Verified:

Detmer Game profile

Jun 13th 2012, 4:04:13

Originally posted by Eric171:
Originally posted by Detmer:
Originally posted by Eric171:
Anyways, what is really interesting here is why is detmer mixing his mod forum powers with his PDM interests?

I didn't realize keeping the forum free of flames is a PDM interest. I thought that was a general EE policy. There are a *LOT* of things I could moderate that would be abuse. That was not one of them. I am proud to receive my first accusation though, even if it was only implied.

I see. Just let me restate here.

(1) I can`t be 100% sure that you abused your mod powers when you rewrote what ivan said because I don`t know what was there before the editing.

(2) there is a difference between keeping flames out of AT and maliciously editing what someone posted to make him/her look silly.

(3) if that actually happened, there is a clear conflict of interest between where you play and your forum moderator status. You should be impartial here.

There is a precedent for editing flames to conceal their original meaning. I could have deleted the entire post and almost certainly no one would have noticed, but I did not consider that to be fair since Ivan (seemingly, since I have no idea how much he contacted Archaic) presented facts in an otherwise innocuous post. I do not think that what I changed the text to read makes Ivan look silly. No one else commented on it to be sure.

One of the reasons that mods were selected was for their ability to be impartial. I am sorry you doubt my abilities.

Edited By: Detmer on Jun 13th 2012, 4:06:36
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit