Verified:

hanlong Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 15:55:32

after a month of fun for both sides LaF/MD will cease all hostilities.

good luck to all parties!
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Y-NoT Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 15:59:09

Confirmed.

Congratulations to LaF on their victory!

Y-NoT
Foreign Minister
Moral Decay

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 20th 2012, 16:05:25

I don't think it was fun for MD, just sayn'

UBer Bu Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 16:10:02

Speak for yourself 8)
-take off every sig.

Duna Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 16:47:52

Agree with requiem. Doubt it was fun for MD:)

Pride Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 16:48:15

Was fun for me.
War is all I know.:)

Congratz on your victory Laf

Pride/MD

Academus Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 17:31:50

We like to win wars - but if we lose, we still have fun.

congrats to Laf

Academus/MD

Karim Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 18:12:10

I disagree, but i am a soldier.
-[Panzer Division MD]-

maverickmd Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 18:16:36

I won. On both sides.

Alin Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 18:57:36

after about 1 month of farm ?

drdial Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 19:06:44

from and old super vet back for his first set in years. we lost the war but we had a great time doing it.

congrats to LAF on there win

davidoss Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 20:21:54

Setting aside the appalling reasons for going to war to begin with (as it has already been extensively outlined previously in posts with the scandalous logs) and the shame of having temporarily lost a valuable ally at the beginning of this set, I'd personally like to think MD for providing us a well fought war. We appreciate the time and effort you guys put in this set with the war. Let's hope that amidst all the finger-pointing and blame-games, we find a way to work together towards mending our relationship which has been wounded by all the lies, betrayal and deceit. I guess when things hit rock-bottom, the only way to go is up.

Once again, thank you all in MD for making this a fun war played in good spirit throughout. Well done by both sides.

Alin Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 21:27:30

Well, if you wanted relation to be better you should not farm them for a whole month.

I doubt they will be your ally soon, not because the FS, not because of war, reasons, logs etc. But because of the humiliation of farming them for a whole month.

This will prolly get back to you at a point ... they always did in this game!

lazysnail Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 21:29:09

what war?

Trife Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 21:32:35

Originally posted by Alin:
Well, if you wanted relation to be better you should not farm them for a whole month.

I doubt they will be your ally soon, not because the FS, not because of war, reasons, logs etc. But because of the humiliation of farming them for a whole month.

Glad to hear those leaked logs have nothing to do with anything!

davidoss Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 21:45:30

Originally posted by davidoss:
Setting aside the appalling reasons for going to war to begin with (as it has already been extensively outlined previously in posts with the scandalous logs) and the shame of having temporarily lost a valuable ally at the beginning of this set, I'd personally like to think MD for providing us a well fought war. We appreciate the time and effort you guys put in this set with the war. Let's hope that amidst all the finger-pointing and blame-games, we find a way to work together towards mending our relationship which has been wounded by all the lies, betrayal and deceit. I guess when things hit rock-bottom, the only way to go is up.

Once again, thank you all in MD for making this a fun war played in good spirit throughout. Well done by both sides.

You make it sound as if we said "No" to a ceasefire at any point in time this war. Perhaps you know more than me in this case ;)

We fought against each other this war, it doesn't necessarily mean that we're always going to be enemies.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Mar 20th 2012, 21:47:24

You make it sound as if we said "No" to a ceasefire at any point in time this war. Perhaps you know more than me in this case ;)

We fought against each other this war, it doesn't necessarily mean that we're always going to be enemies.

davidoss, are you arguing with yourself? o.O

Alin Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 21:48:40

Altought you did replied to yourself ... i see your point.

Du no other details about CF, but like i said - farming them for over 1 month ( and not killing ) tells a lot about the respect you have at a point for that alliance. Killing instade of farming would have make you look better ... in my book of values!

Don`t judge me to hard !!!

Son Goku Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 21:51:12

Du no other details about CF, but like i said - farming them for over 1 month ( and not killing ) tells a lot about the respect you have at a point for that alliance. Killing instade of farming would have make you look better ... in my book of values!

That's a reflection of the new restart changes.

Alin Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 21:53:57

Du no - may be the reflection of the "afraid to loose a valuable ally" and loose the ability to blindside any alliance at any given point | - * |

davidoss Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 21:54:47

I'm not judging you Alin, I wasn't trying to question you or insult you. I was merely stating my point of view.

Firstly, we're netgainers.

Secondly, we were forced to war this set. Majority of our members were prepared to for a peaceful netgaining reset. We were never going to keep killing continuously out of spite. We did what had to be done, and that was all. Why labour on and push salt into a wound. We didn't enjoy doing this to people who we thought were our friends.

Yes, we were hurt, and wanted revenge after feeling betrayed. But no, we weren't going to keep killing out of spite.

Forgotten

Mar 20th 2012, 21:55:17

Its obvious that LaF is in the wrong to some people no matter the circumstances or the facts in place.

I don't speak for LaF, but what they decide to do during the war is their business.

No one talked about our missile assault on our own countries, which is more important.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 20th 2012, 22:21:35

a) this is the reality of modern warfare, adapt or die. We adapted, the question is will you?

b) It isn't as though MD approached us for a CF any time during that month.

c) why is humiliating an opponent necessarily a bad thing? This is a tactic LaF likes using, as it creates disincentive to pick a fight with us in the future. As a stated in point (a) warfare has changed to make this tactic the MOST viable option, but even before the recent changes it was still a viable option and one that LaF utilized frequently. Not because we "need our land" or whatever other dribble you may make up, but because of the reasons stated in the first half of this point.

Alin Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 22:29:42

You the man!!! so you humiliate people and after that you aproach them to resign pacts ?

Remember - no powerhouse lasted to long in this game - is how things are meant to be!!!

Out of here! not my problem - but i am at fault for not liking hypocrisy!

Rogue8 Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 22:33:09

1. This isn't modern warfare... it's a game. Don't campare the two.
2. As an MDer, it sucked big time... but it is apart of the game and I still had fun pestering LAFs small countries.
3. What goes around comes around, one day LAF will be in our situation and it will suck for them too. Most of them will do what we did and just hit anything they can and still have fun.

GG LAF!
"Through the mud and the blood to the green fields beyond" - Perseverance

Moral Decay

SolidSnake Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 22:33:39

Eh? idk what you guys are talking about, farming is to try and netgain not to try and humiliate an opponent.

Most laffers like netgaining, so those that still have an opportunity to do so after a war is won are generally allowed to do so.

I cant remember rejecting peoples offers for ceasefires, yet alone on the ground of trying to humiliate them. If we were to reject a ceasefire it would be to give people the opportunity to netgain which was otherwise removed by whoever decided to war us.

hanlong Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 22:35:43

today was the first day MD asked us for a ceasefire. and we agreed when they asked. if they wanted to CF earlier, they could've asked earlier.

last reset SOL asked for a CF after 24 hours, and we gave them one. i'm not quite certain of the point you are making exactly Alin. you make it sound like it takes one to ceasefire, both sides have to agree to one to make it happen. if MD wanted to war, we can't just pretend nothing was happening and ceasefire on our side.

MD/LaF relations will be solved between LaF/MD leaders and not SOL members ;) don't worry about us.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Alin Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 22:42:52

Well let me tell you smth Mr. Don Hanlong Of La Famiglia:

In my book of values farming an alliance, and not killing it`s humiliation. Also, in my book of values you should always respect your enemy - if you want to be respected.

And You just failed!

Alin
Over a decade proud member of RAGE, ARROW and SOL in that order.

hanlong Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 22:48:00

just wondering Alin, did you just come back to this game?

the new reset changes make crippling restarts an option vs killing restarts. you should go look at them first ;P

it has nothing to do with respect or not. we respect all alliances. =) we fight the way we feel is the best to achieve victory.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

davidoss Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 22:51:07

Alin, unfortunately those are your sentiments. And you are free to feel the way you do. No one's going to hold anything against you for having your own opinion. But please try to understand that others may not share the same opinion you do with regards to the whole farmings vs. killing --> humiliation concept.

Locutus Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 22:52:50

It seems like a valid war tactic of LaF to adapt to changed game rules. I do not think MD thinks negatively of their chosen war tactic of farming MD.

As a result MD started to put their own countries in DR to protect against it and allow for some growth, and thus also adapting to the new situation.

And as long as MD did not ask for a cease fire, then whats the problem? Seems to me like MD actively chose to pursue warfare while being in the situation they were in.

Forum Moderator

Mar 20th 2012, 23:29:22

Originally posted by Rogue8:
1. This isn't modern warfare... it's a game. Don't campare the two.
2. As an MDer, it sucked big time... but it is apart of the game and I still had fun pestering LAFs small countries.
3. What goes around comes around, one day LAF will be in our situation and it will suck for them too. Most of them will do what we did and just hit anything they can and still have fun.

GG LAF!

Err... I was obviously referring to "modern warfare" within the context of warfare in the game, not war in real life. Use your head...

Also, LaF has been doing this for years. Hell go back to 2003 to the LaF/PDM war, we were farming PDM after we had reduced their threat level there too. This isn't a new method for us so I dont' know why you are trying to act as though it is. However, this method has become EVEN BETTER than it used be given the restart changes, so if you expect us to stop utilizing it at this point then you are crazy

In my book of values farming an alliance, and not killing it`s humiliation. Also, in my book of values you should always respect your enemy - if you want to be respected.

And You just failed!

Alin
Over a decade proud member of RAGE, ARROW and SOL in that order.

Good for you and your values. I think your problem is that you mistaken war in this game for "killing". No ware does it state that war needs to be conducted in such a way.

The best method of fighting a war is the method where you win. In the past that generally involved MOSTLY killing, because killing was the most efficient way to disable the enemy.

The fact that killing = most efficient method (previously) in no way implies that it is the only moral method to wage a war (if such a thing exists). Nor does it imply that you have to stick with the "killing method" should it cease to become the most efficient method to wage your war.

What exactly makes it more "moral" to kill vs. other tactics anyway? Because it is what people are used to? Give me a break...

Edited By: H4xOr WaNgEr on Mar 20th 2012, 23:33:46
See Original Post

locket Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 23:38:29

I just wanted some land :P seemed reasonable to me ;)

Forgotten

Mar 21st 2012, 0:04:00

Don is a title,

Don't need a Mr. in front of it.

You dont' call your doctor, Mr. Dr. SPAMYOURFACE
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Sov Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 0:31:32

I've been in MD's situation before, and against LAF no less ;)

When I first became an Alliance leader my Alliance was FSed by LAF 3 days later due to problems with my predecessor. LAF was already at war with 3 other Alliances as well. The other 3 Alliances later surrendered to LAF but I chose not to. My alliance kept itself occupied taking out LAF restarts in our range.

That war allowed LAF and my Alliance to develop a healthy respect for each other and the very next set we became close allies. For many years following we were among the closest allies in the game.

I am still going to steal TOB though.

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 1:06:17

You're forgetting one thing Alin. The new restart changes. If we killed MD countries, they would restart with a country better than a BRed/ABed country, plus they would be harder to find as untag countries that can stock up discreetly.

From a warring point of view, farming MD was a way better choice.

Forum Moderator

Mar 21st 2012, 1:13:58

Apparently that doesn't matter Xin, because killing is the only acceptable war tactic.

Firefly

Mar 21st 2012, 1:23:45

What makes no sense to me is the idea of morality in war. It's war for fluff sakes!

Anyways MD I think you showed great pride in continuing to fight, even after it became a farm fest. So congrats to you on that. I as a LaFer, look at that as a good thing and in no way humiliating. It really shows that you guys are a solid group to keep restarting and fighting together.

I am a bit sad I didn't get to send Mags that replacement Wendy's frosty. :( In the end good war, hope we can all just enjoy the game.

MrX Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 2:14:26

nice play there MDers,
you just give me a good dozed for my insomnia...

Best Regards,
________
Join LaF { http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=LaF }
-+=[ Semper Paratus et Fidelis ] http://www.lafamiglia.org {iCQ: 168700501}

Forgotten

Mar 21st 2012, 2:14:46

DQ Blizzard > Wendy Frosties
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

ninong Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 2:47:47

pdm + imag vs md in 1 week. lets do this!
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

ArsenalMD Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 14:23:07

Classy as ever LaF.

Directed at req and duna..

Edited By: ArsenalMD on Mar 21st 2012, 14:25:36. Reason: didn't scoll down!
See Original Post

Son Goku Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 14:43:51

Originally posted by ArsenalMD:
Classy as ever LaF.

Neither are in LaF, but stay bitter.

hanlong Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 16:45:41

Originally posted by ArsenalMD:
Classy as ever LaF.

how does pdm and rival members have to do with LaF classy-ness? :D
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Karim Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 17:23:34

Personally i think LaF did the right thing: kill breakers then farm. You kill a country that may represent a danger: if it doesn't anymore why give up on free landfarms?

With that being said, there would be other things i'd like to say, but MD has a strict policy about arguing on AT so i will refrain.
-[Panzer Division MD]-

TNTroXxor Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 17:28:21

Hmmm detmer havent post..
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Duna Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 19:08:20

btw, MD did a nice job:) You are second after LCN this reset.

Pride Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 19:25:41

2nd in ?

Detmer Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 19:26:45

Originally posted by TNTroXxor:
Hmmm detmer havent post..

And what of it?

Pride Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 19:28:07

Detmer=PDM