Verified:

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 11th 2013, 18:31:04

Giants1223, to be honest, a lot of people get stuck in the lower ranks because they are not making the most use out of their acres.

To grow effectively, you need to maximize the production value out of your land (i.e make as much $$ as you can per acre of land). For the most part, this involves specializing your country so that your country is either 90% labs (you make tech), 90% indies (you make units), 90% farms (you make food), or 45%res + 45%ent (you make cash). For the first 3 strategies (termed techers, indies and farmers respectively), you sell the excess goods you make to buy the rest.

This allows your country to specialize and invest in only the appropriate techs that raise your production (indy tech for industrialists, agriculture tech for farmers, res/bus techs for cashers). NOTE: We have a wiki, we some known formulas on it. Not all formulas are on it though. :)

All too often, I spy and see a country that has like 500 of every building type, and 20k of every tech, that's not maximizing your land. And if you are producing half as much or even 1/3 as much as other people are on the same amount of land, it is little wonder that "rainbow countries" are getting farmed and experience next to little growth.

A lot of these "I can't grow bigger, cannot retal" complaints comes from a lack of understanding of the underlying game mechanics and game formulas (this is a VERY heavy numbers game, most top 20 players use spreadsheets of some form).

Now, I don't know if this applies to you, but yeah. If in doubt, spy some of the larger countries and see how their countries are setup, and look at their production output, and talk to people.

In fact, many top 10 finishing countries have their profiles public, so you can view their finishing country statistics and makeup for each of the past resets. Start here for the previous reset: http://www.earthempires.com/primary/21/ranks

Edited By: Xinhuan on Aug 11th 2013, 19:05:03
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit