Verified:

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 6:03:28

qz/martian: The change to provide 1 acre per 10 turns played in a restart allows someone to track who a country's restart is. If I am in a war and I ordered to kill some country that has played 1670 turns (from spying him before the kill run), then I would know his restart has 100+1670=1770 acres at the time of creation.

This has practical uses because 2 resets ago, during the first Evo/LaF war, many Evo members restarted as untags to grow, and with this change, we would now be able to accurately track which untagged restarts are Evo even if they don't tag up immediately.

This is something for you to consider, and I think it is a bad idea. A workaround could be to instead offer 200 acres per 200 turns played, so the restart tracking is far less accurate (but still doable to narrow down countries to less than a handful).

Another workaround would be to code in something to not immediately add the free restart acres on creation, but only to add them after spending at least 1 turn. Or have a mechanic to add 10 acres per actual turn spent in the restarted country until all the restart acres have been credited. That way, building costs will scale properly as well and not start out absurdly high on turn 1.

And even then, the restarted country can still be tracked by its starting NW which would be 4717 + all the freebies (mainly the CS/money/land and very minor from pop) that can be calculated. SO the only real way a restart would be able to hide his restarted is to play turns within the 5 min window of every Scores update/newsfeed. As such, the restart freebies should not credited on country creation, but only after spending at least the first turn.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Feb 11th 2012, 6:15:56
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit