EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 15:15:41

2013-04-01 08:10 398 Mr Orchid (#680) 28,556 8,431,677 R Alive [ResDogs] =>
2013-03-31 14:10 485 Mr Plum (#409) 10,877 3,256,813 I Alive [ResDogs] =>
2013-03-29 21:00 563 im new (#1034) 3,924 1,283,686 D Alive [ResDogs] =>
2013-03-29 21:00 478 Hafganistan (#944) 11,443 3,385,872 R Alive [ResDogs] =>
2013-03-29 21:00 532 Drinks (#745) 9,416 1,660,769 M Alive [ResDogs] =>
2013-03-29 20:50 505 Dash (#80) 8,228 2,219,486 F Alive [ResDogs] =>
2013-03-29 20:50 507 American Psycho is back (#95) 10,944 2,157,342 I Alive [ResDogs] =>
2013-03-29 20:50 598 Cookie Monster (#763) 4,535 939,145 F Alive [ResDogs] =>
2013-03-22 07:45 492 Res Dogs (#505) 8,589 2,361,976 I Alive [ResDogs] =>

Let's see how many more "inactives" they're going to drop. 20% of the tag so far, still behind LaF for average net with their likely best finisher having jumped
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 15:33:08

Mayhap you need to find out what they are really good at, eh? Teach your dumb ass a lesson they will.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Apr 1st 2013, 15:38:53

Nothing wrong with detagging inactives
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Vic Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 15:44:03

seriously pp. i'd understand if they were countries at like 45 -60m nw who just sucked it up, but these guys are straight up inactives having run less than, what, 1500 turns? way less than that in some cases too?

all those 1 to 2 million nw countries who cares

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 15:48:18

I think the proper question is "What is your networth, PP?"

Oh, that's right, you're some kind of pathetic suicider I hear, right?

I'm sure you don't belong to any self-respecting alliance.

Does anyone claim PP? Anyone? Anyone?

Atryn Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 15:51:35

Just wait 72 hours, then they will all tag up to MD and join us!!!!

MUWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

MD/RD secret plans!!!!

Trife Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 16:07:42

This thread is stupid

bertz Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 16:12:15

SoF should detag some of there countries. I don't want LaF to win triple crown

Son Goku Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 16:28:54

I believe he's in PDM.

smlandau84 Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 16:29:23

Be nice to PP, he's special.

mrford Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 16:36:25

you have to give PP a break, his mad at the world lifestyle takes some getting used to.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Mr. Iris Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 16:39:29

The 9 countries detagged are part of an elaborate April Fool's prank that you just fell for, surprise!
Originally posted by archaic:
see many colors
fluttering in the spring winds
Iris blooms again

tellarion Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 16:43:10

SURPRISE!

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 16:48:03

Originally posted by Vic:
seriously pp. i'd understand if they were countries at like 45 -60m nw who just sucked it up, but these guys are straight up inactives having run less than, what, 1500 turns? way less than that in some cases too?

all those 1 to 2 million nw countries who cares

A couple of things:
#1) it's 20% of your tag
#2) some of those countries, both before and after being detagged, were landfarms for other RD countries (funnily enough, one of your "inactives" that was dropped farmed one of the other countries that was also dropped)
#3) some of those countries participated in kill runs on behalf of RD
and most of all
#4) your main netting competitors aren't doing anything on a similar scale and they definitely aren't farming their own countries nearly as much as you guys, which messes up the race for average net.

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 16:48:40

Originally posted by Mr. Iris:
The 9 countries detagged are part of an elaborate April Fool's prank that you just fell for, surprise!
damn it I fall for this prank every reset :(

wari Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 17:15:26

Originally posted by Son Goku:

I believe he's in PDM.

"Pontius Pirate". Never heard of or seen that name in my 12 years in Paradigm. I suppose it's possible he is, and uses an alias, but regardless, I don't want speculation to be accepted as fact by those less knowledgeable.

If he was in PDM, he wouldn't be speaking for PDM. Just as I'm not speaking for PDM when I say there's nothing wrong with detagging any member from your alliance you damn well wish, for whatever reasons you have.

Detagging members for ANW is definitely less cheap than FAing members into the top 10, or FAing members to #1. But as long as we're all playing by the same set of rules -- and we're all aware of these rules, the cream will rise to the top.

People just like to hear themselves whine, or something.

leech Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 18:15:09

wari how about tech buy outs? is that considered cheap?

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 18:27:10

fluffing lying cheaters.

braden Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 19:20:34

orchid and plum both fell victim to my bolshevik style uprising and subsequent coup. they weren't detagged, they were shot in the head and sent to forced labour camps in siberia (yes, in that order)

Mr.Silver

Apr 1st 2013, 19:45:10

Originally posted by wari:

I believe he's in PDM.

"Pontius Pirate". Never heard of or seen that name in my 12 years in Paradigm. I suppose it's possible he is, and uses an alias, but regardless, I don't want speculation to be accepted as fact by those less knowledgeable.

If he was in PDM, he wouldn't be speaking for PDM. Just as I'm not speaking for PDM when I say there's nothing wrong with detagging any member from your alliance you damn well wish, for whatever reasons you have.

Detagging members for ANW is definitely less cheap than FAing members into the top 10, or FAing members to #1. But as long as we're all playing by the same set of rules -- and we're all aware of these rules, the cream will rise to the top.

People just like to hear themselves whine, or something.

wari: PP = Smikke.

The same guy that was suiciding RD/PDM for resets. He's now a PDM member

Mr.Silver

Apr 1st 2013, 20:07:58

Also I don't detag throughout the reset (only one De tagged during the regular set we killed ourselves)

Come end of set though if players aren't playing I don't feel bad removing them

If we were trying to 'screw over the man' we wouldn't have tagged up some very late starters. But we did. Doing so likely means we won't get avg net

Though I am contemplating doing something really evil to make avg networth around 300m for the soul purpose of pissing you off :p

Patience Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 20:09:54

Oh Silver, you rebel... ;)
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

locket Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 20:12:20

Originally posted by leech:

lol I was going to ask him this :P

I think netting has become a bit of a fluffshow in the last two sets. Either people need to universally pick what is right and what is wrong or someone needs to war over it.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 20:16:35

Originally posted by Mr.Silver:

Come end of set though if players aren't playing I don't feel bad removing them
Thing is though you are detagging some players who clearly are playing. #680 went on a grabbing spree yesterday which included farming one of your dropped countries. Also, I've seen this guy running the Drinks country as an RD internal landfarm or dropped player almost every set.

And you've only got one really late start (#1230) and one late (#1153) in your tag, you dropped #1034 and #944 about a month after adding them.

PS: dropping all except one country will make your avg net 30m ;) (edit I KNOW YOU KNOW THIS)

Mr.Silver

Apr 1st 2013, 20:20:05

dropping all but 10 wouldnt ;)

680 drinks too much and accidentally detagged himself and msged for the password this morning

btw: did you participate in the tech buyout yesterday? ;)

Edited By: Mr.Silver on Apr 1st 2013, 20:23:48
See Original Post

braden Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 20:21:13

how much did buddy make?

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 20:22:20

PP, you're an embarrassment to any alliance you might be in. You are up here running your blowhole without a shred of evidence that anyone who plays should even believe that you have any standing in the game proper.

I can guarantee that even I, non-netter that I am would out rank anything you could come up with and I can say this based on the idiocy of your rantings here.

No one as stupid as you could play this game at any kind of decent level.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 20:23:29

Originally posted by Mr.Silver:
dropping all but 10 wouldnt ;)

btw: did you participate in the tech buyout yesterday? ;)
busy FAing MD

Vic Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 20:27:52

i must say, my favorite part of smmikey's argument is that he keeps bringing up this RD farming RD business .

apparently one RD country under a few mill nw farmed another RD country under a few mil nw ...
and wait for it...

wait for it...

they both got untagged!

lol. so i don't get it. wouldn't it be something to fluff and moan about if they had intratag farmed and WERENT" detagged?? lol.
seriously i am looking for a real answer pp.

cause you have me confused on this one.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 20:32:52

^he wasnt the only one to farm the detagged countries and got farmed himself

Mr.Silver

Apr 1st 2013, 20:47:01

Players Smikke has caused to quite by suiciding:6
Players that quit over things smikke complained about :0

Hmmm Smikke wins!

Let's avoid this thread. RD guys and just let him fume.. If this thread continues much longer I'm gonna create a mockery of the avg networth thing

Edited By: Mr.Silver on Apr 1st 2013, 20:54:53
See Original Post

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 20:48:35

:O

wari Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 20:56:18

Yes.

Not as cheap as FAing somebody into the top 10 or to rank 1 in the final seconds of a reset, but definitely as cheap as an oil buyout.

These are the things that happen every reset, and then someone invariably complains here. As long as we're all playing by the same set of rules, we can compete on something of an even playing field.

Which is actually refreshing, if a warped sort of way. Which is about the best we can hope for, out of this game, at this point.

So, congratulations? :)

Son Goku Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 21:50:41

Don't forget leeching tech all reset.

That's a lot of alliance resources to go into propping up one fluffty country.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 22:01:27

Originally posted by wari:

Yes.

Not as cheap as FAing somebody into the top 10 or to rank 1 in the final seconds of a reset, but definitely as cheap as an oil buyout.

These are the things that happen every reset, and then someone invariably complains here. As long as we're all playing by the same set of rules, we can compete on something of an even playing field.

Which is actually refreshing, if a warped sort of way. Which is about the best we can hope for, out of this game, at this point.

So, congratulations? :)

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY ANY OF THE TACTICS MENTIONED HERE ARE CONSIDERED "CHEAP". THIS IS A TEAM SERVER. IF A CLAN WISHES TO USE TEAMWORK IN A FORM WHICH IS ALLOWED WITHIN THE RULES OF THE GAME, WHAT EXACTLY IS "CHEAP" ABOUT WHAT THEY'VE DONE?

ANY INDIVIDUAL WHO TAKES THE TOP SPOT ON THIS SERVER HAS BENEFITTED FROM HIS TEAM, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT HE RECEIVED AID, WAS THE BENEFICIARY OF A BUYOUT... OR WHATEVER LEGAL TACTICS HIS TEAM USES.

JUST BY VIRTUE OF BEING IN A TAG, HE HAS BEEN ABLE TO HOLD FAR MORE LAND THAN THOSE WHO ARE UNTAGGED OR ARE IN A TAG WHICH OFFERS LESS PROTECTION. DOES THIS MAKE HIS VICTORY "CHEAP"?

AS AN EXMPLE, I AND SOME OF MY CLAN MATES ARE ON THE RECORD AS BEING OPPOSED TO WHAT WE BELIEVE ARE THE RIDICULOUS GAINS FROM GHOST ACRES, AND TO EXCHANGES OF HOSTILITIES WHICH GREATLY BENEFIT BOTH PARTIES. WE WILL NOT, HOWEVER, CALL THOSE WHO USE THE EXISTING GAME MECHANICS TO THEIR ADVANTAGE "CHEAP". WE DO NOT EVEN PROHIBIT OUR MEMBERS FROM ENGAGING IN THESE ACTIVITIES IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO. AS LONG AS THE GAME RULES AND MECHANICS ALLOW FOR SUCH ACTIVITY, IT REALLY CANNOT BE CALLED "CHEAP".

HA!

SAM
CHAMPION OF THE EUGLAF DIVISION,
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!

smlandau84 Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 22:02:43

Don't forget leeching tech all reset.

That's a lot of alliance resources to go into propping up one fluffty country.

I want some. Although I didn't do it I see nothing wrong with leeching tech in 1a/team/ffa. It's a team game- I don't see tech leeching in a team server as something that should be looked down upon. I would do it myself if I wasn't too lazy to find out who in my alliance in teching :P

Pain Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 22:10:19

another failed troll post by pontiac pilot.
Your mother is a nice woman

archaic Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 22:24:36

meh

(this was going to be a lot longer post, but archaic isn't a troll anymore)
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

iScode Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 22:28:16

so if its a team game, and i get grabbed, i can retal anyone in that alliance right?
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

braden Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 22:32:49

unless your alliance has a pact with the other, stating that you in fact are not allowed to, then i suppose if you can survive them killing you over it, you can do what you want.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 22:35:40

Originally posted by Pain:
another failed troll post by pontiac pilot.

You do know that GM has lots of lawyers and this kind of smear tactic would really make them happy, don't you, Pain?

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 22:38:00

Originally posted by iScode:
so if its a team game, and i get grabbed, i can retal anyone in that alliance right?

Would that it were that way iScode. Then the offended party would get their land back or not rather than an already fat player getting more instead. At one point in my earth career I had an agreement with Scarface exactly like this. The argument being "if they were wearing the uniform".

locket Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 23:17:58

How is a buyout less cheap than a last second FA? They are pretty damn comparable at best imo.

archaic Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 23:30:53

Originally posted by iScode:

You can do whatever you can enforce, same as it ever was.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

de1i Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 23:45:18

You should try that whole policing hits on countries severing ties to the tag for 72 hours thing IMO.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 23:48:17

Originally posted by locket:
How is a buyout less cheap than a last second FA? They are pretty damn comparable at best imo.

last minute FA is probably very expensive.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

wari Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 0:23:13

Originally posted by locket:

We're splitting hairs, honestly.

They're absolutely comparable.

you can talk about

landfarms
detagging inactives+farming them
in-tag landtrading
last second FA
FA chains
FA in general
landtrading
oil buyouts
tech buyouts
research allies for non techers
offensive allies for assholes who PS every day
spy allies for countries with weak SPAL

and a dozen other forms of "aid" you might receive from your alliance, but the bottom line is every one of these is commonplace, at least in recent sets (this current one in particular).

Not to mention grabbing pacts-DNHs your alliance is smart enough to negotiate/impose.

All of these things and more are fair game as the game is played today, and that's how it should be on this server as the rules of the do not prohibit them.

If you're the one benefiting, you call it "great teamwork". If you're not, it's "cheap".

Both might be true -- who cares as long as the rules are the same for everyone.

BigBen Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 1:03:35

Since some are turning this issue on PDM I feel that I should make an official comment on the matter.

This is an alliance server and while you can argue that some things are more or less "fair" than other things the truth is that as this being an alliance server they are all legitimate since everyone is actually capable of doing them. Each alliance sets their own ethics and can judge what they do and don't deem "fair".

Two examples from previous resets:

1) Last reset LaF FA'd one of their guys over Osso to take the #1 spot. Was that a fluff move? Yes. Was that still within the bounds of the game and considered fair? Yes. Personally I would consider both the LaF and Osso's countries as being great countries regardless of where either finished and I have no issues with it.

2) Three (I think 3?) resets ago when LCN blindsided us and after the war ended we did conduct an alliancewide oil buyout to put one of our guys up near the top (finished 11th) just to prove that we could still function as a cohesive team. It wasn't done expecting people to consider it a legitimate finish, it was done to prove the point that we weren't a dead alliance.

Now for the current issues being brought up in this thread:

1) I have no issue with RD dropping members to raise their ANW or just dropping inactives at the end of the reset. That is an alliance's choice and they are free to do it. If we were in a position to take ANW I would definitely give more consideration to dropping inactives / slightly actives to benefit our finish and I can't blame them for doing it.

2) PDM is not doing any type of organized tech buyout. There is only a single country buying tech and it isn't like it is being done in any type of organized fashion so it is EASILY screw-over-able to anyone that feels the urge. I would venture a guess that for every tech point that belonged to PDM that got bought there were AT LEAST 2 points belonging to other alliances bought as well.

3) To the issue of tech leeches and whatnot, that is part of alliance play and is completely acceptable IMO. If it was meant to be directed at PDM I will say that of the 10 or so techers we have there were only 3-4 that had any leeches at all and most of them only had 1-2 leeches and the other was a techer so maybe 6-8 leech spots total in a 55 member alliance isn't a big deal.

tellarion Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 1:55:01

Whether it's right or wrong, Evo doesn't do most of that fluff :)

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 2:09:35

LET THE RECORD SHOW THAT I AGREE WITH SAM.

HA!