Verified:

Angel1 Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 14:58:34

Here at the Omega, we have a confession to make: Other chilis just won't do...we want Cincinnati Chili.

This is the good news (gospel) as known by Omegans.

Three cheers for Cincinnati Chili!

Ingredients

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
Kosher salt
1 6-ounce can tomato sauce
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons chopped unsweetened chocolate
1 tablespoon cider or red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Freshly ground pepper
12 ounces cooked spaghetti
1 19-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 pound grated cheddar cheese
Oyster crackers, for serving

Directions
Heat the oil in a medium Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium heat. Add half the chopped onions and the garlic and cook until soft, stirring, about 5 minutes. Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, allspice, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne and cloves. Cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add the beef and cook the mixture, stirring, until the beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon salt.

Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, bay leaf and 1 1/2 cups water; simmer the mixture, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thicker. Add the chocolate, vinegar and Worcestershire and cook until the mixture is thickened but still soupy, about 15 more minutes.

Discard the bay leaf and season the chili with the freshly ground pepper. Divide the spaghetti among bowls and top with the chili, beans, remaining onion and cheddar. Serve with the oyster crackers.

Ways of Cincinnati Chili
Two Way - Top Spaghetti with Chili.
Three Way - add Cheddar Cheese
Four Way - add Onions
Five Way - add Kidney Beans
-Angel1

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 7th 2012, 15:28:20

mmmmmm chili

Let me see if I can come up with an appropriate Evolution response.... I have one here somewhere in my email...
Finally did the signature thing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 7th 2012, 15:33:48

Evolution Chili (Courtesy of Colin)

This one is the Evolved Word of Chili; With Guiness!

Warning though, this is only the rough outline since it is different every time!

Meat mixture
1.5-2 pounds ground beef
1 pound sirloin (or any half decent cut of beef - don't buy expensive since it is going to be stewed anyways).
4 clove garlic (or equivalent in garlic powder)
2 onions
Olive oil - enough to fry these ingredients, ~3 tablespoons
(I also sometimes use sliced sausage but you must be extremely careful to buy non-salty sausage if you use it!)

Sauce base
1 dark beer (I use the regular kind of Guinness)
1 cup strong coffee
1 can of beef broth (12ish ounces?) (I also use low sodium for this if I can find it)
5 to 6 large-ish tomatoes (or one of those big cans of peeled tomatoes)
2-3 cups tomato sauce

Other stuff
5 spicy chili peppers (or jalapenos - pick your own level of spiciness)
5 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa
1 tablespoon cumin
1:1:1 oregano:cayenne:parlsey - not much of these, remember those spicy chili peppers
2 of those big dark red kidney bean cans (28 ounces I think)
1 can chick peas
Some sliced up celery (random crunchiness!)

This is about how much can fit into my biggest pot. If you think it will not all fit, scale down accordingly.

Anyways fry up the beef and onions and cloves if you are using them (I do this in the main chili pot). If you are using garlic powder, add it later. When the beef is fully browned, pour off the fat. While doing this, boil your tomatoes for 5-10 mins. Then pour out the hot water and add cold. Underwater, peel the tomatoes (boiling makes the skins come off easily.) Dice them up a little bit (speeds up the disintegration).

Add sauce base to the beef mixture, stir well and bring to a boil _slowly_. While doing this, chop up the chili peppers as finely as possible. I suggest wearing gloves - I always manage to burn myself with capsicum agony! When it is simmering, stir in the various spices. If you add them reasonably slowly there will not be any clumping. After that, add everything left but the celery. Simmer for 2 hours, then add the celery and simmer for another 10 to 30 minutes (depending on if you want crunchy celery or not - or omit it altogether, it only adds texture not taste)

If you use a can of peeled tomatoes, you can add the juice it comes in. If you use non-canned tomatoes, the mixture might start drying out as it is cooking / cooling - add more beef broth, or tomato sauce or even water if you need to. Don't overdo it though, but also keep in mind it will thicken somewhat when you cool it.

IMPORTANT - put in fridge overnight ;) That is when it becomes amazing - the next day. I have found that if I make it and then eat a bowl right away, it should be slightly too spicy for me (need to eat bread with it or some such.) Then, after a night in the fridge everything mellows out and it is slightly less spicy and much more delicious.

Careful not to overdo the spicyness - you can always add more cayenne after, but you can't make it less spicy! I often underestimate how spicy finely diced chili peppers are.
Finally did the signature thing.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 7th 2012, 16:38:51

My chili is so good, I don't give out secrets :P
lulz

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Pride Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 16:45:55

I was in Cincy last year, the chilis not that great :P

Drow Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 5:31:43

damn you!!!
Now I want chilli!
and the better half hates spicy food :/

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Sifos Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 9:31:17

Imag lamb chops (courtesy of WTK)

1 lamb (or more if you're really hungry)

Start by making a fire. Then get your axe and remove the lambs head. Play with the lambs head. Realize you're way to hungry to play with the lambs head, or to skin and chop the lamb.

Drive a spear through the lamb and hang it over the fire. If you have no spear, just throw it on the fire. Play with the lambs head again before quickly realizing you're way to hungry for this once more.

Remove lamb from fire. Since you just put it there, be careful to not touch the outside, as the wool is likely still in flames. The inside should still be pretty cool though, so push your arm in and lift.

Eat the barely cooked lamb using your fingers and teeth. If you're still hungry after eating the lamb, repeat process with another lamb. If you were only able to steal one lamb, consider repeating the process with the girl you kidnapped as a bed warmer the other week.
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

Rednose Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 9:36:45

the AT cooking book ^^

and spaghetti to the chilli, wtf?????
a good chilli only comes with white bread

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 10:15:57

Mmmm chili
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Angel1 Game profile

Jun 11th 2012, 6:41:26

Originally posted by Rednose:
the AT cooking book ^^

and spaghetti to the chilli, wtf?????
a good chilli only comes with white bread

More chili restaurants in Cincinnati per capita than anywhere else!
-Angel1

Anonymous

Jun 11th 2012, 6:43:46

mmm Chili Chilli

Pteppic Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 17:36:09

too long since I got some;-)

justtaint

Jun 12th 2012, 23:26:23

If I want Cincinatti chili, I'll just go to Skyline.
SlashMD

miniii Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 23:32:30

wow sounds like a good dish

Junky Game profile

Jun 13th 2012, 0:07:30

I enjoy my chicken Chili... or white chili as everything is pretty much light in color... ...
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.