Verified:

Rockman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:32:06

If land:land retals are bad because they discourage grabbing, then don't escalating retals also discourage grabbing?

If you have a 1:1 retal policy, why should 2 hits get 3 retals instead of 2?

Some Guy

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:33:32

because you touch yourself at night

spawn Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:39:38

greediness is a sin, so the +1 retal (for 2 grabs) is Gods punishment ;)
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Rockman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:45:26

Originally posted by spawn:

Grabbing once isn't being greedy, but grabbing twice is?

Chevs

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:47:46

Originally posted by Rockman:

yeah you should have only grabbed 1 boob, and had your other hand on her waist. when you grab both boobs with both hands your just a disgusting perve and you need extra punishment
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:58:14

1:1, 2:1, 3:Retal Run.

Rockman and I coined this term "Retal Run".

I am bringing it to the public of AT.

You're Welcome,

ZEN
Female Body Inspector
LCN

Rockman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 19:17:49

Originally posted by ZEN:
1:1, 2:1, 3:Retal Run.

Rockman and I coined this term "Retal Run".

I am bringing it to the public of AT.

You're Welcome,

ZEN
Female Body Inspector
LCN

You coined that term. I did not. You're as dumb as IMP.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2011, 19:28:15

I tried to give you credit, you tool. Give some validation to your constant whining on every board.

But alas, to no avail.

Now we have to listen to your decade late ramblings with no actual contribution on your part.

Oh well. I guess I will take full credit. I got some RR to do. Makes me sound relaxed all the time. I like it.

ZEN
DUMB AS THEY COME
LCN

Rockman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 19:29:31

In other words you tried lying about me, and got caught?

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2011, 19:33:11

Are we talking about definitions here? I know how wide your definition boundaries bend. So, sure. I lied (by definition) and said you coined something (that was awesome) when in fact you didn't (don't have the creative thinking for the task). Just trying to get people to like you more (besides mommy).

Pay no attention to the parenthesis'. Those go outside Webster's reach.

Tool.

Chevs

Mar 23rd 2011, 19:36:44

rename this to escalating thread plz kthx
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2011, 19:37:30

Chevs. Stop trying to cross tag retal.

Jiman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 20:22:52

Isnt it also dependent on pacts?
One issue with L:L is that sometimes it takes 3+ grabs to make up for a single grab. Escalating grabs are atleast a controled method of doing retals. Besides if you knew how to play your country you should be able to get your land back plus some in a single grab anyways.

Also, if retals were not escalating, how would you be able to deal with a country that grabbed you 14 times in a 7 day period? Just as an example.

Also, there were great wars in the past against L:L and the L:L side lost :P

Rockman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 20:41:22

Originally posted by Jiman:
Isnt it also dependent on pacts?
One issue with L:L is that sometimes it takes 3+ grabs to make up for a single grab. Escalating grabs are atleast a controled method of doing retals. Besides if you knew how to play your country you should be able to get your land back plus some in a single grab anyways.

Also, if retals were not escalating, how would you be able to deal with a country that grabbed you 14 times in a 7 day period? Just as an example.

Also, there were great wars in the past against L:L and the L:L side lost :P

If a country grabbed 14 times in 7 days, wouldn't 14 retals be enough? And if its not enough, what determines that 14 retals for 14 attacks isn't enough, but 1 retal for 1 attack is enough?

As for your arguments about land:land, why bring that up? I'm just asking why 3:2 is used rather than 2:2.

Jiman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 21:03:06

Its an example of past wars that have dictated what kind of FR enviroment that we are currently in. If wars panned out differently from the past, the way we look at certain retal policies today would likely be different.

It basicly comes down to what alliances believe is acceptable, and if they can back up those beliefs vs those alliance who do not agree with those beliefs.

It is my assumption that based over a period of time, that is a very general policy that is widely accepted because its what most alliance feel is acceptable right now.

I am just trying to explain why this kind of policy is used now a days, not the reasoning behind them (because there are a wide range of varying reasons to be given on why this is acceptable).

My reasoning to why I think this is the generally accepted retal policy is because its is an aggressive approach to dealing with retals that have been put in place by aggressive alliances who like to war.

Rockman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 22:19:00

Originally posted by Jiman:
Its an example of past wars that have dictated what kind of FR enviroment that we are currently in. If wars panned out differently from the past, the way we look at certain retal policies today would likely be different.

It basicly comes down to what alliances believe is acceptable, and if they can back up those beliefs vs those alliance who do not agree with those beliefs.

It is my assumption that based over a period of time, that is a very general policy that is widely accepted because its what most alliance feel is acceptable right now.

I am just trying to explain why this kind of policy is used now a days, not the reasoning behind them (because there are a wide range of varying reasons to be given on why this is acceptable).

My reasoning to why I think this is the generally accepted retal policy is because its is an aggressive approach to dealing with retals that have been put in place by aggressive alliances who like to war.

Ah, that makes sense then.

I've come to the same conclusion, that war alliances determine the dominant retal policy of the server.

I'm more curious as to why these alliances have come up with the current retal policies than why these alliances are able to enforce these policies on other people.

Notorious Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 22:26:14

its to make the point that 2 grabs in a certain window of time is a greater offense than 2 grabs done over a period of time greater than that window

i grab you day 10 and day 25 of the reset: two grabs, two retals
i grab you day 24 and day 25 of the reset: two grabs, three retals
*eats a banana*
Notebook Pusher

Mr.Silver

Mar 23rd 2011, 22:32:15

but what if I'm more offended if you grabbed me on day 10 and 25 than 24/25? :P

Rockman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 22:38:59

Originally posted by Notorious:
its to make the point that 2 grabs in a certain window of time is a greater offense than 2 grabs done over a period of time greater than that window

i grab you day 10 and day 25 of the reset: two grabs, two retals
i grab you day 24 and day 25 of the reset: two grabs, three retals

Why should I be more offended by grabs on day 24 and day 25 than grabs on day 10 and day 25?

Jiman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 22:45:40

What Notorious said brings up the mind set that occurs after you make a successful grab.

It can take some effort to make that first grab. Figuring out amount of def their allies have, military and tech through successful spy opts.
After that you can grab the country (unless you want to attack blind). Now that you know what will break based on the losses given, you have a oppertunity to avoid using more turns by grabbing that same country for the same break. Its a much easier thing to do to make a grab after you know the break. Not 'punishing' that kind of behavior will make it habit forming against your alliance. Then you start getting double tapped all the time.

This goes back to grabbing within periods of time. Atleast when you grab on day 10 then on day 25, the time is spread out and military would of changed. Within a day the chances the break would change on that country is much less unlikely.

Evolution Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 23:07:00

Sol tried to stop L:L and partially failed.

The way better land retal solution would be:

C:C, clan vs clan, wouldn't that mess people up if you only could retal 1:1, but could retal any country in their clan :X.

Escalating vs the country that did the lg or 1:1 vs the whole clan :X. It would make land land redundant as good lging would allow you to trade your land back :X.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Jiman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 23:19:03

SOL also partially won :P

Anonymous

Mar 24th 2012, 5:08:10

One war doesn't mean you have won anything.

Pain Game profile

Mar 24th 2012, 6:31:37

lol wtf with the old bumps
Your mother is a nice woman

Ivan Game profile

Mar 24th 2012, 8:59:02

SOL partially won? SOL topfeed SoFs biggest country which happend to be helmet and then got run into the ground :D

Not sure what you won in that war :P

Sifos Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 0:05:05

They don't discourage single grabs.
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

TNTroXxor Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 8:25:24

Originally posted by Chevs:
Originally posted by Rockman:

yeah you should have only grabbed 1 boob, and had your other hand on her waist. when you grab both boobs with both hands your just a disgusting perve and you need extra punishment

Sooooooooo thats why !!!!!
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 25th 2012, 12:47:18

Rockman:

Paradigm retals 1:1 and only accepts 1:1 retals for cross country retals (when the retaller is not the country for whom the retals are being made).

:)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 25th 2012, 12:48:45

Although i should also add we do have some sort of escalation but it's only to protect from being farmed:

Paradigm escalates retals on an entire tag basis in a 48 hour window. The first six hits on Paradigm by any countries in another given tag to any countries in Paradigm will be retalled 1:1. The seventh, through twelfth hits from the same given tag against Paradigm will be retalled 3:1 each. Paradigm does not accept more than 12 attacks from any tag in a 48 hour window.

Helmet Game profile

Mar 28th 2012, 2:11:21

It was a moral victory Ivan.

Jiman Game profile

Mar 28th 2012, 2:13:41

Originally posted by Helmet:
It was a moral victory Ivan.
THhhaaankk you.