Verified:

starstalker4

Aug 3rd 2010, 1:11:50

ok

no dictator will ever win express in its current rule set because the server interferes with gov's ability to efficiently use its specialities
(thx Grimm)
the gov's specialties are spy and military
anything that interferes with repeated efficient use of these specialties hurts the gov

TOP TEN WAYS EXPRESS RULES HURT DICTATORS

1) 72 hour no drop land rule
given the bpt restriction vacant land hinders tech improvements and unnecessarily makes country a target for LGs
72 hours means it is a set long hindrance

2) ghost acres
when the government is trying to max aggression tech this rule handcuffs him with added vacant land

3) spy formula is substantially weaker than e2025
one of the benefits the I has is % stronger spies but since the current formula does not adequately reward high SPAL, the benefit is compromised

4) no aggressive attack like e2025 had

5) no ability to raid jumpers before they jump
by raid i mean the first post on this thread

6) DR on the server is too high, should be adjusted to be equivalent to primary
this inadequtely rewards repeated hits on vulnerable targets
limiting I's use of its military specialty

7) spy op does not allow for stealing cash only blowing it up
cyber ops should be an alternative means of acquiring goods

8) commit espionage is not set high enough
it should result in more yield for Is since their spies are supposedly better than ordinary spies
thx enshula for this idea

9) when dictators LG they should get less land and more goods than other countries
thx again enshula

10) a specialized country has to be able to use its specialty over and over; for example an R gets an advantage every turn because its Y is higher than other countries, an F grows more food and more oil than other countries on every turn, an H has more people every turn to raise Y, the i has to be able to use its specialties on a regular basis as well

a dictatorship should be doing tons of spy ops and lots of raids or LGs or it has no real advantage
because vacant land interferes with using that specialty
no dictatorship can win express in this environment

8)

Edited By: starstalker4 on Aug 3rd 2010, 1:32:45
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
if you can win a game without ever fighting a battle; it is not a war game