iScode Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 1:01:57

meh, gotta die of something...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Mr Emerald

Aug 29th 2013, 1:04:31

It really reminds me of all that fluff on facebook. You can basically die from almost ANYTHING now, because everything can give you cancer!

We are doomed.
We are not the same, I am martian!
you are all retarded in the eyes of fluff
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER TEDDY BEAR!!!

iScode Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 1:06:53

Exactly!!!

and processed chicken is giving people boobs too. I actualy kinda believe it too, you see chicks at like 12 with massive tits, wtf is up with that fluff, man kind needs to be exterminated and we start again.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Pain Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 1:07:47

the person running that site in a tin foil hatter. its all BS.
Your mother is a nice woman

Tokyousr Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 4:15:44

talk about a bunch of bullcrap. i can see why now americans get soo paranoid about everything. without having the full facts, just assume the worst by looking at photos. damn idiots.

http://www.epa.gov/...et/radnet-data/index.html

Boltar Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 5:25:28

big chief!!! u know u would hit it and i didnt even look at any pics!

Mr Emerald

Aug 29th 2013, 6:57:48

Hit what? lol
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Erian Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 8:16:04

I hope no one takes that site seriously... wtf...

That's just a scare mongering idiot with no idea what he's talking about...

"Distilled water" to clean veggies? If there is radiation in the water already (with the alleged 2000% above max values in milk, water will hardly be unaffected), no amount of distillation will make it clean :P

Atryn Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 12:04:00

Tokyousr: That's a data source that is just begging for a better UI. Have you seen anyone out there in the citizen science world building one?

The map on that page is a map of air radiation monitors. Clicking on one will show you a pretty graph of 3 months of data for 9 different gamma ranges. Unfortunately, that provides no context for the average Joe.

For example, if someone built a tool that was routinely extracting data (gamma and beta data) over time they could build visualizations on both the current/recent data (heat-map view) and they could also build data based on historical change.

For example, is the data from the past 3 months higher or lower than pre-Fukishima levels? Right now you have to dig into their data extraction tool when all the "average joe" wants is a simple picture that will show the degree of change and how that relates to "safe levels".

tellarion Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 13:22:27

I'll let you all know the moment I start glowing in the dark. Until then, you've got nothing to worry about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/...ence-environment-23779561

Except for the government lying about everything...that kinda sucks....

On a positive note, I actually took a trip to Sendai(which isn't too far from Fukushima, and was hit pretty hard by the tsunami), and you'd be amazed at how different everything looks. My girlfriend was showing me pictures of the very stations we were going through in the wake of the disaster and the difference was incredible.

archaic Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 13:48:49

Originally posted by Erian:

"Distilled water" to clean veggies? If there is radiation in the water already (with the alleged 2000% above max values in milk, water will hardly be unaffected), no amount of distillation will make it clean :P

Um, where did you learn your chemistry?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Rufus Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 13:51:53

"Cleansing fruit and vegetables does make a difference. "
Of course it does, it removes the traces of dirt or pesticides or whatever rabbit piss they may have on them. However if your vegetables have grown in a contaminated environment the mother and father of cleansing will not decontaminate your tasty tomato salad. The radioactive thinghies are already in it. Besides, "Wash your food WITH SOAP " will kill you faster than the evil radiation.

PS: So basically that dude says that if you eat or drink you die. The alternative is to starve.
I am John Galt.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 29th 2013, 16:02:07

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2013, 16:11:05

That's a different map, galleri! As for the quotes in that article from the EPA that US waters will be safe, that may be true but if I were on the west coast I think I'd still be a little wary.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

tisya Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 16:27:01

Ooh if Tellarion starts to glow, I'd have to be concerned too.
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 29th 2013, 16:56:42

Originally posted by blid:
That's a different map, galleri! As for the quotes in that article from the EPA that US waters will be safe, that may be true but if I were on the west coast I think I'd still be a little wary.

I like my map! It is only different because you are looking at it upside down! :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 29th 2013, 18:28:08

Lol, then add in the plot for Chernobyl. You just can't win..
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Mr Emerald

Aug 30th 2013, 1:39:27

I merely posted it because of its stupidity lol

Like I said, it reminded me of how easily we can get cancer on facebook :P
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Soultaker

Aug 30th 2013, 8:08:58

Originally posted by archaic:

and what's that supposed to mean... radiation passes through anything but lead so eve if you get distilled water in a contaminated area (that's assuming you bring it from an uncontaminated area) it will still get contaminated you doffus.

PS: me thinks you should learn more chemistry :P

Erian Game profile

Aug 30th 2013, 9:49:49

Originally posted by archaic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_water

If water is irradiated, one thing that will happen is that radioactive isotopes like deuterium and tritium will form. These form water molecules with properties almost identical to normal water, which means that distilling this contaminated water will be insufficient for purifying it of radioactive material.

Also what Soultake said. If things are this bad, unless you build a lead house and somehow manage to get clean water in there your efforts at washing wont do much good.

The ONLY CASE washing like this will help is if there has been an atmospheric radioactive incident (like an airburst nuclear weapon) that has spread radioactive dust with heavy radioactive isotopes clinging to the surface of veggies and these same radioactive isotopes getting mixed into drinking water. In this one very specific case (which Fukushima incident is NOT, but e.g. Chernbyl was in some places), there may be an advantage to distilling unclean water and washing your veggies with. I'd still try to get food from other areas though, due to the irradiation that will occur in the water molecules and veggies themselves from being in direct contact with the radioactive dust.

Junky Game profile

Aug 30th 2013, 11:49:00

isn't that the map of Garbage dumped by Cruise Ships?
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Atryn Game profile

Aug 30th 2013, 11:49:37

Rufus Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 12:17:17

radiation passes through anything but lead so eve if you get distilled water in a contaminated area (that's assuming you bring it from an uncontaminated area) it will still get contaminated you doffus.

PS: me thinks you should learn more chemistry :P
I assume that you're talking about gamma radiation, because alpha is blocked effectively by a sheet of paper and beta radiation is stopped by a tinfoil hat; that's how the astronauts go into space. Gamma radiation, like alpha and beta, is stopped by anything, however you require large mass of shielding material. The reason why lead is preferred is that a few tonnes of lead are much smaller in volume than a few tonnes of marshmallow for example, thus easier to handle...
I am John Galt.

tellarion Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 13:49:15

I think my girlfriend started glowing :/

Marshal Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 16:42:36

Originally posted by tellarion:
I think my girlfriend started glowing :/

that's good, now you can find her parts better in the dark.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Atryn Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 17:01:04

Originally posted by Rufus:
The reason why lead is preferred is that a few tonnes of lead are much smaller in volume than a few tonnes of marshmallow for example, thus easier to handle...

#losingargument

Who wouldn't rather be protected by a few tonnes of marshmallow?

Junky Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 23:28:21

Godzilla is for realz
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.