Verified:

morwen Game profile

Apr 7th 2013, 10:15:01

today i had 64 turns, i wanted to explore as much as i could so i hit some random numbers in the upper region of the keypad and it gave me an error because i wanted to explore 77 turns.

it should be kinda easy to change the game so that it auto explores those 64 turns even if i told it to explore more.

and if you dont like that, then at least make an explore all turns/explore max button on top of the current stuff. for starting up this would be really useful. just think of how much easier the clickable market items are when you are buying things.

bstrong86 Game profile

Apr 7th 2013, 15:53:56

pretty sure u can already click the marketgoods to buy max
The Death Knights

XI

morwen Game profile

Apr 7th 2013, 20:40:31

pretty sure you didnt read the post properly. i used the market as example to show how awesome clicky things are. and they totally are.

Marshal Game profile

Apr 7th 2013, 21:51:09

not in explore case since time saving would be minimal if saving at all.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 7th 2013, 22:47:33

yes we could do this...

not my top priority though
Finally did the signature thing.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Apr 8th 2013, 0:38:30

i dont like it. currently its a fail safe. typo 100 instead of 10 etc saves ya from wasting turns
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

blid

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2013, 0:53:46

Originally posted by morwen:
today i had 64 turns, i wanted to explore as much as i could so i hit some random numbers in the upper region of the keypad and it gave me an error because i wanted to explore 77 turns.
why couldnt you just type in 64? i dont understand. is this a ffa thing where you're trying to explore with 16 countries at once or sometihng
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

General Earl Game profile

Apr 8th 2013, 1:57:32

Originally posted by LittleItaly:
i dont like it. currently its a fail safe. typo 100 instead of 10 etc saves ya from wasting turns

I AGREE! A separate button to explore all might be dangerous too- but you could at least prompt a person with an 'ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS?' js pop up.
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

morwen Game profile

Apr 8th 2013, 9:37:31

exactly why i suggested to have a seperate button instead, that would make the risk to waste turns by accident almost zero.

you won't accidentally hit the max-button in the lower middle instead of the one on the right after the explore X turns text, all it needs is to be well placed/designed. no pop ups needed there, just slows it down again.

its just one of those things that arent major but could be useful to implement as a side thing, imo.

and no blid its alliance. im just used to playing my countries within a few minutes (and i think the ability to play quickly is one of the reasons the game is still around at all)

Marshal Game profile

Apr 8th 2013, 9:54:07

your countries?

h2orich Game profile

Apr 8th 2013, 10:53:38

He probably meant his countries in multiple server..

What I dont understand is, why cant you type in 64 when you already actually see that you have 64 turns?

Wouldnt you need to have a look at your food consumption and expenses too to see if you can explore that amount of turns without stopping due to food/cash shortages?

Dont be lazy if you want to play this game :P

braden Game profile

Apr 8th 2013, 11:31:20

or he meant his one country, on one server, over multiple resets makes country plural, as well.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2013, 14:39:31

Shoudl there be a "cash all" button too? or is explore different? I don't get what's hard about typing in how many turns you want to use
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marshal Game profile

Apr 8th 2013, 15:06:28

he happens to be she.

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 8th 2013, 16:58:43

Yeah, that's what happens when you let a woman drive a country.

*runs*
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Marshal Game profile

Apr 8th 2013, 19:07:17

she would smack you if you lived anywhere near her.

morwen Game profile

Apr 9th 2013, 7:31:30

jeez i'll be careful to have ideas that speed up game play again :S

morwen Game profile

Apr 9th 2013, 7:55:36

no really. seriously, you discuss what i mean with countries? what does that add to the discussion? and what does it add that i happen to have boobs? i can tell you, they are awesome to have, but i still dont see how that makes it any different. i play tourny and alliance, i have been for ~9 years, in mehul days that included ffa, primary and limited, that is how i became used to playing fast (pretty much blind) and time efficient.

as for expenses and all the other stuff. if you look at the most common start ups, for farmer, cashers, techers, oilers, heck even a commie prolly wont run out of cash that early... none of the usual strats have any chance of running out of turns or cash. this is also your own responsibility of not hitting that 'other' button if you mean to hit the X turns one (same as building rigs instead of cs really).

my suggestion is useful for the very early start up as well as block exploring later on.

as for knowing how many turns you have left, i dont look how many turns i have left, i have good tag protection in alliance and i dont care enough in tourny, when i run out of turns i just wait for the next day to continue where i left the country yesterday, there is no need to plan ahead other than to make sure you have full turns for a batch-explore. (and if i dont, i just wait another day, mindboggling i know...) not everyone plays this game by the digit. and just because you do it YOUR way, it doesnt mean that MY way is not logical.

lazy is the main definition of why people even play this game anymore, how many netting clans have members who all finish over 100m NW, how many warring clans have all members prepped to the fullest on the FS date?

i can see a cash all button as well, but an explore button would be of more use, considering not all strats cash that much and almost everyone explores regularly. besides, this is all about making the boring start up go faster. once you reach a cashing phase, you only cash and that takes very little time on its own.

bertz Game profile

Apr 9th 2013, 8:06:53

If there's a js pop to ask "ARE YOU fluffING CRAZY??", then why not?

braden Game profile

Apr 9th 2013, 11:31:56

well, my apologies to her, then marshal, as i did not know (or i maybe did, but had since forgotten, either way)