Verified:

mrford Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 0:01:48

self farming, places 4 250K+ countries in the top 10, lol

am i the only one who finds joy in that?

Edited By: mrford on Oct 3rd 2013, 0:07:55
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ssewellusmc

Oct 3rd 2013, 0:05:44

Self farming is lame

gambit Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 0:13:55

its a completely different infrastructure in nbk since back then

the game creators clearly werent going to remove self farming so nbk needed to evolve or fall further behind the curve... plus we dont war as much as we used to :P

great job to our guys for putting up some decent numbers in our first set trying it out... those that actually played the whole set :)
Natural Born Killer

mrford Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 0:15:34

ironically, CC almost had 4 top 10s below 52K acres, lol

times sure have changed.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Donny Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 0:24:25

8/10 t10s were from war clans..... this server has gone to hell.
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

Twain Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 1:37:16

Originally posted by Donny:

It is kind of crazy. But most of our guys in PAN go for ANW on their 16 and TKO doesn't seem quite as dedicated to putting up t10s as they used to.

And well, for that matter, when some of you guys are putting up 1B+ NW countries, it wouldn't matter if TKO and PAN WERE trying to put up t10s, you guys would still make the t10 somewhere with a 1B Networth country.

mdevol Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 5:33:55

yep. I got a 715m nw almost solo and all-x , and i missed prob 8 or 9 days worth of turns and ended with 15b on hand because i forgot to check my country between classes hahah
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Boltar Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 5:39:40

it could also mean the warmongers are actually good players and can netgain too

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Oct 3rd 2013, 7:08:37

To be good at war you also need to know how to net gain.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

pele Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 7:46:23

Im new to netting in FFA and woundering what does people mean when they say they got their nw ?

Boltar and red x has a point :)

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 3rd 2013, 8:10:36

Originally posted by Twain:
Originally posted by Donny:

It is kind of crazy. But most of our guys in PAN go for ANW on their 16 and TKO doesn't seem quite as dedicated to putting up t10s as they used to.

And well, for that matter, when some of you guys are putting up 1B+ NW countries, it wouldn't matter if TKO and PAN WERE trying to put up t10s, you guys would still make the t10 somewhere with a 1B Networth country.

TKO members just cant be bothered, we enjoyed the fun of building huge land countries, after building a 400- 500k country it isnt as much fun building a 100k country instead
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

whooze Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2013, 11:32:18

I got close to 190m NW...

Guess my ~110 kills this set made me loose quite some NW

pele Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 13:23:26

I got 3 kills
Guess my 1.5b nw made me loose quite some kills :)

Pebkac Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 13:57:46

NW = networth

PapaSmurf Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 16:08:02

I've done it both ways:

5 Nevermind Im not drunk enough (#1020) 11,600 $993,411,047 D NBK

I only averaged ~12k acres on all my countries that set.

TroyTiger Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 16:57:45

I really miss making my 1.5 mil acre countries! :-(

*cries*

ZIP Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 17:05:30

breaking 1 bil is fun... and getting three or more for the stats is nice.

i wonder who has the most over 1 bil contries?
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

mdevol Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 17:42:26

in 1 set or total?
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Twain Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 18:31:11

The better players in NBK and CC certainly know how to netgain and the better players in PAN and TKO are formidable in war too.

The game ultimately has pretty simple mechanics, and if you understand them, it's not hard to be good at both.

At the same time, due to practice, I'm sure I can outnet the vast majority of NBKers and CCers, but I'm also pretty sure they're going to be a bit more valuable in a war.

It's still just knowing the game mechanics and taking advantage of them either way though.

As far as 1B networth countries, I'd guess the easiest way to figure out a short list of who to investigate would be to look at the best 3 countries stat.

It's pretty likely either one of the TKO guys during their dominant period or one of the original LaE people, like llaar or Ozzite.

pele Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 20:10:09

Thats not fair, since i have only netted 1 time in FFA, this set ;)

pele Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 20:12:42

But then again i have no doubt that you or the other you mentioned are far better netters then me.

Tin Man

Oct 3rd 2013, 21:50:00

Aww fluff, just got bumped out of best 3 top ten. It's on like Donkey Kong

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 3rd 2013, 21:51:19

Next reset (too late for FFA now anyway) we may have some stuff to address massive ghosts; it won't prevent self farming, but it may make getting ghost acres more expensive...
Finally did the signature thing.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 3rd 2013, 22:38:44

I gues qz u haven't been listening, look at the top countries since you changed DR , you still need 500mil or more to make top 10, same as it was before, all you have done is lower the average net across the server, so ghost acres and huge land countries make no difference to the top 10 due to the length of the server.

As long as you can do buyouts or aid up one country, it's will male no difference

Edited By: Warster on Oct 3rd 2013, 22:45:12
See Original Post
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 3rd 2013, 23:15:54

Well there's not really any good ways to combat buyouts...

My main thought is to make the number of ghost acres you get be limited by the number of units sent on the attack... ie max current, min (Units sent / X)
Finally did the signature thing.

mrford Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 23:33:18

you have already ruined large countries by raising building costs, and ruining FFA. please dont further ruin FFA. leave it alone.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ZIP Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 23:36:49

why? there is no problems with FFa !!

stop it already, last changes were not helpng ffa and neither are these.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

ZIP Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 23:41:33

if anything revert the last set of changes.

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 23:59:34

Leave ffa alone
The Death Knights

XI

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Oct 4th 2013, 4:20:36

Leave FFA alone...
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Marshal1

Oct 4th 2013, 9:58:37

this just suits to this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpxd3pZAVHI
galleri: fluff off marshal

archaic: FFS when Marshal has stood out as maybe the brightest person on the whole thread . . . fluff me, I'm going to go smoke a joint and reevaluate some fluff

sinistril: Oh snap, Marshal destroyed galleri. Thought I'd

Tin Man

Oct 4th 2013, 10:07:21

Leave FFA alone

Mr Emerald

Oct 4th 2013, 10:28:20

Jesus, there is no complaining coming from anyone here in FFA about ghost acres or anything for that matter. Quit breaking the game for us...
We are not the same, I am martian!
you are all retarded in the eyes of fluff
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER TEDDY BEAR!!!

ZIP Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 10:59:51

if anything revert the last set of changes.

stop trying to fix alliance political problems with game mechanics that fluff it up for the rest of us.

ColoOutlaw

Oct 4th 2013, 14:07:34

I agree, FFA is fine the way it is. Help the servers that need some help because honestly as Mr E has said, no one here is even complaining about anything.

Twain Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 14:12:09

Another irony that's quite fitting for this thread.

As mrford brought up: NBK used to fight hard against land-trading and now engages in it. Many other clans (NBK included) used to argue how land-trading is against the spirit of the game, and ultimately, the only way getting rid of land-trading will happen is to change the mechanics of the game to make it less profitable than traditional land-grabbing.

Back then, the admins also seemed disinterested in dissuading people from land-trading.

Now, popular opinion has shifted to where there's no one in the thread arguing against it, and the admins are continually finding new ways to nerf it.

Dragon Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 14:41:32

FFA is fine the way it is.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 4th 2013, 14:42:50

yeah but everything they have done to hurt land trading also hurts normal grabbing
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Dragon Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 15:26:16

Originally posted by Warster:
yeah but everything they have done to hurt land trading also hurts normal grabbing

+1

ZIP Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 15:39:38

comeon warster - use some pull lol

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 4th 2013, 15:42:45

what pull lol i have none
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

PapaSmurf Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 15:42:48

Twain that is because this game revolves around 1A. This was never made an issue until this reached 1A.

ZIP Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 15:57:29

I just made a thread in alliance thanking them for "our" changes

leave a note.

and before these changes fluffed this thread up... i don't think anyone had two countries over 1 bil in 1 set that i remember. i was thinking more about total # of billion countries threw all sets. the top people in that ranking would have a grasp of how fa and buyouts work pretty good i would think.

really that is what it takes to make top 10 rank... but that is ok cause there is a skill in making a top ten country and it is also fun to catch someone sliding goods and catching them :p

Marshal1

Oct 4th 2013, 19:26:37

llaar most likely had 2 countries over 1b nw long ago.

archaic: FFS when Marshal has stood out as maybe the brightest person on the whole thread . . . fluff me, I'm going to go smoke a joint and reevaluate some fluff

mrford Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 21:13:47

http://www.earthempires.com/ffa/3/ranks

no he didnt.

he did however have 3 of the top 10 and 6 of the top 20, lol
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Marshal1

Oct 4th 2013, 21:25:59

bad llaar, he should have done it. 1 multimega nw and land country and rest normal.

top 100 was quite boring, not much other tags than lae.

Uncle James Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 22:15:38

Land trading would be an easy fix. Ok mods do it make it where a tagged up country from the same clan cannot hit a country in their tag for any reason. Easy as that.

Marshal1

Oct 4th 2013, 22:44:40

Originally posted by Uncle James:
Land trading would be an easy fix. Ok mods do it make it where a tagged up country from the same clan cannot hit a country in their tag for any reason. Easy as that.

that wouldn't change anything, landtraders would just put countries to few different tags (like lae1, lae2, lae3, etc), mods (admin) can stop players hitting on their own countries too but that wouldn't stop trading either since then players in same alliance would trade with eachothers (between tags), if no landtrading then land is gotten from other tags and that'd mean more time spent (and some have limited time to play) to get land and players would need to have capability to retal on all countries they play.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 4th 2013, 23:05:09

if you leave a note as zip did, be more constructive and leave better reasons........
than "this is all your fault" he sure did love alliance politics when he was FA for iMag in alliance ;)

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

ZIP Game profile

Oct 5th 2013, 2:34:57

I loved alliance politics not because of what they were... but i loved the chance to maybe change some of them. i have always been against l;l and against the term topfeeds, also i think clans pact out way too much. That is why i like ffa so much, l;l is out, topfeed / say what? and i ran solo tag so i could go pactless a couple times and had a blast and made a sick country to prove it can be done. The stuff i mentioned above is threw out the alliance server and so deeply rooted it is choking game play... so as people fluff the dev team is forced to make changes to make it more enjoyable. Here we don't have those things and noone is asking for anything to be changed. Well at least the nerfs on ghost ar and expenses. We like making large land countries, 100k plus... we like having to hit 1 bil to make the top 10.

The changes to the war crowd are nice. i do like them.