Verified:

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 19th 2010, 4:48:02

With the big new template updates, there are bound to be some issues!

If you see one, here is the information that's useful to us to help us replicate and any problems:
-The page you're on
-What you did to get there
-The URL
-Your Browser
-Your Operating System (Or phone or whatever)
-Your screen resolution
-A link to a screenshot (if you happen to have one) or mailed to

Thanks everyone! :)

-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

jedioda Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 7:13:35

Running internet explorer 6 (at work, cannot change)
In the scores list, I see only the top 12 players. I don't see myself.

White font on grey backgroud is not very clear.

Sometimes playing on Iphone, it's now more diificult.

jedioda Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 7:23:25

Inslalled google chrome, it's OK with it: Background is Black,
no scores list problem.

good work guys

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 19th 2010, 8:59:10

Originally posted by jedioda:
Running internet explorer 6 (at work, cannot change)
In the scores list, I see only the top 12 players. I don't see myself.

White font on grey backgroud is not very clear.

Sometimes playing on Iphone, it's now more diificult.

IE6 doesn't display PNG's with transparent backgrounds correctly. there are some javascript fixes out there, but they don't work too great unless the image's height/width are defined
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Mrredmanbhs Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 16:32:11

Using IE6 as well, and can't scroll down. Only thing I can see is what the initial screen shows, can't scroll down to few recent news etc.
-MrRedManbhs

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 19th 2010, 17:26:47

I believe (though I'm not sure) that you can't scroll down because the page is too wide. Hopefully when we switch to the ingame topbar that problem will solve itself.

M0REP0WER Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 17:40:10

http://tourney.www.earthempires.com/marketgoodssell

After a sale on the public market (goods), the bottom blue bar with Home, Rules, Privacy, Policy, and About Us appears at the top of the screen - no longer on the bottom of the screen.

This is in Firefox 3.6, WinXP.

Edited By: M0REP0WER on Jul 19th 2010, 17:55:13
See Original Post

M0REP0WER Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 17:41:46

From the main page... Game Info and Wiki go to the same page. Should remove one of them.

When going to the Forums link, the title bar changes back to the old one.

M0REP0WER Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 18:40:15

When signing up for a new account, on the right hand side it tells you about each game type - titled Choosing a Game Type. Every game type is there except for Tourney.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 19th 2010, 19:38:20

http://www.zshare.net/image/78487127e7e401f5/
http://ffa.www.earthempires.com/...r?style=3?&multinum=2

firefox
win7
1920*1080

lots of data on the new advisor is hidden off the right side of some sort of frame

varies slightly at differant zoom levels, but isnt correct at any, best results seems to be +2 zooms in firefox rather than 100%

Alicia Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 20:21:43

I think you guys should make it easier to see at a glance whether an attack has succeeded or failed (both when making attacks, and in the news shown on the main screen). For example, when attacking, text for successful hits could be green and failed hits could be red; for defensive news, the opposite.

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 20:32:28

Way too much red on every page.
Small bar over the top of every page which seems to be bombed out buildings gets in the way of just about everything.
Same issue as before the menu bar on the left side seems to be stuck.
Firefox version 3.6.6
OS-XP pro

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 19th 2010, 20:54:34

Originally posted by Alicia:
I think you guys should make it easier to see at a glance whether an attack has succeeded or failed (both when making attacks, and in the news shown on the main screen). For example, when attacking, text for successful hits could be green and failed hits could be red; for defensive news, the opposite.

Can do that i think :)
Finally did the signature thing.

GoodPeace Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 21:05:19

(Edit: it wasn't a display issue, thus moved to it's own thread)

Edited By: GoodPeace on Jul 20th 2010, 21:39:32. Reason: moved to new thread
See Original Post
La Cosa Nostra

Mad Morticia Game profile

Jul 20th 2010, 0:22:38

It is impossible to see the menu on the left side of the page past the war room. I have no access to search or clans and perhaps there are other things below that which I've forgotten
about. It was impossible to check out the clans using either Firefox or I.E. After switching to Chrome, was able to see the clans but could do no searching.

Frankly disliking using Chrome because going back to the previous page is often cumbersome.

Is there something you can recommend to correct this problem or is there something you can do to the site to eliminate it?

Thanking you in advance,
MM

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2010, 0:24:21

in firefox hold control and press minus

its not ideal but then you can see the other options

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 20th 2010, 8:23:10

you can also temporarily disable some of your toolbars in your browser.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 20th 2010, 9:53:58

Mad Morticia, if you see my thread at http://forums.earthempires.com/...ble-to-see-full-left-menu i've made a user style sheet that can be imported to force the menu to scroll with the rest of the page.

pity it doesn't work on my phone =/
-iZarcon
EE Developer

warlorde Game profile

Jul 20th 2010, 15:27:28

i like the new display... i do have one issue and this is probably not the place to write this.

the blue bar at the top of the screen that displays your money, NW, bushels, ect. probably shouldnt be scrollable. its always been if you scroll down that information didnt move from the top of the screen.

just a thought. let me know if this post is unclear

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2010, 16:29:51

now both advisors are a lot worse

i only see roughly 2 out of the 3 columns of info for both old and new advisor

i turned of greasemonkey and its still just as bad, bad at all zoom levels

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 20th 2010, 16:31:31

The new advisor only *has* 2 columns

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2010, 16:38:22

ok, ive never been able to see the far right usually, although i should have known that

anyway the things i cant see on the new one are usually missiles, bpt, tpt

the only one of those that mattered was missiles, and id just click on old to see them

i used to not be able to see food loss most of the time but that seems okish now, in that i know to about the nearest thousand

but between the two i can see everything pretty much since the old one has tech on the right with expenses

the new one actually looks ok at +2 zoom but bad at 100% and +6 which is what i will probably play at

starstalker4

Jul 20th 2010, 19:38:04

alicia's idea is excellent

sometimes you sit through five weeks of boring netting just to have a week and half of aggressive fun

when you launch an attack and get 1000 acres or $20m, OR or equivalent food or tech there should be one big display celebrating your accomplishment
if you can win a game without ever fighting a battle; it is not a war game

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Jul 20th 2010, 23:00:56

firefox 3.6.6

1280x800

Footer breaks randomly.

http://i32.tinypic.com/2mq5dea.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/16lbd5w.jpg
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Jul 20th 2010, 23:11:48

iZarcon,
Hate to say it, but that does not work for me. Still am not able to see anything below War Room. No access to clans, search or anything else that might be down there that I've forgotten.

Jul 21st 2010, 0:24:07

As it stands now, will not be able to tag up my countries when the new reset begins since have no access to clans.

Perhaps it's time to just call it quits to the whole thing.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2010, 2:46:44

the devs said the tag and upload pages will be back for ffa when the set restarts

azmodii Game profile

Jul 21st 2010, 6:27:25

Originally posted by Mad Morticia:
As it stands now, will not be able to tag up my countries when the new reset begins since have no access to clans.

Perhaps it's time to just call it quits to the whole thing.

Change will happen no matter what game you play. Fine tuning is all the theme needs. It works fine on most computers - If the devs didnt care, why would they have a thread specifically for this.

The devs have given a lot for us to be able to continue playing, a little patience and faith is not much to ask for in return.

Oh and PS - New CSS works flawlessly with iOS4 on both iPad, iTouch & iPhone :D

Edited By: azmodii on Jul 21st 2010, 6:34:25
See Original Post
- EoEA ~ End Of Earth Alliance -

"I will slaughter them like a wolf among lambs! The rivers will run red with the blood of my enemies, the skies will rain fire! And when the land parts beneath them... I shall be the in emptiness waiting!"

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 21st 2010, 12:23:57

Originally posted by Mad Morticia:
iZarcon,
Hate to say it, but that does not work for me. Still am not able to see anything below War Room. No access to clans,
search or anything else that might be down there that I've forgotten.

sorry to hear that, MM. may I ask what browser you're using?

further yet, would be nice to have something in your preferences to use "alternate display" like old earth had, but in this case, keep everything the same, just make the menu and header scroll with the page.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

Jul 21st 2010, 23:36:35

I honestly know next to nothing about the computer. I use Firefox as a browser 98% of the time. Switch to IE only when playing cards in the zone.

I do not own any kind of a mobile phone. My computer is a bare bones one since I have no need for anything more sophisticated.

Nonetheless, with these changes am not able to see anything in the left-hand menu beyond "war room" so have no access to the clans, messages, search, and whatever else might be there. Have tried using that "zoom thing" but it does not help. Downloaded something that Zarcon suggested, but it does not work.

There is absolutely no chance of surviving in this game without access to the clans to tag up. Really too bad but I have no idea how to fix it.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 22nd 2010, 7:07:00

PM me the tag/pass and I'll tag you up manually until we sort this out.

Keep in mind that you can tag up in ffa using the following link:

ffa.http://www.earthempires.com/mainffaclan

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 22nd 2010, 7:56:38

Havoc Game profile

Jul 22nd 2010, 16:58:23

She's been tagged up but is still having those issues as far I know. One of our clanmates who works in IT has offered to try to connect to her pc via remote control software to try to figure it out himself, would this trigger any suspicious IP behaviour on your side?
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 22nd 2010, 19:08:42

possibly..... depends how exactly it was done

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2010, 19:14:04

if it was that windows remote assistance tool i expect you would be fine

Jul 23rd 2010, 1:31:31

You're all talking above my head here. Maybe all will be fine when the game begins. Just know that I was missing a lot of the left hand menu ten minutes prior to the end of the reset. But a week ago, all was well.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 24th 2010, 0:55:10

If you want to try the remote login just PM a FFA mod the usernames of the two players.

Jul 24th 2010, 22:16:40

I have found that I can see the 4 things under war room by using the Chrome browser but still impossible with Firefox or IE.
Thought the clan tagging was to be done differently but it had to be done individually per country as usual. At least that was the only way I could do it.

Jul 26th 2010, 1:37:19

My gratitude goes out to a player named Zarcon who has managed to cure all my problems with seeing the left-hand menu. Don't know that this is the proper place to put this but do think someone else might have the same problem someday and this sure will solve it.

1. If you haven't already got it, get the GreaseMonkey addon.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748/

On that page, there will be a button to either "Download" or "Add to Firefox" either way, click on it and wait for the install dialog box to come up. Make sure to click the "Install" option on that dialog and wait for it to install(very quick).

2. Restart FireFox after installation of GreaseMonkey

3. Install the script to make the menus scroll with the rest of the page.

http://userstyles.org/styles/33820

On that page, there will be a link/button in the top right to "Install as userscript" for GreaseMonkey users... Click that and follow the prompts in the dialog to install it to greasemonkey.

4. Login to Earth and try to scroll the page.

If these instructions aren't good enough, I can make screen shots of each step and post them on my website for you.

Hope this has helped you,

-iZarcon

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 26th 2010, 8:05:12

glad it worked =)
-iZarcon
EE Developer

Detmer Game profile

Jul 26th 2010, 18:55:55

On multiple servers my market sell windows (both) have the bottom blue bar off to the left side. This is with FF 3.6.6 on XP and FF 3.6.8 on Win7.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 26th 2010, 18:58:11

yea, somebody broke something there =/

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 26th 2010, 22:24:33

i think this is fixed now, detmer
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Detmer Game profile

Jul 26th 2010, 23:54:23

Originally posted by Pangaea:
i think this is fixed now, detmer

Nope. Any other info I could give that would be helpful? This is just clicking onto the screen without performing any other action.

Jul 27th 2010, 2:37:53

The Grease Monkey that performed so beautifully yesterday right after I installed it no longer works. The last thing I can see is the war room. :(

Detmer Game profile

Jul 27th 2010, 14:01:51

In primary on FF 3.6.6 on XP using the classic advisor display, my right most columns are cut off for the last character and a half.

1920x1200 screen resolution.

If my country number would be helpful I can provide that.

SanP Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 19:54:29

I press "F11" to optimize screen estate, for me only "Control" falls of the screen with the non scrollable menu.

DM Game profile

Patron

Aug 2nd 2010, 12:49:59

M0REP0WER Game profile

Aug 3rd 2010, 14:27:46

formatting issue:

Tax Revenue:
Expenses:
Net Change: $3,583,808
$20,021,405
$-16,437,597 Food Produced:
Food Consumed:
Net Change: 127 bushels
150,617 bushels
-150,490 bushels
Population loss: 158 people.
You Produced: 2 Oil Barrels.

It appears that when expenses and bushel counts are really high then it moves what line is lined up with which thing. Not sure if the copy paste will show this, but I will try and reformat below... where the words got split to 2 lines of text instead of 1 line. Therefore nothing is after net change. Making additional space for this (and a no-wrap) may solve this issue.

Tax $3,583,808
Revenue: $20,021,405
Expenses: $-16,437,597
Net Change:

Food Produced: 127 bushels
Food 150,617 bushels
Consumed: -150,490 bushels
Net Change:

Population loss: 158 people.
You Produced: 2 Oil Barrels.

This was in alliance, using firefox 3.6.7.
I would think that in FFA the amounts would be MUCH greater, and therefore more spacing/wrapping issues would occur - I.E. in llaar's country.

M0REP0WER Game profile

Aug 4th 2010, 20:46:52

New blue "jazzy" title bar just hides the text when scrolling. So when you use the page down key, it skips a few lines of text, as they are hidden by the title banner.