Verified:

Tin Man

Apr 21st 2012, 16:52:01

on slow ass DSL... any suggestions?(using firefox atm but willing to change that)

Marshal Game profile

Apr 21st 2012, 19:31:02

many use internet explorer or chrome (or chromium-based browser).

disabling pics from browser speeds up pageloading.

good mouse helps a bit too.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

bstrong86 Game profile

Apr 23rd 2012, 1:01:02

i prefer firefox over ie..seems faster too me. but if i let my laptop slip nto sleep mode ff wont operate correctly for first few minutes.
The Death Knights

XI

tduong Game profile

Apr 23rd 2012, 1:49:31

Originally posted by Tin Man:
on slow ass DSL... any suggestions?(using firefox atm but willing to change that)

if it's your connection then there's nothing you can do really. Disabling pics won't do anything because the pics only download once and it recall from your internet temp folder.
Changing browser probably won't work either. Just get a better connection. I find it hard to believe that it can be that bad because when i had to play on 56k, it was almost instant loading.
BTW, this game literally takes almost no bandwidth since there's hardly any graphics and the codes are not processed on your computer. Also, it's mostly integer which saves a lot of bandwidth.
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

chem20 Game profile

Apr 23rd 2012, 3:02:12

yep

Chand Game profile

Jun 2nd 2012, 20:30:48

Use chrome
-Rival HC-

Marshal Game profile

Jun 2nd 2012, 20:37:39

or chromium-based browser, free from google's spy-eyes.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Jun 3rd 2012, 23:26:55

chrome is definitely the fastest for killing

ive tried them all
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

chem20 Game profile

Jun 4th 2012, 1:11:03

yep

WarTime

Jan 14th 2013, 22:14:18

Big problem with chrome. When you open a new tab it creates another instance of chrome running under processes. In WinXP you just hit ctrl, alt and delete and it brings up your MMC (microsoft management control), click on processes and you'll see what I'm saying. For each "tab" you have open in chrome there is another instance of it created in processes.

Jimmy, firefox is better one to use. If you're not to worried about readiness, after you type in country and what to send (find out if it works 1st)
then go back to where you enter country and what to send, click send,
when you get to confirm attack? hold down enter, then click send
while holding that down also

118 turns used in less than 2 seconds. :)

chem20 Game profile

Jan 14th 2013, 23:02:42

do it!

Tin Man

Jan 15th 2013, 6:24:59

right on... im gonna give it a go on Alpha ;)

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 15th 2013, 8:02:12

I used to do a similar speed attack on the old earth. It would empty your turns almost instantly, half the turns used didn't lose readiness, and some times you 'd end up with more attacks than your turns should have allowed.

I used to use EE, and you'd have to hit the tab button until the attack icon was highlighted, then hold the enter button down while pounding away on the space bar. Didn't know if it worked here or not. Never tried.
The EEVIL Empire