Verified:

Tin Man

Mar 27th 2012, 15:08:52

you guys should honestly put some good thought into making it easier to stockpile money, obviously us vets get the whole buy bushels stock on market destock etc. But that makes no sence to someone who is trying this game out for the first time.

Or even a private bank that has a set interest rate or w/e.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 27th 2012, 16:04:38

bank has been suggested before and nays to it were that bushels aren't bought that much anymore and players would put their cash to bank to be safe from landgrabbers.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Mar 27th 2012, 16:05:00

i was unaware that first time players generally did well enough (without somebody teaching them) to need to stockpile :P

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 27th 2012, 17:33:19

I think developing an entire market for money/investment would be a good addition to the game and add more levels of game play. I'm just not sure how it would be implemented.

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 27th 2012, 18:04:00

Exchange rates.

Put some of your money on the public market at a set price (with the same limits as military, can only put like 25% on the market). Another country buys your money, and the value of that money rises and falls, depending on your country's networth, and the other country's networth. The money that is bought gets put into a private 'bank' until the country wishes to actually use the money. Once the money leaves the bank, it can not be put back in. Very vulnerable to the 'Bomb Banks' spy op.

If your country ends up dead, the value of the money the other country bought goes to zero.

Just a very basic draft of an idea which has the potential of either being a new strategy or a gigantic waste of time, depending on how others use it.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 27th 2012, 19:30:20

i guess latter
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 28th 2012, 0:30:06

o.O it sounds complicated Nuk, but potentially very cool if done well...
Finally did the signature thing.

midevil.chaos Game profile

Mar 31st 2012, 22:59:40

That is interesting actually. I'm not sure I fully understand, but an interesting idea, Nuke!

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 3rd 2012, 15:21:04

That's the trouble; I don't fully understand how it could be implemented in this game, because I don't fully understand how it's implemented in real life.

Some questions:

Does the initial value of the money purchased depend on the networth of the country that purchased it, or the networth of the country that sold it, or both? Should the value be affected by the networth of the buyer, the networth of the seller, or both?

Should participants in this new market know who is buying their money? Should buyers know whose money they bought?

Should sellers have the option of limiting buyers to those of his or her alliance? Should they have the option of recalling their money from the market?

A problem I could see is a suicider buying up a large amount of cash, then dropping networth, thus devaluing the money of the seller.

Maybe someone with an actual background in exchange rates, economy, etc could chime in.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2012, 18:09:46

I have no idea how a bank would work but it's kind of interesting... and fits the style of the game... and they had one in BRE. You could invest money for 10 days, then you wouldn't have access to it but it would grow interest. Or you could just store it in the bank, not invest, and withdraw at any time.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.