Verified:

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 2nd 2013, 2:29:07

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Ronald Reagan.

Actor, became president of USA

Dear Brother. Don't knock President Reagan. He was the quintessential "best" leader of his time. Consider the administrations that preceded his.

Jimmy Carter was president during the Iranian Hostage crisis. I'm not sure hoe many of you young'uns will remember back to that prehistoric age filled with Disco Balls and BeeGee's, which is australion for Balls Gone, and suffered the ignomy of presiding over the largest military fiasco since the Vietnam War. For thse of you that remember back that far, times were tough, there was a recession on too. America was viewed as "weak" because everyone thinks that American "leaders" weren't really leaders, they were politicians. There is a universe of difference between the two, Reagan brought a good measure of resolve and dedication to a particular creedo which most Americans are supposed to share. He believed in the genuine goodness of the People and the rightness of the constitution.

Reagan said in a speech at some point during his campaign that "American Foreigh Policy was based of being liked, it would be better if it were respected"

I atribute that as a paraphrase of a quote from one of Reagans Stump Speeches. I'm not feeling up to lookinj up the direct quote, but I've given you enough to find it if you're enthusiastic enough about it.

Reagan was image superior to every other head of state. For as old as he was, he was a vital old guy, and everyone knew it. He understood that the idea of liberty would allow people to have the cream rise to the top and be able to succeed in huge numbers because work would pay off. The economy started it's long slow march back to sustainable. That lasted for a while, died a slow, delayed horrible death under the Clinto administration, who's policies encouraged America's industry to relocate their factories overseas to increase their profit, and decrease the taxable income in the United States. Thus ever more Americans were tossed out of work, the factory packed up and shipped off, lock, stock and barrel. Now Americans fill a variety of low level positions mostly to do with a retail or maintenace operation somewhere. We manufacture next to nothing. If it wasn't for the Asians, an American couldn't buy their underwear, let alone a piece of electronics, or a nice 200 dollar pair of sneakers made by a 12 year old.

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited By: Cerberus on Mar 2nd 2013, 2:43:26
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!