Verified:

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2012, 13:25:09

thats why weve discussed multiple times ways to lower tempo without making it so there is a hard cutoff

the simple version is change walling to be inefficient at low pop

the actual problem is timezones and time commitment, quite often you will see a small alliance able to make kills during the first 2 days when they have stored turns but as the turns run out and they have a higher proportion of their own countries unable to attack they can completely fall apart and do things like dropping back to only 1 warchat a day

i do not think kills should be allowed in team at 5, in alliance at 5 i believe you should be able to get some kills in 1 run/day and have some require a second day, with the amount you can kill exceeding the amount of pop that can be regained

now you can get up to a 18.66 multiplier, that is someone walling at 5 civs would require 17 people to kill them

if you want to tune it so 5 people can get a kill in 2 days then they do 175 hits per day, or 350 in 2 days

with a base of 230 that means we want someone to be able to wall 120 hits in 24 or 48 hours. 82 to 164 turns that implies min kill should be .75 to 1.5 times minimum pop regain

you could either change gs/br to kill 30-60 minimum or change pop regain, potentially based on hits received per recent time period

i argue walling destroys the ability to balance the game with a lower tempo

and removing stored turns only changes the initial tempo not the prolonged one

Edited By: enshula on Jan 12th 2012, 13:39:22
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit