game profile

Dec 3rd 2011, 1:37:55

wait, I'm confused now. I'm not really in favor of landtrading but I am all for consensual sex... Damn you and your analogies!!!

hanlong Game profile

Dec 3rd 2011, 3:39:25

the problem about the analogy is when you get raped, you don't rape someone back (aka retal), but after you get stock stolen, you'd sure as hell retal :P

but landtrading is definitely like consensual sex.

and some of us are moral police, we just don't want to see it done publicly and gratuitously (aka in the game news)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Chaoswind Game profile

Dec 3rd 2011, 3:44:58

hmmm

Then all we have to do is remove the news feed :)

problem solved :)
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

archaic Game profile

Dec 3rd 2011, 3:46:01

^
|
+1
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Detmer Game profile

Dec 3rd 2011, 4:10:46

TTT

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 3rd 2011, 7:20:36

Originally posted by archaic:

You act as if we invented it - which, while flattering is untrue. Land-trading pretty much evolved from the ghost acre rule tweaks. Secondly, you seem to be confusing land-trading with stock stealing, which amounts to confusing consensual sex with rape.

Finally, we said we are looking into ending the organized land-trading, so . . . thats what we are doing. Regardless of the land trading decision, we will still landgrab, and if your pimply assed country is sitting there with low defense and lots of yummy bushels, you may still expect a visit from the Jet Fairy.

;D

Uh, I never mentioned stock stealing, you can look at my other post. Every time PDM has grabbed me (regardless of my alliance) they have lost a lot more in the exchange. I'm not a fan of ghost acres. I don't keep low defense. I don't keep lots of yummy bushels home. I don't believe in the Jet Fairy. I don't respect PDM's ability to grab, net, or war. GG. HF. Don't suck. etc.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 3rd 2011, 13:38:02

Post your country number next set and I'll show you how good we can grab :)

KingKaosKnows

Dec 3rd 2011, 15:14:11

Lol that is actually an insult to yourself Tertius because you clearly said you aren't worth grabbing and the only ones that do so are the trainees that don't know how to land grab.

If your country has fluffty land, fluffty tech, fluffty stock on hand and a lot of defense, then you aren't worth grabbing and pretty much means you have no chance of getting top 10 (or +180m net), so why the fluff waste jets and oil on you?

If you have a good country with lots of defense people will stock stalk you, and wait for that time you forget to sent that billion bushels to the market you may not know they are watching, but they are :P

If you can't even build a decent country, then hell yeah you will get ahead in all exchanges.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 3rd 2011, 17:01:03

Ack, you caught me. I can't run a decent country. I don't even buy tech or stock, it's against the religious beliefs of my theocracy.

KingKaosKnows

Dec 3rd 2011, 18:14:55

:P

Not the reaction I expected

Anyways, I am usually a communist heavy on turrets and low on tech/stock so by definition I run a fluffty country too :)

However, I am one of those stock stalkers :D

Then again I focus myself in express and primary

GreenMan Game profile

Dec 3rd 2011, 18:19:38

This is at least interesting. (and this is a bonus post)

trumper Game profile

Dec 6th 2011, 18:44:51

Originally posted by Rockman:
Any alliance that does 1:1 retals instead of land:land+ghosts supports landtrading.

If you don't have a retal policy which prevents people from grabbing you and benefiting from it, then your policy allows, and in fact encourages landtrading. It doesn't support coordinated landtrading, but it does encourage the grabbing of others creating ghost acres.

Only the alliances with policies in place to penalize people who create ghost acres are the alliances actually against landtrading.

I think it's the other way around. The land:land policies and lack of untaggeds/small alliances because of farming has led to landtrading. The trick to landtrading is having a manageable (aka relatively low) defense and in an alliance that will defend the acres you acquire through land:land. If you removed the L:L then those landtraders would definitely be topfed, shoot midfed, by other alliances.